Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
'HAY VINCE THIS IS FAKE RAZOR I KNOW YOUR AT THE CABIN THIS WEEKEND BUT AM I GETTING A MATCH ON RAW OR WHAT.'

'Thank you Fake Razor for calling me. You are getting two matches on Raw and a six hundred thousand dollar bonus for each one.'

'THANKS VINCE BYE'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
Why is fake razor yelling?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

My whole point is that the comparison to Fake Razor was spurious because one of them worked for WWE for a few months as a Russoriffic gently caress you to WCW, and one of them is a guy that has worked for the company for almost 10 years, is viewed highly enough to have won MITB and had a title run, not to mention another not-quite title run in a program with Edge to main event Smackdown in the dying days of the brand split. I'm not saying talking to Vince would 100% do anything for Ziggler, I'm saying I doubt it'd get him fired like with Fake Razor, and what's he got to lose? Being MORE buried?

But it does illustrate the basic point, that there isn't some kind of concrete system in place where Vince's door is always open for you if you're unhappy. And it underlines the fundamental truth in WWE, business, and life in general that people get away with more when they have more leverage and value. Sure, Vince's door is probably open for some people but probably not everyone. So the more expendable they are the more risk they're taking when they do something like that. You think Dolph's got decent value based on him winning the World Title, a MitB, and suffering a bad gimmick. Maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong. But he might not feel he has that kind of leverage and job security to get away with it like you do. And its his job on the line. Yeah, he COULD be buried more. He's on TV way more than Zach Ryder. Or he could lose his job. Or he could just make an unpleasant work environment worse for himself. So its really easy for us to sit back and criticize him for not speaking up because we don't have to gamble any of the things he has to gamble or suffer any of the consequences he may have to suffer if it goes wrong.

Again, though, I'm not saying bitching on Twitter is in any way productive. Twitter is an unfortunate thing because its makes it incredibly easy for people to say and share things at low moments without much time to think out whether its the best idea. He's vent and bitching and in the long run that might come back to bite him, and it probably won't help. But I also feel pretty confident a few of these vets who get high and mighty about how they handled it better would have done the same thing if Twitter was around back then.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Please explain who OTHER than Fake Razor has gotten fired or such from trying to talk to Vince. I want to know. Legit question here

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RBX posted:

Please explain who OTHER than Fake Razor has gotten fired or such from trying to talk to Vince. I want to know. Legit question here

He wasn't even fired for that, it was clear they had no plans for him and his contract hadn't been renewed before he called.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Taryn gave birth

https://twitter.com/TheTarynTerrell/status/440252867052462080

Taryn Terrell ‏@TheTarynTerrell
Welcoming my sweet little girl Emerson into the world! I love her so much! pic.twitter.com/kJhDK9ydDL

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

RBX posted:

I don't think anyone is sincerely suggesting you'd be fired for speaking to Vince. I think the point is just that the idea that Vince's door is always open and he's receptive to anyone who has the courage to stand up for themselves is kind of silly. WWE is probably the same basic political bullshit maze that its always been suspected as. Talking to Vince probably lands you about equal chances of being pushed, being ignored, or being jobbed depending on who you are, how you do it, and what day it is.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

STAC Goat posted:

I don't think anyone is sincerely suggesting you'd be fired for speaking to Vince.

VogeGandire actually did, on the last page.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

mkay0 posted:

VogeGandire actually did, on the last page.

Did I? Because I thought I made a pretty loving obvious hyperbole. I guess I need to be even more obvious then.

"I bet if you so much as looked at Vince cross-eyed, he would literally demand you be hung, drawn and quartered for his pleasure".

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fair enough. Although hyperbole and all that. After all his counter case was winning the world title which seems as equally unlikely.

edit: or he can just stick up for himself before I hit reply.

Curtis of Nigeria
Jan 9, 2009
According to Wikipedia, Fake Razor called Vince after his contract expired. Big difference.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Vertical Lime posted:

Taryn gave birth

Welcoming my sweet little girl Emerson into the world! I love her so much! pic.twitter.com/kJhDK9ydDL

Vince loves kids, so now would be a great time to get Vince's number from Fake Razor and ask to be re-hired.

Vince also loves apes, so she should maybe get an ape in the baby picture too

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

AsInHowe posted:

Vince loves kids, so now would be a great time to get Vince's number from Fake Razor and ask to be re-hired.

Vince also loves apes, so she should maybe get an ape in the baby picture too

Needs more hillbillys.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

TL posted:

Needs more hillbillys.

Needs WBF champion Gary Strydom.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

AsInHowe posted:

Needs WBF champion Gary Strydom.

WWE in general needs more Dry Muscle.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

quote:

Seth Rollins @WWERollins 3h

Any @crossfit gyms in Detroit?

quote:

Steve Austin @steveaustinBSR

@WWERollins @CrossFit I don't know. But find one so you can stop tripping over them barricades at work.. #botch #CmonMan

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
That :iceburn: was...Stone Cold. :shepface:

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Vertical Lime posted:

Taryn gave birth

Hopefully she names her next two kids Lake and Palmer

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

sorry, wrong thread.

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

Oh, Zeb :allears:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'd love it if Michael Cole got deported. I don't even care to which country.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I don't care if he was playing a character. I'll never, ever forgive Michael Cole for Heel Michael Cole. There's a difference between playing up your TV persona and being awful at your job to the point where I literally want to change the channel during a great match.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

I don't care if he was playing a character. I'll never, ever forgive Michael Cole for Heel Michael Cole. There's a difference between playing up your TV persona and being awful at your job to the point where I literally want to change the channel during a great match.

The Cole Mine was pretty amusing though

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

OmegaBR posted:

Really, it makes me think literally everyone is scared of Vince and he's surrounded by a thousand yes-men in Titan Tower.
Well, no. Of the dozens of departments, only seems to have Creative has horror stories to tell. They're almost always on the road, being flown out to PPVs. All the hours of a TV writing job with all the travel of a wrestling job. Plus, instead of just having to worry about network restrictions, your boss changes the final script on the day!

If you talk to the DVD teams, the website team, finance, HR, they're probably fine. Hell, even travel (though it's gotta be one of the harder travel departments in the country.) But no matter what VKM wants, if the show's in Wilkes Barre, it's in Wilkes Barre.

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Mar 5, 2014

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Heel Cole was the worst, but it did lead to this.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Remember when Michael Cole beat Jerry Lawler at Wrestlemania for no good motherfucking god damned reason and kept that stupid loving feud going for like 3 extra excruciating loving months?

BECAUSE I REMEMBER. DEATH TO CREATIVE.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yes. Yes I do.

HOW DO YOU gently caress THAT UP?

Lawler hits him with the piledriver dead centre of the ring, maybe mocks him a little, puts him in the ankle lock if you want. Clean feel-good comedy match.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

What's worse is that's pretty much how the match went. Then it was reversed by Laptop GM, which is just the most limpdick way of pissing on the crowd they could have managed.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Wrestlemania 27 feels like Vince's final middle finger to Atlanta and the old WCW fanbase in general.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

DeathChicken posted:

What's worse is that's pretty much how the match went. Then it was reversed by Laptop GM, which is just the most limpdick way of pissing on the crowd they could have managed.

I thought it was so that they could make a hell of a lot of money betting on Cole.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

You know what bums me out about Heel Cole? The first thing I ever watched from that period was the Lawler vs Miz TLC match, and I actually really liked it. It wasn't an amazing match or anything, though I always love seeing the rare major gimmick match on free TV and Lawler was actually a million times better than I thought he would ever be in a match of that sort. Miz also performed above my usual expectations for him. And the finish was kind of great to me. I dug the idea that Cole was such a mark for the Miz and he had talked so much poo poo about Lawler's age and lack of accomplishments and how perfect and spectacular and unbeatable Miz was that he simply COULD NOT allow Lawler to win and did the unthinkable, and the follow up the next night where he asked Jerry to APOLOGIZE TO HIM was like, almost shockingly well-acted consider it was Michael Cole.

And then the rest of the angle (with the exceptions of the Miz v Lawler rematch at Chamber which was pretty enjoyable and Stone Cold coming down and stealing the Special Guest Referee contract from JBL, which was amazing and Cole's anguished cries of THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MY NIGHT! and his literal BEGGING for Stone Cold to show mercy only made it better) was just SUUUUCH garbage. And then literally every other segment I ever watched involving Heel Cole was garbage.

If there is a worse feeling than seeing something that you love and finding out that it was the only good part of a giant mess of poo poo, I don't know what it is.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Sanguinia posted:

If there is a worse feeling than seeing something that you love and finding out that it was the only good part of a giant mess of poo poo, I don't know what it is.

The first match of wrestling that I ever watched that wasn't a ~20 year old Wrestlemania match on Youtube was a Sandow v. Kofi on Main Event on January 1st of this year with Sandow winning that, and me thinking that both dudes would have to have been pretty high up the card to have had such a good match. Literally the next time I saw Sandow he was jobbed out to Khali in a 30 second comedy match on Old School Raw and I was pretty much told that John Cena and Daniel BryanBatista are who I should root for.

I imagine that's a similar feeling.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

DeathChicken posted:

No, what's worse is the match got about 30 minutes and involved Michael Cole getting offense.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
On Pro fight DB the Cole/ Lawler match is listed as having gone about as long as the WM main event. What the gently caress.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Their justification was that Stone Cold was the ref.

My personal theory is that Vince heard Jerry say off hand that he could have a better match with Michael Cole than 90% of the roster could have with each other and from that point Vince began plotting and scheming.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Gonzo McFee posted:

No, what's worse is the match got about 30 minutes and involved Michael Cole getting offense.
I think Malenko was the agent responsible for that one.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Perigryn posted:

I think Malenko was the agent responsible for that one.

The wrong Radical died then. :colbert:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its memories like Heel Cole and Laptop GM that make me sometimes wonder if diehard WWE defenders might be suffering from Stockholm syndrome.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Its memories like Heel Cole and Laptop GM that make me sometimes wonder if diehard WWE defenders might be suffering from Stockholm syndrome.

I sometimes wonder when you'll shut the hell up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Right back atcha.