Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

goatface posted:

Well, at least they probably won't get the spoon this year.

France just look like a team that's never played together before.

You do realise that this means France will absolutely destroy Ireland next week. It's the French way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Vaders Jester posted:

The depressing thing is that without the Huget interception, France would be nowhere near winning this game.

Or if Scotland were making those kicks.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Here it is. Kick in the last two minutes.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Oh what the gently caress.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
France in no way deserve this, but Scotland really need to look at those kicks. They've had a good push for a lot of the game, and they were at his extreme range, but they went for them anyway.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Goddammit Scotland.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

God drat it Scotland. :negative:

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Fucksake. loving useless.

Those missed penalties were such a waste. Typical Scotland.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It was a dumb penalty as well. The ref was calling those all day.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

goatface posted:

France in no way deserve this, but Scotland really need to look at those kicks. They've had a good push for a lot of the game, and they were at his extreme range, but they went for them anyway.

I don't know why Scotland went for that last kick, it was too far out for him. Should have put it in the corner and built again.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They could have had it down in the corner, easily taken the line-out (because god knows the French were barely competent today) and driven for the line.

Instead they chose the long kick in conditions where you could see the posts swaying, with a kicker who isn't known for his range. loving dumb.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
I've never heard Proud Scotsman David Denton speak before, but his accent sounds suspiciously south african!

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

Tyma posted:

I've never heard Proud Scotsman David Denton speak before, but his accent sounds suspiciously south african!

Zimbabwe with Scots parents.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I can't believe France are still in with a chance of winning the 6N.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Ireland need to put that French team to the sword cause they're loving shite.

They probably won't though, that's how the six nations works :smithicide:

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

slothrop posted:

Surely the Waratahs could never be the Blues of Australia cos they would have had to win the title sometime in the past to make that analogy accurate?

It'll be accurate next year :smug:

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Ireland need to put that French team to the sword cause they're loving shite.

They probably won't though, that's how the six nations works :smithicide:

I don't know, I think the shitness of this French team is such it may actually break the "which French side turns up" cliché.
It's Ireland's year (at least it's not a Grand Slam).

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
A few thoughts from the Ireland match:

-O'Driscoll's performance yesterday shows how his role within the team has changed.He's not bursting through defences and scoring solo tries anymore,but he's still an essential part of our attack.He knows the exact moment when to give a pass,and his passing and offloading is still sharp.I'd argue that Devin Toner deserved Man of the Match more than O'Driscoll but we all knew who was going to get it.

-Devin Toner's improvement has been incredible.2 years ago he was awful,and I thought he should have been released.His time with Brad Thorne at the end of the 2012 season seems to have worked a miracle with him,as he began improving after that.Now,he's a fundamental part of Ireland's set piece and he's probably been Ireland's best player over the course of the 6 Nations.

-Sexton is just ridiculously good sometimes.He's one of those players that I think could have played wherever he wanted to in the backline.When he gets on the other side of that loop that he loves to do with D'Arcy or O'Driscoll and gets into open space,he looks like a centre.His kicking can still be a little bit...erratic,but he's still the best outhalf Ireland have right now.

-Iain Henderson was a little bit subdued,but I think a bit too much was expected of him due to his performances for Ulster.It might take him a few matches to get used to international level,but it will be worth it.The man's a beast.

-We badly missed players who could steal the ball at rucks yesterday.O'Brien,O'Mahony,Best and O'Connell would usually carry out this role,but with two of them missing and the other two only having average games,there was no one to do this task (except O'Driscoll,but I was only counting forwards).

I hope England-Wales is a good match,it's always one of my favourite 6 Nations games to watch.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Watching the England vs Wales match today with a friend who is English and not really that into rugby.

I've told him the two possible outcomes are Wales get totally trounced by England as we've played poorly so far OR all the talent we didn't put in the other games has been saved for this match and Wales will have a stunning come back performance.

I think that covers all the bases.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Kitchner posted:

Watching the England vs Wales match today with a friend who is English and not really that into rugby.

I've told him the two possible outcomes are Wales get totally trounced by England as we've played poorly so far OR all the talent we didn't put in the other games has been saved for this match and Wales will have a stunning come back performance.

I think that covers all the bases.

3rd option. Both teams massively bottle it and give us a stunning display of northern hemisphere rugby and we all.gouge our eyes out by the end of the game.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

tarbrush posted:

3rd option. Both teams massively bottle it and give us a stunning display of northern hemisphere rugby and we all.gouge our eyes out by the end of the game.

Wales don't really do attritional poo poo when they bottle it any more, now it's more incompetent fuckwittery.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
I am so loving hyped about the incompetent fuckwittery kicking off in less than 40 minutes! :neckbeard:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Wowsers only just saw the France score, we could have been as good as champions yesterday.
making GBS threads myself thinking about going to Paris

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
If Ireland and England finish on 4 wins each, does the trophy go on head to head or point differential?

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

tarbrush posted:

If Ireland and England finish on 4 wins each, does the trophy go on head to head or point differential?

Point differential.

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

lol this mike brown promo. you're a bit psycho, son.

also go wales

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Tyma posted:

Point differential.

Boo. Gonna have to cheer for France :(

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It'll be fine, England will win here by 70+, easy.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
Can't decide whether I want Wales or England to win,so I'm just going to hope it's a good match.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Gdi Bath's last minute tying penalty just dropped a tiny bit short :(

gently caress Gavin Henson and his lovely "tackling".

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

tarbrush posted:

gently caress Gavin Henson

Roobsa
May 1, 2011

tarbrush posted:

Gdi Bath's last minute tying penalty just dropped a tiny bit short :(

gently caress Gavin Henson and his lovely "tackling".

I started clapping because the camera angle made it look like it was good. Then I died inside as I realised it was short.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Will Warburton sing god save the queen?

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

tarbrush posted:

gently caress Gavin Henson

Random Twitter Woman posted:

No

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

the cannon is a bit much imo

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I always think the Opera singers are a bad choice for the anthems. They sing the songs so differently to the crowd.

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

Phowar, that's a scrum.

Roobsa
May 1, 2011

goatface posted:

I always think the Opera singers are a bad choice for the anthems. They sing the songs so differently to the crowd.

Yeah I think a rowdy bunch of punters from the local would be more entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Penalty? Take it from anywhere Danny

• Locked thread