Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shunkymonky
Sep 10, 2006
'sup
Early reactions from a 2nd night attendee is 4 new songs so far including All Time Low. I wanted to dance to funky music in the pit :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I'm confused
http://instagram.com/p/lP8tsUjqph/

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Year Zero TV show, obviously.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

obeyasia posted:

Year Zero TV show, obviously.
Hahaha

I'm assuming it's a teaser for their new tour or a webcast or a concert DVD or something, although Tension 2013 is already getting released as a concert DVD so it's more likely one of the former two.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I assumed those were pictures of cities he'd be touring in 2014 and I came here to see if some turbonerd freezeframed them all yet to see if my city was in there.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I only recognized Alcatraz and the Griffith Observatory.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l

Dr Tran posted:

I only recognized Alcatraz and the Griffith Observatory.

We didn't get a proper Bay Area show last year because of Outside Lands, so I'm assuming between the map of the US and all the pictures of cities that we're looking at another leg of the U.S. tour.

LoudLoudNoise
Dec 29, 2008

Pretty sure I saw Barton Springs Pool so that means they're playing Austin, right? :dance:

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l
Apparently Soundgarden also posted a tour teaser today, and given the Dallas listing people are thinking a co-headlining tour may be happening.

The Downward Spiral and Superunknown both turned 20 this year, so it makes sense, I guess.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Didn't Trent completely poo poo on Chris Cornell publicly at some point?

ballgameover.mp3
Oct 21, 2008

TOOT BOOT posted:

Didn't Trent completely poo poo on Chris Cornell publicly at some point?

Many times, and generally correctly so. Also, here's this :http://www.antiquiet.com/music/2014/03/nin-soundgarden-tour-dates-nine-inch-nails/

Hey, does anyone know anything about this 20th Anniversary Special Edition thing on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/NIN-Nine-Inch-Nails-Anniversary/dp/B0014JGFIC

Trent hasn't plugged it, and I don't see it on nin.com, so...?

ballgameover.mp3 fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Mar 8, 2014

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

NIN posted on Twitter that today's the 20th anniversary of the release of The Downward Spiral.

And I think the Closer single came out soon after the album, so that means I've been listening to that song for close to 20 years :stare: (I heard it a lot as a kid, well before I was a big NIN fan, as I'm sure some of you did too)

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I've been wanting to gently caress women like animals since I was 8

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

ballgameover.mp3 posted:

Many times, and generally correctly so. Also, here's this :http://www.antiquiet.com/music/2014/03/nin-soundgarden-tour-dates-nine-inch-nails/

Hey, does anyone know anything about this 20th Anniversary Special Edition thing on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/NIN-Nine-Inch-Nails-Anniversary/dp/B0014JGFIC

Trent hasn't plugged it, and I don't see it on nin.com, so...?

I can almost promise you without any prior knowledge, that dvd is just a burned disc of the wave goodbye tour.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Deadmau5 "I'm doing a new album with guest appearances by Trent Reznor and Mariqueen Maandig."

(That afternoon same radio station)

Trent. "Nope."

Trent :allears:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahahahaha

I know the author italicized all the quotes, but it was still funny to see "'Nope,' he said."

Also:

Deadmau5 posted:

It's a two disc album, which is pretty cool, because if you don't like the one disc, there's always the other
:haw:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Why would you even lie about that?

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Probably because his management had thought that they'd spoken to NIN's management who had in turn spoken to Trent and somewhere along the chain of chinese whispers and incessent backstabbing/rumour-mongering that is the music industry, the message got warped and the two parties that actually matter had a difference of understanding.

ballgameover.mp3
Oct 21, 2008

Platypus Farm posted:

I can almost promise you without any prior knowledge, that dvd is just a burned disc of the wave goodbye tour.

Yeah, it looks like a piece of poo poo. I don't think there was an image when I first posted it.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Nam Taf posted:

Probably because his management had thought that they'd spoken to NIN's management who had in turn spoken to Trent and somewhere along the chain of chinese whispers and incessent backstabbing/rumour-mongering that is the music industry, the message got warped and the two parties that actually matter had a difference of understanding.

For sure. Deadmau5 goes to his management and says "wow, could I get Trent to sing on my album?" his management speaks to Columbia who thinks "man that'd be great exposure for us, we'll make it happen!" and either Trent says no or isn't asked and Deadmau5 says it's happening.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Have any of you guys had experience with the fan presale before? I bought two tickets for myself and a friend of mine in Adelaide, but he's gotten pretty sick and won't be able to go. Thing is, it says in the presale guidelines that you need to have your entire party to get in.

How the hell do I get in then if I've bought two tickets but I'm the only one going?

Shunkymonky
Sep 10, 2006
'sup
That phrase is usually just meant to say you can't have friend 1 come 30 minutes later than friend 2, you need to all arrive and get your entry wristbands at the same time if they were purchased in the same transaction.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Oh, ok so if I'm just going on my own I'll still be allowed to grab one ticket. Cool.

I guess these are the downsides to grabbing tickets for a concert in another state.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah it's to stop two go in, then one goes out with two wrist bands, two go in, etc etc etc.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

LoudLoudNoise posted:

Pretty sure I saw Barton Springs Pool so that means they're playing Austin, right? :dance:

Have any internet spergs figured this out yet? I really want this to be true but I'm not autistic enough to open the video in After Effects.

marquis27
Nov 9, 2003
beware the marquis

blue.eyed.ash posted:

Apparently Soundgarden also posted a tour teaser today, and given the Dallas listing people are thinking a co-headlining tour may be happening.

The Downward Spiral and Superunknown both turned 20 this year, so it makes sense, I guess.

Friend said he heard from someone he knows that Soundgarden/NIN were playing out here at Red Rocks over the summer. Nothing confirmed yet, but then he sent me this....

http://www.songkick.com/concerts/19...m_content=44690

...so a tour with the two bands may be for real?

ballgameover.mp3
Oct 21, 2008
Ok, this has to be one of the best NIN covers I have ever heard: http://www.lowerfrequencies.com/2014/03/superhumanoids-march-of-the-pigs/

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

ballgameover.mp3 posted:

Ok, this has to be one of the best NIN covers I have ever heard: http://www.lowerfrequencies.com/2014/03/superhumanoids-march-of-the-pigs/
This is legit pretty interesting and not at all what I would think a cover of March of the Pigs would sound like. I dig it!

ballgameover.mp3
Oct 21, 2008
Well, here's confirmation of the tour: http://imgur.com/eOMO1AO

They're skipping WA completely, which sucks. I missed this tour, because the loving moron girl who was taking me bought tickets from an online scalper. Not even tickets - she bought a copy of a receipt from someone online. That's all she had when we got to the venue in Seattle, a printout of a receipt with someone else's name on it.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
07.19.2014 Las Vegas, NV Planet Hollywood
07.21.2014 Morrison, CO Red Rocks Amphitheatre
07.24.2014 Tinley Park, IL First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
07.26.2014 Clarkston, MI DTE Energy Music Theatre
07.27.2014 Toronto, ON Molson Canadian Amphitheatre
07.29.2014 Mansfield, MA XFINITY Center
07.30.2014 Camden, NJ Susquehanna Bank Center
08.01.2014 Wantagh, NY Nikon at Jones Beach Theatre
08.02.2014 Holmdel, NJ PNC Bank Arts Center
08.04.2014 Bristow, VA Jiffy Lube Live
08.05.2014 Virginia Beach, VA Farm Bureau Live at Virginia Beach
08.07.2014 Charlotte, NC PNC Music Pavilion
08.08.2014 Atlanta, GA Aaron's Amphitheater at Lakewood
08.10.2014 West Palm Beach, FL Cruzan Amphitheatre
08.11.2014 Tampa, FL MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Amphitheatre
08.14.2014 Austin, TX Austin360 Amphitheater
08.16.2014 Woodlands, TX Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
08.17.2014 Dallas, TX Gexa Energy Pavilion
08.19.2014 Albuquerque, NM Isleta Amphitheater
08.21.2014 Chula Vista, CA Sleep Train Amphitheatre
08.22.2014 Irvine, CA Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
08.24.2014 Mountain View, CA Shoreline Amphitheater
08.25.2014 Hollywood, CA Hollywood Bowl

edit:

I'm really tempted to do Vegas, but that's comic-con week. Will probably do Irvine and the Bowl

Dr Tran fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Mar 16, 2014

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Holy fuuuuck, just saw the email. That's exciting! They're not coming here so it looks like I'll be road tripping to Texas in August. I'll update the OP with dates when I get home.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

welp looks like i'm seeing NIN again in Mansfield.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Why, Trent, why.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Photex posted:

welp looks like i'm seeing NIN again in Mansfield.

Hopefully you will not end up behind me.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!
I don't think anyone has mentioned the support act on this tour yet which is motherfucking DEATH GRIPS

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
See y'all at the West Palm Show. Last time I saw them there during NIN/JA was the best NIN show I've ever been to.

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.
I haven't had the opportunity to hit up a pre-sale for a NIN tour before, what site do they use? Musictoday.com or something?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

axleblaze posted:

Hopefully you will not end up behind me.

i'll be sure to post about it if I do.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Alright presale for NIN.com members for all shows is today at noon so I'm gonna try to get in on that. I've been a member for a while anyway. It's free to sign up.

http://tour.nin.com/

All the dates have been added to the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Alright presale for NIN.com members for all shows is today at noon so I'm gonna try to get in on that.

Monday...