Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1975 Toyota Carolla
Apr 18, 2006
qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq
Pillbug
I feel like there was a lot less strategic genius in the main matches in regards to figuring out cool ways to win. However there were a bunch of moments of social genius, such as Sangmin hiding behind the door, or BoxeR throwing games to get gifted the tokens. It's not nearly as enjoyable as the first season, and certainly not what I was expecting, but I'm still sitting here refreshing madly the second monday shows up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cute n Popular
Oct 12, 2012
I doubt the producers would've expected the alliance since for quite a few of those games there could only be 1 or 2 winners meaning no one should've had a strong incentive to form a large alliance since they could've been chosen for death match.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

There's not too much you can do to stop poo poo like Eunkyul choosing who he wanted out before the game even started and deliberately throwing the match to that end :ughh:

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I do agree that this season hasn't had that many moments of extreme genius recently but in all fairness there are so many other incredible things about this show (that no other show can aspire to) that I do feel bad criticising it too harshly, since it is pretty consistently my favourite 80 minutes of the week.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Sangmin totally obliterating everyone at the dice game was by far the most genius game breaking of the season.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference

Rarity posted:

Sangmin totally obliterating everyone at the dice game was by far the most genius game breaking of the season.

You don't understand, this season there was no genius game breaking, only Jinho did that - in season one. I agree with you

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great

Rarity posted:

Especially because of how the episode was edited, it initally made Jinho out to be the genius...then showed Sangmin discovered the trick an hour before him. This season, Sangmin is dominating because he's leagues above the competition. If he doesn't win, it'll be an injustice.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Rarity posted:

Nah man he's only good at the social game. All he does is get carried.

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx

RJWaters2 posted:

Especially because of how the episode was edited, it initally made Jinho out to be the genius...then showed Sangmin discovered the trick an hour before him. This season, Sangmin is dominating because he's leagues above the competition. If he doesn't win, it'll be an injustice.

Alternative theory: Jinho was shown to be gradually working on the problem, you know, actually figuring it out, while Sangmin snapped his fingers and was granted divine inspiration at the beginning of the game, to go along with the divine protection he's enjoyed since episode one.

Maybe he's done something since to earn y'alls respect but up to the point I stopped watching he's only "leagues above the competition" in the sense that he's barely needed to loving participate in it.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
You're right, Sangmin isn't badass. He is magic.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
As soon as the magnets in the dice were mentioned I figured out what the trick was going to be, so I guess I am a wizard too?

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx

mr.capps posted:

As soon as the magnets in the dice were mentioned I figured out what the trick was going to be, so I guess I am a wizard too?

I think it just means you grind more weed than any of the contestants.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

I'm not sure if this is some kind of long troll or just :tinfoil: to the max, but you're right, they clearly wanted Sangmin back so they could spoonfeed him the victory for every episode. Despite him proving himself capable in season 1. :psyduck: Jinho nuthuggers are the worst.

Edit: Also if there was a story they were trying to set up it would have been Jinho vs Yohwan. I just can't figure out what it takes to reach the conclusion of producers carrying Sangmin to the finals.

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Feb 23, 2014

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
Yeah, let's start with the insults over a TV show. Go outside.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

I think one thing that could be done is to stop getting contestants who's genius skill is "being charasmatic" etc (clearly code for "this person is famous and so we'll have them as a contestant even though they aren't particularly clever"). Surely the show is popular enough by now that it can get good ratings with only genuinely smart celebrities (and incredibly smart non-celebrities) and we don't need half the cast to be generic broadcasters.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

The Jinho/Doohee/Sangmin/Gura talkshow has been subbed: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1d0mh9

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Feb 23, 2014

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Tonfa posted:

The Jinho/Doohee/Sangmin/Gura talkshow has been subbed: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1d0mh9

Woah, Doohee's really had it pretty rough.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Shakugan posted:

He seriously has the saddest eyes. I feel so bad for that dude.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Shakugan posted:

The whole "You must have done something wrong too" angle got really uncomfortable for a moment there. Is that just A Thing in Korean culture? 'cause drat. Another thing that was a bit surprising was how severely they take the internet backlash. I don't even want to imagine what kind of harassment Yooyoung must have gotten.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
I'm still holding out for a Jinho win this season.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference

Tonfa posted:

Sangmin drives a sex van. Amazing. The best part is that when the taxi came to pick him up, he wasn't at a internet cafe, not at a restaurant, coffee shop, bar or nightclub. He was hanging out in his van.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Nah man he's only good at the social game. All he does is get carried.

FWIW, I think he's fine at the regular playing of games. There were a lot of awful players this season and Sangmin wasn't one of them. But the dice game was a bit of luck to get the information first (well, the kind of luck that you have to be somewhat competent to have, at least) and then completely manipulating the rest of the players beautifully. Once he had the information he played the game by his strengths, the social aspects. Saying that Sangmin is better at playing the people than he is at the games isn't selling him short; he's amazingly good at playing the people. At least as good as Jinho was at playing the games. In these games that's just as important as incorporating new rule sets.

never seen again
Jan 25, 2008
Maybe I'm just a fan from SC but I'm really pulling for Yowhan. In main matches he at least tried for either wins or non-last place losses but he had a tough time getting people to play with his strategies because his social game was lacking (no surprise given his 1v1 gaming background).

Sangmin will take the game that relies on eliminated contestants for help but Yowhan will take the other two more strategy-heavy games.

And like him or not, he did make it to the final even though he didn't have any strong social alliances to rely on. It was a successful (but not entertaining) strategy that worked and there's a good chance he'll win in a heads up duel.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Apparently Jinho has joined SNL Korea!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdjNEuYbvnc

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
lol at Yohwan playing the evil guy

It was so cheesy I couldn't help but laugh.

Symbolic Butt fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Feb 24, 2014

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Symbolic Butt posted:

lol at Yohwan playing the evil guy

It was so cheesy I couldn't help but laugh.

Yeah, I absolutely lost it at that too.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
When does it normally get updated? Nowish?

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Probably another 10-12 hours minimum is my guess. Usually she tweets roughly how long until the next one is up a few hours beforehand, or if it'll be late.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://twitter.com/Bumdidlyump/status/438621667066007552

She just tweeted 8 hours ago that the final episode would be up in 8 hours.

I am :f5:ing like loving mad right now.

Lacerda
Apr 20, 2004

Life hurts sometimes:

https://twitter.com/Bumdidlyump/status/438762220705415168

quote:

Upload failed at 99%. Will be up in about 4 hours

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

She needs to stop using DailyMotion anyway, since it's so terrible (particularly in how it doesn't really buffer much, and constantly changes quality even if you manually set it to something instead of auto, and so what little is buffered is often lost when the quality changes). Very painful with a variable speed connection (i.e. college students who share an internet connection with everyone in their building that changes speed dramatically as people get on and off the network).

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

:negative:

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Shakugan posted:

She needs to stop using DailyMotion anyway, since it's so terrible (particularly in how it doesn't really buffer much, and constantly changes quality even if you manually set it to something instead of auto, and so what little is buffered is often lost when the quality changes). Very painful with a variable speed connection (i.e. college students who share an internet connection with everyone in their building that changes speed dramatically as people get on and off the network).

I always use a program to download the 720p version off of the Dailymotion links she puts up, which solves all these issues.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Shakugan posted:

Well it kept getting pulled from YouTube.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
I think she does that in case the producers of the Genius decide they can't stand the episodes being available with subs and get a takedown on youtube.

edit- beaten like Jinho in a starcraft final

Zythrst fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Feb 26, 2014

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Genius finale at the same day as survivor starts. At least I have something to look forward to each week.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Well it kept getting pulled from YouTube.

Yes, but there are MANY alternatives to YouTube and DailyMotion that don't have the same problems. 180upload, movreel, filenuke,played.to, allmyvideos, etc etc.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Has not been tweeted yet but I just checked the Tumblr and Ep 12 is up!

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

YES! I was really rooting for Sangmin!

I definitely thought that was a far better final match than last season. Fun and tense right up to the end. Tho I did predict that while Yohwan knew the numbers for the second game he didn't have enough to make them the right order

I think I'd like to see Hweejong back for Season 2, It'd be interesting to see him around for more than one game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
Good finals, the only thing I missed was I was hoping that there would be a scene at the end of an envelope arriving to Bisu or somebody.