Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

Barrakketh posted:

Serious talk: If all I have is a Carl G and a modern MBT is coming at me. Yeah, I'm taking off my helmet and throwing my hands up.

I'm a sig. If I see artillery or tanks, the first barrage must've missed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

MA-Horus posted:

What's starting to get real old that needs replacing in Reg Force?

Pretty much everyone in NDHQ.

compressioncut
Sep 3, 2003

Eat knuckle, Fritz!

Hizawk posted:

Jesus Christ when are we getting the severance payouts. Some people have had them since like April. Everybody I asked from Gagetown still hasn't received theirs. I'm pretty sure they just burned all our forms so the Gagetown tainted lovely paperwork infects the rest of the countries.

Word is all payouts will be done by end May. 65% or some poo poo done so far.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

acumen posted:

Pretty much everyone in NDHQ.

:drat:

That bad huh? And Shrek the Hi-Pos I used (and in my later career as a REMF I carried one often) were TREMENDOUS pieces of poo poo. It's not the design, they were just worn to bits. Also I hate magazine safeties.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

MA-Horus posted:

:drat:

That bad huh? And Shrek the Hi-Pos I used (and in my later career as a REMF I carried one often) were TREMENDOUS pieces of poo poo. It's not the design, they were just worn to bits. Also I hate magazine safeties.

They're just like any other weapon. If it's maintained and treated well they'll last for a while. All of ours were fortunate enough to be well taken care of and well maintained. Most of the stoppages we had with ours ended when we got new mags.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
When I was overseas we had a few guys who were issued pistols that were basically brand new. They had the new mags, and they were essentially unfired. They worked great.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

There is nothing wrong with the Browning Hi Power as a pistol, its a browning design and John Moses Browning was a wizard. A Gun Wizard. Though I don't like mag safeties.

The ones in general circulation are literally WW2 vintage and are simply worn out. They need replacement.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

MA-Horus posted:

There is nothing wrong with the Browning Hi Power as a pistol, its a browning design and John Moses Browning was a wizard. A Gun Wizard. Though I don't like mag safeties.

The ones in general circulation are literally WW2 vintage and are simply worn out. They need replacement.

Oh yeah, definitely. The ones we had at our units that we qualified on were rattletraps. They should pull some of the 30k pistols we have in war stocks out and replace them instead of only issuing them for deployments.

The recent attempt to solicit bids for a replacement was ridiculous too. Dammit just buy an OTS pistol and have it contracted to Colt Canada. We don't need a loving ~*~*special snowflake*~*~ pistol. There are lots of great pistol designs out there already and our contract isn't big enough for a company to waste millions of dollars in R&D just to hand the TDP over to Colt Canada.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

DrakeriderCa posted:

~*~*special snowflake*~*~

I thought this has been the basis of most procurement projects. We must show the world how Canadian we are or else people might confuse us for some lesser, better equipped force like the US Army or RAAF.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I don't get it. The Navy and the MPs already use the Sig Sauer P228 and they all love the drat thing. Just buy that. Buy more of those. We use them already. They work. We have it in the supply chain.

Army: LOL NOPE LET'S SPEND A BILLION DOLLARS BECAUSE WE HAVE UNIQUE REQUIREMENTS LIKE SHOOTING BULLETS.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer

MA-Horus posted:

I don't get it. The Navy and the MPs already use the Sig Sauer P228 and they all love the drat thing. Just buy that. Buy more of those. We use them already. They work. We have it in the supply chain.

Army: LOL NOPE LET'S SPEND A BILLION DOLLARS BECAUSE WE HAVE UNIQUE REQUIREMENTS LIKE SHOOTING BULLETS.

We need to study what kind of bullets are most effective across a wide range of climates from Alert to Vancouver, and furthermore,

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

That procurement system has also worked out great for supplying us with uniquely special and Canadian equipment like trucks and boots.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Note: Must be equipped with an optical sensor to ensure ONLY ammunition from IVI is used. Any other ammunition may be dangerous and cause damage.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Frosted Flake posted:

That procurement system has also worked out great for supplying us with uniquely special and Canadian equipment like trucks and boots.

And tacvests!

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Eh, I didn't mind the tacvest. If they added a second row of mag pouches to the front of the existing ones but a touch lower, it'd be perfect.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Cpl Bloggins made national news after making fun of Trannies.

http://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/video#294469

2 Arrested in Pet. Don't piss off tranny vets.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Frosted Flake posted:

Cpl Bloggins made national news after making fun of Trannies.

http://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/video#294469

2 Arrested in Pet. Don't piss off tranny vets.

Well it sounds like they got arrested for the threats. Which is ok. But if people start getting arrested for saying they hate trannies, then I guess I'm in trouble.

Frog 1.0
Jun 2, 2001

Now with 33% less Engrish
As long as you say it without your beret on, you're good to go...

compressioncut
Sep 3, 2003

Eat knuckle, Fritz!
West Coast fleet just lost its tanker, I would guess http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/minor-injuries-after-fire-aboard-hmcs-protecteur-1.1708304

The damage may or may not be bad, but it's all museum pieces so WWII-era parts might be hard to get hold of...

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Could someone tall go hang the zero on the "Days since someone was accused of fondling children in the Qs" sign for us? A guy in Uplands got picked up for that today. That's the third alleged sexual deviate they've pulled out of that place in recent memory.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

flakeloaf posted:

Could someone tall go hang the zero on the "Days since someone was accused of fondling children in the Qs" sign for us? A guy in Uplands got picked up for that today. That's the third alleged sexual deviate they've pulled out of that place in recent memory.

What unit?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Not sure, all they're saying is that he's "a reservist". Publication ban on his name.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Just gonna leave this here.

Poor guy is just trying to share his tips and tricks :unsmith:

edit: Good for him. That could've only ended badly.

acumen fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Mar 6, 2014

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

acumen posted:

Just gonna leave this here.

Poor guy is just trying to share his tips and tricks :unsmith:

It's gone now.

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they grow up to become.
What was it?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Some sigs (? Christ I've only been out for a few years and I'm already forgetting this poo poo) guy probably fresh out of training giving lengthy rundowns on how to pack your rucksack, form your beret, cam up, and the merits of the 'tact' vest (not to be confused with 'attack vest').

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Tactical signals training is pretty hardcore, man. What if you don't know how to use the cam spreaders when you're camming your tactical quiet diesel genny?

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Canuck-Errant posted:

Tactical signals training is pretty hardcore, man. What if you don't know how to use the cam spreaders when you're camming your tactical quiet diesel genny?

Poser I bet you've never even killed a man with a PRC-117 before.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Vadoc posted:

It's gone now.

poo poo I needed some good tips :smith:

I bet he was in cadets and everything

Frog 1.0
Jun 2, 2001

I'm forming a new beret before spring start. I'm not sur if im gonna go full out Navy style, chef boyoardy, or Para style.

Edit: There's also: "I'm getting too old for this but im a General and nobody as balls to tell me my beret look like crap style"

Frog 1.0 fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Mar 8, 2014

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Belgian cloth berets from CFSAL store best berets. They don't have the massive over-ear flop poo poo.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Seriously. I had to get mine from the CFMPA kit shop because the issued ones I could pull completely over my head to about my collarbone. It looked like I'd killed an elephant and was proudly wearing its tongue on my head as a trophy.

Frog 1.0
Jun 2, 2001

Getting one or two size smaller and stretching it so it fit on my head seem to be the best way for me not to have it touch my ear.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I've only ordered two berets since 2008 or so but they were both Belgian ones. I thought this was the new normal?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

All the new kids I saw come in had the leather brimmed massive floppy American stupid looking style. But that was a few years back.

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they grow up to become.
I give absolutely no fucks how my beret is formed, I wear the thing once or a twice a week at most any ways.

ub
Feb 9, 2003

no dont
Pillbug
Last couple I ordered from Logistik (around 2010) were really tiny, the sort that barely manages to cover a bald spot at the back of the head. If you didn't cut out the lining there wouldn't be enough material to flop over and it'd just stick out sideways from your head. I think it's hilarious. Haven't worn one in probably well over a year though.

mdivi
Nov 23, 2003

Nothing happen for nothing
I'd like ball caps to be introduced before my 25 years are up, that'd be sweet.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I ordered a turban once and was a little disappointed to find that they weren't pre-wrapped.

I'm not really sure what I expected to happen, though :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Was it cadpat or a solid colour? Also how does that work for those guys in the field? If you'd be able to not wear your helmet in the field I would've became a Sikh.