Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm just waiting for Paige to dye her hair green and hang a Dead Kennedys poster up, causing much confusion for Liz and Phil.

Though seriously it would be great if one of the retro musical sequences we get is set to "California Uber Alles".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

precision posted:

I'm just waiting for Paige to dye her hair green and hang a Dead Kennedys poster up, causing much confusion for Liz and Phil.

Though seriously it would be great if one of the retro musical sequences we get is set to "California Uber Alles".

In season 3 Paige as a college student goes for a year abroad in West Germany, falls in with the antifa punk crowd and Philipp and Elizabeth show up in disguise and use her new circle of friends to funnel money to Red Army Faction

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Earwicker posted:

In season 3 Paige as a college student goes for a year abroad in West Germany, falls in with the antifa punk crowd and Philipp and Elizabeth show up in disguise and use her new circle of friends to funnel money to Red Army Faction

Oh God I wish....

:commissar:
(Formerly Colonial Air Force)

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Wow. I was figuring Paige's new friend was going to be anything but a potentially positive influence.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Paige is becoming a Christian, her Communist parents' worst nightmare.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

CBJSprague24 posted:

Wow. I was figuring Paige's new friend was going to be anything but a potentially positive influence.

Hey, House of Cards already pulled the "religious friend you met on a bus" angle, and we saw how that went down.

e: MAGS! :neckbeard:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

JohnSherman posted:

Hey, House of Cards already pulled the "religious friend you met on a bus" angle, and we saw how that went down.

e: MAGS! :neckbeard:

I've seen how that started, but not how it finished yet.

And MAGS!

E- Is it a standard Russian thing to address people in normal conversation by their full name? I've noticed that in both this and Goldeneye.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Mar 20, 2014

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
Gay sailor angle incoming!

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

E- Is it a standard Russian thing to address people in normal conversation by their full name? I've noticed that in both this and Goldeneye.

I asked the same question last week:

Cuddly Tumblemumps posted:

In the residence they are calling each other by first name and patronymic (ex. Nina Sergeevna (Nina daughter-of-Sergey), Oleg Igorevich (son-of-Igor) which is just addressing coworkers and non-close friends/acquaintances with routine respect.

Passive-aggressive poo poo is going to get real if/when Oleg starts overstepping social bounds and calling his superiors, or even Nina, by more familiar terms or even by nicknames. His character seems like the sort of jackass that would do that to push buttons. :allears: Oh, Oleg. I wanna see Nina destroy you.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Does Phillip know who Stan is sleeping with?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

howe_sam posted:

Does Phillip know who Stan is sleeping with?

Both sides are using Nina to get information on each other so it wouldn't surprise me, but it also wouldn't surprise me if Nina's identity is above Phillip's clearance level

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > The Americans S2: "They indoctrinate them with friendship and songs"

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Perhaps the same can be said of all religions.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Well, that's the first time I've heard Christianity described as a vessel of consumerism.

Also, d'ohh.

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!
"DAMMIT PHILLIP, CAN YOU STOP BEING SO REASONABLE!?"

I love this show. Heh.

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

That preview looks intense as hell.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
I missed next weeks preview, anyone have a link?

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
But it's called Intellivision.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
Man, they done goofed.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
When Keri Russell was beating up the guy at the end she paused for a sec when she saw his face, was he supposed to be the seal they are tracking down?

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Oh no Paige found the one group of people worse than rapey kidnappers- suburban evangelicals.:ohdear:

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
What was that fakewife doing with the recorder and all that? I'm a bit confused by that

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Fetus Tree posted:

What was that fakewife doing with the recorder and all that? I'm a bit confused by that

Pretty sure that was the recorder she set up in Gaad's office.

Some neat parallels about compartmentalization in the writing- Oleg using his family connections to upgrade his security clearance to learn more about Nina, Gaad getting sidelined because Stan's not a big enough fish for the Congressional subcommittee investigating the guy he shot who they think is a KGB agent. Also, anyone else totally not buying Claudia's newfound concern for her agents?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I don't. But neither do her agents

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
That was the saddest handjob I've ever seen on cable television.

Also, did not see the twist that Claudia actually cares about Liz and Phil coming.

And :tviv: that fight at the end. :drat:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I'll bet that the 'three minutes in a car' thing with Claudia is that either the murdered husband or wife was her granddaughter/grandson. I don't know how they're going to get out of this one, though - both the woman and man saw Philip and Elizabeth's faces without wigs or prosthetic garb.

Also, what I wouldn't give for a more detailed Claudia origin story, though - with her doing poo poo like slitting Nazi throats in Stalingrad or something.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The couple who attacked Elizabeth and Phillip at the end of the episode are probably Mossad agents in the country illegally so the woman isn't going to run to the police.

Cuddly Tumblemumps
Aug 23, 2013

Postmodernity means the exhilarating freedom to pursue anything, yet mind-boggling uncertainty as to what is worth pursuing and in the name of what one should pursue it.
Man, there's so much stuff either turning pear shaped or getting ready to. Martha, Paige, Stan's office investigation, Oleg Oleg'ing Nina. :ohdear:

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Also, what I wouldn't give for a more detailed Claudia origin story, though - with her doing poo poo like slitting Nazi throats in Stalingrad or something.

This would be a great flashback or spin-off series.

howe_sam posted:

The couple who attacked Elizabeth and Phillip at the end of the episode are probably Mossad agents in the country illegally so the woman isn't going to run to the police.

That's my take on the situation too.

wukkar
Nov 27, 2009
What the hell my DVR cut off I guess several minutes? Someone recap everything after the handjob (A sentence that sounds weird). Dudes attacked Elizabeth and Phillip?

Woden
May 6, 2006

wukkar posted:

What the hell my DVR cut off I guess several minutes? Someone recap everything after the handjob (A sentence that sounds weird). Dudes attacked Elizabeth and Phillip?

Phils second wife is about to out him to some degree, she needs to sign a form and wants to put his name down as her husband.

Liz and Phil went to capture some dude but it was a trap by a new man/woman duo. The woman drove off in their car with the dude they wanted to capture ending with Liz and Phil standing over the man from that duo with no transport.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

comes along bort posted:

Oh no Paige found the one group of people worse than rapey kidnappers- suburban evangelicals.:ohdear:

Just when I thought the Paige storyline couldn't get any worse. I take it back FX, make her snoop around and be nosy again.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

What was the point of going off on Martha?

ufarn
May 30, 2009

zVxTeflon posted:

He had to leave to do the "forced repatriation", and that was the least conspicuous way to go all of a sudden - seeing that she had been on the phone the whole time.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

zVxTeflon posted:

To get out from her earlier than promised, I presume. Still pretty stupid to crank it up like that when he's got her committing insanely illegal surveillance oh his behalf. Maybe he wanted to break it of for good and will never come back, but then he'd have to hope there's absolutely nothing she knows that could help identify him.

precision posted:

That was the saddest handjob I've ever seen on cable television.

Also, did not see the twist that Claudia actually cares about Liz and Phil coming.

And :tviv: that fight at the end. :drat:

Go watch Breaking Bad. Also I don't think Claudia necessarily cares about anyone...

Did Liz and/or Phil get punched in the face a bunch during the fight? Wanna see that breakfast conversation:
-"Kids, mom and dad had a rough night"
-:gonk:

Also that was a pretty bizarre trap, you'd think the honeypotters would know better than to try to engage them one on one and unarmed.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
What's funny is that now they absolutely need a new car.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

mobby_6kl posted:

Go watch Breaking Bad. Also I don't think Claudia necessarily cares about anyone...

Oh yeah - second saddest handjibber on cable TV, then.

I'm willing to be wrong but for now it seems to me that Claudia isn't faking. It's more interesting than having her come back just to twirl her mustache some more, so I hope it isn't a psyche-out.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012

DivisionPost posted:

What's funny is that now they absolutely need a new car.

Hahahaha

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."

mobby_6kl posted:

Did Liz and/or Phil get punched in the face a bunch during the fight? Wanna see that breakfast conversation:
-"Kids, mom and dad had a rough night"
-:gonk:

"Rough day at the travel agency. Oh, and remember, Paige, no secrets."

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Liz sure did want to kill that guy with the car trunk. Brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

TheAngryDrunk posted:

"Rough day at the travel agency. Oh, and remember, Paige, no secrets."

Maybe Paige will just leap to the wrong conclusion. :a2m:

• Locked thread