Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The Merc engines had a meatier exhaust note than the Ferrari's or Renault's. One of the Torro Rosso cars sounded like poo poo and I thought the motor was going to grenade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

I only heard the new engines for the first time today, I didn't want to hear them on a lovely youtube video, but just on the TV it'd be likely I'd watch 99% of the races on... caught a repeat of the tail end of FP2 after work, it's different but I kinda like it. Vroom!

Right, I'm heading off to bed.. when I get up, quali will only be a short way away.

Team Hamilberg WDC 2014

:buddy:

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
So jelly of you lads in Melbourne :australia: right now. :colbert:

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Ugh, I have to be at work at 7, and qualifying is at 2. I'm going to hate myself so much.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Ugh, I have to be at work at 7, and qualifying is at 2. I'm going to hate myself so much.

Same.

I'll just DVR'd it.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Keyser S0ze posted:

So jelly of you lads on not the opposite side of the world right now. :colbert:

Fixed for my feelings.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

darth cookie posted:

Mate and I were walking down the pitlane on Thursday and we stood in front of the Ferrari garage. There were distinct differences in the wings they'd given Kimi and Alonso. We figured that part of the time difference was because they were testing different parts in practice.

Alonso may well be faster than Kimi, but I can't see him being slower than Massa.

If Kimi stays half a second behind *and* Massa starts winning races, Alonso's reputation is gonna go supernova

Ecstatic
Sep 30, 2010
I don't live here but my experience with Melbourne weather is that the weather man sticks his head out of the widow, gets on the telly and shouts "I dunno, rain I guess???"

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Ecstatic posted:

I don't live here but my experience with Melbourne weather is that the weather man sticks his head out of the widow, gets on the telly and shouts "I dunno, rain I guess???"

Melbourne's known for highly variable weather, there's been a few drops of rain today for me in the eastern suburbs and I'm guessing it'll be a rainy qualifying session.

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR024.loop.shtml#skip
The track's just above the St Kilda marker below the centre.

I'm thinking I might head into the track tomorrow (general admission) - most years I just watch it on TV but I should really go in person at least once.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
Jessica Michibata sighted.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

oh, FIAT, is that how you pronounce Daniil's surname?

Also what was that piece of car in the Merc?

I loved the no timed lap thing that was going on

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Kuh-VEE-yat?

No news on what Rosberg had.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The onboards are nuts for showing the amount of never ending corrections going on. These cars may sound a bit limp but they're certainly brutal.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Also Marcus Ericsson and Caterham are god awful.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Cars sound awesome and wow, they sure do move about.... like going back 30 years to the last time turbos were in F1.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
ahahaha holy gently caress Grosjean is loving mad as hell

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

LOL Big John Le RAAAAGE.

NOTHING IS SOLVED!!!

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Poor guy. It's good seeing these guys show some passion! Of course if that was Vettel we'd be calling him a whiny bitch.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Eh, in that case Vettel's whining would actually be warranted so I don't think he'd get too much poo poo for it. It'd be a lot funnier if this was happening to him, though.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Button : "A Dog bit me when I was four years old, left quite a scar; any suggestions?"

Pit : "Roger Jenson, we're looking in to it."

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Vettel having all kinds of trouble keeping that car on the road.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
What happened to "rain in 10 minutes"?

mulligan
Jul 4, 2008

I typed random avatar and this happened.
Vettel : "It's horrible, undrivable"

I'm spurtin' here!

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

So where's Whitmarsh these days? Is he even at Melbourne?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Kilmers Elbow posted:

So where's Whitmarsh these days? Is he even at Melbourne?

He hasn't even been to the factory in weeks from last reports. Big Ron said its an issue between him and Whitmarsh and its a private matter that he'll sort out in due time and blah blah no more comment.

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013
Not sure anyone else has noticed, but it looks like the Renault engines are rev limited to 12000rpm. Vettel was doing his qualy practice and that's as high as the revs were going. If they're losing 3000rpm to the mercs and ferraris, they'd be losing a lot of power.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Vettel parked between Kevvyaatt and Le'Vergne in the time sheets :fap:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I seriously doubt Lotus will be able to complete a qualifying session with both cars, let alone get into Q2

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

You Am I posted:

I seriously doubt Lotus will be able to complete a qualifying session with both cars, let alone get into Q2

NOOOOOOOTHHHINGGGGGG ISS SOLLLVVVEEEDDDD!!!!!

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013

You Am I posted:

I'm hoping that there's some sort of massive prang in quali ala Spa '98, and GJ laps the field in 1st gear :/

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

hm. Red Bull designed side pods for everyone on the grid. Learn something newey every day

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
I feel a bit bad for Caterham having a crap engine on top of everything else to do with their cars, but if if means i get to hear Grosjean yelling over the radio and the Vettelsreich is at bay for a few months then i'm all for it.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Sky's coverage is so loving cringeworthy. What a bunch of twats.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
This interview between the Red Bull drivers is killing any excitement for the season that I had.

rpop
Dec 17, 2003

noveo@ace

Just a reminder to play Guess The Grid again, it's my favorite of the predictor things I forget about after the first two races.

PoopSok
Jun 5, 2005

Just lemme eatcha, one time
Ay yi yiiii
Man 7 pages already, awesome work on the OP, OP. And the thread title is the best (for the worst)

Haven't been able to see any of the coverage, but I just read "Like many out in the final ten minutes, Vettel was caught up by a tail wind at Turn 9 that buffered his car and went him running wide."
Was that as awesome as it sounds?
:toot:
gently caress yeah 2014 F1 finallyyyyy

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

rpop posted:

Just a reminder to play Guess The Grid again, it's my favorite of the predictor things I forget about after the first two races.

I couldn't be arsed registering so I just took a screenshot of my genius/failure....

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Tony Hawk!!

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Is this the most exciting Q1 ever?
Yes. It is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

Mercs on Mediums. That is gorgeous.

I think I might just Toxx for some Merc and Hamilton.

Edit: And Maldenado is still Maldenado. (Oh please have the Lotus' take each other out)

willcrouch fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Mar 15, 2014

• Locked thread