Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Aubrey Murphy FP OOX | Hope OOO | Passion O [Requisition Orders: XXXXX]

Aubrey grabs Kaiya's arms and shakes her. "Don't say that!" She catches herself and steps away again. "We've got enough trouble without asking for more."

"Okay, is anyone else coming along to the computer labs?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Kaiya is unmoved.

"Pffffft. What could possibly-"

Kaiya doesn't understand those words have power to Westerners. If Aubrey can't Quickly beat Fair (+2), I get to place the aspect What Could Possibly Go Wrong with a free invoke I can use like a Passion invoke.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Aubrey Murphy FP OXX | Hope OOO | Passion O [Requisition Orders: XXXXX]

Aubrey immediately covers Kaiya's mouth with her hands. "Don't say that. If you say that terrible things will happen." Aubrey reaches into her bag with a free hand and extracts a roll of silvery tape, tears it with her teeth, and tapes Kaiya's mouth shut. "There."

"Jia, can you go with Tom and keep an eye on Kaiya? Daigo found the stuff about the computers so he should come with me and Sebastian. Laura, where are you headed?"

[20:48] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +-//+1 = 1
Invoking Badass But Normal to find a mundane solution.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey
FP/Refresh 0 -> 1 / 3 | Hope OOO

Laura sighs with relief as Madoka steps into line. "Thank God. I can't believe I'm on the same side as the Dork Lord for once."

Still tense from the confrontation, however, she makes her way towards the room's window with a cigarette in her hand. "You guys can enjoy your trip to Nerd Club. I'll just, oh, I don't know..."

The girl trails off as she appears to lose herself in teenage apathy and indecision, only focusing enough to unlock, open, and stare out the window. Outside is somewhat typical mid-day scene as seen from the dorms, with all the scenery of the school, nature, and- Oh.

Out there, sitting in a distant tree, a familiar white feline stares right back at her. The two lock eyes for a few seconds, until Laura turns back towards the inside of the room.

"...I guess I'll go with Tom."

Compelling Sparkly Moon Magic With A Dark Secret to invite the presence/interference of a certain magical animal in the next scene.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
"Same, I guess," Konami says, cracking her knuckles.

Madoka looks at her open wardrobe and fidgets. "I'm gonna clean up here. Maybe see if I can make it not burn people. I'll catch up!"

You haul rear end just before the lunch bell rings!

~Noon

Zephaniah's Beach [Jia, Laura, Thomas]
Aspects: Beach Party!; That One Weird Rock

Zephaniah's Beach is a cozy little bay downhill from the Academy, easy to defend and hard to drown in. It's usually only popular after school, and the sky seems to be filling with clouds, but it's lunchtime so you should still keep an eye out for visitors.

There's a net and fence keeping people from getting at the sea, though you can get past that if you really try, and a lifeguard tower with a great view of the bay near the entrance. The lifeguard's almost always here, but sneaking around them shouldn't be too hard if that's your plan.

Oh yeah, and there's always that weird rock in the distance.

Computer Club Lab [Aubrey, Daigo, Sebastian]
Aspects: Nerd Alert; The Second Most Powerful Club

Ugh, the Computer Appreciation Society.

You've heard the rumours. They're the most powerful club behind the Student Council, with a sweet ground-floor club space, all the latest tech, and the ability to influence school decisions. The Headmaster even handed them some IT-related jobs around the school with only mild Council oversight, like issuing keycards to regular students. Their power is nowhere near the Council's, but still unheard-of.

If you're Daigo or take an interest in school council affairs... the Computer Appreciation Society. There's got to be something going on here. Her Majesty Bobbi Shrewsbury of the Palace of the Soul herself has instructed Mei-Ling to guarantee them a nice chunk of the club funding budget, depriving her of the iron grip she has on every other club. Bobbi won't speak of what dark deal she had to forge with them. Most of the Council doesn't trust them, and even ex-Society member Tech Officer Mojibake has taken careful steps to ensure the Society has no excuse to access Council computers.

And this club room. So normal. All that funding and this is what they slum it in? Where is that money going? Do they really only have this many computers? What is your game, Computer Appreciation Society? Technology is scary!

A few club nerds have already arrived to spend their lunch here. Hopefully he's not here...

Oh, but he is.

Justin Wong III

Aspects: Computer Appreciation Society President; The Devil Knows Java; ???

"Oh, hello there!" Justin smiles warmly and offers you all a firm, genuine handshake.

"Anything you need, or are you just here for computers? Plenty free! We're playing a few rounds of Transeldritch Trigger Panic soon if you're interested..."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

FP: 3/3 Hope: OOO

Sebastian sighs as he reluctantly accepts the handshake. He doesn't like it here all that much. He always makes a point to use practical effects in his movies, but sometimes he just has to come to the club and ask for some CG done. It always hurts his pride.

"Er, yeah, no thanks, Justin. We're here on business. We're trying to clear our names of something and we think you might be involved with it. But Daigo knows more than me about it."

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

FP/Refresh: 1/3 Hope: OOO

"Wait, we aren't getting lunch?!" Tom whines as the group splits up. His ears droop sadly. "I wanted a free lunch..."

-----------------------------------------------

"I'll just have to catch my own, nya!" he whispers to himself as he, Jia, and Laura make their way over to the beach. No time for sleeping, he's going to get himself a fish or a fat dove or a field mouse or something...preferably a fish. Although somebody would probably complain if they saw him eating like that. Oh well, time to focus on figuring out this Shenyashen thingy...if he can get some food, bonus points! He starts poking around in the bushes, quietly humming "here, Shyubby...here, Shyubby...~"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

"Hi Wong." Aubrey accepts the handshake, trying to be pleasant. She hasn't really gotten along all that way with the Computer Appreciation Society since the time they'd talked her into playing paintball with them. The damage to their pride as FPS players hadn't gone over well, and to be honest, she might have gone a little overboard.

"Sebastian's right, we can't really stay very long..."

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Yo, phoneposting at nearly 3 AM, I make no promises of quality

FP: 1/3 Hope: XOO

"Wong." Daigo takes the handshake warily, as if expecting it to be somehow poisoned. Or rigged to register him in a database of sex offenders or something. Computers!

There is little he has to discuss with CAS members, mostly because he sort of shares Konami's stance on computers: beyond internet browsing and word processing, they are sort of strange and powerful things that he does not really think he will ever fully understand beyond sort of clicking around and hoping things work. Command prompt control may as well be a school of magic in and of itself.

"We have reason to believe members of your club have been granting all-access privileges to student cards. ...More than usual, I suppose." He puts his hand to his chin in thought. "This would be of little consequence if it weren't for the recent Forbidden Sections breakin. We would therefore request from you permission to investigate this matter with members of your club."

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey
FP/Refresh 1 / 3 | Hope OOO

"You consider that crap food?" Laura quips. "No way am I going back to detention for a school lunch. Especially if it's getting delivered by Headmaster Dumb-lace."

---

"Man, can you believe that the others are in Nerd Club right now?" The girl remarks as she surveys the pleasant scenery of the beach. "Too bad the weather's starting to get kinda crummy."

"So..." She looks to the others. "What's the plan, anyway? Just party on the beach, or what?"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD

"Maybe?" Tom shrugs his shoulders. "I'm here on a...it's called a 'hunch', right, nya? Like I said, why would Shyubby decide to show up in a library? Place is full of dead things, nya? So maybe he's outside the school at the moment...ooh, sparrow!"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

"If this is the same Shenshashen Daddy was talking about, I think the trick to getting him to show up would be human sacrifice in the water." Jia shrugs, apathetically, not really caring about the events. "I don't think we'd get away with that one though. Maybe a pig or something?"

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

"Here?" Konami looks around. She grabbed her swimsuit on the way here, but she's waiting for someone to tell her what to do. "Should we be looking for a body in the water?"

"I bet you could figure out this cultist poo poo," Kaiya says brightly. "Maybe you can find us a dog or OOF"

Konami puts Kaiya in a casual iron headlock. "So we looking around or what?"

Computer Club Lab [Aubrey, Daigo, Sebastian]

Justin looks serious, because this is a serious accusation. The Society members in the room look at him, then check something on their computers. One of them makes an "OK" gesture at him, and Justin holds up four fingers. You're not sure what they're saying to each other, but...

"Alright," Justin says.

He pushes open a supply closet in the back of the room and gestures for you to follow down the staircase behind it wait why is there a staircase in here

The Real Computer Lab

Aspects: Welcome To My Secret Underground Lair; The Second Most Powerful Club

This is the IT basement, where the Computer Appreciation Society controls their share of the school networks. The desks are filled with Society senior members on their lunch break, all talking into headsets or typing away as they watch the screens in front of them. They're undertaking a massive lunchtime operation, and there is very little room for error.

"More mobs on the left!"
"Boss is at 55%, get ready for the next phase!"
"I need a heal!"

Justin walks you past them and over to a steel door set into a brick wall in the middle of the basement.

"We keep the keycard stuff down here. If someone made an unauthorised keycard, they'd have to find a way around... her."

The students sitting close to the door discreetly move away as Justin knocks gently and creaks the door open.

Beyond it lies a neat white room with low shelves full of US comic books, a simple hammock, a pile of laundry in the corner and a man-sized pyramid of used soda cans. It almost looks like a tiny dorm room. There's a big desk here covered in sophisticated computer hardware and surrounded by screens, with a girl hunched over in the middle of it all...

Tsubaki Tsubaki

Aspects: ??????

The silent girl looks up at you groggily as the door opens. She's wearing a dirty hoodie tossed over the school uniform, and her hair is cut roughly at the shoulders like someone went at it with a knife. One of her eyes twitches as the light from outside spills onto her face.

You have no idea who this is. Is she even a student?

"This is Security Officer Tsubaki Tsubaki," Justin says, nonchalantly standing off to the side where Tsubaki can't see her. "Have fun!"

Ettin fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Feb 18, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Sebastian looks around at all the goddamn computers and mutters under his breath. "Oh my god all we have are a few projectors and a Bluray player I hate these guys."

And then there was Tsubaki.

"Er....Hey. I don't think I've seen you around." He places a hand on the desk and leans in, all film noir style. "So, what's the deal with the keycards? You been giving out some all-access passes?"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

"Um, hello. It's nice to meet you. Wong said you were the Security Officer...? We have some questions. If you have the time." Aubrey says hello and then lets Sebastian take the lead in questioning the strange girl. She looks around the room casually. Then it hits her that this is totally like the secret command center of the villains in a movie. She looks around shiftily, then carefully starts checking things out for clues.

[21:58] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, /-/-+3 = 1
Screw dat. Using my Passion to make it a 5.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Sebastian

Tsubaki trembles slightly as Sebastian approaches her Personal Space.

And then he leans in just enough...

Before Sebastian knows what's up, Tsubaki's empty chair is spinning on the floor and the Security Officer has all four limbs wrapped around him. Sebastian doesn't know if she's trying to knock him down or bite his shoulder but she's pretty lightweight so it's not too bad.

Man she smells like Febreeze though.

Quick attack! <Krysmbot> Ettin, /-/-+2 = 0 Tsubaki invokes her The Bad Touch aspect for a reroll!
<Krysmbot> Ettin, -/+/+2 = 2

Tsubaki will stop mauling Sebastian once he exits the room or manages to pry her off.

Aubrey

Okay, so this is clearly Tsubaki's lair and she's a huge dork. Aubrey can see some pretty sophisticated computer technology lying around here too, and she definitely knows how to use it. It looks like she was mostly using her screens to watch dumb cartoons for kids, though. Even worse, some of her shelves contain... Hong Kong action movies! So uncool.

As she looks around, Aubrey starts to remember a few things. An urban legend in her class. One of the dorm rooms at the far end of Dunwich Hall is always closed for repairs or something, and supposedly a crazy ghost lives in there. Sometimes people swear they see a mysterious ghost girl wandering to and from the club building at night. All your classes are recorded, and you're pretty sure you can see an empty classroom on one of her screens. You know the school has taken in a few students - some even orphans - from the blighted parts of the world, and some can be pretty messed up. Some of your classes have empty seats.

Aubrey is pretty sure Tsubaki Tsubaki is her classmate, with everything that implies.

Aubrey discovers two aspects: Zero Cool and The Hikikomori of Class A-3. She gets one free invoke between them!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"What the gently caress get off aaaaah!"

Sebastian waves his arms around and attempts to pry the girl from his back.

Forcefully prying this nerd off
<Krysmbot> Waffleman, /-+++2 = 3

(x)

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Feb 18, 2014

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey

"So we're out here on a hunch, huh?" Laura smirks, then shrugs. "Yeah, that's cool."

"But uh... What do we actually know about Shenshasen, anyway? Like, he's some Chinese divine spirit, right? And he accepts sacrifices apparently? And he's somehow related to that... Shub-Niggurath... thing. And he's pretty dangerous, apparently? Is that it? I feel like I'm missing something..."

"If I'm not, though, and we're just going on hunches..." The girl points at the weird rock on the horizon. "I bet you if we're going to find something we'll find something there. I mean look at it, that rock's weird and spooky as hell. Probably has tons of spirits on it. And if it doesn't, well, worst case is that we go check out a pretty cool rock. Not a bad way to spend lunch time, I think. What d'you guys think?"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

"Hey, I'm a cat, remember?" Tom cocks his head back at Laura and smirks with a pointed tooth. "We always have good instincts. It helps when we go hunting, nya! In fact, speaking of..."

He starts sniffing at the air, and then suddenly dives into the bushes...whereupon he bumps heads with someone that looks like him! Or, well, would if he still looked like a normal cat.

"Nya! Another cat! Wait, I thought I was the only magic cat on this island, nya. Who're you?"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Aubrey grabs up a comic book, rolls it into a tube, and whacks Tsubaki with it. "Bad otaku! No biting! We're here for computer help!"

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Feb 19, 2014

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

"A magic cat?"

The cat slides around Tom's legs and looks up at him with a smug little cat smile.

"Really? You look like a human who makes funny noises. I suppose you do smell a little like a cat. I smell a cat, a human, a magical girl, someone tainted by the Yama—"

"Hey! You little..." Konami steps forward and the cat darts behind Laura's feet.

"Sup?" it asks her.

The Real Computer Lab [Aubrey, Daigo, Sebastian]

Tsubaki's limbs have a grip like a vice, but a combination of pushing and hitting her with a rolled-up book seems to do the trick. Tsubaki scurries behind her desk, sitting so her chair's back is in front of her like a shield.

Justin leans against the wall and gives some exposition now that it's totally useless. "Tsubaki's a scholarship kid. Her town was on the frontline of some war with... some cult. Dragon Lords? Black Lotus Brotherhood?"

Tsubaki hisses.

"Anyway," Justin continues, "she's fine now that we took her under our wing. Just, you know... she's probably more comfortable talking to you online. Go ahead, ask her anything. Just don't go too close unless you pacify her with a cola or something."

Okay! You can now use this computer room to ask any questions that could possibly be answered by school records, student profiles or Computer Appreciation Society records. You will need to overcome Good (+3) difficulty to do it without Tsubaki getting bitey, though you can create advantages or create an advantage to justify her staying out of her way first if you want. Also, if you have any questions or requests about the Society or its members, Justin will answer (for now).

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey

"Oh, the usual." Laura responds, crouching down to pet the white cat. "Y'know, getting detention, sneaking around school, getting in fights, breaking things, getting creeped the gently caress out by Fred- Can you believe he had a collection of my DVDs? God, I hate those things. Oh, and fighting goddamn desk monsters. That was the worst. Then we found out Madoka wants to become a loving Magical Warrior and she was gonna kill somebody to do it! I think she's going to end up worst than me! And-"

Suddenly Laura stops herself, realizing that maybe this wasn't the best time to vent to her cat about her day. "But anyway," She looks back up to the others, "everybody, this is Shiro. He's kind of like my cat. Y'know, like how magical girls always have their cute magical animal sidekick. We've been buds ever since he gave me magical powers and poo poo. That was back in middle school. He's cool."

"And Shiro," The girl gestures to everybody else for the cat, "these are my classmates. Well, some of them. They're alright. We're out here looking into that whole Shenshasen thing."

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

"What do you mean 'a little', sss?!" Tom yowls at the cat...come to think of it, did anyone in Ulthar have such elaborate...fur patterns off the back of their ears? He watches Laura bend down to stroke his head. "Nyah, so it's Shiro...wait, you're her pet? It...isn't it supposed to be the other way around, nya?" He cocks his head to one side in confusion. "Eh...mew...Laura...why would he...?" Then he shivers and shakes his tail out. "Nyeh! Doesn't make any sense at all! Just like this Shenyashnyen business. How long have you been out here, magic buddy? Any sign of odd happenings..." he points vaguely in the direction of the beach.

"Please don't tell me syomething's out on the rock, nya. I don't like swimming."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

FP: 3/3 Stress: OOO

"Hate this place..." Sebastian brushes himself off and turns to Justin, not ready to deal with Tsubaki again.

"So you guys are in charge of making and distributing keycards for students and faculty?"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

"Waaaaa!" Jia jumps back. "A talking cat is bad, bad luck!" She gestures. "They were left out of the Zodiac for a reason! They speak only lies!"

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey

"Hey!" Laura glares, "Don't talk that way about Shiro. I don't care what superstitions you have about talking cats, Shiro's my best friend."

She scratches the cat on the back of the neck some more. "You're totally off on the lying thing, anyway. Back in middle school, he was one of the few things I could trust to really be honest with me."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Aubrey ducks out of Tsubaki's room for a moment, then returns with a few slices of pizza taken from one of the distracted raiders in the main room. She holds one out, waggling it a little, just a bit outside of Tsubaki's reach. "Hey, would you like something to eat? I'd like to be friends. Maybe you can show me some of what you're working on."

[13:28] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +//-+3 = 3
Rolling Careful approach to place the Friends? Friends! aspect to get Tsubaki to help us, hopefully with less gnawing on limbs.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Tom just glares at Jia, then smacks her in the back of the shin with his tail in absolute contempt.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

"Not you Tom, cat-spirit-creatures are different. Actually..." Jia looks thoughtful. "I'm starting to think Shenshashen sounds familiar, as a name. Maybe it was some famous guy in a book... I think he was a cat spirit? No, wait, he was just a sand creature. I thought he was a cat for some reason."

Jia looks over the ocean, pensive.

She jumps up. "LITTERBOXES!"

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

"That's me!" Shiro says. He steps out into the middle of the group. "Truth, all the way. Watch! Laura's the best friend I could ask for, Jia is heir to powers she is using for heroism, the heart of a devil lurks inside Konami, Thomas is some kind of cat, and I don't know what the deal with whatsherface there is."

"Hey!" Kaiya folds her arms. "I'll have you know I'm kind of a big deal."

"You little bastard!" Konami cracks her knuckles.

Shiro licks himself, unconcerned. "So, what's it gonna be? Studying the sea floor? Looking at that island? Checking out this sweet cat?"

"Well, kind of," Justin says. "The Headmaster does the faculty and issues basic keycards. We help students keep their access privileges up to date and replace lost cards. Officially we're just an assistant to the Student Council, but they're all the way up there so it's much easier to make a deal with Down Below, am I right?"

He smiles!

Tsubaki's head bobs after the pizza like a dog following a ball. She darts forward, snatches it up and retreats to eat in her chair. Then she pushes the chair back to give you computer access.

Whoever starts asking questions first can invoke Friends? Friends! for a nigh-guaranteed answer!

Ettin fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Feb 23, 2014

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Aubrey smiles, even though she's a little disturbed. She goes over to join her at the computer, keeping back enough not to violate Tsubaki's personal space. "Okay, so... Did you give anyone access to the Forbidden Sections recently? A student, I mean. Or do you know if anyone hacked the system recently to do something like that? Oh, and do you recognize this symbol?"

Aubrey pulls out the bracelet she found in the forbidden section.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

FP: 3/3 Stress: OOO

Sebastian steps back and holds his arms out in front of him. "No biting."

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey

"Woah, Konami," Laura holds her hands out in front of herself. "No need to get so upset. Shiro just kinda tells it like it is. He doesn't really even care if you're upset, anyway. Plus, it's not like he's wrong, is he?"

"Anyway, if we're looking for something to do, I say we go check out that rock." Raising her hands up to block the sun, the girls looks over the whole bay. "But I don't wanna swim there. There's gotta be a boat around here we can take. We'll just have to sneak around and find one."

Laura turns around to the others with a mischievous half-grin. "You guys up for that? I know you are, Shiro!" She starts walking backwards towards the bay's entrance. "Try not to get spotted by the life guard."

Sneaking around the beach and looking for an unattended boat.
<Takanago> !r fudge+1
<Krysmbot> Takanago, ++/++1 = 4

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

After giving Jia another tail smack and Shiro a big cat grin (:3:), Tom nods cheerfully to Laura.

"Good! Boats are good! I mean, land is good, but a boat is preferable to a swim, nya!"

He crouches down into the bushes and stalks his way over to the forest edge for a better look. "I wonder if we should distract the lifeguard someheow, nya? Like, throw something in the water and make him swim that way while we go to the rock?"

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Konami growls.

"That— that's technically true, but...!"

"Exactly," Shiro beams. Konami just fumes.

Laura finds one of the school boats, and...

That One Weird Rock, Zephaniah's Beach

People swim out here on a dare sometimes, but they don't stay for long. As far as you know, nobody's gone further than putting something on the beach to prove they were here before running.

It takes about a minute to circle enough of the rock to find something - a weird hill out of sight of the beach, with some weird slabs of rock on it and a dirt ramp smoothed out. You haven't seen it before, but you've seen a better designed version...

"Told you," Shiro says.

"How did you know about this?" Konami asks.

Shiro shrugs. "I have a lot of free time. I just observe. That's how I know about your heart."

"Stop saying that!"

Shiro pads around her legs. "Oh, just own it, girl. It's not a big deal compared to what some of the others have going on. So you have the heart of a devil, you have close connections with Yama Cult members and there's a room near the back entrance to the Forbidden Sections for caging you when you go berserk. It's not a big deal!"

"That— you can't— YOU LITTLE poo poo!" Konami points at Shiro. "HE'S TWISTING EVERYTHING SO IT SOUNDS BAD!"

Shiro beams.

. . .

:frogsiren: Time for some compels!

Laura (Sparkly Moon Magic With A Dark Secret): Bullshit, man. Like every word Shiro says is one hundred percent accurate, what's her problem? Wait, why are you even letting this lunatic tag along, let alone leave Detention?
Jia (Literal Wuxia Hero In Training): You KNEW it! She is TOTALLY a cultist! You don't know whether to kick her off the island or just kick her!
Thomas (Catboy of Ulthar): Shiro's a cat! Cats are pretty great. gently caress non-cats.

If you roll anything against her, you have a free invoke of that Guilty Gene aspect she picked up.

. . .

Tsubaki takes the bracelet, contemplates it thoughtfully, and puts it in her mouth.

After a moment she spits it out and hands it back, then turns to the computer and starts typing. A few monitors throw up maps of the Forbidden Sections and a login for the security feed - the actual security center is in the Miskatonic labs under the school, but the Computer Appreciation Society gets to act as an auxilary station. How much power do these guys have?

Anyway, Tsubaki lets all that stuff load up and pulls up student profiles instead. She seems to have seen it before while watching class feeds, and she has a pretty good memory. She types a single word into a .txt file to communicate with Aubrey:

pre:
"forever"
And then she pulls up a profile.

It's Feixue Guo. She is totally wearing the exact same bracelet.

. . .

:frogsiren: Compels? Compels!

Aubrey (Miss Class Rep): It was Feixue! You can hang out with Tsubaki later, it's time to take action! If you're quick you can catch Feixue and grab her before lunch ends and she disappears into the safety of the classroom!
Daigo (Only You Can Prevent Eldritch Fires!): Lawbreaker! Forget this creepy computer society with vague Hell subtexts, time to chase down the culprit and give her a piece of your mind!
Sebastian (I Think I Saw This In A Movie Once), only if Aubrey or Daigo accept: Oh man, this is going to be the epic confrontation with the culprit, isn't it? You can't miss this!

Ettin fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Feb 24, 2014

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey
FP/Refresh 1 -> 2 / 3 | Hope OOO

"God, SHUT UP!" Laura screams angrily. "Shiro might have the patience to deal with existential teenage bullshit, but I don't. At least not for someone with their head stuck so far up their rear end!"

She throws her arms up in obvious frustration, turning a bit red. "Wake the gently caress up, Konami! Open your eyes and actually try listening to what he's talking about! He's trying to HELP you! Everything that cat is saying is One-Hundred-loving-Percent True! It might suck, but you know what? Life sucks! It sucks a lot! loving deal with it. I did!"

"Why don't you take some of your loving Crazy Pills and calm the gently caress down?! Or did you leave those in your locker? Is that why you've been acting like such a PSYCHO BITCH today?!"

Compel accepted.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

You know what...something's up. Compel denied.

FP/Refresh: 1-1/3 Hope: OOO

Tom looks at Shiro, then at Konami, then back at Shiro again, and then tilts his head to one side. "You knyow, Konami...they say, in the Dreamlands, you can tell how safe you are by how close the cats stay. And for all of Shiro's talking about how dyangerous you are...he's staying awfully close to you. He's been on your lap on the boat ride over, he's been right behind you while we were here...see, he's brushing against your leg nyow, nya!" He kneels down and gets on all fours to look Shiro in the eye. "She's nyat that dangerous at all, is she, nya? You're smiling...mew...~"

He smiles and flicks his tail out in a cutesy manner. "The cats at home would be given you a lot myore distance if you were demonic, nya!"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

Jia looks at Konami, watching her temper rise.

She makes a decision.

With a firm stance, Jia points at Konami. "When we leave this island, you should stay here, and not return until your kung fu is strong enough to resist your anger!"

Jia then turns her back on Konami.

Omg, that was soooo coooool. she thinks to herself.

Compel accepted.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Alright! I am waiting for one reply from everyone (or until I get bored) so no Computer Lab post yet, but the Beach can have one.

"I— I'm not! Don't—"

Konami stiffens, her eyes widen, and she clutches at her chest. "don't.... aaaaaaaghh..."

Shiro looks between Thomas and the groaning Konami, still smiling. "I'm Laura's cat. I don't usually fear for my safety around humans."

Konami sways, drops to her knees and gasps in pain. Shiro starts circling her.

"This is un...fortunate. This is the start. First her blighted heart pumps black blood through her system, then she... Hmm. She seems to be resisting the Demon Gene, but she's only drawing the process out." Shiro smiles some more. "She should have taken my advice. Ah, speaking of advice..."

Shiro turns away from the doubled-over Konami as she struggles to breathe and starts putting some serious distance between them. "We should move. It's possible that we can leave her here until she calms, at least... What would you advise?"

Konami is gaining the aspect Satsui no Hado. You have three choices! Take your time and feel free to talk it over OOC, I'm not replying until I can post something for the Lab team too.

• Stay and try to calm her (won't work, might create advantages to use later though)
• Hide around the odd hill until she goes away (possibly gaining some valuable clues in the process!)
• Take the boat and go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

"Feixue?" Aubrey stares. "That doesn't make any sense, isn't one of the group from the detention hall supposed to be the culprit. Unless Lovelace was wrong - argh, whatever! If nothing else she has know something! Come on, let's go!" Without waiting for anyone else, she runs out of the room, nearly knocking over Wong - then runs back in, bumping him again. "Thank's Tsubaki we'll hang out later bye!" Then takes off for real, catching Wong a third time if he isn't quick enough to get out of the way.

Compel accepted!

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Feb 26, 2014

• Locked thread