Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
Updated vote count through Theglavwen's post.

Edit: vvv no prob! Updated your vote.

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Feb 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

Can I change my vote on 1 to 1 E - Plan Vavrek

(Thanks for catching the typo)

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Additional write in vote;

Voting to, whichever adventure party option we take, find a kickass monster trophy to send to King Rimush. You know, to thank him for helping pull our rear end out of the fire at the Temple Beatdown

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Hey Diog, what class of people/professions live in the kind of house we do? What's the wealth gap between ourselves and the richer/est people in the city?

Want to know who we should envy/ruin. Don't say I never do anything for you Team Capitalism.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

I'll like to add +1 to religious dialogue with Paebel, plan bridge, and club training in addition to my previous vote

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

After all our "performance", we certainly need all the club training we can get. :getin:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

paragon1 posted:

Hey Diog, what class of people/professions live in the kind of house we do? What's the wealth gap between ourselves and the richer/est people in the city?

Want to know who we should envy/ruin. Don't say I never do anything for you Team Capitalism.

If I'm not too horribly mistaken, there's 3 general tiers of homes:
- the ghetto. Live next to lovely water. But hey, you have a roof (roof not guaranteed)
- the middle layer. This is where our house is, also Tudiya's, so there's a lot of middle ground there.
- the merchants. Ostensibly the most expensive and tricked out of the homes.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
We need to be more pious, when we get more cash we should build a giant mega-mansion in the shittiest, slummiest part of town to show those poors how great their lives could be if they believed in El just a little bit more instead of thinking about themselves all the time.

And we can buy some slaves to build it.

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:

Outrail posted:

We need to be more pious, when we get more cash we should build a giant mega-mansion in the shittiest, slummiest part of town to show those poors how great their lives could be if they believed in El just a little bit more instead of thinking about themselves all the time.

And we can buy some slaves to build it.

Replace slaves with daughters in law and you've got Nanny Ogg's approval.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

the_steve posted:

If I'm not too horribly mistaken, there's 3 general tiers of homes:
- the ghetto. Live next to lovely water. But hey, you have a roof (roof not guaranteed)
- the middle layer. This is where our house is, also Tudiya's, so there's a lot of middle ground there.
- the merchants. Ostensibly the most expensive and tricked out of the homes.

Tudiya has "the biggest home in the city" so that doesn't sound quite right.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
I think the richest people are Mighty Men. Which makes sense, as they all live long lives, are masters at whatever craft they take, and make large sums of money monster hunting (even when they bring back only a few bits of monster to sell).

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

paragon1 posted:

You live at the very edge of the "rich" part of town, where Blooded families and the rich live. Your home is at the very bottom of the scale for what might be called a "rich" home, a flawed analogy is a nice upper middle class home. It is a better home than most within the city have but far, far less grand than the homes of the rich, such as successful smiths, rich merchants or men who own land others farm.

Land is at a high premium within the city walls, especially in the "good" part of town, which is at the east end, where folks can get river water before everyone else pisses and shits into it. The land your home is on is SUBSTANTIALLY more valuable than the building itself.

You are making quiet a lot of wealth, but land is at a premium.

Good and noble goons,

I work on or at least start to work on the updates as much as I can manage during the day and unless the vote changed(which it often does) finish them at night.

Work has me swamped. Instead of daily posting "maybe tonight" and leaving you to hope...

No update tonight, for sure.

Tomorrow is also doubtful.

Time skips take time to handle and considering almost a year will have passed between the last update and the next, I need time to fill it all out. You should have had four months of city news in the last update and more information about you. We will probably update on Thursday night or Friday.

Voting for all questions remains open, except for #4 which I am closing.

We have lots of write ins for side things you want to do. As a rough guideline for THIS vote, write ins for #6 which receive ten or more votes with no meaningful number of opposing votes will happen. It looks like quiet a few will happen right now.

The issue with Indor is sufficiently important I am making it a formal vote since the update is not imminent.

7. Do you continue dealing with Indor?
A. Yes. As I have been. Paebel acts as an intermediary and uses a merchant Indor trusts at times so no one wonders where the corpses go.

B. No. I cut things off with Indor.

C. No. I cut things off with Indor AND I give her the Goat Charm back as well as the methampheta-... "endurance powder" she gave me, and the salve which will save a man from a serious cut, with rest.

D. I want to cut off things with Indor, but I don't want to piss her off. I send Paebel to negotiate something.

E. I want to cut off things with Indor, but I don't want to piss her off. I meet with her myself to negotiate, which means a voting cycle on the issue but I will have greater control over any deal struck.

F. I keep selling to Indor with Paebel's help, but I also start selling to more respectable merchants for the sacrafice trade. They will pay less. Indor may be upset, but maybe less than if I just cut her off?

G. F., but I gradually decrease what she gets over a year till I just stop.

H. Tell Tudiya what I did. If I had to guess his reaction(which is never certain) he will probably be REALLY pissed, but probably wont disown me since I came clean. It probably won't end well for Indor or Paebel though.

I. Something else. Fill in.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
7. G + Tell her up front (via Paebel) that we're doing this, don't be sneaky about it

Let's try not to make an enemy of either Tudiya and high society or the kind old magic lady.

Ralith fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Feb 25, 2014

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Ralith posted:

7. G + Tell her up front (via Paebel) that we're doing this, don't be sneaky about it
This.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
Oh sure, the most complicated vote in recent memory and you leave it open for a week!

Teasing. Take your time. I'll update the count later tonight and add in the count of #7, and update the count throughout the week til you post as well.

My vote for 7 is E .

I agree that the deal needs modified - we should meet in secret to negotiate directly. Indor is owed at least that much, that we negotiate in person, after the gifts she gave saved the lives if two Men now.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Ralith posted:

Let's try not to make an enemy of either Tudiya and high society or the kind old magic lady.

Yep

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

Just a reminder that The Survey is still open!

We currently have 47 responses for Round 2 which is fifteen less than last time!

I'll most likely close the survery when Diog updates, so get to it!

Looking forward to MORE RESPONSES!
Click Here for the survey!

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Ralith posted:

Voting this + tell Indor and Puabi we still like them. Sorry witches, I don't to want to get in trouble.

Puabi-chan!

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

7. E

I'm more worried about getting Paebel and Indor killed than anything else since Indor was checked out by the temple.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
7) A

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

7: D

Kyyp
Jan 14, 2007

Voting D
Dangerous for us if we're caught going to see her ourselves, and there are definitely more people watching us than there used to be, since we're extra famous now.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
7. F

Can't know for sure, but it seems like we'd draw less suspicion this way. I expect that the number of monsters we kill will only increase as time goes on, so Indor getting a smaller share doesn't necessarily equate to a meager supply. She seems worldly enough to understand that the king's son must keep up appearances.

I must admit that concerns about getting caught are valid, but if there was a Team gently caress This poo poo, I would be a member: I feel like I should vote responsibly and try to avoid metagaming, but I really wouldn't mind if we had to leave Zepath behind forever. :shobon:

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
F - I want to keep selling to Indor, maybe even start bringing Puabi along on our trips, but there's no reason to only sell to her when we can also sell into the legitimate trade. I'm surprised we haven't been doing both all along.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
F Transition to more reputable merchants.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

My main worry with G, and any of the options that fully cut her off, are the following:

1) Bareen's men kept her supplied prior to Tudiya going hog wild on the ToM. The result of that day (which we are responsible for) has left Indor largely without a supplier.

2) We agreed to fill that void - Indor is aware it must be a secret, because T-Daddy isn't cool with any of it. She's fine with that, and business has been booming for the past six months, we bring in far more than Bareen's men ever did.

3) We are now going to try and explain that we have decided to end the deal - but let's not end on sour terms, eh? All's well that ends well!

4) Indor, again, is largely left without a supplier, may or may not be bitter about it, and all it would take is a little birdy to Tudiya anonymously to gently caress us over royally. Indor would likely be exiled if she did that - but what does she have to lose at that point, with no supplier in Zepath anyways? Who fills that void for her if not Bareen's men or us?

Even if Paebel decides to do it on his own, we cut into Indor's profits significantly by cutting her off.

I'm not saying she strikes me as the vengeful type - but if she did decide to screw us over, she easily could with no real downside to her at that point - or she could blackmail us too. Who knows.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Diog: Who is Paebel selling to?

I echo Task Manager's concerns. My vote for now is I. F, but with Paebel helping to fill the void by selling some of his share to Indor as well, getting the same rates we do. We can then spread out our meaty bits to more legitimate sellers to minimize someone figuring it out.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
7D.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Diog: Who is Paebel selling to?

I echo Task Manager's concerns. My vote for now is I. F, but with Paebel helping to fill the void by selling some of his share to Indor as well, getting the same rates we do. We can then spread out our meaty bits to more legitimate sellers to minimize someone figuring it out.

Paebel sells all the monster bits for you. Some he takes straight to Indor through covert means, such as leaving them beyond the city for a later pickup by her.

Others he sells openly in the market to one specific merchant Indor trusts, so that people see the monster carcasses being sold and don't wonder where they disapear. That merchant trades in offerings, which he buys in Zepath and then sells in other, safer cities for use upon altars.

The share Paebel sells him, he also smuggles to Indor. He is seen taking them out of the city on his donkeys, then sneaks the bits to Indor.

The man is not a native of Zepath and runs a circuit from the interior, out to Zepath and back again. It is substantially easier for him to do this than actually resell them.

He does buy bits from the Mighty Men as well, which he actually transports to other, larger cities for sale. The merchant's name is Avram. He is the same merchant you sold the scorpion's stinger to.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Feb 25, 2014

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Diog: If we were to kill Indor and eat her heart, then sacrifice Puabi on El's altar as a succubus, would Tudiya reward us?

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
7. F. I'm partial to A, but as long as she's getting a decent amount of booty, she ought not to be too upset, if she's at all reasonable. Surely she understands the situation, and it's not like she should even be expecting every scrap we come upon to go entirely to her. We're keeping her supplied, which is exactly what we agreed to do.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Ralith posted:

Voting for this.

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
7A. Granny Weatherwax knows what's up and has the whole time.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

7I - Tell Paeabel to tell Indor the next time he sees her that we do not want her to send us any more gifts.

My reasoning for not wanting to extend our association with the nice old lady indefinitely is
a) it upsets our dad
b) it puts both our best friend Paebal, and the nice old lady at risk. Much greater risk than if someone else provided the monster bits
c) it could ruin everything we've built in Zepath
d) Ishamal probably isn't happy about it, although he can't very well object to lying per se since he lies to everyone all the time

Talk to Chait about a bow The bow was awesome, we should do more bow.

I would vote for club training, but I think that would involve a time skip.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
F. I like selling to Indor but get pab Yo explain it's too risky to sell just to her. She's smart, she'll understand short vs long term security.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

Ralith posted:

Sounds good

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
I wonder if we should change how we distribute the rewards of combat. Maybe dish out monsterbits intead of lumping everything into lbs of silver.

We could take the monsterbits we claim, about 33% or whatever, and let Pepsi[sic] disperse the rest to each man. Let them decide who they sell to and if the risk/reward works for them. Currently we do all the legwork to get their pay liquefied into silver, what a pain in the rear end.

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
7. A

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I wonder if we should change how we distribute the rewards of combat. Maybe dish out monsterbits intead of lumping everything into lbs of silver.

We could take the monsterbits we claim, about 33% or whatever, and let Pepsi[sic] disperse the rest to each man. Let them decide who they sell to and if the risk/reward works for them. Currently we do all the legwork to get their pay liquefied into silver, what a pain in the rear end.

This is a pretty good idea. It'd mean Indor has a bunch of options for who to get monster bits from again, but prevents us, who people are so very conscious of, from being personally at risk. Hard to come up with a way to equitably distribute bits of e.g. a single large monster corpse, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
D Eventually someone will hate us enough to find out about this and use it against us.