Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

Dead Snoopy posted:

I literally thought, "the dregs of The Sarah Silverman Program" the second he wandered into the frame. I can't believe how much I hate that show.

I heard that show was so dysfunctional that its creator was fired. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

I was dreading anything Tim and Eric on this show, so whatever it was flying under the radar is just fine with me.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Well that was the best event episode in a long, long time. More of that before it's too late!

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
I give that episode 5 MeowMeowBeenz

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
This episode, like many in seasons 4 and 5, seems rushed as poo poo, like they wrote enough material for a 40 minute episode then cut it down to 20 without cutting any scenes.

I want to see a longer cut of this episode, because it has so much potential.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

1st AD posted:

This episode, like many in seasons 4 and 5, seems rushed as poo poo, like they wrote enough material for a 40 minute episode then cut it down to 20 without cutting any scenes.

I want to see a longer cut of this episode, because it has so much potential.

If you watch the supplemental stuff like trailers or set photographs, there seems to be a ton of things that were shot but not used. Mainly the revolution I think.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

If this was a full length season I have to imagine this would have been a two parter.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Ha, my 11 year old daughter saw this before I got home and knew it was parodying something, just had no idea what. Her only error was in thinking it parodied ONE thing.

Holy poo poo what an episode.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Not nearly enough love for Mitch "Koogler" Hurwitz in this thread. Holy meowmoewbeenz.

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
I want to see More Hurwitz too. He was fantastic in Workaholics and when he shows up on the podcast you can tell he's a genuinely very witty guy.

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!
Agreed, he's pretty much perfect. Everyone should check out his appearances on Harmontown. I hope we'll see more of him and Dan Harmon working together in the future.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

VagueRant posted:

I had mixed feelings on this one.

What was the actual point of hiring Brian Posehn, by the way? He didn't even have a line. Why not give that job to an extra? Oh and what was the "Tim and Eric" joke I must have missed that y'all were posting about?
Yeah, she had the thing with being in Jeff's class in episode 2 but that was about it. I'm also a little worried that Alison Brie has totally lost her passion for the show based on the way she talks in the panels and interviews. I don't want her to Troy us. :smith:

I haven't really seen any recent panels or interviews, what makes you say she seems to be less passionate about it?

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

#i don't have too much to say besides I really really loved that episode. Jeff's standup and Abed's assimilation into the system are both season highlights for me.

"A happy three is a future four".

Calico Heart fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Mar 7, 2014

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Great episode, Hurwitz was put to great use, the standup was funny, tim and eric were subdued enough to blend in, that tag at the end was absolutely hilarious.

5 MeowMeowBeenz!!

I do agree that there was probably much more to this episode that we didnt get to see, and would probably have been better as an hour long ep.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Koogler hasn't been in the show before has he? Did I totally miss something there?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Mons Hubris posted:

Koogler hasn't been in the show before has he? Did I totally miss something there?

According to wikipedia, Koogler first appeared in "The First Chang Dynasty" as a background character. He was also seen drinking beer during the Oktoberfest scene in "Alternative History of the German Invasion." However, this past episode was the first time he ever had a line.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Good god this thread has had the worst thread titles.
:regd08:

It's gotten to be less funny than the gas leak year.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Mar 7, 2014

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Do you even have a career plan?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Occupation posted:

Do you even have a career plan?

Is gettin' laid a career plan?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

DoctorWhat posted:

Is gettin' laid a career plan?

NO! :mad:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Capn Beeb posted:

I was dreading anything Tim and Eric on this show, so whatever it was flying under the radar is just fine with me.

I feel like the whole entire 70s drug trip fashion sense was their idea because that was their entire loving show

70s drug trip

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I thought their entire show was being horrifically unfunny.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Dead Snoopy posted:

I literally thought, "the dregs of The Sarah Silverman Program" the second he wandered into the frame. I can't believe how much I hate that show.

The only one I ever saw that was actually funny was the one about Tab featuring the two gay guys, because they were the focus instead of Sarah "I'm a woman and I say dirty things haha pay attention to me" Silverman.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I liked the episode with Christopher Eccleston in.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Dead Snoopy posted:

Why do you hate Mr. Show?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

big mean giraffe posted:

Abed had some great lines though. "I make small talk now."

I like how Abed was caught up in the system and he couldn't escape, even though he was a 5.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

thexerox123 posted:

Good god this thread has had the worst thread titles.
:regd08:

It's gotten to be less funny than the gas leak year.

Apparently someone thinks they're funny. *

* that person is not me.

So, is the MeowMeowBeenz app that popped up an actual version of the one in the show? Or just shovelware?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

big mean giraffe posted:

The only one I ever saw that was actually funny was the one about Tab featuring the two gay guys, because they were the focus instead of Sarah "I'm a woman and I say dirty things haha pay attention to me" Silverman.

I looked up her show on Netflix and the Tab episode wasn't on there. I really wanted to watch that one again.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's a fan creation that they're going to try to turn into a real thing, a la Hawkthorne.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
I like how MeowMeowBeenz is basically how the Reddit Karma system functions. That if someone has an opinion that differs from the norm, they get downvoted to poo poo. But by staying in the Reddit hivemind opinion, you're basically a three, unless you get downvoted for no reason at which point, the rest of the hivemind turns against you.

Nobody's opinion matters and it's all a popularity contest. What a terrible website for human interaction.

Ravane fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Mar 7, 2014

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
It's actually nothing like reddit, as it lacks the whole weighted vote system that sees power skewed towards some shadowy oligarchy of 5's, but yeah gently caress that site.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bobkatt013 posted:

Why do you hate Mr. Show?

Rodrigo, do what you do...gay him up good!

I also loved Brian Poshen as Jim Kuback on Mission Hill.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

nutranurse posted:

It's actually nothing like reddit, as it lacks the whole weighted vote system that sees power skewed towards some shadowy oligarchy of 5's, but yeah gently caress that site.

I don't know, I always see the same people on the top comments getting gold and upvotes for making the same statements over and over again. Off the top of my head, there's Unidan, nice guy who always identifies some animal and gets a huge amount of meowmeowbeenz. Vargas makes some bad joke or story and gets huge meowmeowbeenz for digressive low effort posts. Sprog_poem gets meowmeowbeenz for making, I kid you not, lovely poems on the front page. To expand upon that, most of these poems are just rhymes. They have no imagery, no alliteration, no stylistic devices that demarcate modern poetry.

They're not a shadow oligarchy, but votes are definitely skewed in their favour.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
lol dude, you touched the poop.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
Haha yes, YES. Let's have pages and pages of how stinky Reddit is and how unfunny Tim and Eric are. Lets kick this puppy into full gear.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

MORE REDDIT CHAT PLEASE

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

Ravane posted:

I like how MeowMeowBeenz is basically how the Reddit Karma system functions. That if someone has an opinion that differs from the norm, they get downvoted to poo poo. But by staying in the Reddit hivemind opinion, you're basically a three, unless you get downvoted for no reason at which point, the rest of the hivemind turns against you.

Nobody's opinion matters and it's all a popularity contest. What a terrible website for human interaction.

http://arstechnica.com/business/2014/03/teens-get-banned-from-an-app-after-vicious-attacks-and-threats/

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Best episode in years and I hope it's an indication of more to come. I really like the idea of the show itself developing into almost more of a long-form sketch comedy show, where you have characters with developed personalities but every week it's a weird, random situation that just plays out. The actual school stuff is boring and pointless, as is most of the interpersonal character development stuff. Just give us these character types and throw them into a situation, that's the heart of the show imo.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Best moment had to be Abed not being allowed to fall below 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

A great episode, this season is a real return to form, I like how they are mixing it up, erm not a lot more I can say without sounding contrived.

• Locked thread