Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splender
Nov 11, 2012

Revel in the gloriously handsome sight of my insane pectorals

jammyozzy posted:

This is gonna sound creepy as all gently caress, is this outside Camberley Auto Factors in Yateley?

Sorry I didn't get back to you in months, yes it is outside Yateley Motor Spares. Please don't murder me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Just get a more modern one. :eng99:

Aleks_r
May 13, 2005

Fili Dilecti Sanctae Barbarae
So i just replaced my '92 Golf III VR6 with this thing:

Picture taken when i picked it up. We are waiting for a ferry to take us across the fjord.

It is a 1998 VW Passat 1,8T. Mods by previous owner includes:
- repaint from Diamantschwarz to matte Ipanemabraun
- replaced the stock turbo with K03S turbo
- front mounted intercooler
- some sort of chip
- slightly lowered
- the worlds biggest and most pointless subwoofer in the back (3x12" woofers - this does not stay as it practically renders the boot useless since it's so god drat huge)
- el cheapo xenon kit from ebay, in which the right hand side front lights works intermittently (replacing this in a short while)
- removed the rear wiper in his hunt for a clean looking car (i want a rear wiper :-/)
- diesel muffler (again, clean look)

What have done?! (i love it!)

Aleks_r fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Feb 26, 2014

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
Decided that it was time to move on from the Mini and went out a bought a truck. It's growing on me, and I look forward to some mods.

It's a 2007 Tacoma

Edit: typed tundra for some reason

mutt2jeff fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Feb 26, 2014

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

mutt2jeff posted:

Decided that it was time to move on from the Mini and went out a bought a truck. It's growing on me, and I look forward to some mods.

It's a 2007 tundra.

Then why'd you show us a picture of a Taco?

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
Just about celebrating one year with my Miata, pictured with my other DD

Bonus pic of a previous ambulance I worked on with a hilarious feature

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

mutt2jeff posted:

Edit: typed tundra for some reason

Your Tacoma's on a tundra!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

mutt2jeff posted:

It's a 2007 Tacoma

I put a bit over 500 miles on a 2013 Tacoma this morning. I don't think much has changed since yours and they are just solid trucks. A bit down on power, even with the V6, but extremely sure-footed and comfortable.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
It's definitely slow, especially compared to my modified mini. But I am certainly enjoying owning my first truck and playing around in it. Will make a great adventuring rig with some add on parts. Would like to do some more lighting, roof rack, bumpers, and a tire that's a bit better in the mud.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

meatpimp posted:

I put a bit over 500 miles on a 2013 Tacoma this morning. I don't think much has changed since yours and they are just solid trucks. A bit down on power, even with the V6, but extremely sure-footed and comfortable.

500 miles just in the morning? drat.

SvenLeven
Nov 2, 2004

Everybody's got a price!
Can't wait for the snow to melt to get the Camaro back out. Tired of winter.

Sorry for crap photo quality.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

CharlesM posted:

500 miles just in the morning? drat.

Long story. Bought a Ranger. STS is a piece of poo poo and the dealer's buying it back. Using the Ranger as a filler car until I find something I want. Ranger was ~260 miles away, but will bring a good profit when I'm done.

SvenLeven posted:

Can't wait for the snow to melt to get the Camaro back out. Tired of winter.

Poor Camaro is awash in a sea of suburban SUVs.

SvenLeven
Nov 2, 2004

Everybody's got a price!

meatpimp posted:

Poor Camaro is awash in a sea of suburban SUVs.

She's knows she's special. Such is life in Suburbia.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

AF posted:

Bonus pic of a previous ambulance I worked on with a hilarious feature

They spelled ambulance backwards?

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Sir Tonk posted:

They spelled ecnalubma backwards?

I think this is what you meant.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Two videos of my daily driver lowered race bucket rollbar hardtop miata (Trackday, bro)

Its a $500 exhaust, gently caress off! (Spent the weekend installing a Goodwin Racing miata catback and a test pipe. Thank god for florida not giving a gently caress about emissions.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2MrU-9QDoU

Here is an older autocross video, with more focus on fun to watch camera views than the boring autox videos you are used to. Stay tuned for the third run with a rear facing camera on the front tire, in the rain :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrAsaPf23rY

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Sir Tonk posted:

Forgot to post the Mark VII I got last year. It's still got a very confusing issue in the fuel system, I think, but other than that it runs great.

I've loved these cars since the first time I saw an all black LSC as a kid. I still have an old issue of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords where they used one as a project car. This might sound weird, but does it have a JBL sound system? I always thought the JBL systems in late 80's/90's Fords sounded great for a factory stereo.

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

This Cold Ass Honkey Ain't No Jive Turkey, Ya Dig?
I hosted this cat from Westphalia, Germany named Sebastian through couchsurfing.com and introduced him to the world of the American Land Yacht.

Here he's enjoying the shag carpet.

Listening to Star by Earth, Wind and Fire

En Route to the Flan Fest in Ybor City, Tampa, Fl

Getting the car detailed after sliding around in a sandy beach parking lot to scare the poor guy.

11BulletCatcher fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Mar 3, 2014

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

This Cold Ass Honkey Ain't No Jive Turkey, Ya Dig?

Sir Tonk posted:

Forgot to post the Mark VII I got last year. It's still got a very confusing issue in the fuel system, I think, but other than that it runs great.

'88 LSC with 160k miles and full burgundy interior. Other than the very horrible AOD, which should probably be rebuilt, it's quite fun to drive. Air suspension functions correctly and the Jaguar ABS system seems to be ok as well.

I can't believe they kept the tire hump all the way into the late 80's...

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius
Went on a frozen lake yesterday:

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

afen posted:

Went on a frozen lake yesterday:

This definitely belongs in the Awesome AI thread. That looks like a fuckton of fun. :allears:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Pretty jealous. They cancelled yesterday's ice lake race because it was too cold.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

I bought a thing this weekend:

replaced the TDI with my current commute box.

keykey fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Mar 3, 2014

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Pretty jealous. They cancelled yesterday's ice lake race because it was too cold.

Irony.txt

Though I'm sure it was more so people wouldn't lose digits trying to spectate.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Terrible Robot posted:

Irony.txt

Though I'm sure it was more so people wouldn't lose digits trying to spectate.

Actually the cones explode on impact below -30 Celsius. I went to one a few years ago that was -36 Celsius and marshals were recovering the cone base (as that's the expensive part of the cone) and replacing the shattered bits with a fresh cone.

I think that event was a good two or three hundred dollars in cone replacements alone, even with what they could salvage and remake with zipties and spraypainted plastic.

I'd have gopro video of the cones exploding but the suction cup no longer functions in that temperature and the camera and SD card are technically outside of their operating ranges as well.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Yeah at that temperature often times in a cone vs bumper collision the bumper cracks as well as the cone shattering.

:canada:

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

...So don't hit the cones. :colbert:

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius

TrueChaos posted:

Yeah at that temperature often times in a cone vs bumper collision the bumper cracks as well as the cone shattering.

:canada:

There were bamboo sticks placed around the trac, they were quickly driven over.

Bad quality video, filmed with my cell phone mounted in a holder:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtEKa2bhY7c

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
That looks way too fun!

StraightFace
Feb 9, 2014

drat, that Camaro is sweet man

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

afen posted:

There were bamboo sticks placed around the trac, they were quickly driven over.

Bad quality video, filmed with my cell phone mounted in a holder:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtEKa2bhY7c

My life is incomplete until I do this

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

StraightFace posted:

drat, that Camaro is sweet man

Would you go so far as to say it's a bitchin' Camaro?

VV: my man :smug::hf::smug:

Carteret fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Mar 9, 2014

driguy
Feb 16, 2009

In The Pit!

Carteret posted:

Would you go so far as to say it's a bitchin' Camaro?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v3CzvQ9e_w

Sorry, I had to.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Got a new vehicle on the way from California. Pictures coming Monday.

edit

SouthLAnd posted:

I've loved these cars since the first time I saw an all black LSC as a kid. I still have an old issue of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords where they used one as a project car. This might sound weird, but does it have a JBL sound system? I always thought the JBL systems in late 80's/90's Fords sounded great for a factory stereo.

It's still got the entire factory setup with tape deck, the JBL stuff was added to the lineup a year or two later. It's a decent Ford radio and the speakers sound great for being so old.

I spent a few years looking for one of these in good shape and after owning a fox body Mustang since the late 90's, the extra legroom in the Thunderbird/Couger/MarkVII is totally worth it. Almost everything else is identical and it isn't terribly complicated to swap in a T5. I'm keeping this one totally stock, at least until all the other cars are at a point I'm happy with. There's a couple of Lincoln forums out there and a bunch of old-timers keep them chugging along with their stories of the good ol' days and arguments about how much air to put in tires.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Mar 9, 2014

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
Decided to get rid of my Chaser (haven't managed it yet), so I picked up a 'new' car for the interim until I can get something I really want. For the life of me, I can't tell why you Americans really want Skylines..

This is an '88 R31 Skyline Ti (that means it's a 'luxury model'). Complete with power windows, poo poo-brown interior and sporadically working instrument cluster! Any given time I drive it I can watch the volts fly up, then crash, go from having zero fuel to half a tank or running on a cold engine. At least the oil pressure gauge works. :sigh:

Basically, it's a heavy, slow, uncomfortable, police magnet cheap car for me. Fun to drive though, and I haven't really got any plans for it - hopefully ever.

doogle
May 24, 2003

Summer wheels back on

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Hi friend.

doogle
May 24, 2003

Chinatown posted:

Hi friend.

Blue car + black wheels = best combo

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Here are some photos I took this weekend with my new quadcopter and a Hero3+ Black Edition. If goons are looking for Phantoms, I sell them through my work...

Full size image: http://imgur.com/oLkP05O

Full size image: http://imgur.com/y2Dwdr0

Full size image: http://imgur.com/TJmGum9

The wheels are fifteen52 Tarmacs in a bronze powdercoat with Pirelli P Zeros. It's nice to be back on summer tires :unsmith:

Somewhat Heroic fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Mar 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I'd fly that poo poo into the side of my car within about ten minutes. I don't think I can be trusted with remote control anything.

I just bought this:

'97 (1.8L) Miata with low miles. 1 of only 556 Miatas made for the Canadian market that year. I need to pull the headlight buckets up and fix various small things.