Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

nutranurse posted:

America just doesn't like good TV half the time.

Are you really saying that in the fifth season thread of Community after Dan Harmon's return while we're looking at a very possible sixth season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Twee as gently caress posted:

Are you really saying that in the fifth season thread of Community after Dan Harmon's return while we're looking at a very possible sixth season?

And... you think that's due to its good ratings?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Can anyone make out the writing here apart from "Illiterate? Write us for help!"?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Illinois Smith posted:

Can anyone make out the writing here apart from "Illiterate? Write us for help!"?

First line starts "Due to recent budget cuts literacy"... I am guessing at "literacy" since it makes sense in context of the last line.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I think it actually says "library hours will be reduced."

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

"Illiterate? Write us for help!" :allears:

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

TealShark posted:

Ratings held at the series-low 1.0 for the third straight week, with 2.89 million viewers. Parks & Rec pulled a 1.1 with 2.73 million viewers, for comparison.

Meanwhile, The Big Bang Theory has been renewed through 2017. The world is not a fair place.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

MrAristocrates posted:

Gillian looks toward the camera at the end of the shot where the Dean runs away and she's clearly about to break.
you're crazy that's just what she looks li-

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!
Between the Dean's rap and Abed Cageing there better be an entire disc with nothing but outtakes when they release the season 5 DVD. Also Vince Gilligan and Spencer did great, especially considering that neither of them has done any acting before.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Caufman posted:

Who plays his milfy wife? I swear I've seen her before, and it's sticking to my craw.

edit: Found it, Gina Gershon.

Wow, I figured it was her, but then I was "no way, she's way older than that woman".

Illinois Smith posted:

you're crazy that's just what she looks li-

She's clearly biting her lip in an attempt to not laugh. I'd not be surprised that was an actual free style that Rash dropped on them without the cast knowing what was going to happen.

HenessyHero
Mar 4, 2008

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:
Good lord that rap. This show's been on fire lately.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

kazmeyer posted:

You can also see Joel's face tense up in profile and he very obviously turns to follow the Dean's exit for an extra beat or two to compose himself. I don't know how anyone in that room held it together through that.

(Actors trying desperately not to corpse is one of my favorite things ever.)

I want to believe that only Rash's script had the actual content of the rap and everyone else played off it.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Does anyone have a link to all the between the takes videos? I can't find the ones for episodes seven or eight

Or episode four (that's the pierces funeral one right)

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Did you try, like, NBC.com or Hulu?

edit: Gillian's pronunciation of "cache" :sigh:

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
Here's hoping we get to see Abed and Annie's handshake evolve over time, That was one of my favorite moments in this episode.

The Libearian
Nov 24, 2007
Return your books or face mauling
The little conversation Anthony had about the after life really tickled me.

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!

ladyboy pancake posted:

Here's hoping we get to see Abed and Annie's handshake evolve over time, That was one of my favorite moments in this episode.

If you want more of it there's always the season one finale.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

ladyboy pancake posted:

According to twitter they just did it on the fly.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
I don't really think the rap was clever, maybe it was just because of the Payday costume, but I laughed harder at the Dean's rap than I have for any other episode.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It was the way he looked as he ran away in that costume that sealed it for me.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

My favorite thing was how effortlessly he switched between 80s style "my name is _____ and I'm here to say it's fun to rap in a ______ way" and the bit where he morphed into Eminem at the end, which already makes Jim Rash better at freestyle rapping than 99% of white comedians.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Brocktoon posted:

What the gently caress is up with McHale? He's looking swole as poo poo. He was practically busting out of that shirt in tonight's episode.

He's always been super-ripped but I've been noticing that he's wearing a lot of much tighter stretchy shirts this season, which I'm very grateful for.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Young (and foreign) goon here, were these VCR games really A Thing ? I don't find much on the google.

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006

Kuiperdolin posted:

Young (and foreign) goon here, were these VCR games really A Thing ? I don't find much on the google.

I definitely played one. They didn't quite take off like Gina Gershon predicted though. I guess people realized that if you wanted to combine video and games you could just have video games.

Woden
May 6, 2006
They were advertised a fair bit in Australia and I saw them a lot in video rental places but never knew anyone who got into them. Seemed like a fad companies tried to start but no one gave a gently caress so it died pretty quick.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Kuiperdolin posted:

I've played 2. I remember some haunted house themed one that was like a simpler version of the cowboy one. There were responses and code phrases and bad stuff happened if you didn't say the right things or maybe if you said them last.

There was one based off the gargoyles cartoon. It was just a normal board game but characters would pop up and declare that the next player misses his turn or goes twice or whatever.

They failed for a lot of reasons. There's basically no replay value, and it's harder to relax and talk since you have to pay attention to the tv.

Brassherald
Feb 3, 2012

Wait, I'm the one who calls people buttheads!

Kuiperdolin posted:

I had a Star Wars one back in the day, it had more of a board, but VCR games were around for some time.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Kuiperdolin posted:

Yup!

The Nightmare series was great (And was later made into a DVD Board game, Atmosfear.).

I've also played a Clue one, a Three Stooges one, and a Star Trek: TNG one.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kuiperdolin posted:

Yes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvm1XwgyMy0

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

thexerox123 posted:

The Nightmare series was great (And was later made into a DVD Board game, Atmosfear.).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRMphkKF3M0

Those instructions :psyduck:

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

Yeah, having been roped into playing Atmosfear before, if nothing else this episode nailed the absurdity of these games.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Atmosfear ruled. It was actually very popular here in the UK!

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
Well, with all these links I know what I'm doing next time I can't find anything on television.

DRAW!

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Kuiperdolin posted:

There was one where everyone left the Enterprise for some reason except you and Q.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

The Berzerker posted:

His name is Spencer Crittenden. He was in the audience at Dan Harmon's podcast and volunteered when Dan was looking for a dungeon master for a D&D game. From there, he became a regular on the podcast for about a year, eventually got a job as Dan's assistant, and also got this role on Community.

e: he's also heavily featured in Harmontown (the documentary) which just premiered at SXSW and is about the podcast tour that they all went on last year.

It's pretty amazing how all of this just resulted from raising his hand at the right time.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman

So this is basically parcheesi?

HellaClassy
Dec 15, 2006

tinstaach posted:

It's pretty amazing how all of this just resulted from raising his hand at the right time.

As soon as they cut to he and Annie in the kitchen, I got really excited. I've heard almost all of Harmontown (at least the ones after they started podcasting it) and it's such an awesome timeline that you can actually follow and listen to with this guy who just fell rear end backward into it. Dan Harmon could write an amazing pilot based on Spencer's story because it really is sitcom-esque. And he's so chill about it all too.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I'm on Harmontown #18 or #19 right now, where he's talking about his anxiety issues and how his brother lost a testicle to cancer :smith:

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Wait until you listen to the latest SXSW episode, it's pretty :unsmith:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Looks like the rap wasn't completely unscripted/freestyle :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puDSF0pOSoo

• Locked thread