Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Tigers or Dragons for the spoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

bowmore posted:

Tigers or Dragons for the spoon

Hey hey hey, I'm sure Parramatta will put in their usual effort to win it.

Also, 1 day after the launch? Amateurs. Professionals manage to create a scandal at the event, at the latest.

e: Round 1 shapes as the decider for the spoon (tigers/dragons). Should be fun :suicide:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think Parra are specials for 3rd last

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I think Parra finish above Dragons/Broncos/Raiders.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Raiders I'm not so sure, they are pretty good in the raw talent stakes.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Mills posted:

I think Parra finish above Dragons/Broncos/Raiders.

Mate, souths have choked two seasons in a row with a great 2nd and 1st row and now your team is falling apart with transfers and ageing. At least you got to sniff greatness in your lifetime, and you can tell your grand kids how good those vapours smelled.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
I know he's only there because of injury but "Ben Roberts, starting halfback for the Melbourne Storm" looks a bit wrong.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

BCR posted:

Mate, souths have choked two seasons in a row with a great 2nd and 1st row and now your team is falling apart with transfers and ageing. At least you got to sniff greatness in your lifetime, and you can tell your grand kids how good those vapours smelled.

Team looks pretty good this year as well to me. Think you're on the vapours!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Red_Museum posted:

I know he's only there because of injury but "Ben Roberts, starting halfback for the Melbourne Storm" looks a bit wrong.
Especially since he only seems to play decent as a centre. I did see photos of him at pre season training though and he is ripped.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Dobson? DOBSON?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mills posted:

Dobson? DOBSON?
yes?

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
We've got Dobson here!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yes I am actually Micheal Dobson irl

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I even have a DVD made about my *~career~* thus far

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

fuckpot posted:

We've got Dobson here!

Clever girl.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
Can't wait until we go 0-5 and Griffin gets the arse.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

26-1 for least wins.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think the Broncs will go better than last year but still miss the 8.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

bowmore posted:

I think the Broncs will go better than last year but still miss the 8.

I think last year will look good by comparison. Only Anthony loving Griffin could look at the result of playing captain Sam Thaiday in the front row and then think "gently caress yeah I'll play captain Corey Parker in the front row!" Next year we'll end up with captain Ben Barba playing prop and it will turn out equally poorly.

E: maybe us broncos fans can pool resources with tigers supporters on bulk alcohol and/or antidepressants.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
CP plays a prop like role on the Queensland Origin team doesn't he?

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Super League News: Ireland international (lol) Sean Gleeson, centre for Hull KR, could lose an eye after a fight in a Wigan nightclub.

It's also been reported that the brother of Dr Marwan Koukash (owner of Salford Red Devils) might be trying to buy the Bradford Bulls. DrMarwanK has denied it, via twitter, but totalrl.com reckon their source is highly placed to know the details and are convinced the story is true. We'll see. I have a passionate dislike of all things Bratfud but I wouldn't want to see them go out of business, so hopefully there is some merit to this story.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

ili posted:

E: maybe us broncos fans can pool resources with tigers supporters on bulk alcohol and/or antidepressants.
I'm moving to Queensland later this year (oh the horrors) so gently caress off Brisbane local area people those antidepressants and scotch bottles are mine. As a long distance tigers fan I'm going to loving need them.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

bowmore posted:

CP plays a prop like role on the Queensland Origin team doesn't he?

Not really, no. But Ben Hannant plays an actual prop role on the origin team, but for some reason Griffin has decided to start Hannant on the bench and play our lock as a starting prop. Maybe he's trying to get fired so he can get a sweet gig coaching the Eels or Dragons or some other shitball team where the fans already have low expectations?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
CP will play 80 anyway, doesn't matter that he's named as prop.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

The Broncos have lost their way for a while now, and we haven't made the changes necessary to be a ruthless death machine.

I'm expecting a laughable run this year with players out of position.

Origin is about the only thing I'm happy about this year.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Also I need links to watch rugby league online. I can stream triple m and the abc etc but would like images to hurl things at.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
While :filez: are hardly the most egregious offense committed by rugby league fans (let alone the players) I'm not sure it's something we can share here...

Danoss
Mar 8, 2011

There is an easy solution that I've been using since I no longer have access to Fox Sports, nor am I willing to pay whatever ridiculous price it is just to watch the footy.

I'd love to share it, but the penalty isn't worth it. Sorry.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The mobile app is pretty reasonable price wise

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ro...s-1226845215816

quote:

WESTS Tigers stars Robbie Farah, Aaron Woods and Pat Richards have been quarantined from teammates after contracting boils.

. . . okay then

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

BCR posted:

Also I need links to watch rugby league online. I can stream triple m and the abc etc but would like images to hurl things at.

As I posted earlier:

If your feeling dirty, I'm between places and am using Foxtel Play (The IPTV service) for my sports fix (And secret Bargain Hunt Fetish), and it's not too bad and beats a shity stream hands down. If your stuck with Telstra for a landline provider, it's quota free.For $50 bucks a month it can delvier all your League and other pay-tv sporting needs without a contract, and no sign up fee.

Alternatively if you have a really good mate or relly with Foxtel, grab their online log in and use Foxtel Go for nix. It's free for up to three devices, but cant be used on Samsung TV's. Up until the move I was doing this for my mate in the Gong, and i'm up here on the central coast, and there was no drama llama. When I complete the move, i'll give a log in to my inlaws as thanks for putting up with me. 

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm glad I'm not the only one with a not so secret bargain hunt fetish.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

bowmore posted:

CP will play 80 anyway, doesn't matter that he's named as prop.

Yes and no. He'll play 80 but we'll be effectively missing one prop and play with one front rower three second rowers and a lock. Brisbane have had issues with front rowers not making enough ground the last couple of years and this isn't going to help the situation.

E: BCR you can buy a subscription through the NRL app to watch all games live. If you have an android device you can plug in a micro usb to hdmi converter and display it on your tv in glorious high def.

ili fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Mar 5, 2014

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Oh I don't really care about that, just how how it relates to fantasy!

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

It happens.

The Raiders got a couple of outbreak of them. Josh Dugan was sidelined twice with boils and both Joe Picker and Jarred Kennedy missed games with boils. They can be more dangerous than one would think when they hear the term boil. Staph infection is a serious thing.

They are pretty common in combat sports like wrestling. I just assumed its with all the extra wrestling training players do now days that dirty wrestling mats and the like lead to these types of infections.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

The gods really do hate our team. I expect a plague of frogs to hit Concord any day now.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
I feel like it's pretty telling of the level of give a gently caress that most experts and pundits put into their research when I hear so many of them saying the Tigers are going to run last this year. On paper they are actually better than quite a fuckload of the other sides and it's easy to see. The trial form should hold true for them. The performances of the youth brigade last year and the increased size of their forward pack are going to make a big difference. To be quite honest it was the ineptitude of Benji Marshall that cost the Tigers most of the time last year. That and defence which if trial form is anything to go by they have improved drastically. The guys like Simona, Tedesco, Nofoaluma, Sue, Seumanufagai and co were among the best in the side and will now be the focus. Potter has a team he is coordinating. There's no way they can go backwards.

Broncos, Dogs, Eels, Dragons and Raiders all have poorer sides.

In actual fact I think a lot of teams are going to come back to the pack this year and it'll be a logjam middle third of the ladder with the Roosters clear the the top. When Melbourne are rolling out Hampton and Roberts as Round 1 halves even they are probably in for a long year.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

MacDougall posted:

I feel like it's pretty telling of the level of give a gently caress that most experts and pundits put into their research when I hear so many of them saying the Tigers are going to run last this year. On paper they are actually better than quite a fuckload of the other sides and it's easy to see. The trial form should hold true for them. The performances of the youth brigade last year and the increased size of their forward pack are going to make a big difference. To be quite honest it was the ineptitude of Benji Marshall that cost the Tigers most of the time last year. That and defence which if trial form is anything to go by they have improved drastically. The guys like Simona, Tedesco, Nofoaluma, Sue, Seumanufagai and co were among the best in the side and will now be the focus. Potter has a team he is coordinating. There's no way they can go backwards.

Broncos, Dogs, Eels, Dragons and Raiders all have poorer sides.

In actual fact I think a lot of teams are going to come back to the pack this year and it'll be a logjam middle third of the ladder with the Roosters clear the the top. When Melbourne are rolling out Hampton and Roberts as Round 1 halves even they are probably in for a long year.

In all seriousness is agree with you completely, but I won't be amazed if we come near the bottom of the ladder. Especially with the plagues being afflicted on us...

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Someone's been hammering Broncos for least wins since I posted 26-1. It's 17-1 now.

Assholes. Slow, lazy Mills is losing good money!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Christ the Supercoach login process is a loving nightmare. There doesn't appear to be any option to login unless it autorecognises your cookies, it just keeps forcing you to re-register instead so I ended up with two entries... trying to sort it out but my god what a poorly designed site.

• Locked thread