Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Obama is a terrible actor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
The interview GraPar posted implied they pretty much did it all in very few takes, maybe even one.

I mean I agree he was pretty stiff, but in that context he didn't do a bad job.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

jyrka posted:

Obama is a terrible actor.

Please, call me Barry.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Please tell me Obama, at least once in the interview, used his famous catchphrase "Hee hee, dah, shamon, anyone got any little boys around here?, dah, where's bubbles?, shamon, where's Lisa Marie, shamon."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Poopy Palpy posted:

Really, Choctaw, jeans? I know you know someone who could have told you how to dress nice when you're going to go meet the president.

I've met the President (humblebrag). Saucerman is looking way, way better there than I did in my BudgetMax Men's™ Discount Suit Wholesaler ensemble. Plus, he was working. Not every director can be Paul Feig.

Do you think he worked in a casual "...this country's in a lot of trouble" on set?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I just saw that Do They Know It's Christmas Time? video in iTunes and watched it again. I know everybody's busy and there's more CBB content than ever, but man I wish CBB still did stuff like that every once in a while.

That reminds me, I might actually have money this summer if CBB goes on tour again. gently caress yes. CBB and Grimes are the two things I'll put up with staying in a lovely, probably overpriced hotel to see.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

quote:

Did he pitch jokes?
I don’t think the president has to pitch jokes, he just says jokes and we enjoy them.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

JethroMcB posted:

I've met the President (humblebrag). Saucerman is looking way, way better there than I did in my BudgetMax Men's™ Discount Suit Wholesaler ensemble. Plus, he was working. Not every director can be Paul Feig.

Do you think he worked in a casual "...this country's in a lot of trouble" on set?

Of course he looks better; he's from television. He's got a symmetrical face.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

A cold snap came through.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I love u, Geno.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I love u, Geno.
I'm done talking I'll shut up after this point.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Geno is such a good character with a live audience

whiggles
Dec 19, 2003

TEAM EDWARD
Did anyone else pick up that Besser was really not feeling Brauner? I was picking up on so much tension during the ep.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I wasn't feeling Braunger. He stepped on people's jokes a lot.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Yeah Braunger was pretty garbage in an otherwise good show. I don't really like him that much at the best of times but he seemed like he was trying to WIN THE SHOW or something.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I think Matt Braunger is a great comic and a bad improviser, and Besser's more esoteric character kind of threw him for a loop. He was great with Geno, because the conceit of his character is fairly simple.

whiggles
Dec 19, 2003

TEAM EDWARD
Oh yeah, I definitely agree that Braugner wasn't helping the improv out much. He seemed surprisingly nervous and it got worse as the show went on. I just felt like Scott and Gabrus did their best to make the whole thing work while Besser got frustrated and decided to just sit back for the last half.

A more logical conclusion would probably be that Besser simply ran out of things he could ask to have.

whiggles fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Mar 14, 2014

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pyFXaeG3TA&t=459s Is that James Adomian? It doesn't really look like him and he's not bouncing off the walls, but it sure as poo poo sounds like him.

also yall should watch the Chris Gethard show.

Production
Jun 11, 2001

Conduit for Sale! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pyFXaeG3TA&t=459s Is that James Adomian? It doesn't really look like him and he's not bouncing off the walls, but it sure as poo poo sounds like him.

Yeah, he wears that pillow belly and goblin mask when he plays Jesse live.

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST
Jul 19, 2006

mea culpa

That's Adomian; if you look closely, he's not really bald, there's a touch of Hollywood magic going on there.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

GimpChimp posted:

That's Adomian; if you look closely, he's not really bald, there's a touch of Hollywood magic going on there.

:aaaaa: Holy poo poo you're right! Man, for a public access show, they have incredible special effects.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

omg new episode rules

binwin711
Oct 18, 2013

Politicalrancor posted:

omg new episode rules

Babe...

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Someday I'll get tired of the Bachelor Brothers but that day is not today.

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
The original 'We came out loving' moment is one of the best CBB moments.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Ovo posted:

The original 'We came out loving' moment is one of the best CBB moments.

PFT deciding, for whatever reason, to cap off his cackle with a "MY WIFE" just makes it magical.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

The other day, without realizing it as I was doing it, I busted out an "Iiiit's beeeeen" in a car with someone else who doesn't even know what Comedy Bang Bang is. They said it and it just came out. I didn't even try to explain it, was just like "I'm sorry, let's move on."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

cams posted:

The other day, without realizing it as I was doing it, I busted out an "Iiiit's beeeeen" in a car with someone else who doesn't even know what Comedy Bang Bang is. They said it and it just came out. I didn't even try to explain it, was just like "I'm sorry, let's move on."

A coworker was on the phone the other day and she started a sentence with "It's been a while since..." and I came thisclose to doing that myself.

Extended exposure to CBB may engender conditioned responses.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

JethroMcB posted:

Extended exposure to CBB may engender conditioned responses.

There's a show on TLC called "My Five Wives". Even when it's just on the guide I can't help myself.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

My five former girlfriends whom I married

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Every weekday night lights.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I think Two Thumbs & Not Much Else might be my favorite episode of last year, if only for "Herbie: Portrait of a Serial Killer". And Scott & Ben singing Skid Row. And the titular line. And basically everything else about that episode.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Mob posted:

When you gently caress as much pussy as Todd does you can let yourself be the butt of the joke now and then.
Todd prefers the company of men

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I think Two Thumbs & Not Much Else might be my favorite episode of last year, if only for "Herbie: Portrait of a Serial Killer". And Scott & Ben singing Skid Row. And the titular line. And basically everything else about that episode.

From a deli owner that's a rave.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Right there with you. The entire episode has a crazy energy that never falters.

epitasis posted:

From a deli owner that's a rave.

Anything American: Rock & Roll. Blue Jeans. Commercials for rye bread.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

"Herbie: Portrait of a Serial Killer" may have tickled me most out of anything ever said on CBB.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

ManoliIsFat posted:

Todd prefers the company of men

Who doesn't!

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Poopy Palpy posted:

Who doesn't!

Todd seems a little festive to me.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I heard he likes a tastefully lit room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Speaking of Todd he's on the latest Doug with High, not feeling the other guests that much though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAD30GGkaco