Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

The few pop-musical cues that've happened so far in this series are amazing. I haven't thought of Belly since ... 1998 or something. I don't even care that it was most likely played to highlight the stupid 7th-heaveny-style sitcom wrap-up between Jerry and Beth. They know their bitter 30-something audience to a T.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!
Yeah, they really use music effectively, both for pathos and comedic effect. It sort of reminds me of Community's first season in that regard. And I think you're absolutely right about them knowing their audience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN5rW6H9IHM&t=100s

:smith:

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Gazorpazorpfield is kind of a dick.

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Steven, are you telling LIES?
Gazorpazorpfield does not bother with mailing all of Nermal to Abu Dahbi. All he mails is the head.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

What's it going to take to make Gazorpazorpfield into a real show?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I'm willing to lay down serious cash for some Turbulent Juice.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Nice to know Lemongrab is getting work in infinite universes.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

nooneofconsequence posted:

What's it going to take to make Gazorpazorpfield into a real show?

A trip to the universe where Lorenzo Music is still alive. :(

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

hcreight posted:

Can't they just get Bill Murray instead?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

hcreight posted:

Hey hcreight, it's me, gazorpazorpation.

Boy, gently caress you hcreight, you dumb, stupid IDIOT.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Occupation posted:

Hey hcreight, it's me, gazorpazorpation.

Boy, gently caress you hcreight, you dumb, stupid IDIOT.

You white guilt, milquetoast piece of human garbage!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

While pondering the logistics of Trunk People sex, I realized the strangest thing about that worldline is that they take political cues from a group called Michael Denny and the Denny Singers.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Okay first time seeing this episode with Morty and the sex robot and the squeaking ceiling is glorious :allears:

EDIT: Holy poo poo it's Zardoz

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Mar 17, 2014

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Okay first time seeing this episode with Morty and the sex robot and the squeaking ceiling is glorious :allears:

Me too. Also, loving Zardoz reference. Nice.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Was that supposed to be a butchered version of Holdin' Out For a Hero by Bonnie Tyler?

EDIT: Wow... Marmaduke is some dark poo poo :stare:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

What, did you think it was supposed to be funny?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Oh I love me Strawberry Smiggles! Oooh I hope nobody ever gets my hands on me and tries to steal my Strawberry Smiggles! I'm gonna eat every last one of them because- and then they'll be in my stomach and noooobody will ever be able to eat them except for me because they're gonna be all inside my stomach! Ummm....my name is mister...Tophat...Jones and- god forbid anyone ever take my smirking little..piggl-Smiggles! I'm keeping them all for me! Mmm oh mmmm. Last bite. Mmm, now they're all resting comfortably in my stomach! Ooh am I feeling good!

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

NO! GET AWAY FROM ME! GET AWAY FROM ME THERE'S NO MORE STRAWBERRY SMIGGLES NOO-OOO-AGHGHGHG! JESUS CHRIST! JESUS CHRIST! IT HURTS! MY ENTRAILS ARE OUT! WHY WOULD YOU EVEN WANT TO EAT THESE?! AND THEN THEY'RE SOAKED WITH MY STOMACH ACID! OH JESUS CHRIST, LORD SAVIOR AND-AND SPIRIT SAVE ME, TAKE ME TO THE LIGHT! OH MY GOD, I SEE DEMONS! I SEE DEMONS ARE COMING!

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.
I just read all of that aloud while cackling like a moron and I think my girlfriend wishes I was dead.

I just love hearing him improvise the name. 'My name is Mr...Tophat...uhhh...Jones...'

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I pray to God that the season 1 DVD has a behind the scenes/making of for that episode.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
Regarding Rick breaking the fourth wall, Rick has the capacity to view other dimensions. He can address the TV audience because he can see you. Even as you spend time watching him, he's spending time watching you. Possibly when you're in the shower, having sex or on the toilet. Then he probably sells that footage of you in other dimensions to finance his research.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

johntfs posted:

Regarding Rick breaking the fourth wall, Rick has the capacity to view other dimensions. He can address the TV audience because he can see you. Even as you spend time watching him, he's spending time watching you. Possibly when you're in the shower, having sex or on the toilet. Then he probably sells that footage of you in other dimensions to finance his research.

Hi, I'm Mister Toilet Footage Buyer, I'll buy that toilet footage for 25 schmeckles! :v:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

johntfs posted:

So in an alternate dimension Rick is Jeff Goldblum? :v:

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.

johntfs posted:

Are you tired of real fourth walls cluttering up your house?

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Captain Foxy posted:

Are you tired of real fourth walls cluttering up your house?

Not really. I just cover them up with fake doors.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I'm just going to skip the last 100 posts, which I'm sure is full of spoilery talk from people who watched the episode online, either in 15-second segments or stitched together. Now the episode actually starts like god intended: on the TV box.

I'd ask a mod to pin the thread but not even the Archer thread got pinned this week so I doubt it's worth the effort.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Ants in my eyes Johnson was fantastic.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Every possible reality with Summer is a bad reality.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I'M ANTS IN MY EYES JOHNSON is amazing.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
TWO BROTHERS!!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Hahaahah holy poo poo :stare:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

You're welcome.

Oh hey, Black Lagoon promo. Glad to see they're going to do this throughout the week.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I too would rather be watching a show called Ball Fondlers.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Mister Kingdom posted:

TWO BROTHERS!!

It's just called Two Brothers :laffo:

And drat it, every time Rick goes into the kitchen there I want some wafer cookies.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I love how all these TV bits are just Justin Roiland saying his ideas for TV shows.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

JT Jag posted:

Every possible reality with Summer is a bad reality.

Not a "bad" reality, just predictable with no Johny Depp or cocaine.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

This is not what I imagined when I heard about a show called "Ball Fondlers"

edit: fakedoors.com is not a real website :(

oh poo poo meta commercial

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Mar 18, 2014

Pong Daddy
Oct 12, 2012
Gotta say I'm pretty disappointed that fakedoors.com isn't a real website

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I'd watch gazorpazorpfield

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Justin was just recording himself making up poo poo.

• Locked thread