Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

leica posted:

You checking out my woman BITCH?

more like the sweatiest hipster

edit: oh gently caress new page... this might be gold, but also has some pretty sketchy hallmarks ("I'm told it needs a distributor cap" like you can't get one for $5, no title, etc):

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/4367294331.html

Pham Nuwen fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Mar 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

That car looks really happy to be there.

Also, what the gently caress? Is that Pinkman's car?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

leica posted:

You checking out my woman BITCH?

That guy and Dave Chapelle should start a support group.

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.

Pham Nuwen posted:

edit: oh gently caress new page... this might be gold, but also has some pretty sketchy hallmarks ("I'm told it needs a distributor cap" like you can't get one for $5, no title, etc):

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/4367294331.html

Yeah that's puts the car in $800 territory for me. I have to plan on only being able to part it out when I find out there is a lien on the title and the owner is dead with pending debts on the estate. Not replacing a $5 part to make it a running car before you sell it is the biggest WTF warning there is.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Citycop posted:

Yeah that's puts the car in $800 territory for me. I have to plan on only being able to part it out when I find out there is a lien on the title and the owner is dead with pending debts on the estate. Not replacing a $5 part to make it a running car before you sell it is the biggest WTF warning there is.

Yeah; if I were closer I'd be interested enough to pull the cap off my Lark and go over just to mess with him. "Oh it needs a distributor cap? Well it just so happens I have one here... You don't want to try it? Why not?"

I mean, it takes about as much effort to order a new cap from Rockauto as it does to type that sentence about the distributor cap, and then you have the mystical "runner". Assuming he's not doing the typical Craigslist "ran good just needs a tune up" thing and the motor is shot.

Edit: I mean poo poo, he's only a few miles from Studebakers West, one of the only Studebaker shops on the west coast. I'd push the bastard down the street to them, get it running, and sell it for an additional $2000.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Pham Nuwen posted:

edit: oh gently caress new page... this might be gold, but also has some pretty sketchy hallmarks ("I'm told it needs a distributor cap" like you can't get one for $5, no title, etc)

Ugh, thats really clean. Even if the motor is toast, you could easily swap in something else to make the "resto-mod" or whatever people call it now.

Just the title poo poo is a pain in the rear end. I am kind of willing to do the leg work of getting all the paperwork lined up (its online, pring it off, take it in with 10 bucks) if they want to just go to the DMV. I remember I lost the title to my old car once and it was a 10 minute process to walk in, hand them a check and walk out with a new title.

The ones that truly know the title is hosed usually just don't deal with it.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Maybe gold?

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/4368453984.html

Seems cheap, and "needs an intake and air filter" seems sketchy.

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

Showroom quality Fiero for $1600? I think your being baited by a nigerian.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Not me, I just window shop by doing craigslist searches by year, or the words "Rare" or "Invested" for comedy.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/4370919983.html

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer
Super rare factory turbo Mirage. Cheap too!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/ctd/4367266217.html

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

BoostCreep posted:

That looks cool. Growing up, one of my dad's friends had a turbo Colt (same car). It's a 4G63 I think. That car was pretty quick and a lot of fun, and also a constant source of swearing and tears.

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

wank wank you're a pro vaper I'm not wooptiedoo...

keykey posted:

Oh cool, a '97 850 for $3250, DO NOT get this car. I'm going to assume you're living in the bay area from the CL posting, let me familiarize you with this little bastard right here formerly called Appendix J which has since been renamed so people can't find it as easily that smog techs are seemingly unaware of: http://www.bar.ca.gov/80_barresources/ftp/pdfdocs/appendix_j.pdf

Essentially it'll fail smog because of open monitors all day, every day. Additionally, you'll need it to fail 2 times before you take it to a referee station. Did I mention that you'll also need a letter signed from the original smog technician that states monitors won't clear even though it's on Appendix J? No? Well, you'll need that too. On that same subject, you'll never be able to get a smog technician to sign anything so you'll have to wait an additional week to show due diligence that you've tried. Now that we have all that out of the way, you can take it to a referee station and it'll pass smog. I had to go through that poo poo twice before I sold my 850 at golden gate auto auction just to get rid of it. But, hey, hope that 850 works out for you..

That is *so* brutal I have never heard of this list. I was wondering if I would see 1996 Mitzibooshi Eclipses on here, I had major problems getting mine to pass (even while paying a bribe to bypass visual) but it had the 420a.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

BoostCreep posted:

I have a feeling that the "transmission work well" as long as you double clutch into 2nd. My dad owned 2 of those and the synchros were always dead on second gear. Still, I would love to find one of the previous generation ones. The older boxy body looks way better.

I might have posted about this car before, but this thing is really pissing me off

WTT/ WTS 1988 MR2 Supercharged 4A-GZE Clean RWD - $4200 (Seattle)

I know this guy paid ~$3k for the car(it was listed on the mr2oc) and I was about to pick it up myself before it got sold. Pretty sure it is still registered in Oregon, since he nicely does not show the plate and the PO never transfered the title to Washington. I just don't get the mentality of someone who would buy a car just to try and trade it for something else.

slurry_curry fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Mar 13, 2014

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.
I'm glad I don't have a place to put this thing, or I might go buy it.
http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/4370851690.html

"Price is very negotiable"

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Here's a Volvo in almost exact opposite condition. It's down the street from a guy I know and is totally pulling at my heartstrings. I lusted for these in highschool in the margarine yellow:

http://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/4372500353.html

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

So, some dude offered me a straight trade, my 1996 Suzuki Bandit 600 for his Labrador 143 with a 55hp Johnson outboard (trailer included):

Goddammit man, having a little boat to tootle around in would be awesome. And very expensive, I'm sure.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Nah not necessarily. My family has an old straight 6 i/o Wellcraft Elan that's taken nothing but oil and gas since like 1987 and it still pulls great when we take it out for the summer

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

KozmoNaut posted:

Goddammit man, having a little boat to tootle around in would be awesome. And very expensive, I'm sure.

At least it's fiberglass. I spent 3 weeks every summer for the better part of 10 years prepping, sanding, staining, then sealing my parents Chris Craft. Nothing is a bigger pain in the rear end and maintenance nightmare than an old wood boat.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
That's a cool looking little boat
- A guy who knows nothing about boats

The only thing I really know about boats is that outboards are at least easier to work on (though absurdly expensive to buy new).

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

dreesemonkey posted:

That's a cool looking little boat
- A guy who knows nothing about boats

All boats suck and are expensive pains in the rear end.
-- A guy who has own several (sail)boats with outboard motors.

dreesemonkey posted:

The only thing I really know about boats is that outboards are at least easier to work on (though absurdly expensive to buy new).

Easier than what? The space shuttle? Sure they are simple, but every single one of those fuckers is haunted by Indian ghosts.

Also, you have to set up a saw horse and a trashcan of water to actually test them. If you work on them in while attached you will end up dropping your carb in the lake. I guarantee it.

Make friends with boat owners. Never be one yourself.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Boat owner ship includes the day you bought it and the day you sold it.

With that being said, my old crestliner needed nothing other than oil, gas, and other "basic" repairs which included winterizing, keeping the lower unit full of fresh fluids, and an distributor rebuild (new points, weights, condenser, etc). The Mercruiser Alpha series has been around since the dawn of time and are easy to deal with. Other brands are a "proceed with caution"

Outboards are haunted by voodoo, leprechauns-not the good kind, the ones that want to kill you, and Satan himself. When outboards run correctly, they pull like a loving freight train and never stop. When they don't work, you might as well kill yourself.

ShadowStalker
Apr 14, 2006
As a former boat owner, listen to Tai-Pan's advice. Boats are fun but expensive to own and operate. Unless you plan on going out on it every weekend (all boat owners plan this but never do, so really think about your planned usage), don't get a boat. You can usually rent a boat and it will be cheaper than if you bought one. You could take monthly fishing charters and still pay less than your boat loan/gas/maintenance would be each month.

If you have a friend with a boat and they invite you along, chip in for gas, bring the ice and drinks, help them clean up the boat afterwards. It's much cheaper for you and they will really appreciate it. Plus you will get invited back multiple times if you do this.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Yeah, I skipped on the boat.

One of my colleagues has an old wooden fishing dinghy that we've pootled around the harbor for fun in. It's much better for sailing out and getting drunk in, plus I don't have to maintain it.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

If you want to get into sailing, head down to the local club and see who needs crew for racing. Someone always needs crew, and from what I've seen sailors are happy to welcome & teach new people. Bring beer and you will be forever loved.

exempt
Dec 10, 2006
RARE JEFF GORDON S-10

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/4370859545.html

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Hahahahaha, "Would drive it anywhere!!"

To each their own, buddy.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

Oh man that is awesome. A 20 year old truck with 157k is totally worth 4500 because NASCAR

Screenshot for posterity:

The steering wheel cover is pretty goddamn :911:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

quote:

Not many look like this...

Thanks christ

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL CARS AROUND
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/2007-mazda-cx-7-troy-lee-design-phobia/572992898

quote:

This is a standard Mazda CX7 that has been painted and modified to one of the most beautiful cars around...
This is a fully loaded CX7 including a Turbo, AC, Sun Roof, Custom wheels, Nav System, two DVD's plus much more.
Modifications include;
Exterior - Custom paint by Troy Lee Design, Paint material by PPG, Window tinting by A-1 Tinting.
Suspension & Brakes - Suspension mods by Eibach Springs, Cross drilled brake kit by Wilwood Engineering, Custom brake fabrication by JD Performance
Wheels & Tires - 20" Volk Wheels, 255/45-20 Yokahama Tires
Interior - Custom leather seats by Katzkin, Custom TLD Floor mats
Audio & Video - In dash Navigation, Back up Camera, Headrest DVD (2)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
At least the black widows are just painted on... For now. :(

Snaxxor
Jan 18, 2005

cool giraffe with
cool sunglasses

rarbatrol posted:

I'm glad I don't have a place to put this thing, or I might go buy it.
http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/4370851690.html

"Price is very negotiable"

Should let me get that, my 96 camry just ate the water pump, and its got more cosmetic damage than i'd like to deal with.

Came in here looking for some gold I could drive away, was willing to drive about 200 miles to pick something up if you guys caught a tickle from it.

Think that ride is in good mechanical condition? Maybe I can jack that guy down to 2 grand and throw in 50 bucks to you to come check it out with me on Sunday if he still has it.

Edit: dont know if he still got it, but he reposted it with a lower asking price.

Snaxxor fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Mar 15, 2014

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

Snaxxor posted:

Should let me get that, my 96 camry just ate the water pump, and its got more cosmetic damage than i'd like to deal with.

Came in here looking for some gold I could drive away, was willing to drive about 200 miles to pick something up if you guys caught a tickle from it.

Think that ride is in good mechanical condition? Maybe I can jack that guy down to 2 grand and throw in 50 bucks to you to come check it out with me on Sunday if he still has it.

I think that's owned by a TurboBricks member. I seem to recall it from trolling the for sale section recently.

e: if he says the price is very negotiable then pull out $1500. I bet he would bite.

Snaxxor
Jan 18, 2005

cool giraffe with
cool sunglasses
If hes still got it, I plan on picking it up tomorrow. For fear someone else might and my situation fits it nicely. Camry dead, just got a sweet fuckin new job starting Monday and I have access to about 2 grand.

gently caress I was gonna throw out $2500 for a clean 96 Camry again, but this makes me feel warm.

E: hes still got it, claims someone gonna look at it sunday at 2:30pm and some bullshit about first come first serve. So i'll be there in the morning.

Snaxxor fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Mar 15, 2014

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I don't understand all the Volvo love in this thread. I like that they are square shaped but I have always associated them with minivans and very not-cool.

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

wank wank you're a pro vaper I'm not wooptiedoo...
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/4369170203.html

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Citycop posted:

I don't understand all the Volvo love in this thread. I like that they are square shaped but I have always associated them with minivans and very not-cool.

Is there a practical people-and-stuff hauling vehicle that isn't very not-cool in your opinion?

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

Snaxxor posted:

Edit: dont know if he still got it, but he reposted it with a lower asking price.

I can't buy it, I really don't want to deal with trying to park two cars in my neighborhood. But anyway, it's probably in good condition - I get the impression it was the guy's pride and joy for a while.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Citycop posted:

There is nothing uncool about a car that will last for an infinite amount of time with decent maintenance. You also have the option of making it go fast fairly easily. Win/win!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Those lights actually look like they belong there. It helps to look like the donor car in the first place