Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Excels posted:

There are a bunch of comments on that article with people praising this as a "Next-gen exclusive" so it can be made "from the ground up" -- does PS4 really look that much better than pushing the limits of PS3? I don't see many titles that "take advantage" of the 'advanced graphics' on Xbone or PS4.
Absolutely. Games like Knack and Killzone are huge leaps over anything on the previous generation.

AC4 is a bad example because the PS4/xbone/PC versions are clearly using a lot of assets made for the PS3 and 360.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I was pretty impresesd with AC4, for what it's worth. I didn't see it on last-gen systems, but if it looked anywhere near that good it would have certainly chugged at 15 fps. Those machines couldn't even handle AC3 properly.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Sindai posted:

Absolutely. Games like Knack and Killzone are huge leaps over anything on the previous generation.

AC4 is a bad example because the PS4/xbone/PC versions are clearly using a lot of assets made for the previous generation.

I've played Knack and I thought it looked like complete poo poo. For reference, MGS4 came out when PS3 was still new and it looks way better than Knack.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

AC4 on PS4 is kind of funny because the smoke effects from firing your cannons are so heavy you can't see after a couple of shots.

In the previous gen versions it's just sad little wisps.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Excels posted:

I've played Knack and I thought it looked like complete poo poo. For reference, MGS4 came out when PS3 was still new and it looks way better than Knack.

They are the two least visually comparable games in the history of games.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

The trailer says that the Harley DLC won't be available on all platforms...but Game.co.uk's page (which you can see if you look on their mobile site) claims it'll be on PS4, One, and PC via the box art....so..what?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

"I'm sad I'll never get to see the man you'll become".

Thomas Wayne must have been one morbid dude.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Its not particularly uncommon to re-write your will especially among the upper crust. Thomas probably had the will changed when Bruce was born to include him and wrote it under the expectation that that version would only be read if he died while Bruce was young.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Thomas was prepared. He had 9 wills, each for special occasions.

Shot when Bruce is young
Shot when Bruce is old
Killed by wife to protect the undertaking
etc.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Aphrodite posted:

Shot when Bruce is young
Shot when Bruce is old
etc.

Barrowman! :argh:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Shot when Bruce is young
Shot when Bruce is old
etc.

"[Son's Name], I'm sorry you had to see me, [The Undersigned], die at the hands of a dimension-hopping ape general from a parallel universe where the Tiger Empire has encroached their boarders and free humans no longer exist."

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

If we're meant to take the CGI trailer as slyly showing off new features, does this mean we'll finally have environmental takedowns like Batman bashing the guy into the car?

That's one of the additions I've been clamouring for, especially given how fun it made Sleeping Dogs.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Barudak posted:

"[Son's Name], I'm sorry you had to see me, [The Undersigned], die at the hands of a dimension-hopping ape general from a parallel universe where the Tiger Empire has encroached their boarders and free humans no longer exist."

Thomas Wayne died today when he was eaten by wolves...he was delicious.

Comfortador fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Mar 4, 2014

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I generally felt awful for some of the goons after environment takedowns in Sleeping Dogs, I can only assume Batman realized he wasn't being a big enough rear end in a top hat until he saw it happen there.

Robot_Rumpus
Apr 4, 2004

Barudak posted:

The funny part is that I could totally believe that happened in the comics. Or as people who buy a lot of them seem to refer to them as, 'books'.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Azubah posted:

I generally felt awful for some of the goons after environment takedowns in Sleeping Dogs, I can only assume Batman realized he wasn't being a big enough rear end in a top hat until he saw it happen there.

I'd believe in Batman just locking himself up for 24 hours playing Sleeping Dogs and watching a bunch of perfect score videos from youtube at the same time to up his skills in beating up people.

Or maybe just chilling while playing and going "This guy loving gets it. Man, I gotta do the Matches Malone gig again sometime"

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Actually the idea of Batman in full cape and cowl, playing video games really aggressively is kind of hilarious to me. I wonder if superheroes do research on how to be badass and heroic, by playing games or reading comics from their own universe.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Barudak posted:

Didn't this happen in a Spider-Man book?

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Well the point of the will is just in case you die so it's not outlandish to frame your letter to whomever gets your estate in that context.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Cross posted from the PS4 thread:

poo poo from Game Informer Batman Preview:

NO MULTIPLAYER
3 Islands, 5 times the area of Gotham City
Streets wider for the Batmobile, which is an integrated part of the game (like gliding or the grapple)
Buildings generally taller, too
Better hang time, longer glides
Game set one year after Arkham City
Joker's death has shifted the balance of power (he's still dead)
Batman starts with his Arkham City suit but quickly gets into a more armor-plated, higher-ability suit
Gotham has been evacuated and only criminals remain
Kevin Conroy remains as Batman, all the other villains are still voices by their respective actors
50 dudes on screen at once
Individual raindrops run down Batman's cape and suit
Line launcher can be fired in mid-air to create a line between two buildings and instant perch point
All quickfire gadgets can be used during flight, in fact
Batman now uses weapons that he gets from counters, can beat thugs with a baseball bat until it breaks on their faces
A new throw counter that counters and throws a thug into another thug
Batman can summon the Batmobile and it drives to him remotely
Batmobile shoots EMP missiles that immobilize targets without harming occupants
Batman can eject from the Batmobile at full speed into a glide
"Arkham Knight" is actually the name of Batman's main rival in the game
Riddler challenges now include deadly races
Oracle exists in-game and can be visited
Batman can now chain stealth takedowns together, up to 3 times. So pop out of a grate and bam-bam-bam get three thugs
No loading screens

Sounds pretty good but it's Game Informer.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Batman now uses weapons that he gets from counters, can beat thugs with a baseball bat until it breaks on their faces

So much for that no-kill run, Batman.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Excels posted:

So much for that no-kill run, Batman.

They're whiffle bats.

That or they grow em big in Gotham.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Arkham Knight is Batman's rival? He is so going to turn out to be the Joker somehow and he better act like Gary from Pokemon. I want to see a corner spraypanted as "Arkham Knight was here, Batman's a loser"

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

What about knives? Batman gunna be able to cut a bitch?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Not thrilled at all about mandatory vehicle segments. Going in with the expectation they're going to be the most dragging-down part of the game so here is hoping I'm wrong.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
Put a gatling gun on the bat-mobile.

Rubber bullets. Honest.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Not thrilled at all about mandatory vehicle segments. Going in with the expectation they're going to be the most dragging-down part of the game so here is hoping I'm wrong.

I've already abandoned the hope of getting all Riddler trophies because nothing like racing in an open world action game.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
While a little tired of the series, at least this new one does sound a lot better then Origin, which I need to finish someday. Wondering if the "Arkham Knight" is Azrael, since his sidequest hints at something more.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I kinda wish that some sections of the city have criminals acting like regular citizens you just run over GTA style. Like a lady Penguin faction grunt and a dude Two Face faction goon just holding hands and bam you run them over on the batmobile. Obviously with rubber wheels that don't kill them and puts handcuffs on them.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

I'm hoping for an "I'm Batman" button. I swear they said City would have have one where he's just say "I'm Batman." Imagine taking out 5 thugs with on terrified line survivor, sneaking behind him and, inches away, you let out a quiet but pants-shittingly frightful menacing whisper growl of "I'm Batman."

Or just after decimating 20+ thugs in combat. :haw:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I kinda wish that some sections of the city have criminals acting like regular citizens you just run over GTA style. Like a lady Penguin faction grunt and a dude Two Face faction goon just holding hands and bam you run them over on the batmobile. Obviously with rubber wheels that don't kill them and puts handcuffs on them.

you can run them over and but you have to manually get out, walk over and handcuff them. also you have to push triangle to read their miranda rights or you get a game over.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
Might have missed it, are there going to be civilians now?

It was kind of ridiculous they weren't around at all in Origins, and it shouldnt be that hard since Arkham City sorta did that with the few political prisoners around that you couldnt fight and just hung around huddled like homeless dudes but also giving funny reactions whenever batman just walks on by.

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

Barudak posted:

I've already abandoned the hope of getting all Riddler trophies because nothing like racing in an open world action game.

I'll do it for the Bat, man. :shepicide:

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
It was bound to happen eventually but it's still disappointing to see that there's no Wii U version. At least the PC version won't be bound to Games For Windows Live.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Might have missed it, are there going to be civilians now?

It was kind of ridiculous they weren't around at all in Origins, and it shouldnt be that hard since Arkham City sorta did that with the few political prisoners around that you couldnt fight and just hung around huddled like homeless dudes but also giving funny reactions whenever batman just walks on by.

The entire city has been evacuated.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Chaltab posted:

It was bound to happen eventually but it's still disappointing to see that there's no Wii U version. At least the PC version won't be bound to Games For Windows Live.

Doesn't surprise me since 360 and PS3 are also getting no version as well. That's alright, the PC version of the Arkham games are great, especially after they patched out GFWL on Aslyum and City.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

The entire city has been evacuated.

AWW gently caress

HenessyHero
Mar 4, 2008

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Batman can now chain stealth takedowns together, up to 3 times. So pop out of a grate and bam-bam-bam get three thugs

Sounds like a fancy way of saying Bats has a three-man takedown now as I could already muffle three lined-up thugs in less than 6 seconds. Either that or the instant you KO one guy you can now just tap triangle again to leap at someone in range if their back is turned.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Chaltab posted:

I recently saw an announcement about Watch Dogs where they grouped the PC, PS3, Wii U and 360 box covers together and then slapped some text at the bottom saying "Also coming for next-gen consoles!"

I thought it was kind of funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

AWW gently caress

This is part of why I didn't want the Batmobile, yes. :smith:

HenessyHero posted:

Sounds like a fancy way of saying Bats has a three-man takedown now as I could already muffle three lined-up thugs in less than 6 seconds. Either that or the instant you KO one guy you can now just tap triangle again to leap at someone in range if their back is turned.

I expect it is more like Far Cry and you can chain them together very quickly if the enemy is close enough, probably with upgrades to make it easier.

• Locked thread