Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
Well, maybe not the "tried to unionize the dishwashers" part. I can easily accept "hates the clientele."

I really liked the scene where Lestrade admitted his real situation to Sherlock and you come to understand that Lestrade himself had become a version of a prostitute. I love the way this show takes characters from the Conan Doyle canon and stretches them by putting them in situations far different from those in the stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Pastrymancy posted:

I kinda liked the chicken metaphor during this episode. Took a while to click, but it worked :unsmith:

I enjoyed it also! The two fighting cocks were getting along by the end of the episode. :3: It was like the hole in the skull metaphor a few episodes ago. Really liked the episode, it was a lot of fun.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
One of the things I love most about Elementary is their consistent writing of fully realized people as their characters. You can see the waiter and Miss Truepenny being the protagonists of their own stories within the larger episode. I kind of felt bad for Miss Truepenny, especially after she was on the receiving end of Joan's "I don't do coconut water" death stare.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I just got around to watching this episode and I'm confused. Why hasn't the thread title been changed to 'Do you have an aversion to cocks?' yet?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Pastrymancy posted:

I kinda liked the chicken metaphor during this episode. Took a while to click, but it worked :unsmith:

Don't you mean it took a while to cluck?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Blind Pineapple posted:

I'm glad we got another Lestrade episode, since I really like this show's take on the character.

If he's living with Sherlock we might well get another one. "Waiting for a check to clear" is a vaguely ambiguous timeline.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

When Lestrade was chugging brandy and starting to explain the situation, I thought he was going to admit that he had slept with the CEO in exchange for his job, but I suppose being a pimp is a lot shittier than boning your boss.

I hope we get to see more of Remus and Romulus, as well as more cock jokes.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

CuwiKhons posted:

When Lestrade was chugging brandy and starting to explain the situation, I thought he was going to admit that he had slept with the CEO in exchange for his job
I actually got that sense as well.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I didn't think they'd go there with LeStrade, but I liked that they effectively went somewhere even more shameful. Instead of just sleeping with the CEO, he helps drag other people into the guy's bed. He goes from famous, GREG-chatting detective to amateur corporate pimp.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

johntfs posted:

I didn't think they'd go there with LeStrade, but I liked that they effectively went somewhere even more shameful. Instead of just sleeping with the CEO, he helps drag other people into the guy's bed. He goes from famous, GREG-chatting detective to amateur corporate pimp.

I was left with the impression they were writing this part directly and kinda indirectly implying the other thing happened too. :gonk:

Lestrade's a jerk but I hope he gets his life sorted out with some wacky housemates-and-animals adventures. :3:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
There's an episode tonight, right? I hope Lestrade's in that one too, so he gets something happier on-screen than the last affair. It'd sit a lot better than it being shunted to off-screen antics between episodes at least.

Also I just want to see more Lestrade. Making him a gloryhound was really clever, and it works so, so well.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

:siren:New Episode Tonight:siren:

Ears to You
(guest star spoiler but it's probably who you're hoping it is) Holmes and Watson consult on a case in which a man suspected of murdering his wife years ago receives a ransom demand for her safe return. Meanwhile, Lestrade overstays his welcome at the brownstone and seems unwilling to leave.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Just have Lestrade permanently join the cast already, jeez.

Ahaha, more cock jokes.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Those sure are some ears

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

Ahaha, more cock jokes.

Romulus and Remus > Clyde :colbert:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
The brownstone will slowly, but surely turn into a petting zoo.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

You're dead to me.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Well that's an impressive trick. Regenerating ears! :haw:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Regy Rusty posted:

Well that's an impressive trick. Regenerating ears! :haw:

So... twins? Or the hair on the brush in 2010 was planted?

Edit: Oh god did she collect the ransom of herself?

Edit: Well I was right about the hair not being hers

pik_d fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Mar 7, 2014

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hoooooly poo poo my joke turned out to be actually almost exactly correct. :psyduck:

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Science! :science:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAH HAHA OH MY GOD this episode

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

She had ears on her loving back

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I actually guessed this one ahead of time. Famous mouse in biology.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I figured the ears were hers, albeit left over from her plastic surgery.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

When was the last time we saw clyde? Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of cocks, but I still miss clyde.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

:getout:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Pick posted:

Yeah that mouse ruined this episode. drat it science, stop making my TV less interesting. :mad:

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
I figured the ears were going to be genetically engineered in some fashion, but that visual was still creepy as gently caress.

Lestrade was great again this week showing a wide range of emotions. Lestrade and Watson really played well off each other. Given how little chemistry Joan and Mycroft showed together, I think it would've been a lot funnier for Lestrade to be the ghost from Sherlock's past that she hooked up with.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Pick posted:

Same thing here. We were joking about it while watching it then all of a sudden EARS ON THE BACK!

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

The ears on the back were so :gonk:!

If I petition Deadpool for a new title, what should it be? I'm assuming a cock joke, but which one?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

The Lord Bude posted:

I just got around to watching this episode and I'm confused. Why hasn't the thread title been changed to 'Do you have an aversion to cocks?' yet?

This one

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

My husband likes to turn procedurals into a sort of game where we try to solve them. He is very thoughtful about it, while I pull things out of thin air because I think it's funny. He was really mad that my "she pulled a lebowski but with ear rats" theory turned out to be essentially correct. :haw:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I initially thought that it would've been better if it turned out that Joan actually framed Sherlock as helping Lestrade in order to give him the ego boost, but I kind of like that part of it was just dumb luck. Still, really neat take on the character and I hope he keeps turning up in later episodes/seasons.

Really liked the episode overall, although the fact that the missing lady's plastic surgeon husband wasn't immediately a huge suspect or looked into when she turned up was kind of goofy. My immediate reaction when they said that she's married to a plastic surgeon was "Oh well that dude's obviously involved with the ears", but then they just kinda forgot about him until the end. Still a pretty neat twist though.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Thank you to Deadpool for the new title. :3:

It'll have to do until there is a good tortoise quote. :colbert:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The ear growth thing was about as gross as something on Hannibal.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

hollylolly posted:

Thank you to Deadpool for the new title. :3:

It'll have to do until there is a good tortoise quote. :colbert:

Yay! I like the cocks. But poor clyde should be considering Union action. I hope nothing happened to him - I have no idea how long those turtles live for, maybe he was actually grandpa clyde.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

The Lord Bude posted:

Yay! I like the cocks. But poor clyde should be considering Union action. I hope nothing happened to him - I have no idea how long those turtles live for, maybe he was actually grandpa clyde.

I don't know what species Clyde is, but turtles can usually live really really long lives. Like average 50+ years to over 100, for a common eastern box turtle.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Regarding Clyde...

https://twitter.com/JeffreyPaulKing/status/443071419501383681

I think he's in good hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

After all my channels got changed (guessing due to TCW being bought by Comcast?) I noticed that the next Elementary is on Sunday night due to the NCAA Tournament in the listings. Stuff online still says 3/13 air date, are some people still getting it on Thursday?

• Locked thread