Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Metropolis also doesn't have the fat stacks of cash larger, non-scene labels would have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

teethgrinder posted:

That's why I was confused. I thought The Birthday Massacre were A-list, for Metropolis.

Acts like Mindless Self Indulgence and Juno Reactor are the A-List for Metropolis.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I'm constantly surprised Juno Reactor still exists. I loved a bunch of their albums and then they sort of just seemed to disappear.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I'm constantly surprised Juno Reactor still exists. I loved a bunch of their albums and then they sort of just seemed to disappear.

After the Matrix movies I assume he decided to kick back for a while.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Cleopatra is why a lot of Pig's early work is currently unavailable. If I were a rich man I'd buy the rights and publish them digitally at a loss.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Project Pitchfork are back at Infest this year. Somehow last time they played I managed to drunkenly miss their entire set aside from the encore, so I'm going to try not to do that this time!

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Project Pitchfork are back at Infest this year. Somehow last time they played I managed to drunkenly miss their entire set aside from the encore, so I'm going to try not to do that this time!

:woop: Came here to scream about this! Oh man you missed out so much, they played every single one of my favourites last time and I got to touch Peter's arm! :holy:

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I'm disappointed I missed them at Kinetik last year. Wish they were on the (Toronto) bill this year. They're pretty much the last band on my bucket-list at this point.

edit: not electro-industrial, but I saw Ned's Atomic Dustbin in London last year, knocking off the other last band. Holy poo poo what a show. Never seen such a crazy concert pit, and my fiance and me were probably the youngest people there at 27 & 31.

Yup. I went from british-indie to electro-industrial in my major musical tastes. Brief spurt of 90s techno in between.

teethgrinder fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Mar 7, 2014

copshootcop
Aug 4, 2013

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Obscure band time! If you like EBM, you should listen to Groupe T because they're not very well known, but sound amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kt-HjH3qaE

I guess we need a full blown Trot created EBM project to counter act all the Neo-folk discussion in this thread.

*edit
Still pretty awesome.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Well gently caress ME Front Line Assembly is FINALLY playing in Finland this summer and if all goes according to plan I'll be in Germany when it happens :cripes:

On the other hand if all goes according to plan I'll get to see Project Pitchfork play in a loving castle and possibly have the chance to make a short trip to WGT to catch FLA and some other bands, so there's that. But I just really wanted to see FLA's first (I think?) Finnish gig :qq:

Edit: this will be the third time I'll have to miss one of my favorite bands playing in Finland due to me being in Germany. FLA gets to join KMFDM and Covenant. It's kinda significant in a way because we just don't get bands like these here all that often.

Edit: Woah, looks like Laibach is playing Spectre pretty much in its entirety apart from The Parade and Just Say No! on their current tour. What a bummer they're skipping Finland this time around :(

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Mar 9, 2014

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began

sethsez posted:

This is exactly what I would expect from a Kompressor performance.

What else *could* you expect from a goon? I can't remember if he was a goon at the time, but he eventually posted an ask/tell about his time as Andreas K.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Guys, I think I have a problem. I unabashedly love Malhavoc and am really excited to see them come back at Kinetik.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdbnI9zlej8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1N47CmxH4k

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Here's some baseless speculation for the UK goons but Ambassador21 just posted tour dates on Facebook with two mystery dates where the location is TBA. The first of which is 23/08/14, possibly playing infest?

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Puntification posted:

Here's some baseless speculation for the UK goons but Ambassador21 just posted tour dates on Facebook with two mystery dates where the location is TBA. The first of which is 23/08/14, possibly playing infest?

That would be pretty cool. Saw them once years ago and they were really good.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Edit: Woah, looks like Laibach is playing Spectre pretty much in its entirety apart from The Parade and Just Say No! on their current tour. What a bummer they're skipping Finland this time around :(
Yeah, pretty much! There was kind of a buildup, they performed the most interesting songs (i.e. the good old ones) towards the end. Only in the encore there was "Tanz mit Laibach" and a few other oldies, and that was clearly what the crowd got the most excited about. They can apparently still do it, they just don't want to...
I saw them and it was a bit artsy and incoherent, but I guess it came together a bit at the end. They really could have made a better show out of the new album though.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Speaking of Laibach- Spectre is pretty loving good isn't it?

I only saw them once. It was for the Jesus Christ Superstars tour in a little art gallery outside of Detroit. I think there were maybe 100 people there. It was both awesome and sad.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Holy gently caress is the new Diary of Dreams album some of the darkest and heaviest poo poo they've ever done or what :stare:

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Mar 14, 2014

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

For other UK guys in the thread, hows this for depressing: MNS are closing next month.

:smith:

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Babby Sathanas posted:

For other UK guys in the thread, hows this for depressing: MNS are closing next month.

:smith:

Yeah, I saw that - really sucks. Is there anywhere else UK based that sells a good selection of industrial CDs?

Edit:

Here is a pretty awesome Comaduster cover of the theme song from True Detective

https://soundcloud.com/comaduster/far-from-any-road-covered-by

Danger - Octopus! fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Mar 18, 2014

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
UK people, Test Dept are doing a thing next weekend and said some things about it.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Holy gently caress is the new Diary of Dreams album some of the darkest and heaviest poo poo they've ever done or what :stare:
Nice. Reminds me a lot of their .com/kill side project, which was one of the more underrated albums of last year and also :black101:

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
Apparently Psyclon Nine's drummer and guitarist have both quit.

I was surprised that they got another album out after the whole debacle of not shipping merchandise because Nero was having a serious drug problem, and now the exact same thing is happening again and his bandmates decided it was the last straw.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I know combichrist isn't a thread favorite but his last album came out recently. I don't have an opinion yet.

e: I like it so far

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Mar 25, 2014

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

High-Functioning Flesh are pretty great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNgp0Oa0aMs

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

unpacked robinhood posted:

I know combichrist isn't a thread favorite but his last album came out recently. I don't have an opinion yet
I keep holding out hope that he really will make good on his claims that he's tired of playing Combichrist, the offensive character, and that the next Combichrist album will be an Icon of Coil release in all but name.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

Halloween Jack posted:

I keep holding out hope that he really will make good on his claims that he's tired of playing Combichrist, the offensive character, and that the next Combichrist album will be an Icon of Coil release in all but name.

It's a Panzer AG release in all but name.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Pope Guilty posted:

Genuinely can't tell if this came out in the mid 90s or this year.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Icon of Coil is so bad though. If I'm not dead enough for life, am I alive enough for death? There's only way to find out...

Pope Guilty posted:

This is great. That's a great name, too.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Pope Guilty posted:

Woah, this is rad.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Twiin posted:

Well now I'm interested.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Twiin posted:

I wish this was the case. For anyone who's interested it's streaming on the metal hammer website (http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/stream-new-combichrist-album-we-love-you-right-here/). I found it kind of boring and didn't bother listening to more than 4 tracks though so maybe don't bother?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

If you dig HFF, their record is very limited edition, though they're also offering digital download, both to be released Sunday. Here's their bandcamp.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Has anyone found a digital purchase link for the new Atari Teenage Riot that hit Japan today? I know its going to be terrible (http://vimeo.com/87634826) but I still gotta buy it.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

magiccarpet posted:

Has anyone found a digital purchase link for the new Atari Teenage Riot that hit Japan today? I know its going to be terrible (http://vimeo.com/87634826) but I still gotta buy it.

I'm still pissed off they cancelled their gig in the UK I had tickets for twice, fuckers. It sounds really bad judging from that vimeo (I'm still gonna buy it as well).

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Has anyone mentioned 3 Teeth in the thread yet? (http://www.earmilk.com/2014/03/25/3-teeth-lure-you-into-consent-video/) They've only put out like 4 tracks but they've been releasing lots of remixes and videos to promote themselves, which has done a great job of making me syked about their eventual future releases.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Puntification posted:

Has anyone mentioned 3 Teeth in the thread yet? (http://www.earmilk.com/2014/03/25/3-teeth-lure-you-into-consent-video/) They've only put out like 4 tracks but they've been releasing lots of remixes and videos to promote themselves, which has done a great job of making me syked about their eventual future releases.

Any music video that features cuts from Arise! is okay in my book.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

3̤̱͕͢ ̱̣͕̜̀͟͜T̹̜̗͈̠̼̀Ę̶̻E̵̢̤̩T̢̡͕̦̥̦͍̟̳̩ͅH̰̼̺͎ are pretty great, though I could do without the Zalgo in the name. Guess that's the next step once unicode characters are passe.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
I look forward to this new Zalgo thingy being combined with the previous trends in l33t sp34k, profanity, retarded sexuality, fake german, and bands with "terror" in the name until we get T̥̻3̮̪̗̩͙R̗͓̗̹R͇͎͈͙͍͓0̲̥̬͎͈͙̜R̫̮͖̥̻F͓̯͕̜͔͈̼U̟̙̫̲̺̗̗K͉͔͕̫̺̗T̼͚

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
My band is called M͇̕͟͞Ą̛̗̻͎͇͡N͕̳̬̞͍̙̕̕͟Ụ̟̪͞F̶̶̟͓̰̝̼͠Ą̥̼͓̱̘͚͎Ç̞͈T҉͖̗̳̯̻͚͕̩E̖͇͕͈̥͖̱̭R̡̛̩͚R҉̙̞͙̀͠O̖͕͡R̨̙̮͘

That's supposed to be "Manufacterror" because that's a cool industrial band name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
I feel like there's a crucial element of barely-veiled misogyny that we're both missing. Oh, and racism, if we can work that in somehow.