Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dirtyfrog
Apr 15, 2003

The Fantastic Fapping Frog
Leaving it last minute, what's our Fantasy F1 game of choice this season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoArmedMan
Apr 1, 2003

I just noticed the thread for the whole 2004 season was 17 pages. We were a lot more efficient back then.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

NoArmedMan posted:

I just noticed the thread for the whole 2004 season was 17 pages. We were a lot more efficient back then.

It's not like there was much to talk about in 2004.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Fag Boy Jim posted:

I think we were much more at each others throats in those old threads- these days, most of us are at least somewhat united in despising RBR/Vettel.

Vettel brought us all together. Even as close as two years ago we hated each other and El Hefe was on any decent persons ignore list.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Fag Boy Jim posted:

It's not like there was much to talk about in 2004.

Coincidentally last season was the first season since 2004 where we didn't have a part II thread

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I can't believe racing is back :pervert:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
please embed this in the thread https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpXwV3woHi4

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Gozinbulx posted:

Let's do this poo poo.

Whoever said the F1 ios app had a horrible ui wasn't kidding.

Same on Android, buggy as poo poo - glitchy in places, text warps on menus, it's loving mad. The only thing they've got right is the reduced price from the previous years, but still.. I baulk at paying more than 99p for any app :v:

Not sure I'll bother until they sort the bugs out. Half the races I won't get to watch live anyway, and I can't see a definitive feature list that answers my 'can I retrospectively view a race on the timing app' question.

Have past versions of the 'funky' app allowed for that? For reference, the last time I bothered to use a live timing app was when it was still totally free and didn't have the track layout gimmick lark in it.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Nice thread title OP :smug:

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

ATTENTION AMERICAN F1 GOONS WITH CABLE

GRAND PRIX IS AIRING AT 10 O'CLOCK TONIGHT ON TCM.

DVR/WATCH IT FOR SOME AMAZING VINTAGE GRAND PRIX ACTION.

THAT IS ALL.

E: Le Mans starring Steve McQueen is airing right now as well.

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Mar 14, 2014

lotharr
Dec 24, 2003

Sorry Mark, we have no idea what's wrong with your KERS mate...

Great OP, loves it.

I will be at Qualifying tomorrow and then on IRC for the race while I watch Ch 10 and Webber poo poo all over everyone and everything Red Bull related (you know it's going to happen)

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013
Sooooo Renault are acting confident http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112888

Teams are allowed to run full power. They're claiming all the software bugs have been ironed out on the dyno... We'll have this confirmed as soon as practice gets going.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

lotharr posted:

Great OP, loves it.

I will be at Qualifying tomorrow and then on IRC for the race while I watch Ch 10 and Webber poo poo all over everyone and everything Red Bull related (you know it's going to happen)

I really don't think it will. Webber's not a dickhead, and even if he hates Helmut Marko with good reason he's probably still good buddies with 95% of the team and is still being paid to do corporate events for them like Coulthard, so he's not going to slag them off.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
One hour!

lotharr
Dec 24, 2003

Tsaedje posted:

I really don't think it will. Webber's not a dickhead, and even if he hates Helmut Marko with good reason he's probably still good buddies with 95% of the team and is still being paid to do corporate events for them like Coulthard, so he's not going to slag them off.

Yeah I know :(

God it would be hilarious though :)

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

lotharr posted:

Yeah I know :(

God it would be hilarious though :)

I wonder which driver me ma's going to fall madly in love with now "that nice Mr. Webber" has retired

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Can everyone repost their predictions for the new thread. It makes laughing at your terrible opinions much more fun.

Don't look at mine from last year....

My predictions, for posterity:
A Renault powered car does not podium before race 6

Hamilton to win wdc, merc wcc
Button stays classy but the new kid gets the points
Vettel matures in adversity and becomes worst thread moral sweetheart
Alonso drags another shithouse Ferrari to places it doesn't deserve
Massa has a good first half, but drops away as Williams can't keep up the dev pace
Kamui gets points
Chilton doesn't
Bldr lives up to his namesake, no points until race 3
Force India win a race
Sauber continue their slide into the back markers

lotharr
Dec 24, 2003

Tsaedje posted:

I wonder which driver me ma's going to fall madly in love with now "that nice Mr. Webber" has retired

If she's similar to my wife then it'll be either Button or Alonso to be honest.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
For those of us in the US, NBCSN is doing a pre-season show 30 minutes before FP1, which will air!

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
The last "previous thread" link is broken because it says ?ttreadid instead of just one 1.

Also this poo poo is actually on TV unlike Elementary (ACC Basketball :argh: ) and maybe even live!

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

lotharr posted:

If she's similar to my wife then it'll be either Button or Alonso to be honest.

I can't share Jense with my mum, that's a step too far.

HAIL LORD ZLATAN
Jan 2, 2011
:siren:Caterham is running a big black dong now:siren:

marsisol
Mar 30, 2010
They're showing a special on Sebastian Vettel right now on NBCSN on how he's so likable.

I advise that you goons stay away.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

marsisol posted:

They're showing a special on Sebastian Vettel right now on NBCSN on how he's so likable.

I advise that you goons stay away.

The Red Bull marketing team are like that kid that gave himself a 'cool' nickname so everyone would think he was cool

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Tsaedje posted:

The Red Bull marketing team are like that kid that gave himself a 'cool' nickname so everyone would think he was cool

Lotus' marketing team, meanwhile, is like your dad trying to be cool, except that your dad recently lost a lot of money and it's really sad and you hear he's started to have health problems

marsisol
Mar 30, 2010
I dunno, I hate that Vettel wins all the time as much as the next guy, but he does seem like a genuinely nice and down to earth person. All of his interviews are pretty good.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

marsisol posted:

I dunno, I hate that Vettel wins all the time as much as the next guy, but he does seem like a genuinely nice and down to earth person. All of his interviews are pretty good.

He actually does which makes me hate it more that he acts like a whiny rear end in a top hat on the track so much

also he's boring

Grayly Squirrel
Apr 10, 2008

Holy poo poo the off season is finally about to be over. Looking forward to drinking a tall glass of red bull tears.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
Seems I missed the first page, but I'm sure I would've just brought you guys down.

As seems to be tradition now, I've had my customary pre-Aus GP podium dream and it'll be ROS, HAM, MAS. Ferrari won't make the top 5, RAI will retire.

P1 in a matter of minutes!!

:getin:

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

:siren:FOR THOSE WANTING TO DO FANTASY:siren:
I set up a group over at FantasyRacers.com
Group name: SomethingAwful Racer Goons
Group ID (needed to join) : 1417
Group password: chiltonwdc
Join up!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

just a reminder that i used to get into pages-long tantrums with el hefe and here we are, in 2014, both supporting alonso. vettel did a good thing i guess.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

well, FP1 show just started on SKY

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

djssniper posted:

well, FP1 show just started on SKY

NBCSN is doing a top 10 stories count down!!

10 was the new engines

9 is the driver changes

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

enri posted:

Half the races I won't get to watch live anyway, and I can't see a definitive feature list that answers my 'can I retrospectively view a race on the timing app' question.

Have past versions of the 'funky' app allowed for that? For reference, the last time I bothered to use a live timing app was when it was still totally free and didn't have the track layout gimmick lark in it.

Yeah, you can watch back timing on races after they've finished, so you can sync it up if you are watching recorded. You can also pause it live, if you pause during a race on sky or whatever, its pretty cool.

Main problem I found was if I was watching late, opening up the timing without it spoiling the result was drat near impossible :argh:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

pik_d posted:

NBCSN is doing a top 10 stories count down!!

10 was the new engines

9 is the driver changes

8 is williams using mercedes engines

7 is will force india be consistent with their lovely drivers??

6 is will grosjean be able to lead lotus successfully?

pik_d fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Mar 14, 2014

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
TLTIJA speculating that Lotus won't be making an FP1 appearance.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Great OP, Tsaedje.

:ohdear:

Come on Super Seb!

(I'm bound to fall asleep, it's half one here)

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

pik_d posted:

8 is williams using mercedes engines

7 is will force india be consistent with their lovely drivers??

6 is will grosjean be able to lead lotus successfully?

5 is where will mclarens changes take the team

4 is how telling is mercedes preseason form

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Seeing the results on NBCSN, it always tickles me that Max came 23rd out of 22 cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Spaced God posted:

:siren:FOR THOSE WANTING TO DO FANTASY:siren:
I set up a group over at FantasyRacers.com
Group name: SomethingAwful Racer Goons
Group ID (needed to join) : 1417
Group password: chiltonwdc
Join up!
On that note, make sure you join up for the Grand Prix Predictor http://gppredictor.com/league/join/code/985b413878aaac9eb0118f806cc9f52d there's 45 goons so far.

• Locked thread