Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Fuzz posted:

More importantly, will his arms be thicker than his head? I swear everyone but Scarecrow and Joker were jacked up beyond belief... AC at least toned it down slightly.

Commissioner Popeye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

:stonk: What's wrong with his hands?!

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Commissioner Popeye.

gordon's been taking training tips from Chris Boulder-Fucker Redfield.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

Keeku posted:

I just take it as this is a different artist's take on Gordon.

Isn't that pretty much Gary Oldman?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Goddamn line launcher's crappy aiming cost me a three-bat run on Record Breaker Extreme :argh:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Goddamn line launcher's crappy aiming cost me a three-bat run on Record Breaker Extreme :argh:

This is the method I used to get three bats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DDhaVTw6oQ

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I always said, I couldn't believe they used "Gordon was kidnapped!" as a plot in Asylum. Not because it's been done a bajillion times, but because between the model and the gruffer voice performance he seemed fully capable of ripping anyone's head off.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, if there's two things that bother me about the Rocksteady games, it's typically that the games try to:

1. Make things dark and hardcore, just for the sake of being dark and hardcore. (See all of the "bitch" dialogue towards Catwoman... and every other female in Arkham City not named Nora Fries.)

2. Diminish the intelligence and threat of anyone not named Batman or Joker, even if it makes characters look incompetent. (Hugo Strange, Gordon, Bane)

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Mar 18, 2014

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Neo Rasa posted:

I always said, I couldn't believe they used "Gordon was kidnapped!" as a plot in Asylum. Not because it's been done a bajillion times, but because between the model and the gruffer voice performance he seemed fully capable of ripping anyone's head off.

And then they did it again near the end of Origins lmao.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yeah, if there's two things that bother me about the Rocksteady games, it's typically that the games try to:

1. Make things dark and hardcore, just for the sake of being dark and hardcore. (See all of the "bitch" dialogue towards Catwoman... and every other female in Arkham City not named Nora Fries.)

2. Diminish the intelligence and threat of anyone not named Batman or Joker, even if it makes characters look incompetent. (Hugo Strange, Gordon, Bane)

Don't forget all the "I'm gonna make you my bitch!" talk to Bruce Wayne.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Let's pretend all we know about Arkham Knight is "Batmobile." What elements of the last three games would you combine to make the perfect Batman game? What would you do differently? Who would be the villains?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'd love to answer all of those questions, but I'm not particularly in the mood for going in-depth.

I will say that I think Ventriloquist should be in this game, though. I wonder if they'll keep Wesker's inability to pronounce the letter "B" if he shows up.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'd love to answer all of those questions, but I'm not particularly in the mood for going in-depth.

I will say that I think Ventriloquist should be in this game, though. I wonder if they'll keep Wesker's inability to pronounce the letter "B" if he shows up.

His puppet is on display in one game, can't remember if it "mysteriously vanishes" later, since the first two games had a lot of little details like that.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Well, Joker has Scarface in Asylum and City.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
And Scarface ended in up a crib dressed up as baby Joker in the Harley DLC. So obviously the doll will carry on that persona, end up pulling all the strings in the game, thus becoming the final boss. And of course be voiced by Mark Hamill.

Excels posted:

Let's pretend all we know about Arkham Knight is "Batmobile." What elements of the last three games would you combine to make the perfect Batman game?

Well the only thing the Batmobile has done in the last three games is run someone over in Asylum, so we are off to a good start there.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Paused posted:

Well the only thing the Batmobile has done in the last three games is run someone over in Asylum, so we are off to a good start there.

Hey, it also got hit with baseball bats and had an item in the trunk.

So, uh, baseball bats and items confirmed.

HenessyHero
Mar 4, 2008

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:
I figure they must have a fantastic set piece/set pieces in mind for the batmobile in Knight, otherwise I think I prefer the batplane fast travel approach for vehicles.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

HenessyHero posted:

I figure they must have a fantastic set piece/set pieces in mind for the batmobile in Knight, otherwise I think I prefer the batplane fast travel approach for vehicles.

What if the batmobile can drive up vertical walls?

HenessyHero
Mar 4, 2008

Batman doesn't need the batmobile to climb walls silly, all he needs is a rope and celebrity guests.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

HenessyHero posted:

Batman doesn't need the batmobile to climb walls silly, all he needs is a rope and celebrity guests.

....So you're saying Batman keeps Dick Clark in his utility belt?

Pre-ordered!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

As much as I like the idea of the Batmobile peeking shyly around corners as it follows you, I'm hoping you can command it remotely through the map screen, so you can use it as a distraction while you infiltrate a heavily-fortified area.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I also hope that the Batmobile follows you indoors for predator sections, and you can see it jumping from gargoyle to gargoyle right behind you.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

redbackground posted:

I also hope that the Batmobile follows you indoors for predator sections, and you can see it jumping from gargoyle to gargoyle right behind you.

Thug examines gargoyle with his thermal goggles, illuminating the Batmobile see-sawing wildly atop it.

"He ain't here!"

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Use the Batmobile as mobile corner cover in the lobby of Wayne Industries.

:stare: "What the... HE JUST VANISHED."
:gonk: "OH GOD, WHERE'D HE GO?!"
*vroom*

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I love you guys for stuff like this. :3: The Batmobile behaving like the options from Gradius or something. This needs to be a DLC or unlockable thing.

"Probably rats."

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

As much as I like the idea of the Batmobile peeking shyly around corners as it follows you

I would love it if this happened with no explanation for it whatsoever. You leave the Batmobile parked at a particular spot and wander away - a few blocks later you turn the corner and it's right there. You pause and check your map, did you go in a circle? Did you forget where you parked it? The Batmobile is just sitting there, engine off. You spot a group of thugs in the distance and shrug to yourself as you head over to introduce your boots to their skulls. You must have just gotten a bit lost, no big deal. A few minutes later, you finish off the thugs and turn to head back to your car - except it's gone. It's not those few blocks away where you last saw it. Where did it go? You turn back around and it's directly behind you, inches away. Waiting for you. Not a single character in the game behaves as if this is in any way unusual.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
So it would kind of like be this with a multi-ton bat-themed vehicle instead? Where do I put my money to get that?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
holy poo poo I read the post above yours and two sentences in I thought of Creepy Watson.

HenessyHero
Mar 4, 2008

Canemacar posted:

....So you're saying Batman keeps Dick Clark in his utility belt?

Pre-ordered!

You may joke but I bet there's going to be an easter egg where figuring out how to grapple up an otherwise unselectable gargoyle nets you an old school building climb sequence but with modern cameos featuring hot young stars like Nate Drake or Professor Layton.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I'd probably try to introduce non-linearity, or multiple routes. Go full-on 'simulated environment' and just be told 'Penguin is in this building, Freeze in this one, Two-Face over here. Go get 'em!' and it's up to you if you try to find a hidden entrance through the basement, or go in through the roof or a window, chase down thugs for intel about what's inside, ghost your way through for a surgical strike or storm the gates, go out of your way to shut down security cameras or set off decoys to lure out thugs...

And, most importantly, make those options matter. Maybe if you cut power to the building it's easier to sneak around thugs with flashlights, but they're patrolling in groups of two or three and more jumpy. If you get spotted, thugs go out to take you down, but then the boss doesn't have as many bodyguards. Go slow and stealthy and you can ambush the boss, but take too long and he's finished upgrading his weapons.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Elfface posted:

I'd probably try to introduce non-linearity, or multiple routes. Go full-on 'simulated environment' and just be told 'Penguin is in this building, Freeze in this one, Two-Face over here. Go get 'em!' and it's up to you if you try to find a hidden entrance through the basement, or go in through the roof or a window, chase down thugs for intel about what's inside, ghost your way through for a surgical strike or storm the gates, go out of your way to shut down security cameras or set off decoys to lure out thugs...

And, most importantly, make those options matter. Maybe if you cut power to the building it's easier to sneak around thugs with flashlights, but they're patrolling in groups of two or three and more jumpy. If you get spotted, thugs go out to take you down, but then the boss doesn't have as many bodyguards. Go slow and stealthy and you can ambush the boss, but take too long and he's finished upgrading his weapons.

So you want Far Cry, except less lovely and with a Batman theme.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

And with a gigantic armored vehicle following you everywhere, onii-chan~~ :nyoron:

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Fuzz posted:

I was thinking Splinter Cell, myself.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Fuzz posted:

"How did you take care of Batzarro, Batman?"

"Wildfire."

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Fuzz posted:

That or Bat-Crackdown.

"This gang-lord is in the penthouse. fight your way through the building to... oh, or just super-jump from a nearby building. That works too."

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Elfface posted:

That or Bat-Crackdown.

"This gang-lord is in the penthouse. fight your way through the building to... oh, or just super-jump from a nearby building. That works too."

I was thinking the same thing Agent.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to save my graphic settings in Origins. I've run the game as admin, tried altering the .ini, and a few other things to no avail. This is slowly driving me crazy. Is there some obvious fix I'm missing on?

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come for me having a buggy playthrough of this.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

You should be able to just change them in game. You didn't change the ini to "Read Only " did you?

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

doctor 7 posted:

You should be able to just change them in game. You didn't change the ini to "Read Only " did you?

Nah. Whenever I change them in-game, the changes occur, but when I quit the game, all the changes revert back to the default settings on the next start-up. Basically every time I play, I have to change the settings again. It's a bit of an annoying hassle and I've probably spent more time trying to figure it out than actually playing the game. I think I'm just going to have to deal with it for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Shock and Awe Extreme is just mean-spirited. :mad:

• Locked thread