Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nu_metal

Trevor Baker of The Guardian wrote "Bands such as Linkin Park, Korn and even the much reviled Limp Bizkit also, incidentally, did far more to break down the artificial barriers between "urban music" and rock than any of their more critically acceptable counterparts. Their concerts also drew huge numbers of women which is much more than you could say for any old-metal band."[32] Nu metal fashion can include baggy shirts, sports jerseys and jackets, basketball singlets and shorts, hoodies, cargo pants, sweatpants, dreadlocks, spiky hair, crew cuts, body piercings, tattoos, long hair, jumpsuits and sweatsuits.[33][34][35][36]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Miley Virus posted:

Nu metal fashion can include baggy shirts, sports jerseys and jackets, basketball singlets and shorts, hoodies, cargo pants, sweatpants, dreadlocks, spiky hair, crew cuts, body piercings, tattoos, long hair, jumpsuits and sweatsuits.[33][34][35][36]

so uh everything except jeans and suits I guess?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
As he reaches the final seconds of the countdown, Ryder pulls out his gun in a provocative gesture which forces Garber to shoot. With his dying breath, Ryder calls Garber his hero as NYPD officers arrive on scene. Afterward, the mayor thanks Garber for saving the hostages. The mayor states. "Today, you went to bat for the City of New York. Tomorrow the City of New York is going to go to bat for you. And the City has a very good batting average." The viewer may surmise for himself what the mayor meant. Garber rides home on the subway while the song, "Are you a Yankee's fan" plays and the film concludes with Garber walking into his home carrying a bag of groceries, including a half-gallon of milk he promised his wife he'd bring home during an earlier phone call shown.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
The Christmas tree consists of a column of six lights for each driver/lane, one blue, then three amber, one green, and one red, connected to light beams on the track. The first, a split blue circle, is split into two halves. When the first light beam is broken by the vehicle's front tire(s) indicate that the driver has pre-staged (approximately 7 inches (180 mm) from the starting line), lights the first half of the blue circle, and then staged (at the starting line), which lights up the second half of the blue circle, and also the corresponding bar in the middle of that circle.[1] [2] Below the blue "staged" light are three large amber lights, a green light, and a red light.

Once the first competitor trips the staged beam, the tree is automatically activated, and the opponent will have up to seven seconds to stage or a red light and automatic timed-out disqualification occurs instantly. Otherwise, when both drivers are staged the tree will start the race between .8 and 1.3 seconds after the race is staged, with the time randomly selected by the Autostart system, which causes the three large amber lights to illuminate, followed by the green one. There are two standard light sequences: either the three amber lights flash simultaneously, followed 0.4 seconds later by the green light (a Pro tree), or the amber lights in sequence from top to bottom, 0.5 seconds apart, followed 0.5 seconds later by the green light (a Sportsman tree, or full tree). If the front tires leaves from a stage beam (stage turn off) before the green light illuminates, the red light for that driver's lane illuminates instead, indicating disqualification (unless a more serious violation occurs). Once a driver commits a red-light foul (also known as redlighting), the other driver can also commit a foul start by leaving the line too early but still win, having left later. The green light automatically is illuminated on the opposite side of the red-lightning driver. Should both drivers leave after the green light illuminates, the one leaving first is said to have a holeshot advantage.

Except where a breakout rule is in place, the winner is the first vehicle to cross the finish line (and therefore the driver with the lowest total reaction time and elapsed time). The elapsed time is a measure of performance only; it does not necessarily determine the winner. Because elapsed time does not include reaction time and each lane is timed individually, a car with a slower elapsed time can actually win if that driver's holeshot advantage exceeds the elapsed time difference. In heads-up racing, this is known as a holeshot win.[3] In categories where a breakout rule (some dial-in categories are this way, but Jr Dragster, Super Comp, Super Gas, Super Stock, and Stock most notably) is in effect, if a competitor is faster than their predetermined time, that competitor loses. If both are faster than their predetermined time, the competitor closer to that time wins. Regardless, a red light foul is worse than a breakout, except in Jr Dragster where exceeding the absolute limit is disqualification.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

wrong thread

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
In the video, guitarist Brian Bell does a move in which he bends backwards, taking the guitar with him, then thrusts his legs in the way he's bending. This is known among Weezer fans as "the impossible bend."[citation needed] According to the mini book that accompanies the Video Capture Device DVD, Siega was asked to avoid referring to the lyrics of the song for the video, due to its themes of homosexual prostitution and drug references.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
NameEdit
The official name for Skeleturtle, "Mystery Bones of Infant Island", is a translation of the name for the creature found in a 2012 toy of it,[1][2] which reads "Infanto-jima no kai kotsu". Skeleturtle is a fanmade nickname, created by Chris Mirjahangir of Toho Kingdom,[3] before the official name was known. The other nickname for the creature, "Kame no Gaikotsu", was created by Miles Imhoff, also from Toho Kingdom.[3]

AppearanceEdit
Skeleturtle is purely white and gray, with black eyes, a bland, pale shell with no visible scutes. It has a fairly long neck, and very short limbs, which have tiny bone fragments visible.

OriginsEdit
Skeleturtle's direct origins are unknown, but it's possible that it was either a turtle mutated by radiation on Infant Island or a turtle of an unknown species.

HistoryEdit
Skeleturtle made a very short appearance on Mothra vs. Godzilla, lasting only about 38 seconds on screen and in the background. It was found on Infant Island, which had a lot of radiation and lifeless skeletons lying around. None of the characters ever directly interact with or notice it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
fanwikis are like cheating

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Improbable Lobster posted:

NameEdit
The official name for Skeleturtle, "Mystery Bones of Infant Island", is a translation of the name for the creature found in a 2012 toy of it,[1][2] which reads "Infanto-jima no kai kotsu". Skeleturtle is a fanmade nickname, created by Chris Mirjahangir of Toho Kingdom,[3] before the official name was known. The other nickname for the creature, "Kame no Gaikotsu", was created by Miles Imhoff, also from Toho Kingdom.[3]

AppearanceEdit
Skeleturtle is purely white and gray, with black eyes, a bland, pale shell with no visible scutes. It has a fairly long neck, and very short limbs, which have tiny bone fragments visible.

OriginsEdit
Skeleturtle's direct origins are unknown, but it's possible that it was either a turtle mutated by radiation on Infant Island or a turtle of an unknown species.

HistoryEdit
Skeleturtle made a very short appearance on Mothra vs. Godzilla, lasting only about 38 seconds on screen and in the background. It was found on Infant Island, which had a lot of radiation and lifeless skeletons lying around. None of the characters ever directly interact with or notice it.
impressively worthless but please acknowledge non-wikipedian content, tia

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Improbable Lobster posted:

fanwikis are like cheating
oh never mind then

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

:smugbird:

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
Her research has shown that younger women's breasts experience more up and down motion whereas older women (45+) experience more side to side and in-out movement of the breasts.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

tell me more about breast motion

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
jiggle phys-x, sponsored by nvidia

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

i guess this kinda fits here

http://www.wikihow.com/Hug-a-Girl

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Hugging a girl is at once exciting and terrifying.

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Finish it off in a cute way. The way you end it should depend on the situation. If you really like this girl, though, the end of a hug is your chance to do something adorable that she'll remember. Try these scenarios:
For a casual greeting or goodbye hug, say "I'm so happy to see you!" or "See you later!"
For a hug that acknowledges an accomplishment, that often means a congratulations for an award won, a job well done, a wedding, or other significant life moment. Generally, "Congratulations!" is a great thing to say.
For a comforting hug, tailor what you say to the situation. "It's OK," or "I'm here," are both good things to say.
For the buddy hug, say whatever sparked the hug in the first place. "You're awesome," or "We really rocked that ultimate Frisbee game, didn't we?" is always fun.
If it was a more intimate hug, we'll leave those follow-up words to you. Make them count!

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Miley Virus posted:

Finish it off in a cute way. The way you end it should depend on the situation. If you really like this girl, though, the end of a hug is your chance to do something adorable that she'll remember. Try these scenarios:
For a casual greeting or goodbye hug, say "I'm so happy to see you!" or "See you later!"
For a hug that acknowledges an accomplishment, that often means a congratulations for an award won, a job well done, a wedding, or other significant life moment. Generally, "Congratulations!" is a great thing to say.
For a comforting hug, tailor what you say to the situation. "It's OK," or "I'm here," are both good things to say.
For the buddy hug, say whatever sparked the hug in the first place. "You're awesome," or "We really rocked that ultimate Frisbee game, didn't we?" is always fun.
If it was a more intimate hug, we'll leave those follow-up words to you. Make them count!

after i hug i say "I meow meow like you!" or "Meowzers! Time to meow meow go. See you tomorrow! Meow!"

girls really like this but make sure to say it in a high pitch cartoonish voice to make it more adorable

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
https://www.facebook.com/notes/divine-pharaoh/a-scenario-for-a-utopian-society/939453186184

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

can statpedia tell me how many times your going to need to reregister to keep sa funded

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

this is extremely bad btw

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

never click a facebook link

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

it's fun to stay at the HOLD-HOVER LAND MOVE RIGHT MOVE FORWARDS

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

mooooooooods

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
would be a pretty pro name for a 70s metal album

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autosite

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

HMS Boromir posted:

mooooooooods

mods can i get putative borehole, tia

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk
Analyses of recorded conversations reveal that roughly 80–90 spoken words each day – 0.5% to 0.7% of all words – are swear words, with usage varying from between 0% to 3.4%. In comparison, first-person plural pronouns (we, us, our) make up 1% of spoken words.[2]

A three-country poll conducted by Angus Reid Public Opinion in July 2010 found that Canadians swear more often than Americans and British when talking to friends, while Britons are more likely than Canadians and Americans to hear strangers swear during a conversation.[3]

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

as a canadian, i'm pretty sure i swear more than 3% of the time, eh

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

FrozenVent posted:

as a canadian, i'm pretty sure i swear more than 3% of the time, eh

loving right

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Removal is generally achieved by steam jet and scraper but the process is slow and labour-intensive. Most external urban areas with high pedestrian traffic show high incidence of casual chewing gum discard and the Singapore ban on chewing gum sale may be felt to have some merit - Singapore's pavements are, perhaps uniquely amongst modern cities, free of gum. More than other litter which can be picked up or is quickly degraded by the weather, chewing gum with its glue-like characteristics is regarded as environmentally damaging. In 2000, a study on Oxford Street, one of London’s busiest shopping streets, showed that a quarter of a million black or white blobs of chewing gum were stuck to its pavement.[9]

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Removal is generally achieved by steam jet and scraper but the process is slow and labour-intensive. Most external urban areas with high pedestrian traffic show high incidence of casual chewing gum discard and the Singapore ban on chewing gum sale may be felt to have some merit - Singapore's pavements are, perhaps uniquely amongst modern cities, free of gum. More than other litter which can be picked up or is quickly degraded by the weather, chewing gum with its glue-like characteristics is regarded as environmentally damaging. In 2000, a study on Oxford Street, one of London’s busiest shopping streets, showed that a quarter of a million black or white blobs of chewing gum were stuck to its pavement.[9]
people are disgusting

you're in a city, there's a trash can right there, what the hell is your problem

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

the other day i watched someone go put a piece of gum in a bush, poor bush

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
why do people spit out gum anyway

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Install Windows posted:

what do you do with it :raise:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Install Windows posted:

something something 7 year colon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Lutha Mahtin posted:

what do you do with it :raise:

he uses his tongue to stick it on the next dick he sucks