Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

marquis27 posted:

Do you have any additional information on this presale? Where it will be online, etc? Sorry, I am having a hard time tracking down details.

Facebook presale Tues 10am
Live Nation presale Wed 10am
General Sale Fri 10am

All through ticketmaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Dr Tran posted:

Ugh, I just spent $550.
yay Bowl seats

2 dates, 1 ticket for each, kenneling for my dog, and hotel room in Virginia Beach. I'm dropping like $800 on this goddamn tour.

But since it's back-to-back dates I'll get different sets. :woop: Worth it.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know if this has been posted but it's pretty funny. Josh and Trent before the most recent Aussie tour.

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

I wonder if big-rear end production tour followed by co-headline amphitheatre with minimal production tour to regain the money spent is going to be a thing now. This is the second time he's done it.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Run Dodo Run posted:

I wonder if big-rear end production tour followed by co-headline amphitheatre with minimal production tour to regain the money spent is going to be a thing now. This is the second time he's done it.

well if it worked the first time then I don't see why not.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

I told myself, naah, I'll still be able to get pre-sale tickets for Austin at 5pm, I don't need to wake up at noon. :sigh:

So are these tickets like more expensive than Tension was? And it's minimal production and you have to listen to Soundgarden?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

roboshit posted:

I told myself, naah, I'll still be able to get pre-sale tickets for Austin at 5pm, I don't need to wake up at noon. :sigh:

So are these tickets like more expensive than Tension was? And it's minimal production and you have to listen to Soundgarden?

Yeah, I honestly can't see this tour as being remotely worth it unless you want to see Soundgarden or you just need to see NIN on every tour.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I'm holding out for the club tour that coincides with a Fragile remaster. Trent likes money, he'll do it.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

axleblaze posted:

Yeah, I honestly can't see this tour as being remotely worth it unless you want to see Soundgarden or you just need to see NIN on every tour.

Check and check. I've seen NIN tour every album since Lollapalooza in 1991 and I have to say other than the pure mayhem of the Further Down The Spiral '94 tour, Lights in the Sky tour from '08 was by far the best experience.

Scored two tickets for section 2 (middle) row Q with the NIN.com pre-sale.

Baron Von Ghoulosh fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Mar 18, 2014

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
Well, that was one hell of a lot less painful. 4 GA Lawns bought and it's 10:02

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

Photex posted:

well if it worked the first time then I don't see why not.

Oh I'm not complaining.

Well, I am, because I'd like to see the full production show at least once without having to fly to the states. The production for the smaller club shows wasn't scaled up and looked awful in the European arenas last time around, which is why I'm skipping this time, especially considering it's not cheap. I think the UK gigs cost around the US costs for Tension, and the production just isn't worth it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

magiccarpet posted:

I'm holding out for the club tour that coincides with a Fragile remaster. Trent likes money, he'll do it.

This is assuming that the Fragile remaster is ever going to actually happen.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
I've got my first NIN show coming up in two days! Holy poo poo this is exciting!

Reports from the Auckland show sound really promising, especially considering how poo poo the sound quality in Vector Arena is, so things can only be better really.

Pararoid fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Mar 20, 2014

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

also i wound up only being able to get lawn seats, im short, blecccccchhhhh

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

John Cena posted:

also i wound up only being able to get lawn seats, im short, blecccccchhhhh
Rob's face hahahahaha

This may be the happiest I've ever seen Trent look :allears:

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I wish I could find the old picture of Trent at Splash Mountain back during the Perfect Drug days but have this picture of them on the Men In Black ride as a consolation prize.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

This is pissing me off. I just want to get floor tickets for the Austin show and it's giving me tickets way way in the back. There's no loving way all the floor tickets sold out during the pre-sale.

Nevermind, I got my tickets because I can't read instructions. I'll bring some lorazepam to the show in case Soundgarden plays first so I can sleep through them.

roboshit fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Mar 21, 2014

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Well I was able to get 2 lawn tickets (one for me and one for my girlfriend) for the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion show in The Woodlands on 8/16. I tried to get the next level up, which I think was the back row of seating, but those seemed to be sold out already. They had a $20 early bird lawn offer so the tickets were only like $30 a piece with tax and extra fees and poo poo. Lawn's not necessarily how I wanted to see them but oh well, hopefully I'll be able to see them from far away or on the monitors next to the stage or something, and that's much cheaper than I thought they were going to be anyway.

Oddly enough, in the bonus offers at the bottom of the page when you're going through checkout, they had Year Zero Remixed listed as an option. Hesitation Marks MP3 download was in there too but I thought it was weird they had that on there. Maybe they're planning on playing a good bit of YZ material or maybe it's completely unrelated.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Oddly enough, in the bonus offers at the bottom of the page when you're going through checkout, they had Year Zero Remixed listed as an option. Hesitation Marks MP3 download was in there too but I thought it was weird they had that on there. Maybe they're planning on playing a good bit of YZ material or maybe it's completely unrelated.

Maybe they'll play the extremely awesome Modwheelmood remix of Great Destroyer

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I've always liked that remix even more than the original, and I like the original a hell of a lot. Seeing it live on the LITS tour in '08 was one of my greatest concert experiences ever :swoon:

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Speaking of Great Destroyer live, here's a setlist from the Newcastle show.

Edit: That was HUGE...

ExplodingSquid fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Mar 26, 2014

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

ExplodingSquid posted:

Edit: That was HUGE...

Mother of god :staredog:

ballgameover.mp3
Oct 21, 2008
Wow, that second half. Trying to burn some calories?

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

ExplodingSquid posted:

Nice set. We got "The warning", "came back haunted" and "The wretched" down here in Melbourne. See here
It was funny, because after he was done with the wretched, he said words along the line of 'I was in a bad place when i wrote that. Let's lighten the mood with a song about the destruction of the world', and then busted into the warning.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
In Adelaide the show started with Me, I'm not -> Beginning of the End -> Survivalism. And then they played Vessel later on.

What I'm saying is I love the poo poo outta some Year Zero live and they really delivered on that.

Also for a show that was obviously so complicated to put on it was amazing the pace that they fired through these songs. One of the other shows in Australia got everyone's favorite loo break number "something I can never have" :3:

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

The first Sydney show was a heavier one but this show was just so drat dancey! It was great!

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I've asked before and got no response, but I figured I'd try my luck again. I want to pull a McDonalds and cover a wall with the Fragile LP booklet, but I'd rather not tear up my version as its signed (heh heh). Do any PDFs exist of it?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
There's a video now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xg-Wk2DEXs

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

http://pitchfork.com/news/54564-echo-chamber-trent-reznor-says-neil-youngs-pono-looks-like-a-toblerone/

Trent Reznor posted:

Anything that elevates music back to where it should be is inherently cool. I have great admiration for Neil Young as an artist. But as a device I can't pretend it doesn't look a bit like a Toblerone.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm just a copy of a copy of a choclate.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I'm disappointed Trent thinks audiophile woowoo is cool.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

TOOT BOOT posted:

I'm disappointed Trent thinks audiophile woowoo is cool.

The best part is that PonoMusic is a terrible device even for people who like audiophile woowoo.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I guessing working in the relevant field doesn't really make you immune to magical thinking. My sister has worked in the medical field for 20 years and she's delaying back surgery to pursue alternative medicine.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It took me so long to figure out even what the Pono was because of all the eyerollingly awful videos of people just assuring me that it would sound better and how mp3s are destroying music as we know it. From what I can tell it's just a really ugly player that emphasizes lossless formats and has a light that tells you when you're using one.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

It's supposed to be portable but is shaped like a triangle so it fits in precisely 0 pockets.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
It's funny because crappy mastering makes such a bigger impact on how a recording sounds than whether you're listening to it on analog or lossless or whatever. So if anyone other than the mixers and engineers are working on a "solution" it's pretty much a waste of time, except in some sort of indirect "proving there are people who care about how their music sounds" sort of way.

This project is the physical and financial manifestation of a YouTube video of some old musician saying these young people don't know what it's like to make real music without a computer and it just ain't the same, or whatever. It's kind of embarrassing. It's a backwards and unnecessary "solution". Fix the way your albums are being digitally mastered and the rest will fix itself. CDs and mp3s don't magically ruin music.

Sir Lemming fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Mar 31, 2014

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

Sir Lemming posted:

It's funny because crappy mastering makes such a bigger impact on how a recording sounds than whether you're listening to it on analog or lossless or whatever. So if anyone other than the mixers and engineers are working on a "solution" it's pretty much a waste of time, except in some sort of indirect "proving there are people who care about how their music sounds" sort of way.

This project is the physical and financial manifestation of a YouTube video of some old musician saying these young people don't know what it's like to make real music without a computer and it just ain't the same, or whatever. It's kind of embarrassing. It's a backwards and unnecessary "solution". Fix the way your albums are being digitally mastered and the rest will fix itself. CDs and mp3s don't magically ruin music.

Yup.

Neil Young was an embarrassment in the Sound City documentary, as well. Going on about how digital audio has been flawed from the ground up, and that the engineers who originally designed the analog to digital process made a mistake. He came off as an old man completely out of his element.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
In the kickstarter video they have one guy saying that it's like having a record player in your car and that pretty much speaks to the type of people that this is for (if that wasn't enough there's also the part where they explain that you can get good audio out of it no matter what but it's better if you have more expensive cables).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Buddy of mine posted this on Facebook. It's an early version of The Eater Of Dreams from Alessandro's YouTube that sounds way cooler and beep-boopier than the album version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyc_9uMk8cE