Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I'd fly that poo poo into the side of my car within about ten minutes. I don't think I can be trusted with remote control anything.

I just bought this:

'97 (1.8L) Miata with low miles. 1 of only 556 Miatas made for the Canadian market that year. I need to pull the headlight buckets up and fix various small things.

Nice! How many miles?

I like NAs so much more than NBs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

fingerling posted:

Decided to get rid of my Chaser (haven't managed it yet), so I picked up a 'new' car for the interim until I can get something I really want. For the life of me, I can't tell why you Americans really want Skylines..

This is an '88 R31 Skyline Ti (that means it's a 'luxury model'). Complete with power windows, poo poo-brown interior and sporadically working instrument cluster! Any given time I drive it I can watch the volts fly up, then crash, go from having zero fuel to half a tank or running on a cold engine. At least the oil pressure gauge works. :sigh:

Basically, it's a heavy, slow, uncomfortable, police magnet cheap car for me. Fun to drive though, and I haven't really got any plans for it - hopefully ever.

While it might be slow, heavy is the last word I'd call the R30/31. At least (if you can find one) you can put the Turbo R30ET motor from the VL Holden Commodore in it. I much prefer the R31 front end though, not the "extended Pintara" look of the R30.

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010

You Am I posted:

While it might be slow, heavy is the last word I'd call the R30/31. At least (if you can find one) you can put the Turbo R30ET motor from the VL Holden Commodore in it. I much prefer the R31 front end though, not the "extended Pintara" look of the R30.

I'm trying to just use this car in the mean time; I'm going to save up for another, older, manual Chaser. I'm actually super pleased with how the car has turned out - if I were going to keep it I would go with an RB20 though, make it a pseudo HR31 :3: In reality, it is the perfect candidate for a turbo swap, the previous owner already put a manual trans in it (Ti's only came in auto), and although it's a trans from an N/A, having a turbo would make this car a whole bunch more fun.

It's a clean, 26 year old car. The seats are shocking (back left of the drivers seat is sagging, makes my back hurt if I drive it too much), the steering wheel is horrifying, and it needs new bushings throughout the car, but it's a solid car.

Although as I said, it's just an interim car for about a year, so I only plan on really maybe tinting it, and perhaps putting some new speakers in. Of course this doesn't stop me from trawling for minispools, S13 conversions (front susp.) and parts to make a 25/30!
When I bought it, it needed a new tailshaft, which I've done. I've also put some new adjustable Koni's in the rear, which I need to bring down ever so slightly, as I set them as high as possible to start hahaha.. :downs:

fingerling fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Mar 18, 2014

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

I'd fly that poo poo into the side of my car within about ten minutes. I don't think I can be trusted with remote control anything.

I just bought this:

'97 (1.8L) Miata with low miles. 1 of only 556 Miatas made for the Canadian market that year. I need to pull the headlight buckets up and fix various small things.

Hold on a loving second, you finally decided to buy something? What are you gonna do with your free time now that you're not perusing kijiji all day for a second car?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I plan to do a startup, or start shopping for American cars.

blk posted:

Nice! How many miles?

I like NAs so much more than NBs.

174,xxx km (~108k mi).

I also like NAs more than NBs, but if one had popped up I would've taken it. I really like the 1.8 torque.

Now if only it would stop snowing so I wouldn't feel bad about the Chinese (yet DOT) all-seasons on it.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Found a buddy to park next to at the store yesterday :shobon:

My car is already dirty and I washed it Sunday :argh:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Im conflicted about other "car guy" cars parking next to me in the back of parking lots. On one hand, they're more likely not to throw their door in my car, but on the other hand why the hell do you think I parked so far back for? Those parking spots look roomy, though. Our painted lines are only half as wide as that.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Cage posted:

Im conflicted about other "car guy" cars parking next to me in the back of parking lots. On one hand, they're more likely not to throw their door in my car, but on the other hand why the hell do you think I parked so far back for? Those parking spots look roomy, though. Our painted lines are only half as wide as that.

That was actually right by the front of the store. Just on the side where you come in so it's single sided instead of the double sided so there isn't anyone behind (or in front) of you

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
If you own a Subaru you will always come out to find another Subaru has parked next to you. It's like a little hippie meet every time. :3:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Nodoze posted:

My car is already dirty and I washed it Sunday :argh:

Hell, I've had the city replacing sidewalks in my neighborhood for the past six months and they're using some vacant property at the end of my street to stage all the trucks.

I just stopped washing them and hose off the dirt every few days now instead.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

If you own a Subaru you will always come out to find another Subaru has parked next to you. It's like a little hippie meet every time. :3:

Truth, not even exclusive to fun subarus. Just the other day I was parking my mom's auto impreza at the grocery store, got out, notice I had inadvertently parked next to two other imprezas, and as soon as I got to the produce section, the middle aged couple who came in one of them accosted me about it (very friendly accosting).

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

When I had a 96 subaru legacy I came out the grocery store, opened the door to what I thought was my car and thought "wait, I don't have an air freshener hanging from my mirror". Turns out, my car was on the other side of a van that had pulled in since I parked, the car I had opened happened to be an identical white 96 legacy with burgundy interior, who, like me, couldn't be bothered to lock his doors.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Yeah, I've done that. I gave him a one spot buffer!

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

IMG_9035 by AVIDWORKS, on Flickr

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Oh, what have I done:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You didn't need all that spare money clogging up your wallet anyways.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

MikeyTsi posted:

Oh, what have I done

Honest question.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Feelin' those stickers and wing. I do at least see a turbo down there, right?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

So the sticker means you wish you could have sex with my V8? Is that like those dragons having sex with tailpipes drawings?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I like how the wing is backwards.

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

Ughhh

Something blew. Coolant went everywhere. Thankfully no oil mixed in that I could see so hopefully it's something simple/cheap.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

PleasusChrist posted:

Ughhh

Something blew. Coolant went everywhere. Thankfully no oil mixed in that I could see so hopefully it's something simple/cheap.
Lots of WRXs on flatbeds this time of year. :(

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

MikeyTsi posted:

Oh, what have I done:

You did about as well as you could considering that it doesn't have a ridiculous body kit and neons.

I love those things.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000
Put my summer wheels and tires on.

Yes they are ridiculous but you see a Soul every two blocks here so the goal to be different was achieved. I went from all green to green and pink, people love them it makes my car standout so i'm cool with it.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

meatpimp posted:

Honest question.

Well, "I bought a thing" is the technical answer.

Chinatown posted:

Feelin' those stickers and wing. I do at least see a turbo down there, right?

Yep, it's AWD as well.

davebo posted:

So the sticker means you wish you could have sex with my V8? Is that like those dragons having sex with tailpipes drawings?

I'd like to think the previous owner was expressing his disdain towards vegetable based drinks.

Ziploc posted:

I like how the wing is backwards.

Apparently blame the previous previous owner for the wing. It's not going to last long on the car.

PeterWeller posted:

You did about as well as you could considering that it doesn't have a ridiculous body kit and neons.

I love those things.

Yeah. I'm a bit concerned about some of the stuff that's gone on under the hood, but I'm going to be swapping in my motor from the 1997 anyway, and basically returning it to stock until I can sort/repair the 6-bolt that's currently in there; at which point I'll start upgrading/tuning slowly.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

PleasusChrist posted:

Ughhh

Still have the stock radiator in it?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

afen posted:

There were bamboo sticks placed around the trac, they were quickly driven over.

Bad quality video, filmed with my cell phone mounted in a holder:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtEKa2bhY7c

This looks entirely too fun :allears:

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011
Doing donuts on a frozen lake is a lot of fun as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgis86sH3rI

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss
>:3

G-Mach posted:

Probably. Upper hose blew up on my car, then the radiator 5 months later. Put in a Mishimoto!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Sorry to those of you that read the mustang and "what did you do to your ride today" threads, but Im posting these here too. :getin: I got new wheels for my summer tires and put them on today.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
The BRZ is finally picture worthy:

03/22 BRZ Finished (Side) by PictoriousPhoto, on Flickr

03/22 BRZ Finished (Front Quarter) by PictoriousPhoto, on Flickr

03/22 BRZ Finished Rear Quarter by PictoriousPhoto, on Flickr

03/22 BRZ Finished (Wheel) by PictoriousPhoto, on Flickr

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Not detailed yet, but pretty damned clean to start. 2003 530i. Nothing exciting, but in exceptionally original and fresh condition. Bought from original owner who's an engineer and kept it as you would expect.

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

G-Mach posted:

No. Radiator cracked a couple years ago so it's new-ish. It was the top hose, so I went ahead and did top, bottom, and thermo.

the poi
Oct 24, 2004

turbo volvo, wooooo!
Grimey Drawer
My friend has been taking some rad pictures of my S2000:

Trans Ferdinand
Oct 24, 2005
Take Me Out Of Gear
Except for the spoiler, I love everything about that. Some seriously lustworthy cars on this page :)

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

MikeyTsi posted:

Yeah. I'm a bit concerned about some of the stuff that's gone on under the hood, but I'm going to be swapping in my motor from the 1997 anyway, and basically returning it to stock until I can sort/repair the 6-bolt that's currently in there; at which point I'll start upgrading/tuning slowly.

Other than the dents and dings, how's the body? More importantly, are you going to fix the faded clear coat and take off the arch trim or leave it all for that nostalgic 1993 look?

E: Also,what's up with the airbag? Was it crashed?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Trans Ferdinand posted:

Except for the spoiler, I love everything about that. Some seriously lustworthy cars on this page :)

I get a sneaky suspicion that that spoiler is entirely functional and hating it means you don't quite understand it.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
edit: Dumb argument. More awesome pics this is a good page.

Cage fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 22, 2014

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Pretty sure that last photo is of said car, on an oval, probably moving fairly fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the poi
Oct 24, 2004

turbo volvo, wooooo!
Grimey Drawer

Chinatown posted:

Pretty sure that last photo is of said car, on an oval, probably moving fairly fast.

wheeeee!