Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm surprised that nobody mentioned Jeff Rosenstock released Summer 7" for free on quote unquote yesterday as well as putting up vinyl preorders for "I look like poo poo"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

bowmore posted:

I'm surprised that nobody mentioned Jeff Rosenstock released Summer 7" for free on quote unquote yesterday as well as putting up vinyl preorders for "I look like poo poo"

Summer's been up. Plus the bonus tracks are the best part. Plus plus he still hasn't put the remaster/remix of Adults up for download so gently caress him.

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.
Does anyone who went to the final show know what the deal is with the live recording?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gabbleduck posted:

Does anyone who went to the final show know what the deal is with the live recording?
would also like to know this!

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
I haven't heard anything about it since, I imagine they are going to get it up sometime within the next few months, they've been touring/playing a lot lately. Coincidentally, I ran into a coworker there filming. If the production department didn't work in a separate office I could bug him about it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

lessthankyle posted:

they've been touring/playing a lot lately.

Wait, what?

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
Separately. John's been out with Laura Stevenson, Jeff just put up some ipod dates, etc.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

lessthankyle posted:

Separately. John's been out with Laura Stevenson, Jeff just put up some ipod dates, etc.

His last two ipod shows, too. I'm sad I never got to see that.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Seeing The Bennies tonight, should be killer

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

For the I Look like poo poo pre-order is there any difference with the editions here? BAD MORNING + TROUBLESOME MORNING editions?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
It's the color of the vinyl itself. What are those colors? Jeff isn't saying!

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

CodfishCartographer posted:

It's the color of the vinyl itself. What are those colors? Jeff isn't saying!

Well that's neat as hell.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I got TROUBLESOME because I like the sound of it.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Also please check out The Bennies if you like bomb the music industry or Sublime or anything around that spectrum

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Seriously The Bennies are so goddamn good live. I've seen them 4 times in the last few months. I'll neeeever get enouuuuuuugh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOkLGdEVsqI

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
I want to see that Jeff show. I live in Brooklyn but can't go to the Brooklyn one. Any chance anyone knows how late the NJ bus system back to NY runs?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

bowmore posted:

I got TROUBLESOME because I like the sound of it.

Same here. It also caused me to go on a vinyl buying spree (since I seriously bought my first record a month ago and was just looking for an excuse to buy more) and pretty much all of the BTMI is sold out on asian man :(

e: and goddamn i really need to hear that other taxpayers album because gently caress it sounds awesome

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Mar 15, 2014

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Same here. It also caused me to go on a vinyl buying spree (since I seriously bought my first record a month ago and was just looking for an excuse to buy more) and pretty much all of the BTMI is sold out on asian man :(

e: and goddamn i really need to hear that other taxpayers album because gently caress it sounds awesome
Buy this!

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!

Obama Yo Mama posted:

If you (or anybody else) want a bunch of BTMI vinyl I'm selling all mine since I don't have a record player anymore and am lame. I've got:

- Album Minus Band (clear yellow)
-To Leave or Die in Long Island (yellow/blue/white) with lyric sheet. #106/156
-Goodbye Cool World (green with white specks)
-Get Warmer ( picture disc)
-Vacation (green/clear) with lyric sheet
-O Pioneers split (black with white streaks)
-Rick Johnson President's Day split (streaky gray) with lyric sheet

Also got some other random stuff:

-Catch 22 Keasbey Nights (white)
-Planet Smashers Self Titled (clear red)
-Planet Smashers Attack of the Planet Smashers (black)
-Mustard Plug In Black and White (streaky grey)
-Stuck Lucky/Arm The Poor split (black) misprint where the sides are labeled with the wrong band so they stamped "WE FUCT UP THIS IS NOT:" on each side.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Josh Wow posted:

If you (or anybody else) want a bunch of BTMI vinyl I'm selling all mine since I don't have a record player anymore and am lame. I've got:

- Album Minus Band (clear yellow)
-To Leave or Die in Long Island (yellow/blue/white) with lyric sheet. #106/156
-Goodbye Cool World (green with white specks)
-Get Warmer ( picture disc)
-Vacation (green/clear) with lyric sheet
-O Pioneers split (black with white streaks)
-Rick Johnson President's Day split (streaky gray) with lyric sheet

Also got some other random stuff:

-Catch 22 Keasbey Nights (white)
-Planet Smashers Self Titled (clear red)
-Planet Smashers Attack of the Planet Smashers (black)
-Mustard Plug In Black and White (streaky grey)
-Stuck Lucky/Arm The Poor split (black) misprint where the sides are labeled with the wrong band so they stamped "WE FUCT UP THIS IS NOT:" on each side.

How much for Vacation and Mustard Plug?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
How much for O Pioneers and Presidents Day splits?

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

I'd rather sell 4+ records at once because of shipping costs. If nobody wants a bunch of them I'm just gonna throw them up as a lot on ebay.

Josh Wow fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Mar 15, 2014

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Wouldn't the buyer pay shipping costs so then it wouldn't really matter?

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

bowmore posted:

Wouldn't the buyer pay shipping costs so then it wouldn't really matter?

I like to include shipping costs in with the price to make things easier. Also not looking to ship outside the US.

I'd sell the whole lot for $120 shipped in the US.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Josh Wow posted:

Vacation and Get Warmer are two of the only ones I was able to snag, but I'd take all of other BTMI ones except the splits and Keasbey Nights

e: I'd buy the whole lot for $120 if that's easier for shipping, but I see that other people want albums that aren't that high priority for me

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Mar 15, 2014

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Vacation and Get Warmer are two of the only ones I was able to snag, but I'd take all of other BTMI ones except the splits and Keasbey Nights

e: I'd buy the whole lot for $120 if that's easier for shipping, but I see that other people want albums that aren't that high priority for me

If you wanted just Album Minus Band, To Leave or Die in Long Island and Get Warmer it'd be $60 since first run TLODILI usually goes for $30-40 on it's own.

I can do that or just sell you the whole lot, your choice.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

In that case, I'd just buy the whole bunch

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

Shot you a PM.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Streetlight update!

quote:

Hello There!
So it’s been nearly a year since we were denied access to our own new record and were unable to fulfill the preorders made on our webstore (we’re sure you’re all more than familiar with the story at this point). A lot has happened in the last 12 months or so, some good, some bad, some just plain weird. That being said, it’s with long delayed delight that we announce that the special gift that we promised those of you who had faith in us is finally happening and will be shipping in the next few weeks! if your address has changed since you made your original order, please let us know by sending your name, order number and new address tostore@riscmail.com.
It’s been a long strange trip, and it’s probably about to get a lot stranger and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for sticking by us.

The special gift is a sex tape.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Literally The Worst posted:

Streetlight update!

I don't even remember the situation clearly. I know I preordered the album then told them to keep the money to pay for lawyers. Do I still get a gift?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I think anyone who didn't cancel their pre-order gets the gift, if I remember correctly. Can't wait to see what it is!

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Gonna lol when it's just a live cd or something that will go online immediately. At least I got my money back.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I would be fine with a live CD. I received the album and 2 shirts from the pre-order eventually so it's not as though I lost anything by not cancelling it (apart from the Toh Kay album, which I got online anyway).

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

tnimark posted:

I would be fine with a live CD. I received the album and 2 shirts from the pre-order eventually so it's not as though I lost anything by not cancelling it (apart from the Toh Kay album, which I got online anyway).

How did you get the CD from preordering from the band? They never got any.

tnimark posted:

I think anyone who didn't cancel their pre-order gets the gift, if I remember correctly. Can't wait to see what it is!

Yeah, they sent out a thing saying "look we're sorry we can't give you the album, but we'll send you a special gift OR we'll refund you. Either or."

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

How did you get the CD from preordering from the band? They never got any.

gently caress, I must be remembering it wrong? I definitely got the Streetlight album and 2 shirts. Maybe they just sent me the shirts and I bought the album separately? I'm old.

HisFlyingFingers
Jan 7, 2006

*~Weekend Lovers~*
So a few nights ago I saw Jay Tea (formerly of tASOB and a bunch of other bands) on his solo acoustic tour. He is pretty awesome. The band he's currently on tour with is not, however.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
Sweet mother of god, Friday night is Reel Big Fish, Suburban Legends, and Beebs.

:woop:

ObsidianBeast
Jan 17, 2008

SKA SUCKS

Captain Trips posted:

Sweet mother of god, Friday night is Reel Big Fish, Suburban Legends, and Beebs.

:woop:

Beebs is awesome, saw them last time they played with RBF and they're a ton of fun.

If anyone hasn't heard them, check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MKPYuVeP1U

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

ObsidianBeast posted:

Beebs is awesome, saw them last time they played with RBF and they're a ton of fun.

If anyone hasn't heard them, check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MKPYuVeP1U

Confirming how much Beebs own at the ska. They have some great pants :allears:

Nah. Its gonna be Dear Sergio: The Album

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Every member of Streetlight Manifesto, Tomas's brother Achilles, and the chick who sings backup on Tornado Joe from the TK/Dan P split doing solo versions of Dear Sergio. Including Tomas's new reworked accordion version.