Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

FuriousGeorge posted:

Great premiere, but I'm slightly disappointed by the lack of a sequence set to a cool 80's tune. :colbert:

Third episode of the season is supposed to have a baller totally rad montage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

DarklyDreaming posted:

What the hell is that thing and was it seriously a popular office item before computers?

Pretty sure it's just an old school mail robot. The newer delivery robots are way cooler now. You can usually see a few rolling around hospitals.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Watched pretty quick - what happened to that other couple? They were murdered by... who?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

Catching the rebroadcast, unfortunately caught the last 6 minutes of the episode so that was uh.. weird.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Keri Russell, breakfast bacon.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Watched pretty quick - what happened to that other couple? They were murdered by... who?

We don't know. That's presumably one of the longer plots of the season

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

AAA DOLFAN posted:

The guy did mention possibly having to take out a surveillance detail. Guess he got taken out first. A bit sad really, I was hoping Phillip would have a bro undercover spy to hang out with.
It was pretty shocking to walk in the room and see them too, I feel bad for that son :bummed:

I wasn't expecting Mad Max to be mentioned, overall a very good episode, I could tell the budget went up this season when they had a helicopter tracking shot at the start of the episode.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I'm guessing the next few episodes will be spent figuring that out.

Great intense opening.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Great opening for the season, can't wait to see where we go from here.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Anyone have a link to a promo for the next episode?

*Should have just edited my last post, sorry.

wukkar
Nov 27, 2009
I'd rather learn that my parents were deep cover soviet spies than witness them 69ing, poor Paige.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

wukkar posted:

I'd rather learn that my parents were deep cover soviet spies than witness them 69ing, poor Paige.
Does she even know what 69ing is?

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
Paige is starting to piss me off. I wish her story line would go away soon.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Great opening, really glad this show is (finally) back.

Josh Lyman posted:

She does now!

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Josh Lyman posted:

Phillip tried to talk to her about sex but she already knew. It was when that creepy skinhead was hitting on her at the mall and Phillip later went to his house and stabbed him in the genitals with a bbq skewer.

Probably didn't know that position though, either way, she's going to be put off eating breakfast with the family for a little while.

Hughmoris posted:

Anyone have a link to a promo for the next episode?

*Should have just edited my last post, sorry.

I don't see one on FX or The Americans youtube accounts yet, did one air after the episode?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Wow that was kinda sad the other spy family/couple got off'd like that :smith: I was starting to like them, and I was hoping they'd pop in and out throughout the season to help them on ops and stuff. But I guess since they said they wanted to see their kids and it really was mostly "in passing" I guess it was going to turn out that way.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Hand of the King posted:

No way man, Paige has some of the funniest scenes on the show.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
God, after watching S1 again this was definitely the show that I was most excited for. Definitely hit the ground running with the first episode.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Hand of the King posted:

She's no Kiernan Shipka but she (or neither the kid that play Henry) are as annoying as 90% of other child actors.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Note to self; never ever bank on being able to watch the later airing of this show. Had to juggle around my DVR priorities a bit, and it turns out that the broadcast had fifteen minutes of the finale rerun eating into the beginning and stopped recording long before the episode itself actually finished...
:negative:

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."
Good episode. Could have done with a little less man rear end, but good episode.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Generic American posted:

Note to self; never ever bank on being able to watch the later airing of this show. Had to juggle around my DVR priorities a bit, and it turns out that the broadcast had fifteen minutes of the finale rerun eating into the beginning and stopped recording long before the episode itself actually finished...
:negative:

Same thing. I just had to :filez: it to catch the missing part instead of waiting for OnDemand where I'd have to watch everything from the beginning with no way to fast forward. FX jams too many commercials into their airing blocks and it really fucks over anyone planning on watching later airings. The only workaround is to schedule the later airing in addition to whatever else comes on afterwards.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Sober posted:

She's no Kiernan Shipka but she (or neither the kid that play Henry) are as annoying as 90% of other child actors.

They're both believable for their ages. Paige isn't *quite* Dana Brody yet, but hopefully her parents figuring out she checks up on them means that plot veers away from that level of silliness before it even gets there.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mo0 posted:

They're both believable for their ages. Paige isn't *quite* Dana Brody yet, but hopefully her parents figuring out she checks up on them means that plot veers away from that level of silliness before it even gets there.

As long as her plotline doesn't turn into Dana Brody levels of bad and time given it'll be ok.

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

Wait...I had something for this...
I Missed this! Hit the ground running. Didn't realise it was coming back need to re watch season 1 I couldn't recall anything! Oh yea she got shot!

Nice highlights
• Deer in the headlights
• Revenge of the wig
• Mum & Dad 69
• Watching the same movie twice
• Kid finding the rest of his family like that
• Mad Max
• Bacon eating

Also so is that mail delivery robot actually a thing? It just felt hilarious lame and fitted into the episode perfectly while making me do a double take!

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Josh Lyman posted:

Keri Russell, breakfast bacon.

Sausage would have been too crude. As for Philip, it's too bad breakfast tacos weren't a thing yet in 1982.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Sausage would have been too crude. As for Philip, it's too bad breakfast tacos weren't a thing yet in 1982.

Bagels, though.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I love how they dealt with the only awful thing about season 1, which was the relationship drama, all in the first five minutes or so.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Welp, they certainly did a good job of reinforcing this season being about family rather than husband and wife.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
That episode ruled, and I'm so happy to have the show back. I didn't have nearly as many problems with the first season as others did, and for me the show continues to be its same usual awesomeness.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Hand of the King posted:

Bad news on that front.

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

Did anyone notice Elizabeth's mustard bottle? If not, you should go back and look.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Great ep, but confused about something that i'm probably over analyzing.

I thought when we last left the series Beeman and the FBI had figured out that they were probably after a man and woman couple. But when we pick back up with Stan and the FBI we see the sketches of Phillip and Elizabeth - and one of someone else who looks a lot like Henry.

Did they somehow realize that the couple might have kids, and am I just misremembering last year's finale?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Narcissus1916 posted:

Great ep, but confused about something that i'm probably over analyzing.

I thought when we last left the series Beeman and the FBI had figured out that they were probably after a man and woman couple. But when we pick back up with Stan and the FBI we see the sketches of Phillip and Elizabeth - and one of someone else who looks a lot like Henry.

Did they somehow realize that the couple might have kids, and am I just misremembering last year's finale?

That was probably the KGB agent that got shanked in the "Tusk" sequence.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Good lord what a start to the season.

I assume when Philip said "do you want the other half of the list?" he was basically saying that the other KGB couple may have been killed by Mags Bennett (pursuant to the earlier "She's still in the country? Oh poo poo" moment), perhaps even specifically as a warning to them?

Also, that was a lot of nudity for basic cable.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

precision posted:

Good lord what a start to the season.

I assume when Philip said "do you want the other half of the list?" he was basically saying that the other KGB couple may have been killed by Mags Bennett (pursuant to the earlier "She's still in the country? Oh poo poo" moment), perhaps even specifically as a warning to them?

Also, that was a lot of nudity for basic cable.

I think I remember from the somewhat revealing teasers that part of the plot this season may be that the KGB decides their naturalized spies are more trouble than they're worth (especially since the main patron of the program, Zhukov, is dead) and start eliminating them themselves because of the FBI's renewed interest in Directorate S. Easier to crash the program and start fresh with newer personnel than continue to support potentially compromised agents (or ones who are 'too comfortable' in their cover). Claudia might be behind that recommendation, which would give Elizabeth the impetus to kill her and end her story arc.

And yeah, that was almost soft-core levels. I can only imagine the casting ad for the hooker riding cowgirl - "actress must be attractive but have small enough breasts to be completely obscured by moderate-sized hands - light touching and moderate levels of nudity also involved."

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Feb 28, 2014

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

And yeah, that was almost soft-core levels. I can only imagine the casting ad for the hooker riding cowgirl - "actress must be attractive but have small enough breasts to be completely obscured by moderate-sized hands - light touching also involved."

But...that was Keri Russell.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

ShakeZula posted:

But...that was Keri Russell.

I'm talking about the opening honeytrap scene with the Lockheed employee.

You actually got to see more of Matthew Rhys in the later scene.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Yeah that was her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Ugh. Now it makes sense. I didn't pay attention to the other "Air Force Security" agent at first since he was in the background. It was Keri and the other guy's wife playing the hookers. I just assumed the hookers were extras or assets that'd been paid off. Guess that teaches me not to have one eye on my tablet and the other on the television.

I stand corrected.

• Locked thread