Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Donald Glover's Abed was loving awful, and proved he's limited range once and for all. No wonder Hollywood isn't clawing at his door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Season 4 makes me wish they cancelled Community before there was a season 5.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Season 4 makes me wish that our numbering system didn't exist, so there wouldn't be a number 4 so there couldn't have been a fourth season.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Season 4 to me is indistinguishable from the rest of the show, and I've watched it since the pilot.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Season 4 wasn't quite as good, but it wasn't that bad. The puppet episode was pretty awful, though, but the Freaky Friday episode was really good, and I liked the sci-fi convention one as well.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

scary ghost dog posted:

Season 4 to me is indistinguishable from the rest of the show, and I've watched it since the pilot.

Me too. If I hadn't kept up on all the behind the scenes stuff, I never would have know there were different people in charge.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

What the gently caress is wrong with you people? Holy poo poo. Are you guys just unfamiliar with Irish Joe?

I'm not even mad at him, because he clearly knows what the gently caress he's doing to destroy this thread so thoroughly.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

MrAristocrates posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you people? Holy poo poo. Are you guys just unfamiliar with Irish Joe?

I'm not even mad at him, because he clearly knows what the gently caress he's doing to destroy this thread so thoroughly.

To be fair on him he's basically just pissing on the remains of a nuclear holocaust at this point. The thread never had a chance.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
I'm just glad it's shrank down to one or two assholes in this thread making it unbearable. Granted, Irish Joe is in another league of rear end in a top hat. A... season 4 of assholes, if you will.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

MrAristocrates posted:

Are you guys just unfamiliar with Irish Joe?

Yes.

Is he internet famous? I will now remember him as a guy who bought me my first avatar I guess.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Irish Joe is a noted instigator and rabble-rouser in this, the intravenous television forum. He is famed for his love of bad things (slime, skeletons, Two Broke Girls) and his hatred of good things (sunlight, puppies, probably a TV show).

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I've this season so far but (probably already been mentioned) why does Shirley seem like a background character now?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Android Blues posted:

Irish Joe is a noted instigator and rabble-rouser in this, the intravenous television forum. He is famed for his love of bad things (slime, skeletons, Two Broke Girls) and his hatred of good things (sunlight, puppies, probably a TV show).

If you are allergic to the sun and puppies, would that make him a prophet?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Ratjaculation posted:

I've this season so far but (probably already been mentioned) why does Shirley seem like a background character now?

You think she felt like a background character in the two most recent episodes?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

thexerox123 posted:

I sort of know what he's talking about. She's been prominent in the last two episodes, but it doesn't feel like she's actually had any real development done to her character this season, aside from pushing the joke that she is secretly an evil mastermind underneath her happy christian exterior.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Max posted:

I sort of know what he's talking about. She's been prominent in the last two episodes, but it doesn't feel like she's actually had any real development done to her character this season, aside from pushing the joke that she is secretly an evil mastermind underneath her happy christian exterior.

Who has gotten real character development this season? Abed's gotten... a hint of it, but it hasn't really paid off yet.

(Not that I think this is really an issue, I've loved this season, regardless.)

Hickey's almost gotten the most, just because we've had things to learn about him.

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!

Ratjaculation posted:

The problem is Yvette Nicole Brown's drinking problem. It's like Jan-Michael Vincent on Airwolf. They have to work around it constantly and pick up her shots when she's sober. Needless to say it's easier for everybody if she's in the background for most of the season.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
https://twitter.com/joelmchale/status/446724601423220736

A new D&D episode on Community tonight? sweet

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Pyronic posted:

https://twitter.com/joelmchale/status/446724601423220736

A new D&D episode on Community tonight? sweet

Holy poo poo, it IS Thursday. Working a drat shift schedule makes me lose track of my days and I was 100% sure it was Wednesday and I was working Thursday. Now I can watch Community live and it's the D&D episode with (guest star) David Cross, right?. This is a really special day.

fake edit: Should Community try a live episode? I feel like as a genre approach, that would really be something.

real edit: I just checked that twitter link, it is David Cross.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

thexerox123 posted:

Who has gotten real character development this season? Abed's gotten... a hint of it, but it hasn't really paid off yet.

(Not that I think this is really an issue, I've loved this season, regardless.)

Hickey's almost gotten the most, just because we've had things to learn about him.

Everyone has had some focus given to their personal lives this season, including Britta. Shirley has been ignored in that front, as far as I can recall.

You've got Hickey's cartoon and personal problems that were revealed in the stinger with Troy and Abed, Abed's coping with his now departed friend and new relationship, Jeff learning how to be a better instructor, and even John Oliver's character discovering a new drinking buddy. I'd say we aren't getting much with Annie either, but we did get to see her brother and watched her relationship with Buzz grow in the bulletin board episode.

Max fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Mar 20, 2014

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

thexerox123 posted:

Okay, there are exceptions. But they introduced the season with her husband leaving her and taking the kids, and its not even been mentioned. Just sayin' I think we need more Big Cheddar.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

DivisionPost posted:

He IS an rear end in a top hat, but let's be real; in more than one light, this is hilarious.

Not really. Just another TVIV poster with a personality disorder trying to berate others about where their time is invested while investing their own time arguing about where the investment is investing. The only real investment one should be making is into anti-psychotics.

For a thought experiment try imagining someone acting like Irish Joe but IRL. In a bar or something. Some stranger hears you like community season 4 and then just won't shut the gently caress up about why that is bad. Explained via increasingly pompous, condescending and yet ultimately vacuous outbursts about equivocating and important life decisions about watching a tv show. You'd either just walk away from the deranged idiot who is seemingly having either a breakdown or just has very bad social skills indeed. If you were more brash and had the balls you might even throw your drink in their face and steal their lunch money. You certainly wouldn't congratulate them.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Sakarja posted:

The problem is Yvette Nicole Brown's drinking problem. It's like Jan-Michael Vincent on Airwolf. They have to work around it constantly and pick up her shots when she's sober. Needless to say it's easier for everybody if she's in the background for most of the season.

Wow, seriously?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

DoctorWhat posted:

Wow, seriously?

It's an inside joke from the commentaries. The members of the cast poke fun at Yvette constantly for a non-existent drinking problem.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's really stupid since Shirley and Andre separating again should be a big deal, and certainly makes for an easy plot hook, especially since it was one of her major driving factors in Season 2.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Rewatching a bit of the MeowMeowBeenz episode, just noticed that in the trailer for "Koogler" it's rated A for Awesome.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
What do you call that crap, with the dungeons and the dragons?

Dungeons and Dragons?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Fat....oulus Neil is still out there.

Holy poo poo David Cross.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Thanks to us he's still out there, doing this and that in the background.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm sad Chang isn't in blackface.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Joseph Gordon Diehard is a good character name.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Oh Crouton.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Hahaha Jeff and the Dean are father and son, perfect.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

This is going to be magical

frontyardninja
Nov 5, 2005

My grandma is watching this episode :psyduck:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
We've got a problem player. Nice.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I love the over acting on the Dean.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Or whatever you call the guys that play this.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I WILL FIND YOOOOOOOU :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I WILL FIND YOU

• Locked thread