Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Hahahaha they gimmicked a pen into the bandage they're holding on Brock's hand. It's the little touches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Any idea when to expect legit subscription numbers?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Mr Scumbag posted:

Aren't episodes of RAW supposed to be available to stream straight after airing? I could have sworn it said that in the FAQ.

They're waiting 30 days, likely because of the Hulu agreement.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Senerio posted:

RAW is 30 days because of TV/hulu deals

Wow, way to go, WWE for making Network completely useless to me.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

WeaponX posted:

Any idea when to expect legit subscription numbers?

Next quarterly investor call.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Mr Scumbag posted:

Haha take that WWE. gently caress you!

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Mr Scumbag posted:

Yeah gently caress WWE for making this very affordable way to watch every past and future PPV ever from multiple feds + thousands of hours of old footage because you won't do this one thing I want that would mess with a lot of current contracts and possible new TV deals!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Gr, I was gonna suggest using my clean stream bookmarklet then doing the F11 full screen in firefox, but the way the player is built it doesn't full screen the video :\

Not very familiar with macs so the only thing I can think of (which is monkey-butt ugly) would be to run firefox in a virtual machine then full screen it and maximize the vm on the TV.

I'm sure there are far better solutions.

I've had this problem on my Mac before too (running multiple screens, full screen a video on the second screen, it keeps "unsnapping" from full screen whenever I do something else) and sometimes it just takes some time. It's weird but that's how it works.

Anybody overseas gotten the Network running yet?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Watching Barely Legal 1997 and they aren't censoring the crowd it seems

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The 1977 MSG show I couldn't load up earlier in the day even when other shows worked now seems to be working.

Holy poo poo Vince was young then.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Man, I missed the backstage pass and I still can't get VOD stuff to load :(

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I was like "Man, I remember Trish Stratus being pretty awesome but that was probably just me being young and thinking she was hot" so I searched Stratus and watched old matches for like 45 minutes.

Man, Trish Stratus was pretty awesome. Also, the WWE network is awesome.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Holy poo poo, José González is curtain jerking this show against some guy I've never heard of named Chad Nelson. I fully expected to see a murderer when I watched WM XX, but this took me by surprise.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
My 360 keeps giving me an "e-mail or password not recognized" error, but I'm able to sign in on my laptop and iPhone. I've seen a few other mentions of this being an issue, any word on it?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I haven't heard of anyone being able to sign in on Xbox 360.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

At a friends house and he had lots of problems with the PS3 streaming anything but on the computer it runs just fine.

Now I keep trying to sign up but having problems with cc being accepted. But messing around at his house, this is gonna be so awesome when all the kinks get worked out so basically

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Man, Joey Styles was a really bad announcer in the Eastern Championship Wrestling days. Like, even by his standards.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

oldpainless posted:

At a friends house and he had lots of problems with the PS3 streaming anything but on the computer it runs just fine.

Now I keep trying to sign up but having problems with cc being accepted. But messing around at his house, this is gonna be so awesome when all the kinks get worked out so basically

Give your friend cash and have him buy you a sub as a gift.

Cool thing I checked up on:

Android app is smooth and awesome. It also is much easier to get the schedule up. In early March the Hardcore TVs they're airing are not currently on demand, so it looks like the 24 hour rotation is how they're going to drive their on demand library. I'm OK with this in theory but man I like chronologically driving through entire libraries of things. Alas.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Used Yottsume's guide to sign up on my PS3 and it's loving beautiful. Still no VOD on here though but this Wrestlemania Rewind show has potential to be really interesting.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Just did a stress test for the Network on the following devices:

iPad 4: Check.
iPhone 5: Check.
PS4: Check.
Firefox: Check.
Chrome: Check.

Works wonderful and is crystal clear on this end. I know there's still a lot of work to be done with the minutae and the coding, but I am pleased with my purchase thus far.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Did my own stress test and I think this is 10 dollars well spent.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thauros posted:

First non first day snafu related complaint with the Network.

I tend to watch video by connecting my laptop to my TV by HDMI. if I maximize the video on my tv, it goes back to standard size whenever I switch focus to my laptop screen. Any way around this? Firefox and OS X user if it matters.

Huh, either they fixed it or it's just a live feed thing because I'm having no problem running the MSG house show full screen on my TV. This is loving awesome.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie
I've been hearing word that Canadians could get the Network on Apple TV with no VPNs or workarounds or hijinx, and sure enough, I signed up and it worked. 5 minutes later, the WWE App has been removed from the Canadian Apple TV menu, and if I switch my region to U.S., it tells me my Apple account is only good for Canadian content, and boots me out again.

Guys I think I just spent $60 on a black hole.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Anyone else trying this on a Roku (2)? I was able to watch backstage pass or whatever but I can't get any ppvs to load. I also tried watching main event replays and it just takes me back the home screen (channels). Also the frame is off on the menu screen and seemed a little weird on backstage pass, but I don't know if that's my 8 year old hdtv or what.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I'm watching The Great Kabuki beat up two losers on WCCW and I have the biggest smile on my face.

Wrestling owns, guys.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

MiketheGreat posted:

I've been hearing word that Canadians could get the Network on Apple TV with no VPNs or workarounds or hijinx, and sure enough, I signed up and it worked. 5 minutes later, the WWE App has been removed from the Canadian Apple TV menu, and if I switch my region to U.S., it tells me my Apple account is only good for Canadian content, and boots me out again.

Guys I think I just spent $60 on a black hole.

Eh you can always stream on PC I guess. I think I'd be fine with that for the PPVs. The TV stream is just gravy.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Fluffdaddy posted:

Did my own stress test and I think this is 10 dollars well spent.

Did this myself. Sadly "Beaker" does not return any results.

Serf Surviving
Aug 19, 2013
So my first day with the WWE Network is complete and I have to say, I'm so overwhelmed with what we've been given. To any hardcore wrestling fan, this is a steal. I'm a bit sad that the PS4 version is still really horrible and laggy with old PPV's, but everything I've been able to see Live on it has been crystal clear and perfect. Pretty drat good for day one. The PS4 version is a bit strange though. Especially the odd choices for sounds when browsing things. Other than that, I'm sure everything will be ironed out in a few days and running smoothly.

The search function is really cool, and I didn't expect us to have been given the past two years of RAW episodes to kick off the Network. That was a nice treat. I'm really excited for the future of the WWE Network. This is a dream come true to have all of this content available to us at any time in such crisp quality.

Now, time to watch The Dudleys pour concrete all over Paul Bearer and watch JBL and Eddie Guerrero duke it out in a Texas Bullrope Match, because I can. :3: I'm glad everyone who's been able to get it to work is enjoying it.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

MJBuddy posted:

Eh you can always stream on PC I guess. I think I'd be fine with that for the PPVs. The TV stream is just gravy.

That's the thing: I used my Apple account to buy it through ATV (paying the full $60 upfront, rather than the monthly plan), and the app vanished before I could link that to my WWE account. And as far as I know, Apple TV is the only way to link the accounts...

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Serf Surviving posted:

Especially the odd choices for sounds when browsing things.

The first time I turned it on and tried to scroll through old PPVs and it went "BWAAAMPP" all loud I thought I had hit an error of some sort

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

MiketheGreat posted:

That's the thing: I used my Apple account to buy it through ATV (paying the full $60 upfront, rather than the monthly plan), and the app vanished before I could link that to my WWE account. And as far as I know, Apple TV is the only way to link the accounts...

Oh poo poo. That does seem like a black whole.

I think you found a way to actually throw money at the screen and have the screen just take it.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Great White Hope posted:

I'm watching The Great Kabuki beat up two losers on WCCW and I have the biggest smile on my face.

Wrestling owns, guys.

King Kong Bundy in "trucker clothes" (to quote my wife), was pretty amazing too.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

http://yottsumepuroresu.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/how-to-watch-wwe-network-outside-of.html

This is the guide Yottsume wrote for getting the Network outside the US, pretty easy stuff and worked for me in the UK. If you're signed up already it might help getting it working.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Some Other Guy posted:

Anyone else trying this on a Roku (2)?

I have a Roku 3. The live stream is working amazing for me but, like you, all on demand content will not load in any way, shape or form. The most I have gotten is waiting 30 seconds for the 5 second tv rating to show. After that, the connection times out and it returns me to the previous screen. I have not noticed any issues with the screen being off though.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I watched December to Dismember and an old Rumble, tomorrow I'm gin n a watch NXT, poo poo is worth the money.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Randy Orton doing Rest in Peace is the greatest thing.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

So do they not archive the pre and post shows? I work and DVR Raw, but would still like to check them out. I don't see them anywhere though...

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

TheJoker138 posted:

So do they not archive the pre and post shows? I work and DVR Raw, but would still like to check them out. I don't see them anywhere though...

I found them by going through the schedule tab, just click up and you'll find them with a nice 'Watch Now' button.

They should make them visible like all other brodcasts, though, I agree.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Sky Shadowing posted:

I found them by going through the schedule tab, just click up and you'll find them with a nice 'Watch Now' button.

They should make them visible like all other brodcasts, though, I agree.

There's no up button when I'm on what's airing right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
This link will take you to Raw's Pre-Show: http://network.wwe.com/video/v31383335

Here is Backstage Pass: http://network.wwe.com/video/v31383337