Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I genuinely didn't really enjoy last week's episode but this episode is amazing. I think I might be over the super ridiculous campus wide things but this was so funny.

I mean I was entertained but I never really laughed super hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

I actually felt the opposite. This one definitely had some good moments but as an episode it felt all over the place.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Man that Dean moment. Holy poo poo. That was absolutely incredible.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
What the gently caress is up with McHale? He's looking swole as poo poo. He was practically busting out of that shirt in tonight's episode.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
It was an ok episode...

But this scene literally, (LITERALLY) made me stop the show and I started crying I was laughing so hard... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fSW3vmRpV0

Alhara
Aug 21, 2007

Tuxedo Jack posted:

It was an ok episode...

But this scene literally, (LITERALLY) made me stop the show and I started crying I was laughing so hard... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fSW3vmRpV0

I laughed almost all the way through the credits sequence.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Ehh, I found this episode really boring. I already don't even remember any of the jokes.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Haha yaaay Spencer did great! Probably because that's how he is in real life.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Brocktoon posted:

What the gently caress is up with McHale? He's looking swole as poo poo. He was practically busting out of that shirt in tonight's episode.

McHale has always been like that as far as anyone can tell.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Tuxedo Jack posted:

It was an ok episode...

Every time he goes "Barack Obama is SCAAAAAAAAAARED OF ME" I loving lose it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Okay, this is my favorite permutation of OSG's thread title gag.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I thought this was an amazing episode from start to finish. I laughed more at this ep than any so far this year.

I like that they addressed the Troy thing, and I hope it goes somewhere good.

Really, REALLY liked this episode

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This is the first time we've seen Pavel since Season 3's documentary episode. Good to see him again.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
I thought Anthony was amazing.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Tuxedo Jack posted:

It was an ok episode...

It gets better with every viewing. I'm crying from laughing so hard. I almost never catch Community anymore but drat I'm glad I did this week.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Tuxedo Jack posted:

It was an ok episode...

Holy poo poo, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. I love how the beat drops at the end and he goes acapella.

Hughmoris fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Mar 14, 2014

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Brocktoon posted:

Guy played football in college. The people like that I know all stayed in shape, and they aren't even on TV.

Also, I feel like an absolute moron for not spotting Vince Gilligan until the flashback scene at the end.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Be some drat fine foreshadowing if all of these EVERY----s are building up to a finale with Gary Oldman. War is afoot (or something suitably small-scale for Greendale). All the departments must be mustered. Robert Patrick and Nathan Filion reprise their roles as the leaders of various departments, and at a moment requiring some serious force mustering, in walks Greendale's former Law professor with a rousing EVERYONE.

I don't know about you guys, but I've got a pretty strong feeling that won't be how it turns out.

Tirranek fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Mar 14, 2014

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Tirranek posted:

Be some drat fine foreshadowing if all of these EVERY----s are building up to a finale with Gary Oldman. War is afoot (or something suitably small-scale for Greendale). All the departments must be mustered. Robert Patrick and Nathan Filion reprise their roles as the leaders of various departments, and at a moment requiring some serious force mustering, in walks Greendale's former Law professor with a rousing EVERYONE.

I don't know about you guys, but I've got a pretty strong feeling that won't be how it turns out.

All I ask is his reveal is from behind an open door.

:unsmigghh:

conrack
Oct 4, 2006

Tuxedo Jack posted:

It was an ok episode...

Holy poo poo...I'm about to watch the episode now and I am so excited for that scene

Caufman
May 7, 2007

olylifter posted:

Guy played football in college. The people like that I know all stayed in shape, and they aren't even on TV.

Also, I feel like an absolute moron for not spotting Vince Gilligan until the flashback scene at the end.

Who plays his milfy wife? I swear I've seen her before, and it's sticking to my craw.

edit: Found it, Gina Gershon.

Caufman fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Mar 14, 2014

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I can't tell if score of the Jeff/Shirley/Chang/Hickey subplot was an homage to Sneakers or a direct pull of one of the tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o62_zWzm0fI

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Wow, another killer rapisode I'll definitely remember fondly. I like where this season is going !

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

That was just precious. Great episode, and I loved what they did with Vince. Also, Jim Rash is some kind of minor deity.

I'm also happy to hear about the Blu-ray release. I hope that the series gets a sixth season, concludes with a movie (I mean, they did have it in the trailers :v:), and we finally receive the Community Complete Series Blu-ray boxset.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Holy poo poo this was a legitimately awesome episode. Not as great as the Pierce funeral one, but still. A couple things made it work:

1)No homages
2)Kept to 2 plots and didn't jump around like crazy
3)Let Jim Rash steal the show

Also Vince Gilligan! In an episode with a plot that is vaguely Breaking Bad-esque! And Gina Gershon! drat Gina is looking hotter these days than she did like a decade ago.

I really hope Brie Larson sticks around because she's super :3:

1st AD fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Mar 14, 2014

Keevon
Jun 11, 2002
You know maybe instead of being an angry nerd and writing your paper about how poorly notch wrote a multi million dollar game you could try being productive and write your own game but properly and show him whats what:qq:

Subterfrugal posted:

I can't tell if score of the Jeff/Shirley/Chang/Hickey subplot was an homage to Sneakers or a direct pull of one of the tracks.

Was thinking the same thing. I actually thought my roommate was watching Sneakers in the other room for a while.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman

Tuxedo Jack posted:

Holy poo poo, the Dean Pelton rap. I don't think I've ever laughed that hard at this show.

Look at Britta's face at the end.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

JayMax posted:

Look at Britta's face at the end.

I laughed harder at Britta's face at the end than I did at the rap.

Genetic Toaster fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Mar 14, 2014

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Man that episode was a complete shocker - much like Asian Population Studies - in that it was one I had heard nothing about. It wasn't to my knowledge a huge theme episode, and there wasn't buzz about it, and there was no real "hook"... It was just a spectacularly well written episode. Maybe the funniest of the season. Totally hilarious.

Dean Pelton walked in in that costume, saying he was going to rap, and I got ready to roll my eyes. drat.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Tuxedo Jack posted:

It was an ok episode...

The Dean's finest costume yet :staredog:

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
Requesting a gif of Abed and Anthony's smile exchange.

Also, kind of a big reveal that Chang smokes pot? Actually, based on his behavior, I wouldn't be surprised if it was synthetic.

superjew fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Mar 14, 2014

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Subterfrugal posted:

Homage. It's closest to the score during the flashback at the beginning of the movie, but that one's higher and faster and a bit more complex than this repeated signature. It was uncanny, though, I had to actually dig out my copy of Sneakers to tell for sure.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
You can tell by the way they cut away to reactions during the Dean's rap that McHale or Gillian probably lost their poo poo for a split second.

Jim Rash is a funny dude.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Tuxedo Jack posted:

You can tell by the way they cut away to reactions during the Dean's rap that McHale or Gillian probably lost their poo poo for a split second.

Jim Rash is a funny dude.

Gillian looks toward the camera at the end of the shot where the Dean runs away and she's clearly about to break.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Been wondering if Colorado law changes would affect the show, I guess so!

Great ep, and anything Gina Gershon has my vote. I'm now hoping this this means that she's working on a show with Vince G. I dearly love Gina in ANYTHING she's done, and was a bit creepily obsessed with her for a while.

In one of my few celebrity encounters one of her directors/costars told me she was "a potty-mouthed skank" that smelled like cigarettes. That only made me love her more.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

MrAristocrates posted:

Gillian looks toward the camera at the end of the shot where the Dean runs away and she's clearly about to break.

You can also see Joel's face tense up in profile and he very obviously turns to follow the Dean's exit for an extra beat or two to compose himself. I don't know how anyone in that room held it together through that.

(Actors trying desperately not to corpse is one of my favorite things ever.)

kazmeyer fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Mar 14, 2014

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

This is in my top 3 episodes of community from the entire run. Absolutely loved this episode.

The dean rap
Abeds one-liners
Annies brother
Brie Larson
Vince gilligan
Breaking bad with text books

Holy poo poo this is exactly what I love about Community

occipitallobe
Jul 16, 2012

big mean giraffe posted:

Man that Dean moment. Holy poo poo. That was absolutely incredible.

I don't think I've laughed that hard at the Dean since at least the air conditioning thing. The episode was amazing but holy poo poo the Dean's rap was a hard act to follow.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.
Ratings held at the series-low 1.0 for the third straight week, with 2.89 million viewers. Parks & Rec pulled a 1.1 with 2.73 million viewers, for comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

TealShark posted:

Ratings held at the series-low 1.0 for the third straight week, with 2.89 million viewers. Parks & Rec pulled a 1.1 with 2.73 million viewers, for comparison.

America just doesn't like good TV half the time.

• Locked thread