Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

mateo360 posted:

Actually they did but it usually only showed up in the roll call

in fact right in the first episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g67t9tB5MUI
No, Saban as in "footage shot for PR."

Also technically Wild Force is a Disney season. :goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I'm glad I found out that the episodes are going up on Hulu (though a day after they air) as it's really helping me keep up with the series. There really isn't much to say about this episode other than it has some of the dumbest battle lines yet ("The pen is mightier than the sword! But a stick isn't!") but aside from putting in the Black Ranger stuff and not having the Red Wild Force Ranger there wasn't all too much different from the original episode I guess.

One question though which I know is probably dumb but I haven't kept up with Power Rangers in years and I have a bad memory. I noticed in the theme song at the very end when it shows the Power Rangers teams in formation, the Green Ranger is standing prominently behind the Megaforce team and his helmet has gray on it. What's all that about? Pulling an old MMPR episode up on Youtube, he didn't have any gray on it before.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Dragonranger's helmet just has silver highlights now. I'm given to understand it's some weird legal thing, and it's een that way since Dino Thunder. JDF's Dragonranger helmet doesn't have that stuff, but he's not allowed to wear it on screen, they have to use the silvered one.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
...This episode was really hampered by the fact they decided not to/failed to bring back Rick Medina again. I mean, even more than the other episodes dropping their encounters with past rangers, because unlike those where the powers are just spontaneous, the Red Lion was and still is effectively its own character, and Cole's bond with it was a recurring part of wild Force. Having it just... appear, watch from afar, and then decide 'welp these guys are worthy' feels... I dunno weak, probably not helped by the decision to use the wild force suits earlier in the episode. Not to mention the separation of the cast pretty pointlessly when of course, in the Gokaiger version, the other two were having to consider the fact that they're relatively decent people living among... well, pirates, along with interacting with the old GaoRed.

Otherwise the episode's a serviceable adaptation, the first five or so minutes is probably my favourite part. The rangers want to be proactive, they use the ship, they also get some helmetless scenes, Noah's weary correction on how far they were from circling the Earth again.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

So, there's something called Morphin Madness going on where you vote for one of two rangers for sweepstakes entries and coupons for deals on Power Rangers merch.

Only a couple tough choices in the bunch. Zeo 5 VS MMPR Red, for one. I may have lost my PR fan card for voting Doggie Kruger over MMPR White though. :( Sorry, JDF. He's a dog.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

So, there's something called Morphin Madness going on where you vote for one of two rangers for sweepstakes entries and coupons for deals on Power Rangers merch.

Only a couple tough choices in the bunch. Zeo 5 VS MMPR Red, for one. I may have lost my PR fan card for voting Doggie Kruger over MMPR White though. :( Sorry, JDF. He's a dog.

Don't feel bad, Kruger was a loving beast and had way better fights than MMPR white.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Don't make me choose between Quantum and RPM Gold :qq:

e:
also, MMPR Blue is 'hot' but only because he's against loving Megaforce Blue. These are bad brackets.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I enjoy the fact that none of the post revival rangers are winning any of their match ups. Also all of the MMPR's are winning their matchups except the black ranger because he's up against JDF in Dino Thunder black and it's bullshit cause he's in there 3 different times.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Neo Helbeast, your custom title confuses me. What unfortunate goon thought DinoTanker was worthy enough of mockery to put it as your avatar?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Neo Helbeast, your custom title confuses me. What unfortunate goon thought DinoTanker was worthy enough of mockery to put it as your avatar?

I made that for myself and then someone gave me a red text title and they left the .gif there for some reason. I haven't decided what my next one will be yet.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Only a couple tough choices in the bunch. Zeo 5 VS MMPR Red, for one.

Uh that's actually a pretty simple one. Jason over Tommy, always.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Box of Bunnies posted:

Uh that's actually a pretty simple one. Jason over Tommy, always.

But what if MMPR Red is Rocky? I never vote for Rocky.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Rocky deSantos: Most Likely to Be Replaced By a Literal Child.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
It's a shame they waited until Zeo to actually give Rocky a personality. I wouldn't have minded the power transfer if bad rear end Jason got replaced with sarcastic dick Rocky.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I voted Daggeron over Zhane. No regrets :colbert:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Neo Helbeast posted:

I enjoy the fact that none of the post revival rangers are winning any of their match ups. Also all of the MMPR's are winning their matchups except the black ranger because he's up against JDF in Dino Thunder black and it's bullshit cause he's in there 3 different times.

In fairness, Adam is up there three times too. And Jason twice.

Some people are mad that the girls are sorely underrepresented in the brackets and they're basically all facing each other. It's pretty obviously just a ploy to avoid having to make girl keys for the final 5 since that would end up being extra production money.

(The only female key planned or already in production is Ninja Blue because they're currently only making 3 keys a team, if you were unaware.)

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Mar 12, 2014

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

jivjov posted:

But what if MMPR Red is Rocky? I never vote for Rocky.

I think we just pretend Rocky was never a Red Ranger now since they use Quantum Ranger to pad out the numbers for stuff like Forever Red and 20th anniversary marketing materials when the Red Ninja Ranger (pyjama ninjas, not Kakuranger alien ninjas) would work just as well.

Duet
Aug 18, 2007

you stupid bitch, fred flinstone's hee-home

SpazmasterX posted:

In fairness, Adam is up there three times too. And Jason twice.

Some people are mad that the girls are sorely underrepresented in the brackets and they're basically all facing each other. It's pretty obviously just a ploy to avoid having to make girl keys for the final 5 since that would end up being extra production money.

(The only female key planned or already in production is Ninja Blue because they're currently only making 3 keys a team, if you were unaware.)

Well that's even funnier, because looking at it the mockups for "Super Megaforce" Pink and Yellow are molded in the same Super Upper Torso that the other keys are just with a skirt painted on.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Box of Bunnies posted:

I think we just pretend Rocky was never a Red Ranger now since they use Quantum Ranger to pad out the numbers for stuff like Forever Red and 20th anniversary marketing materials when the Red Ninja Ranger (pyjama ninjas, not Kakuranger alien ninjas) would work just as well.

Well, Rocky was just another Tyrannoranger, so he doesn't count as his own Ranger. That suit is already covered by Jason. And even in Gokaiger, there wasn't two Miss Americas or two Yellow Flashes.

But really, the MMPR powers were destroyed, and the Zeo Crystals can't power Zeo5 AND Red Turbo at the same time, so the whole Red Ranger lineup is bullshit anyway :goonsay:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I WISH the Zeo Crystal powered the turbo morphers, that'd make them far less dumb. Sadly they do not. Zeo Powers are separate from Turbo.

If you want to be a giant rear end in a top hat about continuity, here's how it roughly works out.

Both Jason and Rocky have Dino Coins-Jason's coin was copied and his powers were transferred, same with the other two who originally left.

Rocky's coin was damaged in the opening of season 3, presumably meaning that Jason couldn't get the power back to his either.

And there's another coin, the Ape coin, that's just kinda floating around some where in the desert with Ninjor because no one thought to go back and get him after time shoved him in a hole.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Burkion posted:

And there's another coin, the Ape coin, that's just kinda floating around some where in the desert with Ninjor because no one thought to go back and get him after time shoved him in a hole.
I wonder how Super Megaforce will handle that, if at all.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Burkion posted:

I WISH the Zeo Crystal powered the turbo morphers, that'd make them far less dumb. Sadly they do not. Zeo Powers are separate from Turbo.

I have seriously been :spergin:-mad about this since Wild Force, dead certain for years that the Zeo Crystal was just shoved into being the power source for the Turbo stuff. Now you come here, on this day, and you tell me my laser-focused rage has been for naught?

Curses.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

I have seriously been :spergin:-mad about this since Wild Force, dead certain for years that the Zeo Crystal was just shoved into being the power source for the Turbo stuff. Now you come here, on this day, and you tell me my laser-focused rage has been for naught?

Curses.

The finale of Turbo had Justin point out that Eltar was the source of their power. When that fell, so did the Turbo powers.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Duet posted:

Well that's even funnier, because looking at it the mockups for "Super Megaforce" Pink and Yellow are molded in the same Super Upper Torso that the other keys are just with a skirt painted on.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they made Gokaiger keys for pretty much every ranger, right? Weren't the females in that lineup the same as the males in terms of design just with a skirt painted on (Save for the ones that came before skirts)?

I mean, I get why its funny because the American Keys look like they've been bulking up a bit too much, but wouldn't it make sense to make a new mold for such a simplistic design anyway.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That gold phone WILL be mine.

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they made Gokaiger keys for pretty much every ranger, right? Weren't the females in that lineup the same as the males in terms of design just with a skirt painted on (Save for the ones that came before skirts)?

I mean, I get why its funny because the American Keys look like they've been bulking up a bit too much, but wouldn't it make sense to make a new mold for such a simplistic design anyway.

Yeah, I have a complete collection of all the JP keys that have been released and aside from differing head sculpts (and modded designs for some later keys like the mecha and upcoming Deboss keys), all the keys are identical in design, with the skirt area not painted black or indicated with a single line on the legs.

OZC fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Mar 12, 2014

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Curses.

I AM THE ALPHA :spergin: OF POWER RANGERS CONTINUITY!

Unless it's one of the seasons that bored me to tears and I didn't pay much attention.

...then I'm going to just sit down and have a coke.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Tae posted:

There's a twist, but not that dark. Original Time Red died, but really didn't and was the one sending zords to the team, then semi-takes over for the finale before giving the team back.

I mean it was actually pretty loving dark once you thought about it.

The Original Red Ranger essentially left the Eric and Wes(Quantum and Red), to die fighting off hordes of mutants and Ransik alone, and tried to force the original rangers into a mindwipe, to make them forget about them going to that time period. Eventually they go back and save everyone. But the Original Red was a loving rear end in a top hat.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I never understood, when they were clearly talking about futures are linked with the past, that Wes was fine with HIS OWN ancestor dying.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Weren't the Time Force morphers DNA-locked, which is why they had to get Red's ancestor exact genetic predecessor to use the thing, because nobody else possibly could have? If the team stuck in 2000 could figure that out right away, how was that dipshit not thinking straight setting up his own great36grandfather to die?

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Weren't the Time Force morphers DNA-locked, which is why they had to get Red's ancestor exact genetic predecessor to use the thing, because nobody else possibly could have? If the team stuck in 2000 could figure that out right away, how was that dipshit not thinking straight setting up his own great36grandfather to die?

Yeeeeaaahhhh, its kinda crazy. The best handwave you can maybe wring out of it was that Alex was betting his luck on ~timeline shifts~ to cheat himself out of that one, since he was actually dead before history started getting mucked about with, despite it theoretically having minimal impact on the events that killed him.

But, as the series has shown, Power Rangers and time travel is weird.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Astro Nut posted:

Yeeeeaaahhhh, its kinda crazy. The best handwave you can maybe wring out of it was that Alex was betting his luck on ~timeline shifts~ to cheat himself out of that one, since he was actually dead before history started getting mucked about with, despite it theoretically having minimal impact on the events that killed him.

But, as the series has shown, Power Rangers and time travel is weird.

The same could be said for sentai though,I think

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

The same could be said for sentai though,I think

This is true. After all, the cops of the future seem to believe that dinosaur robots = FANTASTIC for time travel.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Between Burk and I, we have enough :spergin: and fan justifications to fill up Fanfiction.net

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
The super megaforce keys are a pretty sad joke next to the Gokaiger keys. I used a pair of those free key set coupons to pick up four sets today. Pretty glad I only wanted them for display pieces.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Oh god, so many pre-zyu rangers this week. bioman, maskman, flashman...

Saban just doesn't give a poo poo anymore.

Edit:Might have mistaken flashpink for biopink at one point, but maskman and flashman were definitely used.

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Mar 15, 2014

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Hahaha they might as well air a dub of Gokaiger. It would go over better too. Laziest poo poo i've ever seen.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Here's hoping Battle Fever J shows up.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

We're never gonna see Dino Charge at this rate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5Q1dqlsFVY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Dr Tran posted:

We're never gonna see Dino Charge at this rate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5Q1dqlsFVY

That tagline is gonna be stuck in my head forever now.