Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SpoonfulofBromide posted:

1) Yes and I'm moonlighting this comic on the side. I always can't wait to get home to do it and then this stuff happens.

2) No, I live with my family.

3) I have to pay rent for living in my parent's house because I'm not going to college just yet. I've been setting aside all extra moolah for this comic.

Alright, and I wanna be clear this is the realest advice I've said in this thread so if you take just one of my posts seriously place make it this one.

Go to college, go to an arts college and learn the fundamentals, learn a valuable art skill so that, if things don't work out with this, you can have a career path to fall back on that while not as 100% satisfying as making a living on a webcomic would be, would allow you to be creative for money. Go to college, move there, live a life on your own and most importantly get therapy. You have to backburner this comic idea for a while. Take one year, one year off learning and working on yourself. and see what changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOnlyStarFish
Apr 22, 2010

"And the fucking pants. Goddammit, the fucking pants. again. If there is anyone on this planet who likes those fucking pants other than you 3 people, they’re probably 5 years old and laugh at anything random."
Thanks to Queen Elizatits for leeting me know I late to my own drama.

Hello E/N, I'm TheOnlyStarFish and I am the artist that SpoonfulofBromide is talking about. I've only read up to page 4 of this thread, and I just can't keep up when people keep editing their post. Sorry.

But I'm here to defend my good name! I'm not going to go into too much detail because I think Spoonful needs professional help and posting all the interactions would be cruel.

Spoonful wanted to launch his comic off the back of a bunch of Drama he had started with some other better know web comic artist. He faked being a trans woman who was obsessed with, the now dead, comic 'Shredded Moose.' He sent crazy tumblr messages to some comic book artist about how Shredded Moose was taken down by a SJW-conspiracy. Proof Spoonful let me in that this was all a joke but now I think its just how he really feels about things.

I told Spoonful to drop the drama bit, and just to start fresh. He agreed but still remained OBSESSED WITH SHREDDED MOOSE. For a few days things were fine, I agreed to do the comic for $25 a comic and 50% of any money that was made off the comic. That isn't A LOT but I thought it could be a cute project to do between other things and could help me network with more people. (something I'm terrible at)

Spoon would chit chat with me a bit (Too much sometimes thought) about the concept for the comic, and I didn't mind. Then would talk day to day things, and I could see my 19 year old self in Spoonful with how dramatic he could be. So I tried to give some advice I wish I would have gotten when I was 19 and very over the top with my emotions. Like I said earlier, I was doing this more to network and make friends with in the web comic world.

This all came to a head Yesterday when Spoonful wanted me to contact the artist behind Shredded Moose, Brian Krumm. I'm still 100% sure what he want to talk about, but he keep saying the Brian wouldn't believe him and would believe me, because I have a professional presence online. But I put my foot down and told Spoonful he need to put on his big boy pants and do this himself. And if Brian turned him down he need to get over it. I don't like contacting people on behalf of myself, there is no way I'm doing it for anyone else.

Spoonful keep switching between being REALLY PUSHY and saying OVERLY DRAMATIC THINGS, some of which you've seen here. I told him he was making me uncomfortable and just to drop it. He said he knew I would block him and leave him like everyone did. Then I told him yes, I was going to. But before I left, I told him to get help.

I never made ANY MONEY from Spoonful, and I drew one little piece of art. He never once sent me a REAL SCRIPT even though he said he had written hundreds.

SpoonfulofBromide, drop this drama and please get help!!

Everyone else, if you have any questions just post them!

SpoonfulofBromide
Sep 19, 2013

by Dire Forums Problem

t3h z0r posted:

Dave the Bucket Bitch: WHO ARE YOU!??!!?

Hero: I'm Gaystraightman

It's wordplay dude. Its not too hard to figure out.

Croc Monster posted:

Um...so how do we know when reading the cartoon that transwoman is trans? Does she have a crotch bulge and five o'clock shadow? Is she wearing a name tag that says "Hello, I am trans" ?

If you made the straightman (as in the cuntvalet-pointed-out comedic straightman) a woman, you could call the strip Transel and Gretel :haw:

Why do you think I'm doing a trans blackface here? I greatly respect trans people since I suffer the same thing they do. There's nothing obvious or subtle to indicate she's trans, she's a woman just like the rest of the population. What's wrong with that? That's how I'd like to feel but no, it's rocky horror ville.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TheOnlyStarFish posted:

Hello E/N, I'm TheOnlyStarFish and I am the artist that SpoonfulofBromide is talking about. I've only read up to page 4 of this thread, and I just can't keep up when people keep editing their post. Sorry.

But I'm here to defend my good name! I'm not going to go into too much detail because I think Spoonful needs professional help and posting all the interactions would be cruel.

Spoonful wanted to launch his comic off the back of a bunch of Drama he had started with some other better know web comic artist. He faked being a trans woman who was obsessed with, the now dead, comic 'Shredded Moose.' He sent crazy tumblr messages to some comic book artist about how Shredded Moose was taken down by a SJW-conspiracy. Proof Spoonful let me in that this was all a joke but now I think its just how he really feels about things.

I told Spoonful to drop the drama bit, and just to start fresh. He agreed but still remained OBSESSED WITH SHREDDED MOOSE. For a few days things were fine, I agreed to do the comic for $25 a comic and 50% of any money that was made off the comic. That isn't A LOT but I thought it could be a cute project to do between other things and could help me network with more people. (something I'm terrible at)

Spoon would chit chat with me a bit (Too much sometimes thought) about the concept for the comic, and I didn't mind. Then would talk day to day things, and I could see my 19 year old self in Spoonful with how dramatic he could be. So I tried to give some advice I wish I would have gotten when I was 19 and very over the top with my emotions. Like I said earlier, I was doing this more to network and make friends with in the web comic world.

This all came to a head Yesterday when Spoonful wanted me to contact the artist behind Shredded Moose, Brian Krumm. I'm still 100% sure what he want to talk about, but he keep saying the Brian wouldn't believe him and would believe me, because I have a professional presence online. But I put my foot down and told Spoonful he need to put on his big boy pants and do this himself. And if Brian turned him down he need to get over it. I don't like contacting people on behalf of myself, there is no way I'm doing it for anyone else.

Spoonful keep switching between being REALLY PUSHY and saying OVERLY DRAMATIC THINGS, some of which you've seen here. I told him he was making me uncomfortable and just to drop it. He said he knew I would block him and leave him like everyone did. Then I told him yes, I was going to. But before I left, I told him to get help.

I never made ANY MONEY from Spoonful, and I drew one little piece of art. He never once sent me a REAL SCRIPT even though he said he had written hundreds.

Aw lawdy, close it, goldmine, we're done.

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

TheOnlyStarFish posted:

How did you stop laughing at this whole thing long enough to type all these coherent words

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

TheOnlyStarFish posted:

"They all say I'm mad but I'm not mad!"

Get help.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Why do you think I'm doing a trans blackface here? I greatly respect trans people since I suffer the same thing they do.

I'm going to guess that most trans people aren't narcissistic teenagers with a chip on their shoulder.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So to be clear the 'professional contact' he wanted your help making was with Shredded Moose guy to...do what? Show him his comic?

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

TheOnlyStarFish posted:

First Aaron Rodriguez is involved, now Brian Krumm? Just how far up does this go?

and how much do you want for the ideas you stole?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Wait he originally said you had the ability to help him 'work through trauma' or something, where does that play in?

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Maybe he's in love with the Shredded Moose guy and he's uncomfortable with himself having feelings for a dude?

TheOnlyStarFish
Apr 22, 2010

"And the fucking pants. Goddammit, the fucking pants. again. If there is anyone on this planet who likes those fucking pants other than you 3 people, they’re probably 5 years old and laugh at anything random."

Tatum Girlparts posted:

So to be clear the 'professional contact' he wanted your help making was with Shredded Moose guy to...do what? Show him his comic?

I think he wanted to re-host it and then maybe take it over and start it up again. Spoonful was very vague to me, just like he is here.

chapstickie
Apr 30, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Op posted about Shredded Moose a lot in the terrible webcomic megathread and in other threads as well so I'm guessing it's just a weird stalker thing. Lots of therapy would probably help.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
This is a skin suit situation isn't it?

TheOnlyStarFish
Apr 22, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Wait he originally said you had the ability to help him 'work through trauma' or something, where does that play in?

I have no clue! He wanted me to contact Brian for him, and basically say "hey Spoonful is an alright guy so just believe whatever crazy message you just sent him." I think y'all all understand why I said no.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

TheOnlyStarFish posted:

I think he wanted to re-host it and then maybe take it over and start it up again. Spoonful was very vague to me, just like he is here.

What are you talking about, spoonful of medication has been very lucid and clear, a testament to their writing ability. They have, like, SO MANY IDEAS that you're just itching to steal, you artist!

(SpoonfulOfBromide get help. Eat the pills and get better)

SpoonfulofBromide
Sep 19, 2013

by Dire Forums Problem

Only Starfish, I hate you so much. You don't think anything in my life is real. You don't know me so stop trying to define me.

I worked so loving hard on my comic and you piss all over it.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Only Starfish, I hate you so much. You don't think anything in my life is real. You don't know me so stop trying to define me.

Get therapy.

TheOnlyStarFish
Apr 22, 2010

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Maybe he's in love with the Shredded Moose guy and he's uncomfortable with himself having feelings for a dude?

Maybe. But I think Spoonful is Autistic and this obsession is part of it. My brother is also autistic and obsessive about things in this way.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Hey you know what is actual therapy for GID? Therapy! There are literal doctors who focus on this field, like there exists a dude who's entire professional life is helping people with gender identity problems, you should find that man near you.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

You have nothing to show for it, you haven't done any of the actual work.

SpoonfulofBromide
Sep 19, 2013

by Dire Forums Problem

TheOnlyStarFish posted:

Maybe. But I think Spoonful is Autistic and this obsession is part of it. My brother is also autistic and obsessive about things in this way.

You know what, thanks for selling me out. I never said your name ONCE in this thread because I respected you despite these loving mind games your playing with me

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Dude you are fixating and obsessing, classic signs of something not going right in your mind. You aren't thinking clearly and are being irrational. At this point, nothing we say in this thread is going to benefit you in any way. Please seek professional help.

CravingSolace
Mar 3, 2012

I think she knows your need for therapy is real.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Also I wanna be clear you actually haven't 'worked' on this comic. You've thought of jokes, which is fine but that's nothing working to the comic. Your 'work' is going to pay someone to do things for you. Is that what you want your legacy to be in the world? On your tombstone it to read "Here lies Bromide they paid a person to draw things"?

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

You know what, thanks for selling me out. I never said your name ONCE in this thread because I respected you despite these loving mind games your playing with me

Her name was two-three clicks away from your insano ramblings, if Eliza didn't hit her up one of us probably would have

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

the more you post, the more you will cringe and roll your eyes at your own posting when someone dredges this up at some point later in life.

stop. stop it now.

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

I know this forum is full of hosed up retards who think Princess Peach is either everything wrong with the world today or an empowering display of the change in social mores depending on which videogame title we're talking about, but daydreaming about a webcomic isn't "an outlet to stand for trans issues".

TheOnlyStarFish
Apr 22, 2010

You can say my name, you kind of already did. Someone used info you posted here to email me. How do you think I found this thread? I don't troll SA forums looking for you.

BTW, this is me http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3610228&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post425980156

Automatonic Water
Jul 8, 2012

dig thru the ditches
and burn thru the witches
and slam in the back of my.........
.........DRAGULA

Yams Fan
Please check yourself into a mental hospital. Or take your 50,000 dollars in savings or whatever ridiculous amount you said you had, and move the gently caress out of your parents' house so you no longer have an excuse to do absolutely nothing of worth about your crippling mental issues.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Also I wanna be clear you actually haven't 'worked' on this comic. You've thought of jokes, which is fine but that's nothing working to the comic. Your 'work' is going to pay someone to do things for you. Is that what you want your legacy to be in the world? On your tombstone it to read "Here lies Bromide they paid a person to draw things"?

The OP is filling in the Ryan Sohmer role of comic-making.

TheOnlyStarFish
Apr 22, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

He could wax about it forever but I never got scripts! He showed me some of his art, and for all his faults he is talented enough to draw his own comic. I told him this a bunch but for reason he needs to pay someone else to do it.

SpoonfulofBromide
Sep 19, 2013

by Dire Forums Problem

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I wrote a whole script for up to 200 comics, I knew she wasn't going to do it because she was doing planning to screw me over in the end.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

I wrote a whole script for up to 200 comics, I knew she wasn't going to do it because she was doing planning to screw me over in the end.

Sounds like a good topic to bring up with your therapist, who you should get.

I HATE PINK BIKES
Feb 15, 2012
Instead of burning books John Campbell should've just linked this thread.

SpoonfulofBromide
Sep 19, 2013

by Dire Forums Problem

TheOnlyStarFish posted:

He could wax about it forever but I never got scripts! He showed me some of his art, and for all his faults he is talented enough to draw his own comic. I told him this a bunch but for reason he needs to pay someone else to do it.

You're evil. You live to hurt me. I never even called you a bitch or anything for the way you're treating me. You don't care about my feelings, you just want me locked away.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Tatum Girlparts posted:

This is a skin suit situation isn't it?

e: :gonk:

You're evil. You live to hurt me. I never even called you a bitch or anything for the way you're treating me. You don't care about my feelings, you just want me locked away.

Please stay safe, TheOnlyStarFish.

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

Oh cool, your self insert is psychic?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Dude you need to start being introspective and look at your own place in all of this and the things you could have done to have improved and changed the situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

holy poo poo get off the internet you weirdo

• Locked thread