Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

in all seriousness i do have a whole bunch of stoned nonsense but its stoned nonsense with some vague weird insight

no, there is no "vague weird insight". it's straight up nonsense. if you think otherwise, it's because you've taken too many drugs and/or you're a gullible idiot.

go talk to a shrink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Deviant posted:

seek. medical. help.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

we're beyond bad posting at this point we are literally instructing you to seek medical help

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

i know how great it feels when you get really high and everything just -clicks- and you suddenly understand what the phrase At One With The Universe means and what those old hippies were on about etc etc

but when you come back down, it's really important to remember that there are two explanations for how you felt:
  • either you really did achieve a spectacular breakthrough but just couldn't explain it
  • or your pattern-recognition wiring was loving blitzed and had resorted to just making poo poo up out of whole cloth
guess which one is more likely.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

not correct fyi those guys were the smart ones, just to clear it up. ramujan, reimann, nash, von neumann, feynmann, levi-cevitta, etc- all rly cool smart dudes too

you're losing it. you can't say that our knowledge system is flawed because it was developed with "lovely abstractions by dumbs" and then qualify it with "well uh except for all of the greatest mathematicians and physicists in human history" when they were responsible for 99% of the system you're trying to shred

get

help

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

seriously just print this out and take it to the doctor and they'll know what to do

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

you missed the bit where he claimed to have the same style of thought as ramanujan and that's why he didn't have to be rigorous in his thinking

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

this is the true beauty of the information age as long as you save your craziness and look at it later and do some hard work ur totally fine.

have you heard of the expression "polishing a turd"

pointers
Sep 4, 2008

Deviant posted:

seek. medical. help.

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

Werthog 95 posted:

please respond to the weed psychosis allegations, mister super awesome

the first symptom of a psychosis is that you do not realize you're in a psychosis.

wait. that's not a symptom.

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

Deviant posted:

seek. medical. help.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

itt the slow death of a thread; cause of death: mrsa

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

*in coach z voice* i had that once

Dec 26, 2012

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

ur right, my posting is terrible and insane, fortunately for everyone involved im much more sane irl (and not doing any crazy irl poo poo other than bad posting)

in all seriousness i do have a whole bunch of stoned nonsense but its stoned nonsense with some vague weird insight that hopefully thru the magic of computers to save and timestamp, i can just recreate and then look at in a non-stoned light and make a computer thing. this is the true beauty of the information age as long as you save your craziness and look at it later and do some hard work ur totally fine. its easy to make good poo poo urself these days too: look at john carmack and doom, woz and apple etc

wait did i just unironically try to and roll with the punches in yospos? gently caress

yo i know we kid around a lot on this gay forum but this isnt a case of everyone warming you over, nobody is throwing punches for you to roll with. everything you are posting suggests you have some severe mental poo poo going down and you should address that pronto instead of keeping on keeping on

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
just buy a CO detector, i bet you got a gas leak or somethin

PENETRATION TESTS
Dec 26, 2011

built upon dope and vice
nah that causes lethargy not posting

PENETRATION TESTS
Dec 26, 2011

built upon dope and vice
seriouspost maybe you should send your ideas in an email to some prominent physicists they really like that

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Jonny 290 posted:

just buy a CO detector, i bet you got a gas leak or somethin

he been huffin him own farts

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

everyone should lighten up i mean what if he's really the next wolfram, goedel, schroedinger, hilbert, feynmann, ramanujan, maxwell, von neumann, nash, turing, reimann, levi-cevitta, goldback, hawking, carmack, wozniak, jobs rolled into one? boy are you guys faces gonna be red

you dummies are just too darn dumb to understand

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

A New Kind of Shitposting

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

0/10 heaviside getting no props at all gas thread

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

01011001 posted:

yo i know we kid around a lot on this gay forum but this isnt a case of everyone warming you over, nobody is throwing punches for you to roll with. everything you are posting suggests you have some severe mental poo poo going down and you should address that pronto instead of keeping on keeping on

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

feel its worth mentioning itt that Epic has just set the Unreal Engine licence to $20/month and will be sticking the source on github this evening

:psyduck:

https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/welcome-to-unreal-engine-4

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

peepsalot posted:

everyone should lighten up i mean what if he's really the next wolfram, goedel, schroedinger, hilbert, feynmann, ramanujan, maxwell, von neumann, nash, turing, reimann, levi-cevitta, goldback, hawking, carmack, wozniak, jobs rolled into one? boy are you guys faces gonna be red

you dummies are just too darn dumb to understand
This isn't helpful

01011001 posted:

This may be

Seriously dude.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

coffeetable posted:

feel its worth mentioning itt that Epic has just set the Unreal Engine licence to $20/month and will be sticking the source on github this evening

i wish i knew enough about aeronautics to write a flight simulator. i want one that's actually good and not lovely and man, a ue4 powered flight sim would be just spectacular to look at

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

coffeetable posted:

wooah that is a fuckin sw8 deal

sports
Sep 1, 2012
YOSPOS: i was told i was a genius as a kid, and now as a cj i still maintain this thought

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

ShadowHawk posted:

This isn't helpful
ok let me repeat the same thing of literally every other reply to mrsa because its clearly working well and getting through to him

Dec 26, 2012

coffeetable posted:

so is this a response to unity becoming a big deal in recent years or what?

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

coffeetable posted:

wow

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

01011001 posted:

so is this a response to unity becoming a big deal in recent years

yes

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

01011001 posted:

so is this a response to unity becoming a big deal in recent years or what?

probably that, and fewer major studios using Unreal. EA has their own internal 3D engine now, and even the new mass effect game is using it, despite the first 3 ME games using Unreal.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
ea also uses unity (as well as other stuff)

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
i wonder if it'll have an os x editor now.

with unity, ios devs can do everything on their mac. with unreal, even though it supported deploying to ios, you had to either use a pc or set up bootcamp on your mac because unreal's editor only ran on windows.

Dec 26, 2012

Doc Block posted:

probably that, and fewer major studios using Unreal. EA has their own internal 3D engine now, and even the new mass effect game is using it, despite the first 3 ME games using Unreal.

good

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Dr. Honked posted:

ea also uses unity (as well as other stuff)

really? i was under the impression that they were trying to get all their games to use frostbite now, at least for all the major titles.

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

-

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Doc Block posted:

really? i was under the impression that they were trying to get all their games to use frostbite now, at least for all the major titles.

frostbite doesn't run on mobile :11tea:

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I bet the twist ending is Dracula's dick-babies

coffeetable posted:

lol

"id tech who?" -the entire games industry, even more than now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
looks like UnrealEd supports OS X now.

very interesting...