Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

EnsGDT posted:

God dammit I love Spencer. He is terrifying.

Also, it definitely looks like a picture of the writing staff, which is my guess.

I'm pretty sure the woman second from the right in the middle row is Harmon's wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
:colbert: It's Fiancee.

Though seriously, I think you're right, though it's kinda hard to tell since she's not doing an awkward smile or uncontrollably giggling.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

umalt posted:

Though seriously, I think you're right, though it's kinda hard to tell since she's not doing an awkward smile or uncontrollably giggling.

Or holding a cake.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

cat doter posted:

It's a pretty good bitch out, imo. I mean just complaining about something like that and posting a .gif is like walking into a room calling everyone idiots, farting, then walking out. Yeah way to contribute asshat.

It's dumb, but it's also commonplace for the internet. It'd suit Harmon to have a thicker skin about stuff like this.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like how there is a poster congratulating the Marching Band for getting 5th place.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I like how there is a poster congratulating the Marching Band for getting 5th place.

In 2010, no less.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

thexerox123 posted:

In 2010, no less.

Just like a real life community college!

North Seattle Community College, you can take down that poster advertising a career fair that happened in November, 2013 anytime now. Though it is homemade on construction paper, so maybe they're keeping it up as Art. Annoys me when I pass by it every day on my way to Statistics.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

¡Terrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

umalt posted:

It's Fiancée, you loving philistine.

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over
You'd think forums poster Umlaut would have gotten that right

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Last Chance posted:

I'm pretty sure the woman second from the right in the middle row is Harmon's wife.

No it's not. That's Monica Padrick from the writing staff.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

mclast posted:

You'd think forums poster Umlaut would have gotten that right

It's Umalt* you cretin!

*Admittedly it's a name that I created years ago out of a misspelling of Umlaut; though it's something that you never see registered by anyone else, so it stuck.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Only just caught up with this one now and I found it to be both the most compelling and one of the funniest episodes in a long while. All plots completely worked in this one.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
SNIP

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Mar 2, 2014

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

I liked this episode quite a lot. I didn't expect Duncan or Britta to get character development of any kind, but it was nice. The duck jokes were all great too. Jim the Duck is such a great thing for Banks' character to come up with. I mean, what the hell?

I hope Shirley gets more stuff. It's getting depressing how little stuff really involves her any more. Yvette Nicole Brown is too good to be wasted on one-off jokes about how unimportant she is going to be that episode.

Oz
Sep 10, 2003

Minion Of Relin
My favorite John Oliver quote from the episode was "She's everything I love about America: Bold, opinionated, just past her peak, and starting to realize she'll have to settle for less."

Laughed out loud on that one.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Oz posted:

My favorite John Oliver quote from the episode was "She's everything I love about America: Bold, opinionated, just past her peak, and starting to realize she'll have to settle for less."

Laughed out loud on that one.

Have you met the women who do like me Jeff? I haven't, but I'm pretty sure they're not good people.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Strawman posted:

Have you met the women who do like me Jeff? I haven't, but I'm pretty sure they're not good people.

That was a fantastic line. And a little close to home.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Hbomberguy posted:

I liked this episode quite a lot. I didn't expect Duncan or Britta to get character development of any kind, but it was nice. The duck jokes were all great too. Jim the Duck is such a great thing for Banks' character to come up with. I mean, what the hell?

Britta did more this last episode than all of last season. Honestly, I have to hand it Dan Harman for turning it all around :unsmith:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

CaptainHollywood posted:

Britta did more this last episode than all of last season. Honestly, I have to hand it Dan Harman for turning it all around :unsmith:

Between the last episode and her Pizza Dance, its been a long cold winter for Britta.

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

God drat this episode was good in every way. The whole Duncan/Jeff/Britta storyline was an awesome callback to season 1 and very funny all around. It was also a relief to see someone give Abed some boundaries after 5 seasons, and the dialogue between Abed and Banks could only have been done by Harmon. More of this, less the floor is lava lol random please.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I WATCHED MY THIRD WIFE DIE!

Tartan Target
Jun 1, 2001

Slightly off-topic, but when and why did Community stop shooting outdoors? It's something I've only just noticed and I think it has a really subtle effect on the show. It's as though the campus seems to shrink with each season...

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!
It started in season 3, although there were far fewer outdoor/location shoots as early as season 2 compared to the first season. I think it's just because they don't have the money for it anymore. Dan Harmon said they never cut the budget, but that seems unlikely. And I agree that it's been bad for the show.

Tartan Target
Jun 1, 2001

I don't know how the budgets for these things work, but I'd settle for less guest stars and more exterior shots. The cast is pretty solid, even with the absence of Glover and Chase, so at this point I'd prefer a return to the cinematic feel it had early on. Everything else this season has been a reassuring return to form, though.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Even if the budget was never cut, Harmon and the producers may have decided to focus on indoor sets in order to save money for the more outlandish episodes.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They haven't actually left the Paramount lot since Season 1. All of the (few) exteriors since then have been from a small park on the property.

I get how it may have become prohibitively expensive, but it's a shame as just having LACC's campus available must have afforded them a tremendous amount more freedom than they have now.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Outdoor shooting budget was replaced with pointless guest star budget.

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
I expect it's just expensive to populate a big lot with the amount of extras you would expect for a community college.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Do like the later seasons of MASH. Ignore the fact that there are only 8-9 people at this school and see where it takes you.

I mean, everyone loves the sad seasons 8-11 of MASH where they still creepily had a laugh track, right?

Tartan Target
Jun 1, 2001

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Do like the later seasons of MASH. Ignore the fact that there are only 8-9 people at this school and see where it takes you.

I mean, everyone loves the sad seasons 8-11 of MASH where they still creepily had a laugh track, right?

MASH never had a laugh track when it aired in the UK...

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Tartan Target posted:

MASH never had a laugh track when it aired in the UK...

You're missing out on a thousand sad moments with Riotous Laughter played over them. It's weird.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Came in here to see reactions of Don Glover possibly returning to Community, but maybe hasn't been posted here yet because it's not very solid info?

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2014/03/donald-glover-returning-community/

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!
I always thought it'd make sense for them to shoot something with Donald Glover for the finale, before he left the show. But maybe it's more than that. Maybe it'll be something like Chevy's last appearance.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

egon_beeblebrox posted:

You're missing out on a thousand sad moments with Riotous Laughter played over them. It's weird.

Season 1 is the worst when they had the laugh track in the OR. The DVDs have a great feature were you can turn it off.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Came in here to see reactions of Don Glover possibly returning to Community, but maybe hasn't been posted here yet because it's not very solid info?

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2014/03/donald-glover-returning-community/

It could go either way, but I'm hopeful. Maybe he saw the last week's episode and didn't want Abed to be sad anymore.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

Season 1 is the worst when they had the laugh track in the OR. The DVDs have a great feature were you can turn it off.

Yep. Those DVDs are a Godsend. The later seasons are seriously weird when they kick that laugh track on.

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

On second thought, if Donald Glover really is returning, Community is definitely going to get cancelled.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
Unless he's returning for next season. In which case, Atlanta might be getting cancelled. Which would suck, but at least he'd be getting work.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
He's not returning: http://observationdeck.io9.com/warning-donald-glover-is-not-returning-to-community-1537896524

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

From Facebook:

I have no idea what this cat is, but it's all over the promo pictures.

• Locked thread