Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Penalty try for that? Is intent not considered, that just looked unlucky to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Haha @ Hayne "whaaaat nooooooooo"

^ er it was an actual try with a penalty kick awarded

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

aejix posted:

Penalty try for that? Is intent not considered, that just looked unlucky to me

It's foul play in the act of scoring, absolutely clear cut.

edit: yeah clear cut 8 point try not penalty try.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Given how we've played I am ecstatic we're only two behind

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Ewar Woowar posted:

Given how we've played I am ecstatic we're only two behind

Absolutely, if we come back out with more of that poo poo we'll lose by 20.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

Smorgasbord posted:

It's foul play in the act of scoring, absolutely clear cut.

edit: yeah clear cut 8 point try not penalty try.

Sorry I am watching on mute and I'm also dumb as a bag of farts and don't know any of the rules

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Being a Warriors supporter is a painful existence

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Um, we're the tigers, we're expected to lose every game.

Also wow, Lol hayne starts early this year.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Ewar Woowar posted:

Being a Warriors supporter is a painful existence

Come support the tigers, you know nothing of pain.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

I hate this loving club so much

edit: the 15 has attacked Tomkins when he was in the air, surely? Wasn't going for the ball.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

I hate this loving club so much

Burn down Mt Smart Ericsson Mt Smart Eden Park

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Come on that's clear enough - only grounding was short

OH gently caress OFF

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
What the gently caress

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Utter bollocks.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

We deserve to be losing but honestly, what the gently caress is the point of videos refs if they can't make the correct calls when it's obvious

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Argh I think we blew that one unless he somehow got it down

edit: oh that's fine.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
They just watched Hayne run across the entire field there.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

What the gently caress Neilsen

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

That should be a double movement but our defence was so loving bad there I hope the award the try.

We need to wise up quick or we're in for another long season.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

What a loving debacle

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Every team is either poo poo, cunts, or cheats. Disband the NRL.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
So did any of our teams not get horribly thrashed this week?

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Sports Argument Stadium* > Rugby League 2014: Every team is either poo poo, cunts, or cheats.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Sports Argument Stadium* > Rugby League 2014: group suicide details in OP

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Community support group

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Tigers are a pack of sloppy poo poo lords.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Hahahaha the eels fans in my Facebook feed have posted no less than thirty articles in the last hour. Taking screenshots now because the shadenfreude will be awesome later.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Let them have their fun. Poor fuckers just got released from a Ricky Stuart hostage situation.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

:toot:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

ili posted:

Let them have their fun. Poor fuckers just got released from a Ricky Stuart hostage situation.

They invited the talent-vampire in, they get no sympathy for what he did to them whilst he was there.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
Didn't get to see the brisbane game as I was serving wine to the union bourgeoisie at suncorp.

How poo poo was Hoffman?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Robbie Fowler posted:

Didn't get to see the brisbane game as I was serving wine to the union bourgeoisie at suncorp.

How poo poo was Hoffman?

His kicking game was quite special.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

Smorgasbord posted:

His kicking game was quite special.

heh.

I did get to see your match Smorgasbord, and what a collapse from Manly.

Just didn't want it in that second half.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Hey the Leeds-Huddersfield game was a blast! Also it ended it a tie because League in the UK still is not completely free from the shackles of soccer, I guess. And it was a good tie, too, not like the Manly/Melbourne game.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Robbie Fowler posted:

heh.

I did get to see your match Smorgasbord, and what a collapse from Manly.

Just didn't want it in that second half.

The avatar is from a mystery benefactor, Manly are a stain on human history.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Robbie Fowler posted:

How poo poo was Hoffman?

He put the poo poo in shite.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
I'm out of town and the internet connection where I am is a bit dodgy so I probably won't be checking any video until the weekend. Can anyone cover what the major problems were for us yesterday (other than lol everything).

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Jono C posted:

I'm out of town and the internet connection where I am is a bit dodgy so I probably won't be checking any video until the weekend. Can anyone cover what the major problems were for us yesterday (other than lol everything).

Defense most obviously out wide both sides, but the right edge was worse, and less obviously up the middle where their shithouse pack got ridiculous metres. Also the reffing in general was atrocious but it was so bad both ways you couldn't really unravel the actual effect. Our spine had very little impact offensively, not helped by a lot of poor handling all around (goddamnit Sione Lousi hold onto the loving ball).

Also the Sharks v Titans match is predictably turning into a sooky oval office whine-off between Gallen and Bird.

edit: Don't check the video man just be thankful you dodged a bullet like that Raiders thrashing I missed a couple years back.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Smorgasbord posted:

Defense most obviously out wide both sides, but the right edge was worse, and less obviously up the middle where their shithouse pack got ridiculous metres. Also the reffing in general was atrocious but it was so bad both ways you couldn't really unravel the actual effect. Our spine had very little impact offensively, not helped by a lot of poor handling all around (goddamnit Sione Lousi hold onto the loving ball).

Also the Sharks v Titans match is predictably turning into a sooky oval office whine-off between Gallen and Bird.

edit: Don't check the video man just be thankful you dodged a bullet like that Raiders thrashing I missed a couple years back.

What was the right-side configuration? My guess would be Johnson/Bukuya/Tuimavave/Fish, on the assumption Bukuya bumped Mannering over to the left. Johnson is what he is, I have no idea what Bukuya's like on defence, I don't care much about Tuimavave (and Henry would probably be a better option if healthy) and Fish can do his job.

I'll take your advice and avoid looking for the video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Gallen injured.

• Locked thread