Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Dastardly posted:

So, what are the Japanese equivalents to Flatty McChesterson and Ms. Bouncy-bouncy?

http://pastebin.com/TfbrQ5Xh

You figure it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Good ol' Petanko-chan and Vowel sister.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I'm sure it says something that Google Translate has 'petanko' as an English "translation" but boin[g] isn't even in the 'other translations' drop-down.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
:frogsiren: UPDATE :frogsiren:

Ep 49: Karol Lifts Youtube

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
If anyone should be wearing a fedora it would be Raven. He comes across as a depressed self-loathing goon.

Since I was bored, have harseman as envisioned by Geop;

So majestic.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Mar 4, 2014

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

YOU CAN'T UNSEE IT.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Natz's parents gave him that name to toughen him up. It worked.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Every time I see Natz I think of the Japanese pronunciation Natzu which either is or just sounds strongly like a girls name.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Herr Tog posted:

Every time I see Natz I think of the Japanese pronunciation Natzu which either is or just sounds strongly like a girls name.

Definitely a girls name.

Derpes
Oct 5, 2010

Yup, it's definitely a girl's name. :colbert:

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Gotta say. Kuvo is getting pretty good at cutting off the episodes at just the right time to make me wish he'd had kept going for just a little longer. :argh:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Well the next episode got really crazy really quickly and there was basically no other place to cut it aside from where I did.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Yeah the next, I dunno, 2-3 hours of this game are non-stop plot craziness, which is really weird, considering how the plot has been basically standstill up unitl now

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

The upcoming episodes are rude for those who need a restroom break.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
They spent a whole week in the desert and the only notable thing that occurred was Yuri murdering the fruity knight. Frankly I'm glad to hear that the plot is going to dive into crazy town. I hope there's something that tops flying away on a magical chainsaw sword.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Internet Kraken posted:

They spent a whole week in the desert and the only notable thing that occurred was Yuri murdering the fruity knight. Frankly I'm glad to hear that the plot is going to dive into crazy town. I hope there's something that tops flying away on a magical chainsaw sword.

It's more crazy in an EVERYTHING HAPPENS way. Basically the game starts knocking down pretty much every domino it's been taking its sweet time setting up

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dastardly posted:

Gotta say. Kuvo is getting pretty good at cutting off the episodes at just the right time to make me wish he'd had kept going for just a little longer. :argh:

Hey man, I know what's coming up and I'm glad to share it with you. Stairs :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Geop posted:

The upcoming episodes are rude for those who need a restroom break.

Lucky for the people watching after the fact, they get a pause button. :smug:

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

ChaosArgate posted:

Lucky for the people watching after the fact, they get a pause button. :smug:

to really get into kuvo's head you're going to have to expect the video to end within the next five minutes only to learn there are at least 20 more minutes of cutscene no matter where you are in the video

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Kuvo and I were both in the same boat :froggonk:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Vicas posted:

to really get into kuvo's head you're going to have to expect the video to end within the next five minutes only to learn there are at least 20 more minutes of cutscene no matter where you are in the video

Geop posted:

Kuvo and I were both in the same boat :froggonk:

These episodes can't get here fast enough. :haw: :f5:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Vicas posted:

Or 90 minutes before you watch the video, drink 2 pints of Guinness and 3 glasses of bourbon. Dont go to the bathroom during this time.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Vicas posted:

Yeah the next, I dunno, 2-3 hours of this game are non-stop plot craziness, which is really weird, considering how the plot has been basically standstill up unitl now

Isn't that how it usually goes with JRPGs though? Nothing happens for ages and then suddenly the plot comes careening around the corner with the entire police force in tow and slams into your face.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
JRPGs certainly do love their SHOCKING BIG TWIST (that the player figured out hours ago) moments.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Internet Kraken posted:

JRPGs certainly do love their SHOCKING BIG TWIST (that the player figured out hours ago) moments.

Shocking twists are one thing, but I believe what we're discussing are "here's the last ten hours of plot you've wanted packed into the next five minutes" moments.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I mean it makes sense. You gotta have a couple of big moments where the stakes get raised, and obviously that means a couple more cutscenes than usual. If everything happens at a steady, even pace, Important Moment E won't feel that special because Important Moment D was an hour ago and Important Moment C an hour before that.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Shocking twists are one thing, but I believe what we're discussing are "here's the last ten hours of plot you've wanted packed into the next five minutes" moments.

Yeah, pretty much this. I actually ended up listing pretty much every plot moment up until the point where the plot actually calms down a bit recently and I was really surprised by just how much happens one after another. I'm pretty sure we're not even gonna get through all of it in the next session, but I guess that depends on how long it takes Kuvo to do dungeons :v:

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Internet Kraken posted:

Well, we would have if we were paying attention to the plot rather than trying to find Repede in cutscenes.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Vesperia.jpg

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
The game does indeed refer to Belius as male several times before you actually get to see her. As far as I can tell, it's just a translation error of the gender-neutral Japanese and someone wasn't paying attention. Oh well.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

The game does indeed refer to Belius as male several times before you actually get to see her. As far as I can tell, it's just a translation error of the gender-neutral Japanese and someone wasn't paying attention. Oh well.

I always figured it was just because she's generally pretty mysterious and so the party just sorta defaults to male, as most English speakers would when given a person in a position of power whose gender isn't obvious. Then again I can't quite remember when they start referring to her as female (I know it's in the videos that have just been posted but lol if you think I've ever watched any LPs ever) so maybe it switches sorta apropos of nothing and that argument doesn't work :v:

You could also argue that defaulting to male would more or less be the English equivalent of Japanese gender neutral language, since people rarely call other people "it"

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
:frogsiren: UPDATE :frogsiren:

Ep 50: Plot Dump Youtube

Fifty episodes in, stuff finally starts to happen. Also is this the first session where no one figured out the names? Kinda sad if I stumped people this early.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
I actually figured it out towards the end but didn't bring it up. I'm dumb

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

So Blastia cores are pretty much the same exact thing as the power crystals from Symphonia then?

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
I really hope some of that made sense to someone.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
Level 3 Overlimit is always worth using, since you get :siren: infinite TP :siren: during it. So don't worry about burst artes.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

I'm sorry, but not really

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Some designer really had a thing for ear hair.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
"But we haven't done anything to warrant being arrested!"

You just killed the leader of another guild, I think that's enough to make the knights want to ask you a couple questions :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derpes
Oct 5, 2010

Danaru posted:

"But we haven't done anything to warrant being arrested!"

You just killed the leader of another guild, I think that's enough to make the knights want to ask you a couple questions :shepface:

Guilds and the knights are on opposite sides, the reason you join a guild in the first place is to get away from the empire (and by extension, the knights). The knights won't care what the guilds are doing unless it interferes with their own work.

Also, Kuvo, you got one of the best rings in the game after the Belius fight which is why I told you to watch out what items you got from bosses in the first place.

• Locked thread