Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

drat, IRS looks young.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

so much heat

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.

McNutty posted:

Just randomly turned on the network and stumbled onto Iron Sheik's famous Gene Mean botch promo during Mania 1. This is awesome.

That is NOT a botch :colbert:

Oh god bless you Volkoff!

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."
God IRS used to look good

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Well, at least they didn't make Gene Mean sing it.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Soviet national anthem, best national anthem.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

:lol: All those people throwing poo poo into the ring.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's actually a not entirely terrible overdub.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
God I love Sheik.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Windham/Rotunda's theme is awful a lot like "Catch a Dream" from Parks and Rec.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Vaguely born in the USA

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
IRAN NUMBER ONE! RUSSIA NUMBER ONE! USA GAY! AND human being!

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."
I will never understand Capt. Lou's rubber bands

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
You know I really hope they have those IRS promos in the commercials like how they had the Buddy Rose blow away ad.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Wait, was Barry Windham also Tommy Rich of New Fabulous Ones fame or do they just look scarily alike?

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
Shieky was pretty loving jacked, holy smokes.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

They should have overdubbed the Fabulous Ones' "Born in the USA" knockoff here

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Also this thread has the chance to be consistently used and awesome so good job.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

dem boots

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Static Rook posted:

Wait, was Barry Windham also Tommy Rich of New Fabulous Ones fame or do they just look scarily alike?

"Blackjack Mulligan Jr., Barry Windham, Yellow Dog, The Widowmaker, The Stalker, Blackjack Windham"

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
If you added cargo pockets to Shiek's tights, Lita or Matt Hardy could have worn them in the late 90s.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

McNutty posted:

Also this thread has the chance to be consistently used and awesome so good job.

Seriously, a neverending GDT has serious fun potential. :3:

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Ventura might be my favorite commentator. He is just so talented at making bad seem good and vice versa. Heenan is obviously great but he worked way better with a talented foil and Venture just shines whether he is talking to Monsoon or to himself.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i wish we still had photojournalists crowding ringside

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
You'd never hear Ventura droning about how to use the app.

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

oatgan posted:

I just noticed them in an ECW PPV (Hardcore Heaven 99 I think) Taz or someone was trying to kick them off the apron. They are a cute touch.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

You'd never hear Ventura droning about how to use the app.

He'd be too busy talking about 9/11 and tower 7

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Reminder: Bray Wyatt is the kid of the guy with the perm and his partner's sister.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

"Blackjack Mulligan Jr., Barry Windham, Yellow Dog, The Widowmaker, The Stalker, Blackjack Windham"

Yeah I looked him up on Wikipedia, he just looks alot like Tommy Rich here for some reason. And the only reason Tommy Rich came to mind is because of MassRafter's streaming last Tuesday, pally!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cucktales Blogger posted:

He'd be too busy talking about 9/11 and tower 7

And weather machines.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

this was way better than i was expecting

McNutty posted:

I just noticed them in an ECW PPV (Hardcore Heaven 99 I think) Taz or someone was trying to kick them off the apron. They are a cute touch.
You seem them all the time in Japan. If WWE was still talked about in newspapers or what have you they'd still be around.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Static Rook posted:

Yeah I looked him up on Wikipedia, he just looks alot like Tommy Rich here for some reason. And the only reason Tommy Rich came to mind is because of MassRafter's streaming last Tuesday, pally!

Oh yeah, he loves adding their videos to the stream.

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!

oatgan posted:

Sure. It was all fun and games with photojournalists until Hogan got blinded by one and lost to Yokozuna.

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Having Fink in the ring after the match is so needlessly fussy and not ideal for wrestling that it kinda circles around and becomes awesome.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Classy Freddy was a boss heel manager.

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Al Hayes looks like a loving Muppet made out of meat.

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.
Let Mean Gene see it with his hands!

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
Andre's whole rear end is hanging out.

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Why would anyone think that Andre couldn't slam Studd? The visual of them next to each other kind of kills the heat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
"Andre's confident that he can slam the giant Studd."

• Locked thread