Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
SR5: DESERT WARS.

The official story goes like this: After 2004, Libya wasn't a place so much as a mass nuclear wasteland after a conflict with Isreal, and decades later a couple of corporations caught wind of some long-lost weapons lab. They all sent out recovery teams to get the goods, but when they came into contact an all-out war exploded in that plot of sand. The media caught wind of it and broadcast the battle, garnering enourmous ratings. That's when the corps realized they stood to make more money off broadcasting fights between their security forces than whatever might be buried out in the desert.

Now the Corporate Court holds an annual event called the Desert Wars, with skirmishes staged year-round to keep the hype up and the training current. The Desert Challenge is the main event, and every AA-Corp is invited to the four-month season. Each team establishes a base in the desert, and receives its own list of mission objectives, from cracking enemy hosts to seizing landmarks to rescuing hostages, and a complex rating system determines points gained from objects and kills. From the pre-season matches to the final battle that decides the winner, it has it all: grudge matches, intrigue, story lines, special effects, and enough fatalities to keep you glued to the trideo for four months a year. It's the biggest sporting event of the year, dwarfing Soccer and Urban Brawl in ratings and promotional tie-ins.

PREMISE.
You're an Ares employee, and they've just given you the opportunity of a lifetime: they need some recruits for this year's Desert Wars, and that means you. They're offering you a plane ticket and an chance to participate in the most dangerous, most action-packed, and most profitable TV event of the year. Ares is also offering to double your wages if you come out the other side alive, plus 'performance incentives'. You'll be shipped out next week, placed in a small squad, and participate in everything from the pre-season trial games to the real deal, living in the Ares base and working together to hit all of your mission objectives over four months.

EMPLOYER.

Ares Macrotechnology is the seventh largest corporation in the sixth world. Run by wealthy playboy Damien Knight, the corp has a reputation as a very "American" outfit: gung-ho, militaristic, patriotic, and individualistic---Mom and apple pie, in other words. Ares specializes in law enforcement, military hardware and arms, aerospace (they have five orbital habitats), entertainment, automotive (the former General Motors is also part of the Ares family), and smaller divisions in many other areas. Their major subsidiaries include AresSpace, Ares Arms, Ares Global Entertainment, Knight Errant Securities, and General Motors, but they have far-reaching interests in the defense and aerospace industries. They employ hundreds of thousands of deckers, cybered-up triggermen, and mages through their children companies, and recruit out of all of them when they need Desert Wars participants.

LOCATION.
Mostly Northern Sahara. The majority of official matches take place in Algeria, the part of Egypt that was once Libya, and the part of the Sahara called the Libyan Desert. Tamanrassat in southern Algeria is the main staging point of the games, and it's where the teams are housed.

GAME FOCUS.
Military small-unit tactics, staying alive, and winning the Desert Wars (in that order).

CHARACTER CREATION.
As standard SR5 rules and errata, with the following exceptions, and a couple of paragraphs of basic character history. Explain what branch of Ares you worked for before, and why you make a great Desert Wars candidate.

Priorities will be A, B, C, C, E. Let's try to keep y'all alive.
Availability is capped at 16.
Don't bother buying fake SINs or Licenses, and SINned is no longer a Negative Quality (so much as a way of life).
Group Housing (High) is provided.

GEAR DISCOUNTS.
Ares goods are 90% market price, and you can't use guns from other sellers. These goods include:
Ares Light Fire 75
Ares Light Fire 70
Ares Predator V
Ares Viper Silvergun
Ares Crusader II
Ares Alpha
Ares Desert Strike
Ares S-III Super Squirt
Stoner-Ares M202
Ares Antioch-2
GMC Bulldog
Ares Roadmaster
Ares Dragon
Ares Venture
GMC Banshee
Ares Deulist
GM-Nissan Doberman

In addition, Ares provides Dermal Plating, Bone Lacing, Full Body Armor, Gas Mask, and Hazmat Suits.

If you'd like things Ares doesn't make (like rocket launchers :unsmigghh:), ask and we can reskin or something.

GROUP RELATIONSHIP.
A few of you may have worked together before, but never like this.

HOUSE RULES.

There will be a few other changes, because SR5 has to get house-ruled into a playable state, but that will be dealt with as they come up.

To be updated as the game proceeds.
- MGs have normal recoil (not double).
- MMG and HMG weight requirements are 4 and 6, respectively.
- Magical Burnout costs 'what it would have been': if you dropped from 4 to 1 Magic due to essence loss, it costs you 25K to go from 1 to 2.

EXTRA STUFF.
To be updated as the game proceeds.
Stoner-Ares M107 HMG
ACC 5 (6) / DMG 12P / -4 AP / FA / RC 4 (8) / 50m or 100b / 16F / 16200 (after discount)
Smartlink, Detachable Tripod
Ares Avalon Missile System
Ares Avalon: Acc 5 (6) / Missle / - / SS / - / 1 (ml) / 12F / 1350 (after discount)
Smartlink*, Airburst
A one-use missle-launching system with shoulder-mounts and a fantastic Smartgun-lite system. Because it's a one-use tool, the people at Ares have stripped down the classic Smartgun system to its most basic components: an AR rangefinder and a mechanism for remote detonation.
The Airburst works like an Aztechnology Striker. You gain an accuracy bonus for using the Smartlink system, but the normal wireless bonus for using a Smartlink system has been disabled.

Ares/Pancor Jackhammer 2
Acc 4(5) / Damage 12P / AP -1 / SA/FA / 2 RC / 15c/28d / 14F / 3000 (2700 after discount)
- Gas-Vent 2 System, Internal Smartgun System, Imaging Scope with Low-Light Vision
Hydrade/Dehydrate (Spell)
P/S/T/F-1

APPS THUS FAR.

bunnielab - Matches, Ork Street Sam
InfiniteJesters - Enojado Salvador, Dwarf Street Sam
CisMaleTheSensitiv - Mr. White, Elf Street Sam
malikial - Jameson "St. John" Delora, Elf Street Sam
ViscerusIgnea - Franz Talhoffer, Human Street Sam

thelazyblank - Nina Walker, Dwarf Decker

Schizotek - Birch, Dwarf Rigger
kloaked00 - Mark Izzone, Elf Rigger

AmyL - Caustic Belli, Dwarf Mage

Arkangelus - Darius "Wolf" Jones, Ork Bowfighting Adept
Seven Socks - Dess Ferorvell, Human Corporate Spook Adept
Bouquet - Igider Abrika, Elf Unarmed Combat Adept
Bigass Moth - Karl Bradford, Human Gunslinger Adept

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Mar 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747
This is a placeholder for a rigger. Gonna rock me some air support!

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Gonna make a sniper, I've always wanted to make one but it doesn't usually fit in the city-based games.

Piell fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Mar 16, 2014

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

I've never played Shadowrun before, but this sounds like an interesting plot

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
There are a lot of us in #shadowrun if you'd like help with a character.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Is there such a thing as a milspec mage? If so, put me down for that.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Gonna make a huge rear end murdertroll for this thing or maybe work an ork demo-man idea I had.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Maybe going to do a technomancer/hacker for this. I need to give the matrix stuff another once-over, though.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Does Ares make that monowhip thing?

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
This does sound like a fun plot. Is there gonna be any use for someone with a face-type background? If not, I'm thinking of going with a gunslinger adept.

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012
Will repost charsheet farther in the thread.

InfiniteJesters fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Mar 18, 2014

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

CirclMastr posted:

Is there such a thing as a milspec mage? If so, put me down for that.

I imagine that the military would love having mages around. Physical barriers, ice sheets, invisbility, levitation, increased attributes on the fly, and the list goes on.

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Does Ares make that monowhip thing?

I don't see why they wouldn't. It seems in-genre for Ares Arms to make some monofilament weapons, even if just in-house.

thelazyblank posted:

This does sound like a fun plot. Is there gonna be any use for someone with a face-type background? If not, I'm thinking of going with a gunslinger adept.

I'm not certain how I would fit a face in. You could steal other team's uniforms and try to sneak around like that, and it might lead to some excellent hijinks, but at the end of the day these are war games and Ares is likely to hire people who can do something when the bullets start flying.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

QuantumNinja posted:

I'm not certain how I would fit a face in. You could steal other team's uniforms and try to sneak around like that, and it might lead to some excellent hijinks, but at the end of the day these are war games and Ares is likely to hire people who can do something when the bullets start flying.

Yeah, I was thinking something along the lines of a ex-military field negotiator something or another. However, after thinking about it more, I'm thinking I'd prefer the gunslinger adept idea.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
On the subject of contacts

Try to write up people that either live in or around Tamanrassat, or participate in the games themselves. The Desert Wars bring out all of the top-tier warmongers and arms dealers, and they usually stay around for the front row seats and the business deals. For example, you might know a guy that rides around the Wars' deserts in a dune buggy selling drugs and toxins to the highest bidders, or one of the Ares quartermasters from when he used to work security with you.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I'm in.

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Darius "Wolf" Jones

For the better part of a decade Darius has worked in Knight Errant's animal control division. That might not sound like much but in the Sixth world animal control includes dealing with a pack of barghests rampaging through some moron's estate or getting a basilisk out of the sewers (not an urban myth folks.) This last year had been a good one for his team, in no small part due to Darius's contributions. They had bagged some dangerous critters and prevented more than one media nightmare. Darius was tired of it though, he'd lost count of how many times he'd applied for a trainer position in a K9 unit and been rejected. Stupid human higher-ups wouldn't know talent with animals if it hit them in the face! It probably didn't help that Darius had inadvertently managed to offend just about every superior he'd ever worked under. That was all about to change though, word was if you got into Desert Wars and did well you could pick your next assignment. He had the stats for it and even though he'd had to offer up some big favors to get a recommendation now he was in!

pre:
A: 24 Attributes B: Ork +4 Meta C: 28/2 Skills C: Adept 4 Magic E: 6000 Resources 

BOD: 6 AGI: 5    REA: 5(8) STR: 8(9)
WIL: 5 LOG: 2    INT: 5    CHA: 1
EDG: 3 MAG: 6    ESS: 6    INI: 13+4d6 
LIMITS: M5 | P11 | S5
BOXES: 11P, 11S, 6OF 

Positive Qualities: 
Mentor Spirit (Wolf) (5)

Negative Qualities: 
Prejudiced (Biased against humans) (-5)
Allergy (Moderate) - Silver(-10), Insomnia (-10)

Karma(0 Remaining): Pilot Ground 1 - 2, Exotic Weapon 1 - 2, Throwing Weapon 1 - 2, 
                    Initiate Grade 2 - 29, 20,000 nuyen - 10, Mentor Spirit - 5, 

Skills:
Archery 6 (bows)
Exotic Weapon (Grappling Hook) 1
Sneaking 4
Throwing Weapon 1
Unarmed Combat 6
Pilot Ground 1
Disguise 2 (Camouflage)
Perception 3
Animal Handling 6 (Training)

Athletics group 1
Outdoors group 1

Knowledges:
English N
Or'zet 3 (Speaking)
Zoology 5 (Parazoology)
History 1 (Americas)
Police Procedures 1 (Animal Control)

Initiate Grade: 2
Adept Powers:
Adrenaline boost           3 (0.75 pp)
Attribute boost (Strength) 1 (0.25 pp)
Attribute boost (Agility)  2 (Wolf Spirit)
Attribute boost (Body)     1 (0.25 pp)
Combat sense               1 (0.50 pp)
Directional sense            (0.25 pp)
Enhanced accuracy (archery)  (0.25 pp)
Improved reflexes          3 (3.50 pp)
Improved strength          1 (1.00 pp)
Missile parry              1 (0.25 pp)
Traceless walk               (1.00 pp)

Contacts:
Aleksi Loyalty:2 Connections:2 - Elf salesman of drugs, blts, and toxins both legal and illicit. 
Desert Wars and the surrounding games are his bread and butter selling both to contestants and management. 
Darius's buddy Flintlock was in last year's Wars and Aleksi 
apparently owes him big time for getting him out of a "situation". 
Flintlock says Aleksi will hook Darius up.

Weapons and Armor (11350 nuyen)
Bow R:10 (w/ Smartlink), 50 Arrows R:10, 5 Injection Arrows R:10 = 4000
Knucks = 100
Survival Knife = 100
Full Body Armor (w/ Nonconductivity 3, Chemical Protection 3, 
                    Insulation 3, Fire Resistance 3, Shock Frills) = 5250
Full Helmet (w/ Spatial Recognizer, Audio Enhancement 1) = 2000 

Other Gear (14020 nuyen): 
Goggles R:6 (w/ Smartlink, Image Link, Thermographic, Vision Enhancement 1, 
                Vision Magnification, Flare Compensation) = 3825
Hermes Ikon comlink R: 5 = 3000
Subvocal mic = 50
Satellite uplink = 500
Climbing gear = 200
Respirator = 300
Survival kit = 200
Gecko tape gloves = 250
5x Magnesium torch = 25
200m Stealth rope = 170
Grapple gun = 500
Catalyst stick = 120
Medkit R:6 (w/ 2x supplies) = 1700
Biomonitor = 300
3x syringe = 30
1x Trauma patch = 500
1x Antidote patch R:6 = 300
1x Stim patch R:6 = 150
2x Tranq patch R:10 = 400
10x Narcojet = 500
5x Gamma-scopolamine = 1000

Remaining resources: 530 (+ 5d6*500)? nuyen

Arkangelus fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Mar 17, 2014

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Placeholder for a character we've talked about. What character building program do you want to use to keep things consistent? I just use an excel spreadsheet.

Couple questions:
-Ares gear is at 90% cost, is that ONLY Ares-labeled gear in the main book or can we use the supplements that are out? Does cyberware get any reduction?
-Is this pretty much "anything goes"? Will there be much social or legwork, or mostly combat?
-Any rules against magic/metatypes/etc?
-SR5 changed the rule about magic burnout, you can now have 0 magic as long as your Max Magic is 1 or more. If you hit zero magic do you allow buying it back to 1 with 5 karma?

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
What character building program do you want to use to keep things consistent?

I really like Google Doc's excel clone, because it's online. I know there are a number of SR sheets in it floating around. Whatever you do, though, I'd ask that you have your bio and contacts on it somewhere, not just the numbers, so that I have a single reference source for your character.

Ares gear is at 90% cost, is that ONLY Ares-labeled gear in the main book or can we use the supplements that are out? Does cyberware get any reduction?
Ares-labeled, but GMC counts because they're a direct subsidiary.
Any books in 5E are fine but FFS don't buy a Ultimax Rain Forest Carbine. Also, don't buy things out of the RnG preview.
Again, if there's a gun that exists that you like but that isn't Ares, I bet Ares makes a market competitor.

Is this pretty much "anything goes"? Will there be much social or legwork, or mostly combat?

It is very much "anything goes", but the scope of social interaction may be limited. You could probably have a few passing conversations with Renraku's group, or try to strike up a temporary alliance with Lone Star, but every group has their own objectives and there may be any number of incentives to work together or against each other. Legwork will be a thing, but your superiors will likely refer to it as "recon". The people playing these games would prefer not to get killed, and while live ammo is used in the Desert Challenge, wholesale slaughter is generally frowned upon---the trideo at home doesn't sell a massacre as well as a hero.

Any rules against magic/metatypes/etc?

Nope. You're fighting against some of the best military forces in the world: come correct.

SR5 changed the rule about magic burnout, you can now have 0 magic as long as your Max Magic is 1 or more. If you hit zero magic do you allow buying it back to 1 with 5 karma?

While it's brutal, I'm inclined to say no. It makes sense that if you 'ware up hard enough to lose magic, it should be expensive to increase your powers back to what they were. You're getting the best of both worlds, and it makes sense in-universe that you'd have to be immensely powerful with your magic in order to have a bunch of 'ware and still sling.

The cost will be what it would have been if you hadn't lost magic due to 'ware: if you had 4 magic, and it dropped to 1, it will still cost you 25 Karma to get it to 2.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I take back what I said about making a rigger. My computer just died. But I can follow along and read the thread with my phone at least :smith:

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Thats too bad. I might give my demo-ork some cute little IED drones then.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

MohawkSatan posted:

I take back what I said about making a rigger. My computer just died. But I can follow along and read the thread with my phone at least :smith:

Just make the character on paper and phone-post pictures of the sheet.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.

Bell 'Casustic Bell' Underhilde

Been there, done that and it wasn't worth the effort. Not that life was boring for Caustic Bell but when you are a part of a mercenary outfit among the borders of Aztlan-CSA, the chance to show off is nil. The job for the past ten years was border patrol, nothing special or glamorous even when riding on a horse twice to three times your size.

During a lull in her leave, she spent some time at the local Stonecutter's Guild, a organization that promtes to causes of dwarfs, stating frankly she hated doing what she was doing during a dinner. One of the notable corp dwarfs noted her and passed her complain on to someone else and that someone else passed it to someone else till an invitations to join the Desert Wars this season was extended, with the expectations that she do some good or else.

pre:
Priorities
C:Dwarf (1 Edge)
B:Attributes  (20)
A:Magic:  Magic 6, two Rating 5 Magical skills, 10 spells 
C:Skills 28/2
E:6,000

Body:3(4) 1 point
Agi:1 (3) 2 points
Rea:1 (3) 2 points
STR:3 (4) 1 point
Wil:2 (5) 3 points
Log:1 (4) 4 points 
Int:1 (4) 3 points
Cha:1 (3) 3 points
Edg:1+1 (3) 1 points  
Magic 6
Essence 6  
Dwarf Racial: +2 dice for pathogen and toxin resistance, +20% increased Lifestyle cost, Thermographic Vision

Positive Qualities:
Mentor Spirit (THUNDERBIRD)5 points 

FOCUSED CONCENTRATION 16 points Rank 4 She is able to sustain
one spell/complex form with a force/level equal to her
Focused Concentration rating without suffering any
penalties.

Negative Qualities:
DISTINCTIVE STYLE 5 points (Finishing someone off with the background to music)

Bad Luck 12 points Anytime Edge is used, roll 1d6.  If a 1 is rolled, the affects of Edge are polarized.

Tradition: Air
Mentor Spirit:  Thunderbird
All: +2 dice for Intimidation Tests
Magician: +2 dice for summoning spirits of air

DISADVANTAGES
A Thunderbird magician must succeed in a Charisma
+ Willpower (3) Test to avoid responding to an insult in
kind.

Free Skills:
Summoning 5+1=6 (INT) 
Counterspelling 5+1=6 (Magic)
Non-free Skills: 
Assensing 3
Demolitions: 4
Spellcasting: 6
Piloting:  Horse 1
Perception: 4
Running: 2
Swimming:1
Automatic: 4
Automotive Mechanic: 2
Skill Group:
Outdoors 2

Knowledge Skills:
English N
Arabic 4
Action movies 5 1970-2010
Pop Music 4 1970-2010

Contacts

Robert August Hasseback II Business Agent 3/4

Dr. Benny Long Mercenary Doctor 1/1

Full Body Armor (2000)/w Full Helmet (500)
Environmental Adaptation (1,000)
Chemical Seal (3,000)
Chemical Protection R4 (1,000)
Fire Resistance R4 (1,000)
Insulations R3 (750)
Thermal Damping R4 (2,000)
12,500 * .90 = 11,250
(1,250)
Full Helmet Vision Enhancements
Low-Light 500
Flare Compensation 250
Smartlink 2,000
Vision enhancement R2 (1,000)
Vision magnification (250)
4,000 * .90 = 3,600
(400)

Ares Alpha 5 (7) 11P –2 SA / BF / FA 2 42 (c) 11F 2,650Ą (comes with a free smartlink system!)
Shock pad — 2 (50)
Imaging Scope (300)
Vision Enhancement R3 (1,500)
Gas-vent system R3 (600)I-
Grenade Launcher 4 (6) — — SS — 6 (c) — —
5,100 * 90% = 4,950
250 final cost

Clothing, assorted, decent stuff to wear: 6,000 budgeted Ares Wear like Ares Aviator Jackets etc
6,000 * 90% = 5,400
600 final cost
Glasses: Ares Aviator glasses R4 (400) * 4 =1,600
Flare Comepensation 1 cap 250
Image Link 1 cap 25
Vision Enhancement 2 CapR2 1,000
6,700 * 90% = 6,030
670 final cost

Goggles: Ares Aviator goggles R6 (300) * 4 =1,200
Flare Compensation 1 Cap (250)
Image Link 1 cap (25)
Smartlink 1 cap (2,000)
Vision Enchancement 2 Cap R2 1,000
Vision Magnification 1 cap 250
15,300 * 90% = 13770
1,230 final cost

Flashlights (25) * 5 =125
Light Stick (25) * 5 = 125
Magnesium torch — (5) * 5 =25
Micro flare launcher: (175) * 2 = 350
Micro Flares = (25) * 50 = 1,250
Respirator R6 (300)*4 =1,200
Survival Kits (400) * 4 =1,600
Biomonitor (300) * 1 = 300
Medkit R6 (1,300) * 2 = (2,600)
Medkit Supplies (100) * 5 =500
Tool kit (500) * 2 =1,000
9075 * 90% = 8168
907 all together

4,707 Ares items
Hermes Ikon Device R5 3,000
Biometeric Reader 1 cap 200
Trodes 2 Cap 70
Subvocal Microphone 50
Datasofts:
20th-21st Movies 120
20th-21st Music 120
Mapsoft:
Libya 100
Shopsoft Libya 150
3 Silver Credsticks 60

8,517 nyugen!  God bless Ares, mom, and apple pie
(Didn't purchase ammo or magazines yet.)

Spells:
SILENCE Type: P  Range: LOS (A)
Duration: S  Drain: F - 1
TRID PHANTASM Type: P  Range: LOS (A)
Duration: S  Drain: F
IMPROvED INvISIBILITY Type: P  Range: LOS
Duration: S  Drain: F - 1
DETECT ENEMIES, EXTENDED
Type: M  Range: T
Duration: S  Drain: F
FLING
Type: P  Range: LOS
Duration: I  Drain: F – 2
ANALYZE MAGIC 
Type: P  Range: T
Duration: S  Drain: F – 3
DETECT [Explosives]
Type: P  Range: T
Duration: S  Drain: F – 2
ANTIDOTE
Duration: P  Drain: F – 3
HEAL
(ESSENCE)
Duration: P  Drain: F – 4
HYDRATE
Type: P  Range: S 
Duration: T  Drain: F-1
ACID STREAM
Type: P  Range: LOS  Damage: P
Duration: I  Drain: F – 3

AmyL fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 31, 2014

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747

QuantumNinja posted:

Just make the character on paper and phone-post pictures of the sheet.

Two problems with that plan:

1. My SR5 book? Yeah, PDF copy. Unreadable on a phone due to size differences. This is also score wig me for my weekly IRC game
2. I don't have paper character sheets, nor the means to print them out.

Sucks, but it just won't be possible for me to join. You can pm me if you want to talk guns for this though?

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

MohawkSatan posted:

1. My SR5 book? Yeah, PDF copy. Unreadable on a phone due to size differences. This is also score wig me for my weekly IRC game

Sucks, but it just won't be possible for me to join. You can pm me if you want to talk guns for this though?

I'm so sorry, ouch.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

AmyL posted:

Placeholder for murder troll right here!

Edit: Also, when you say Ares goods, does that also include cyberware?

Cyberware is full price. (But now that I think about it, it's strange that the book doesn't list brand names for cyberware.)

Only things with Ares/GMC in the name come at a discount. From a quick first glance through the corebook, the list is:

Ares Light Fire 75
Ares Light Fire 70
Ares Predator V
Ares Viper Silvergun
Ares Crusader II
Ares Alpha
Ares Desert Strike
Ares S-III Super Squirt
Stoner-Ares M202
Ares Antioch-2
GMC Bulldog
Ares Roadmaster
Ares Dragon
Ares Venture
GMC Banshee
Ares Deulist
GM-Nissan Doberman

It also stands to reason that most melee weapons have an Ares version (like a telescoping staff or monofilament whip).

Also, Ares will be providing a small number of transportation vehicles to the entire team of ~40 people, so your squad will probably end up with a Bulldog or something.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

MohawkSatan posted:

That's really sad. An air support rigger would have been awesome.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Alright, I think I'm gonna go with a rigger character. Working on the specifics now

Edit: ^^That sounds pretty similar to the general idea I had after reading through the 5E book with this scenario in mind. Hope I'm not stepping on toes if I do it

Kloaked00 fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Mar 16, 2014

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Kloaked00 posted:

Alright, I think I'm gonna go with a rigger character. Working on the specifics now

Edit: ^^That sounds pretty similar to the general idea I had after reading through the 5E book with this scenario in mind. Hope I'm not stepping on toes if I do it

Please have a pimped out helicopter or cheap LAV so I can live vicariously through you

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

QuantumNinja posted:

Cyberware is full price. (But now that I think about it, it's strange that the book doesn't list brand names for cyberware.)

Only things with Ares/GMC in the name come at a discount. From a quick first glance through the corebook, the list is:

Wouldn't we be able to take corporate sponsorships regarding Cyberware that comes from Ares?

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
pre:

Name: Heinrich Berchtold, aka "Birch"
Metatype: Dwarf
Concept: Rigger

Bio posted:

Birch kept his eyes focused sharply on the savanna. He knew the ways and sounds of the grasslands, and the rodents who lived there. And he knew what it meant when the tall, dry grass twitched just the smallest bit. With his keen senses he could see what no human could see, the individual stalks of grass barely tremble as a mouse brushed between them. Could hear the faint sound of mouse teeth, chewing on a seed. The mouse was thirty meters away.

Easy.

He opened his wings slowly, released the grip of his talons on the dead branch and fell into the sky, swooping silently toward his prey. A momentary flash of brown through the grass at the last second and it was all over. He took his prize back to his perch and enjoyed the hot bloody morsel that still pulsed with life even as he tore bloody gobbets of flesh from its bones.

His hunger sated, he dove into the sky once more, using the sheer power of his wings to force himself ever higher until he caught the thermal. A pillar of warm air that rose up from the ground as it was heated by the sun. He swept into that warm air and it lifted him up like an elevator. Higher and higher, until the blinding white of the sunsoaked clouds filled his vision.

"Birch! You done yet?"

The question echoed in his head, meaningless as the blinding white coalesced into vaguely recognizable forms and colors. There was a figure looming over him, and he felt a sudden bout of terror. Predator? No. He was sitting on a couch, and it was standing, so they were the same size, and it looked kinda like him come to think of it. Eagles weren't social animals. That meant a rival. In his territory.

He dove past the looming figure, which squawked loudly as he shoved its scrawny naked form aside, and sprinted to his room, desperate to get the pistol he had hidden in his underwear drawer. He needed to protect his territory. If he didn't defend it he'd be driven out of the good hunting grounds and where would he be then? It was kill or be killed. By the time he walked back to his living room with the gun he was wondering why he was holding it.

"Hey, rear end in a top hat, get what you were in such a loving rush for?" "Yeah... I was just worried about my messages. Waiting on an important work call. Wasn't sure how long long I'd been hot for."
He flung himself down on the couch next to where Heidi was busy sorting beetles from a large case into clear bags, putting the gun gently aside. Birch picked up the nearest beetle bag, reading the labels of the individual chips inside.

'Troll-GnomeMMMF', 'OrkMM/ElfF', 'Frej and the Brisinga sisters'. "Ugh. You into trogs now?" "Grodi Birch. They're for customers. And not everyone can get off to birds." Birch rolled his eyes. "Better birds than your tacky romance sims. And its got nothing to do with sex, especially with you here."

As he said this he went to gaze at her body appreciatively, but suddenly got to wondering if he'd always been able to count her ribs so easily. She'd certainly always been scrawny for a dwarf, ever since they'd been in school together, but she'd never looked unhealthy. But her eyes were sunken now, and her skin was more pallid than pale. She was spending too long hot lately. He'd have to talk to her about that soon. She couldn't handle herself like he could. Yeah...

His contemplation was broken by a message alert on his commlink. The subject was from corporate and read 'RE: Desert Wars'. "'Bout fuckin time."

TLDR:
Racist dwarf BTL junky has a BTL related freak out hanging out with his junkie dealer/girl friend. Thinks hes a bird. Concerned about her worsening addiction while in denial about his. FIN.

pre:
Priorities
A: Resources 475,000
B: Skills 36/5
C: Attributes 16
C: Dwarf
E: Magic/Resonance 0

Base Attributes                    Final Attributes
BOD: 3/8  WIL: 2/6  EDG: 1/6       BOD: 3  WIL: 3  EDG: 2
AGI: 1/6  LOG: 1/6  ESS: 6         AGI: 4  LOG: 7  ESS: 1.2
REA: 1/5  INT: 1/6  INI: REA+INT   REA: 9  INT: 5  INI: 11
STR: 3/8  CHA: 1/6                 STR: 3  CHA: 1
[-12 Karma to increase BOD and STR from 2-3]

Limits: M | P | S
Boxes: P | S | O

Positive Qualities
Gearhead (-11)
Exceptional Attribute (Reaction)-14

Negative Qualities
Prejudiced (TROGS, Outspoken) (+7)
Moderate Addiction (BTL) (+9 (1 wasted)
Scorched (paranoid) (+10)

Skills
Active Groups
  Engineering  5
  -Aeronautics
  -Automotive
  -Industrial
  -Nautical
Active Individual
  Pilot Ground                 6
  Pilot Air                    6
  Gunnery                      6
  Sneaking                     3
  Survival                     2
  Electronic Warfare           4
  Hardware                     4
  Perception                   4
  Navigation                   2
  Tracking                     3
Knowledge/Language Skills (24)
  Drone Engineering (Professional)         4
  African Wildlife (Academic)              3
  Ares Paramilitary Tactics (Professional) 4
  Mechanical Engineering (Academic         3
  Paramilitary Culture (Street)            4

English                      N
  Japanese                     3
  Arabic                       3

Gear (450,000Y starting)
Armor

Full Body Armor w/helmet-9.6k
	-Frills
	-Chemical Seal
	-Heat Resist x5
	-Nonconductivity x2
	-Sound Selection x3
	-Vision Magnification
	-Vision Enhancement x2

Augs
Control Rig R3- 203k
Lone Star Remote Commander- 75k
Cerebral Implants X2- 63k
Commlink Implant- 7.35k
	-Transys Avalon w/Hotsim
Image Link
Flare Compensation
Low-light vision
Reaction Enhancers R3 39k
Drones

Ares Doberman w/Ares Alpha X2- 13.77k

Steel Lynx w/Ares-Stoner- 41.3k

Lockheed Optic X-2- 21k

Flyspy-  2k

Misc

Survival kit .2
Mechanics toolkits (Ground and air) 1k
Crowbar .02
19 Dreamchips: .38k
Guns 'n Ammo
Remington Roomsweeper .25
	-20 Flachette Rounds
HMG Ammo 1k rounds 2k
HMG Armor piercing rounds 500 6k
Assault Rifle ammo 1k rounds 2k
Stick n' Shock AR 200 1.6k

Contacts (3)

-25 Positive Qualities
+25 Negative Qualities
-21 Holla Holla Get Dolla
-4 for contacts.
----
0 Karma left
0 Nuyen

pre:
Contact Name: Heidi
Loyalty: 5
Connections: 2
Profession: Self-Employed BTL dealer

Schizotek fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Mar 21, 2014

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Even when the world survives on the best technology that money and science can make, poo poo still breaks. You might have been able to get your hands on that beta-tested muscle enhancers that only the Olympic teams should have access to, but when it comes within 3 seconds of frying your entire nervous system, you can't exactly go to the proper repair facilities without raising some very important questions. That's when you go see Mark. He showed a natural predisposition to understanding mechanics and cybertech from a young age and had designed his own home-protection system at the age of 10 after multiple break-ins by junkies in his neighborhood.
He became involved in the Ares Corporation his senior year of high school after finding a limousine broken down on the wrong street. The navigational AI had shut down for standard nightly maintenance, which it's VIP passenger was unaware of. He had 'borrowed' the vehicle to meet a 'friend' off the books. Sometimes Corporates have...unusual...interests that aren't looked kindly upon in the upper echelons of society. (He personally enjoyed role-playing as an Orc, being commanded around by his Human master.) Mark was able to lend a hand, reboot the system and get the VIP back on their way. Two days later he received a contract from the Ares Corporation and was enlisted into their robotics division. His work over the next decade gave him a reputation strong enough to get him a recommendation for the Desert Wars from his supervisor, and you do not say no to a request from Ares.

pre:

Name: Mark Izzone
Metatype: Elf
Concept: Rigger

Priorities
A: Resources 475,000
B: Skills 36/5
C: Attributes 20
C: Elf +3
E: Magic/Resonance 0

BOD: 1/6  WIL: 1/6  EDG: 1/6       BOD: 2  WIL: 3  EDG: 4
AGI: 2/7  LOG: 1/6  ESS: 6         AGI: 3  LOG: 4  ESS: 4.2  
REA: 1/6  INT: 1/6  INI: REA+INT   REA: 6  INT: 4  INI: 10 (+1d6)
STR: 1/6  CHA: 3/8                 STR: 2  CHA: 4
[-10 Karma to increase BOD from 1-2]
[-2 ESS from Augmentations]

Limits: M5 | P4 | S4
Boxes: P9 | S9 | O2

Positive Qualities
Gearhead (-11)
Photographic Memory (-6)

Negative Qualities
Distinctive Style (+5)- Elaborate mechanical tattoo
Social Stressor (+8)- After Mark left to work for Ares, he felt sometimes that he betrayed his family and friends.
  After he received his Corporate SIN, several of his friends refused to remain in contact, believing that he had
  sold out to those who oppressed them. His family also had a hard time understanding since his paternal grandfather
  had died in an accident where a Corporate transport had ignored safety lights and run him down while on the job.
  His family had received only two weeks pay for the incident. It had been several years since he had been back
  to his home. But this was a new chance to start a better life, and he couldn't turn that down.

Skills
Active Groups
  Engineering  5
  -Aeronautics
  -Automotive
  -Industrial
  -Nautical
Active Individual (+11 Karma)
  Automatics         4  (2 Karma)
  Computer           3
  Cybertechnology    4
  Demolitions        3
  First Aid          4  (2 Karma)
  Gunnery            4  (1 Karma)
  Hardware           3
  Medicine           4  (4 Karma)
  Pilot Aircraft     4
  Pilot Groundcraft  4
  Pilot Groundwalker 4  (1 Karma)
  Sneaking           3  (1 Karma)
  Software           3
Knowledge/Language Skills (16)
  Drone Design (Academic)      4
  Military Tactics (Academic)  4
  Smuggling Routes (Street)    3
  Impov Comedy (Interest)      2
  English                      N
  Arabic                       3

Gear (450,000Y starting)
Clothing (10,025Y)
  2000  Full body armor
   500  -Feedback Clothing
   500  -Helmet                  [Capacity 6]
   250    -Flare compensation    [1]
    25    -Image link            [1]
  2000    -Smartlink             [1]
   500    -Thermographic vision  [1]
  1500    -Vision enhancement R3 [1]
   250    -Vision magnification  [1]
  1000  -Environmental adaptation
  2000  -Thermal dampening R4 (thermal sneaking bonus)
Electronics (4,150Y)
   150  AR gloves
   200  Biometric reader
    50  Electronic paper x10
  3000  Hermes Ikon commlink
   500  Satellite link
   200  Sensor tags x5
    50  Subvocal mic
Vehicles (112,070)
 46800  Ares Roadmaster (BOD 18)
 10000  -Heavy weapons mount x2
  5000  -Standard weapons mount x2
  1000  -Rigger interface
  2385  -Ares Alpha
  2385  -Ares Alpha
  1200  -Aztechnology Striker
  6300  -Stoner-Ares M202
  6000  -500rd APDS ammo
  1000  -500rd Regular ammo
 28000  -Anti-vehicle rocket x10
  2000  -1000rd Regular ammo (belt)
Weapons (10,220Y)
  2385  Ares Alpha
   600  -Airburst link
   300  -Imaging scope
   250   -Flare compensation
   500   -Thermographic vision
    25   -Image link
  1400  -Gyro mount
   500  -Suppressor
   500  -250rd Regular Ammo
    10  -Spare clip x2
  3000  3kg Plastic Explosives R10
   750  Detonator cap x10
Drones (98,650Y)
  9000  CD Dalmation (BOD 5)
  2500  -Standard weapons mount
  2385  -Ares Alpha
   625  -250rd Gel ammo
  4500  GM-Nissan Doberman
  2385  -Ares Alpha
   500  -250rd Regular Ammo 
  4000  MCT Fly-spy x2
  5000  MCT Roto-drone A (BOD 4)
  2385  -Ares Alpha
  3000  -250rd APDS ammo
  5000  MCT Roto-drone B (BOD 4)
  2385  -Ares Alpha
   500  -250rd Regular ammo
  5000  MCT Roto-drone C (BOD 4)
  2385  -Ares Alpha
  1300  -250rd Flechette ammo
 25000  Steel Lynx
  5000  -Heavy weapon mount
  6300  -Stoner-Ares M202
  2000  -1000rd Regular ammo (belt)
Augmentation (198,500)
116000  Control Rig R2, Alphaware (-1.6 ESS)
  7500  Smuggling Compartment (-0.2 ESS)
 75000  Lone Star Remote Commander (RCC R6 DP6 F5)
Software (930Y)
   250  Armor 
   100  Mapsoft- Desert Wars arena
   250  Shell 
    80  Signal scrubs
   250  Sneak
Misc (4125Y)
   500  Containment manacles x2
   100  Directional microphone (C2)
  1000  -Audio enhancement R2
    25  Flashlight
  2250  Medkit (R3) x3
   250  Miniwelder
   160  Miniwelder fuel canister x2
   500  Platinum Credstick
  5000  Shop
   200  Survival Kit
--------
444,480Y (5,520Y remaining)

Contacts (12)
  Local mechanic (2-2)
  Ares  (3-3)

-17 Positive Qualities
+13 Negative Qualities
-10 Attribute increase
 -11 Skills
----
  0 Karma left
For future use
pre:
Gear
Control Rig R2
- +2 dice to vehicle skill tests
- -2 to vehicle skill threshold
- +2 HAND/SPD to vehicles
Body Armor (R15)
-Thermal dampening R4 (+4 dice thermal sneaking bonus)
-Environmental adaptation (hot)
-Feedback clothing (tactile component to VR experiencee)
Helmet
-Flare compensation (no vision modifier for glare/lights)
-Thermographic vision (checks for heat)
-Image link (view/share images and info)
-Vision enhancement
-Vision magnification

Guns            ACC  DAM  AP  RC
Ares Alpha      5(7) 11P  -2  2
-Gyro mount (-6pt recoil/movement)
-Suppressor (-4 dice for enemy Perception tests)
-Flare compensation (no vision modifier for glare/lights)
-Thermographic vision (checks for heat)
-Image link (view/share images and info)

Ammo
APDS (-4 AP)
Regular
Anti-vehicle rocket (24PDAM  -4/-10AP -4/mBLAST)

Vehicle     HAN  SPD  ACC  BOD  ARM  PIL  SEN  SEAT
Roadmaster  3/3   3    1   18   18    3    3    8

Drones      HAN  SPD  ACC  BOD  ARM  PIL  SEN
Dalmation    5    5    3    5    5    3    3
Doberman     5    3    1    4    4    3    3
Fly-spy      4    3    2    1    0    3    3
Roto-drone   4    4    2    4    4    3    3

Kloaked00 fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Mar 20, 2014

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Rough idea and sheet:

Matches posted:

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

In addition to this, Ricky "Matches" Zuckerman also wants to throw some gas on the fire.

Ares Personnel File, 2065

"Fuckin smoothskin motherfuckers will gently caress a greeny every loving chance they get. Sure they seemed OK at first, but I was just a dumb little poo poo back then didnt know no better. I just saw some badass motherfuckers who also always payed on time and that was enough. They kept calling and I kept saying yes. After a while, they stopped asking for my team to steal poo poo and started asking me to come in and gently caress around with the latest and greatest their pencil-necks cooked up. Fuckin all right by me, a cushy job if I ever saw one.

Until those dumb mother fuckers blew me the gently caress up that is. Can't go too much into it, NDAs 'n poo poo. gently caress, blasted me so loving good, I don't even remember most of it. All I know is, it takes a real dumb loving motherfucker to make a rocket with a range trigger shorter then the loving blast radius. It was one of those thermobaric fuckers, biggest fire ball I ever saw. Took my loving arm, a big fuckin bunch 'a skin, and most of my loving good looks. I was a really handsome motherfucker too. Docs said they cut the other arm off for "balance". gently caress them. Sure, I am strong as poo poo now but I don't think any of those fucks ever tried jerkin' off with a loving metal hand. Assholes never been in the field, never think of this poo poo. A man gets loving lonely after a month in a loving jungle.

Anyway, I get back from R&R and it seemed like the loving pencil-necks had gotten dumber over that 5 months. I mean gently caress, they were never that bright to begin with so now it was like dealing with a pack of loving retards every loving day. And somehow I kept getting reprimanded for "insubordination" when any mother fucker with a loving brain would question every loving thing come out of their dumb loving mouths. gently caress.

So then these fucks call me in, start pitching this Desert Wars bullshit like it's some kinda reward. gently caress them, going out to some loving hot loving hell hole for the express purpose of getting my loving rear end shot off is even more loving retarded then normal. I yeah, I may have thrown some more insubordination at those fucks. But once they started talking about how all this loving metal and plastic in me wasn't a loving gift, then I knew the motherfuckers had me by the balls.

gently caress every last one of them, if I make it outta this loving thing I am gonna have some real loving insubordination to loving show them. Motherfuckers."

Excerpt from Ares R&D Ops File: Ricky "Matches" Zuckerman SIN 8475-4567-5432-4693; Summation by Colonel Doug Anderson, R&D Field OPs Devision posted:

::Operative 8475-4567-5432-4693, henceforth referred to as "Matches" has been judged unfit to continue in his duties as a field operative and research consultant in my division. His psych profile before the accident (Incident Number:68943726-576) and his observed actions prior to that date suggested that he would be a good candidate for enhancement and such enhancements would be a value-added gain to his service to this division. However, something has changed in him post-op. His former beheivour, while at time bordering on insubordinate, was a far cry from what we have been witnessing over the last few years. HR has run a few discrete tests but they have shown no physical problems and Matches is highly resistant to any more psych testing.

Upon the request of central command we did a cost/benefit analysis of "retiring" him and prepossessing his enhancements for use in an other candidate. However, due to the extensive customizations due to his unusual size and the surprising amount of damage and wear they have sustained render this cost ineffective. We are currently searching for another division where he can again become an value adding asset to this company.

Sheet, almost done:
Matches

EDIT: Moved around some stuff, fixed some stuff. Still need to spend 13 Karma and 2 Knowledge points.

bongwizzard fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Mar 19, 2014

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012

Dwarf lifestyle cost penalty applies to cyberware, right?

(Forgive me for asking a rookie question---this is only the 3rd time I've made a char for Shadowrun and there's SO MANY RULES.)

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

It doesn't need to be funny, because it will probably just piss them off

What's there to say about corporate spooks? Sometimes a job just needs doing, regardless of the already fuzzy terms of international law. Sometimes there's a certain thing in a certain place that a corp most certainly needs. Sometimes the dregs Mr. Johnson pulls out of the gutters can't be trusted, or are just plain in so far over their heads that even the Troll is drowning. That's when they call in the spooks.

The Seraphim, the Firewatch, the Red Samurai. Front line troops muscling for the faces of the corporation, but a corp can't always show it's face. Though, that said, sometimes the spook Is a Face, infiltrating, gathering, grinding out the legwork for when the real muscle shows up. Johnson's are spooks, taking care of corp business in their generously awarded vacation time. Anything's deniable so long as it's not on company hours. But when the target is behind walls that words or code won't breach, you pack a small team, and a big gun.

Dess wasn't a whole lot different in that regard. The official position on her file read “Information Security”, but her responsibilities were more along the lines of urban pacification, small scale interdiction, HVT extraction, and asset requisition. An Ares owned PhsyAd, and a lifelong corporate tool, and among her peers, known more for the latter than the former, but all tools tend to wear out sooner or later. New equipment is bought and replaced surely as night and day, and the old just has to go.

Of course, past a certain level of use, the 'equipment' in particular was less like a tool, and more like a Datachip. Now under normal circumstances, ridding ones self of a Datachip is as simple as taking it out back and smashing it to pieces. Simple enough when it's a finger sized stick of plastic, or a wage slave. Less simple when it's a trained military operative. Of course there's always options. The Desert Wars, what better way to quietly funnel old equipment and personnel out the back door and smash them to bits. A healthy grudge match between Corps, flexing their old muscle, butting heads with resources no one cares if they lose. Hell, the only thing they stand to lose are trid profits.

Contact: "You don't get to know many people outside work when your entire life is just one long Corp sponsored Op, but you're bound to meet a few people you can trust. Jermain, little guy, Dwarf I think. Knows what he's doing around a satellite comp station. Maybe he just doesn't have anything better to do. Doesn't matter. Know him well enough to slide a few credits his way for some exclusive uplink coverage, and now that he's one of the chairs manning the video sats, taking footage for this year's 'Desert Wars' Trid, I know just who to call if I want a little pay per view... or Corp Sec movements across the area."

pre:
Name: Dess Ferorvell
Metatype: Human
Concept: Physical Adept

Priorities
A: Attributes 24
B: Magic/Resonance Adept: Magic 6, one Rating 4 Active Skill
C: Skills 28/2
C: Resources 140,000
E: Human

BOD: 1/6  WIL: 1/6  EDG: 2/7       BOD: 5       WIL: 4  EDG: 2
AGI: 1/6  LOG: 1/6  ESS: 6         AGI: 6       LOG: 3  ESS: 6
REA: 1/6  INT: 1/6  INI: REA+INT   REA: 4(6)    INT: 3  INI: 9+3D6
STR: 1/6  CHA: 1/6                 STR: 5       CHA: 2

Limits: M 5| P 7(8)| S 5
Boxes: P | S | O

Positive Qualities
Mentor Spirit: Shark    (-5)
Guts                    (-10)
Natural Athlete         (-7)

Negative Qualities
Bad Rep (Corporate Spook)  (+7)
Spirit Bane (Water Spirits)(+7)
  "So it turns out spirits dislike Corps abusing 
   mentors in their domain for profitability."

Skills
Active Groups
  Outdoors              2
        (Navigation, Survival, Tracking)

Active Individual
  Automatics(AR)        6(9)(+2)
  Pistols(SA)           5(+2)   
  Unarmed Combat(MA)    5(7)(+2)(Sk)
    -Special Combat Aggressive Reactionary Systems
  Gymnastics            3(5)
  Free Fall             2       
  Running               3(5)
  Perception            4       (one Rating 4 Active Skill)
  Armorer               2       (1,2k)
  Hardware              2       
  Demolitions           1       (1k)

Knowledge/Language Skills (12)
  Arabic (Language)                             2
  Corporate Channels: Ares (Professional)       3(+2)
  Corporate Military Tactics (Professional)     4
  S.C.A.R.S. (Interest)                         2
  English                                       N

(#k = level(s) bought with karma)

Gear (140,000Y starting)
Armor                                   (7250)
  Full Body Armor       15(18)  |  Helmet, Env Adaptation Hot
        Helmet          Vis(Flare Compensation, Smart Link)     Aud(SS Filter 2, Spatial Recognizer)
        Cost                            (3500+2250+1500=7250)

Electronics                             (8875)
  Transys Avalon: Sim Mod               (5100)
  3 RFID Tags (Security)                (15)
  RFID Sensor (OD Mic 2)                (140)
  Subvocal Microphone                   (50)
  Trode                                 (70)
  Contacts 1 | LL Vis                   (700)
  Sunglasses 2 | Smartlink, LL Vis      (2700)
  Credstick Gold (Max 100k)             (100)

Weapons                                 (7985)
  Ares Predator V       4 clips |  Quick-draw Holster, Gas-vent System 3 (Smartlink Internal)
        Dam 8(8)        Acc 5(6)(8)     AP -1           Mode SA         RC 3            Ammo 15
        Cost                            (725+600+175+20=1520)
  Ares Alpha            3 clips |  Gas-vent System 3, Imaging Scope, Shock Pad, Gyro Mount (Smartlink Internal)
        Dam 12          Acc 5(6)(8)     AP -2           Mode SA,BF,FA   RC 6(12)         Ammo 42
        Imaging Scope   Vis(ThermoGraphic Vis, Low Light Vis, Magnification)
        Cost                            (2650+600+1400+50+1550+15=6265)
  Survival Knife                        (100)
  Knucks
        Reach 0         Dam 6(7)        Acc 7           AP 0
  Cost                                  (100)

Ammo                                    (8400)
  Heavy Pistol Ammo: Normal 400         (800)
  Heavy Pistol Ammo: Stick n Shock 50   (400)
  Heavy Pistol Ammo: Explosive 200      (1600)
  Assault Rifle Ammo: Normal 1000       (2000)
  Assault Rifle Ammo: APDS 300          (3600)

Misc                                    (16025)
  Survival Kit                          (200)
  Climbing Gear                         (200)
  Biomonitor                            (300)
  Medkit 6                              (1500)
  Medkit 4                              (1000)
  Medkit Supplies                       (100)
  Shop (Armorer)                        (5000)
  5 Explosives Foam 15                  (7500)
  3 Detonator Cap                       (225)

Vehicles(?)

Foci                                    (24000)
  Qi Foci 8: Mystic Armor 4             (24000)
    Back Tattoo - Sharkskin Design

Starting Nuyen                   (140000-72235=67765=5000(+5D6*500): 8000 = 13000)  

Contacts (6)
  Jermain Trike  |  AresSpace SatCom
        L: 3    C: 3    F: 4

Adept Powers:                   (6)

Improved Reflexes 2             (2.5)
Combat Sense 1                  (0.5)
Enhanced Accuracy: Automatics   (0.25)
Enhanced Accuracy: Pistols      (0.25)
Killing Hands                   (Free)
Critical Strike: Unarmed        (0.5)
Improved Ability: Automatics 3  (1.5)
Improved Potential: Physical    (0.5)

Sum                             (6)

-22 Positive Qualities
+14 Negative Qualities
-10  Skills
-7  Skill Specialization(unarmed)
----
0 Karma left

SevenSocks fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Mar 25, 2014

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

InfiniteJesters posted:

Dwarf lifestyle cost penalty applies to cyberware, right?

No. They *only* apply to the lifestyle. From the Hot Patch Errata: "Neither race pays additional cost to have gear customized. This is factored into lifestyles already."

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Apps Thus Far

bunnielab - Matches, Heavy Street Sam

Schizotek - Birch, Dwarf Rigger
kloaked00 - Mark Izzone, Elf Rigger

AmyL - Caustic Belli, Dwarf Mage

Arkangelus - Darius "Wolf" Jones, Bowfighting Adept
Seven Socks - Dess Ferorvell, Corporate Spook Adept
Bouquet - Igider Abrika, Unarmed Combat Adept
Bigass Moth - Karl Bradford, Gunslinger Adept

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Mar 18, 2014

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

It doesn't need to be funny, because it will probably just piss them off
quote =/= edit

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Igider Abrika

"In the desert, one forgets everything and remembers nothing."
Berber saying

Even the people of the desert don't live in the desert of our imagination, filled with towering dunes and endless salt flats. The people of the desert live on the edges, in the cracks, behind the outcrops; anywhere some quirk of geology and fate allows drips and drabs of soil and water to accumulate.

Long ago, the Sahara was not so fierce a place, with enough rain for grass and even trees. But that Sahara is gone now, vanished into ancient tales and the field notebooks of archaeologists. For the past few thousand years, the story of the Sahara is a tale of diminishment. The desert grows, the edges shift, the cracks fill in, the outcrops tumble, the people argue and move and fight and die.

Every now and then, humanity gives nature a push in a certain direction. In 2004, the 10 Second War accelerated the desolation of the Sahara by a few thousand years in one intense rolling blast of nuclear fire. Millions died quickly, and millions more in the following months. A mass exodus away from the radioactive areas resulted in overflowing refugee camps and a breakdown in many of the rigid Berber social customs. From the perspective of Igider Abrika, this led to at least one good thing coming out of the 10 Second War. His parents met at the refugee camp at Djerba Ajim, a former tourist and fishing town abandoned by its residents in the face of fallout fears. They fell in love, and when his mother became pregnant inconveniently early in the courtship, the couple made the foolhardy decision to leave the island on which the refugee camp was (conveniently, from the Tunisian perspective) isolated and return to the desert, instead of making the more popular flight toward the riches of Europe.

The Abrika's first child, a boy, was born in 2008. Life in the interior was not easy, but the couple was stubborn and lucky and managed to accumulate a string of camels and enough contacts to make a living as nomadic traders. A series of miscarriages followed the first birth, and by the time Igider was born in 2018, his parents had begun to believe that radiation damage had made the likelihood of further children nil.

Because his mother had lost so many babies before Igider, his parents were more willing to overlook his somewhat strange features than many other parents of UGE babies. By the time he was older and his elven nature was clear, his family was happy to accept the fact of his existence.

As he grew, Igider had a variety of roles in the family business, but where he excelled the most was in scouting and guarding the camp at night, areas where his keen senses and ability to move unnoticed were most valuable.

As his parents aged and retired from the family business, Igider moved on to other professions, with time spent as a poacher, smuggler, revolutionary, counter-revolutionary, bandit, border guard, park ranger, assassin, hunting guide, etc. Even in a single human lifetime in the Sahara, one sees marvels and experiences massive change and Igider has already lived one human lifetime and is just reaching his prime.

During one of his times of employment by the Tunisian government as a border guard, Igider came to realize that some of his skills and abilities were not just superior, but superior in strange ways that implied some kind of magical influence. The tipping point, of course, was when he compared his ability to fool the ground-vibration sensors installed along the border with his peers. Even the most skilled among them, and there were several who had spent time in the smuggling profession alongside Igider before "retiring" to government service, found it impossible to duplicate the elf's ability to run at full speed without setting off the sensors.

After much discussion, his friends at last convinced Igider that he was good enough and unique enough to play in the big leagues of the megacorps instead of wasting his time in a little hut with a gate in the middle of nowhere tracking down smugglers to shake down for bribes.

Igider made his way to Tamanrassat, where he slowly built up a reputation as a local who could get useful things done and learned more about the nature of his magical talents. A few years ago, he managed to arrange an exclusive retainer contract with Ares, and his record of reliability and success since then has been good.

A few days ago, the Ares team got word that one of the infiltrators recruited by HR for this season had been lost on an operation shortly before he was supposed to fly out to Tunisia. They decided to give the local a chance, figuring it would make HR happy to avoid all the recruiting costs and it never hurt to have HR owe you a favor. Plus, who knows? The elf might survive.

"Hope is the last thing to die."
Berber saying

pre:
A: 24 Attributes B: 36/5 Skills C: Adept 4 Magic (2 Active) C: Elf (3)  E: Resources 6k

BOD: 3     AGI: 5     REA: 4 (7) STR: 4
WIL: 2     LOG: 2     INT: 4     CHA: 3
EDG: 2     MAG: 6     ESS: 6     INI: 8 (11) + 1d6 (+ 3d6)
LIMITS: M4 | P6 | S5
BOXES: P10, S9, OF3 

Negative Qualities:
Allergy (Mild, Seawater (Common)) (10 karma)

Karma(0/25 Remaining):
Initiate Grade 2 (29)
12k nuyen (6)

Skills: 36+2/5
Combat Active
Firearms group 4
Heavy Weapons 1
Blades 5 (Knives)

Physical Active
Disguise 2 (Camouflage)
Free Fall 1
Gymnastics 1
Perception 6
Running 3
Sneaking 6
Survival 2 (Desert)
Tracking 2

Social Skills
Influence group 1

Magical Skills
Astral Combat 1
Assensing 2

Technical Skills
First Aid 1
Navigation 2

Knowledges:
Tuareg Berber N
Arabic 4
English 3
Natural history 4 (North Africa)

Initiate Grade: 2
Adept Powers:
Astral perception            (1.00 pp)
Combat sense               1 (0.50 pp)
Enhanced perception        1 (0.50 pp)
Improved reflexes          3 (3.50 pp)
Traceless walk               (1.00 pp)
Spell resistance           2 (1.00 pp)
Wall running                 (0.50 pp)

Contacts: (9 free)
Tabat Abrika (Con: 1 Loyalty: 5) - Igider's human brother, now reaching
   middle age. Drives a bus on the airport-Tamanrassat route
Ikram the Bookie (Con: 2 Loyalty: 1) - One of several bookies active in
   Tamanrassat, he takes bets on the action from the residents (both permanent and temporary)

Weapons and Armor (9473 nuyen)
Ares Light Fire 75 = 1125
Hidden arm slide = 350
Ares Chameleon suit = 1530
Ares Alpha (w/ Suppresser and Airburst Link) = 3375
Ares combat knife = 270
Ares full body armor + helmet (w/ trodes) = 2313
Survival knife = 100
2x regular ammo for two guns = 80
1x stick'n'shock ammo for two guns = 160
1x gel rounds for two guns = 50
1x APDS for pistol = 120

Other Gear (8525 nuyen): 
Goggles R:4 (w/ Smartlink, Image Link,
  Thermographic, Flare compensation) = 2975
Binoculars R:3 (w/ Vision enhancement 3) = 1650
Ear buds R:3 (w/ Audio enhancement 3) = 1650
Renraku sensei commlink R: 3 = 1000
Subvocal mic = 50
Satellite uplink = 500
Survival kit = 200
Rapelling gloves = 50
Gecko tape gloves = 250
Gas mask = 200

Remaining resources: 2 (+ 5d6*500)? nuyen

Bouquet fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Mar 24, 2014

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012

QuantumNinja posted:

No. They *only* apply to the lifestyle. From the Hot Patch Errata: "Neither race pays additional cost to have gear customized. This is factored into lifestyles already."

Oh, awesome. I'll get the sheet up either tonight or tomorrow then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

After six years' combat in the UCAS army and another three in Ares' elite Firewatch squad, I thought I had seen it all. Imagine my surprise when I was asked to join Ares' Desert Wars team: the prospects of fame, wealth, and glory were way more than I was ever going to get working for Uncle Sam or guarding some slag with a briefcase.

I suppose I shouldn't have been too shocked to be asked to join the Wars. My unique combination of magical ability and selected augmentations made me a prime candidate when you factor in my track record in actual desert conflicts. I've proven myself time and time again so now it's time to really make my mark.

Name: Karl Bradford
Metatype: Human
Nationality: UCAS (Ohio)
Appearance: 6'3, 220 lbs, white male, brown hair, extensive tattoos (Army markings, 2070s "tough guy" tattoos)
Attributes: A / Magic (Adept): B / Skills: C / Resources: C / Metatype: E

Body 5
Agility 6
Reaction 5 (8)
Strength 5
Willpower 4
Logic 3
Intuition 5
Charisma 2
Edge 3
Magic 5
Essence 5.08
Initiative 13 +4D6

Limits:
Mental 5 -> 5
Physical 7.666666667 -> 8
Social 4.36 -> 5

Skills:
Stealth Skill Group 2
Automatics (Assault Rifles) 6(7)(+2)
Etiquette 1
Gymnastics 2
Heavy Weapons (Grenade Launchers) 6(+2)
Perception 6
Survival 4
Unarmed Combat 6

Knowledge Skills (Int+Log)x2
English N
Arabic 3
Current Events 3
French 3
Military Theory 3
Security Procedures 4

Bonus Karma Usage Bonus
Charisma to 2 10
Logic to 3 25
Mentor Spirit (Bear) 5
Quick Healer 3
1 Skill at 1 2
Distinctive Style (Excessive Tattoos) -5
Prejudiced (Biased, Renraku) -5
Weak Immune System -10

Adept Powers Cost
Combat Sense 3 1.5
Increased Reflexes 3 3.5
Rapid Healing 1 Free (Bear Totem)

Contacts:
Fixer 5/1 - John Cooper, former Army quartermaster who relocated to Libya to work the black market

Augments
Cyberears 2 5400 0.24 Alpha
Cyberears Augments: Damper, Audio Enhancement 3, Spatial Recognizer, Select Sound Filter 2 30300 Alpha
Cybereyes 3 12000 0.32 Alpha
Cybereyes Augments: Image Link, Smartlink, Flare Compensation, Vision Enh 3, Thermo, Low Light 24000 Alpha
Datajack 1200 0.08 Alpha
Internal Air Tank 3 16200 0.2 Alpha
Reflex Recorder (Automatics) 16800 0.08 Alpha

Weapons ACC Damage AP Mode RC Ammo Notes Cost
Ares Alpha 5(7) 11P -2 SA/BF/FA 6 42© Internal Smartlink, Grenade Launcher 2385
Ares Alpha mods Gas Vent 3, Shock Pad, Airburst Link, 10 clips 1300
Ares Crusader II 5(7) 7P SA/BF 2 40© Internal Gas Vent II, Internal Smartlink 747
Ares Crusader II mods 4 clips, Quick-Draw Holster 195
Shock Gloves Phys 8s e -5 550
Survival Knife 5 (Str+2)P -1 100

Armor Rating Cost Notes
Full Body Armor 15 6500 Insulation 5, Nonconductivity 5, Fire Resistance 5
Full Body Armor Helmet 3 500

Gear Cost
Ammo: APDS rounds x800 9600
Ammo: High Explosive Mini Grenades x10 1000
Ammo: Flash Bang Mini Grenades x10 1000
Biomonitor 300
Bug Scanner 6 600
Clothing 20
Crowbar 20
Flashlight 25
Flash-pak x4 500
Glue Solvent 90
Glue Sprayer 150
Light Stick x3 75
Medkit rating 6 1500
Micro Transciever 100
Platic restraints (10) 5
Rappelling Gloves 50
RFID Datachip x5 25
RFID standard tags x10 10
Silver Credstick (max 20,000) 20
Survival Kit 200
Tag Eraser 450
Transys Avalon Commlink w/ Sim module 5100
White Noise Generator 6 300

Starting nuyen: 140000 - 139317 = 683

On a side note, no D category was tough as hell for a magical character!

Bigass Moth fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Mar 18, 2014

• Locked thread