Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
The one thing that always kills me about this show is that you can bet your life on having to repeatedly make scallops, risotto, and beef wellington. The fact that nobody took the time to make sure they could NAIL the temperatures and sears on that stuff before they go on the show blows me away. It's like going on Jeopardy and not knowing what potent potables are or how before and after works.

Also, my wife and I applauded at the first promo ambulance sighting. This show is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tasteful Bulge
Sep 5, 2003

It's down to you and me, you one-eyed freak.

Arms_Akimbo posted:

The one thing that always kills me about this show is that you can bet your life on having to repeatedly make scallops, risotto, and beef wellington. The fact that nobody took the time to make sure they could NAIL the temperatures and sears on that stuff before they go on the show blows me away.

It's hard to do a perfect sear on a scallop when a producer is running around under the set messing with the gas flow to the burners. :)

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

Tasteful Bulge posted:

It's hard to do a perfect sear on a scallop when a producer is running around under the set messing with the gas flow to the burners. :)

Anything's possible.

Even without that, you know they purposefully cast chefs who have more personality than skill, and Ramsay even admitted as such. Of the 20 on the show this season, there's probably between 5-10 they think could be a serious competitor, and less than five they view as being legitimately capable of doing the prize job well off the bat.

Tasteful Bulge
Sep 5, 2003

It's down to you and me, you one-eyed freak.

OmegaBR posted:

Anything's possible.

Even without that, you know they purposefully cast chefs who have more personality than skill, and Ramsay even admitted as such. Of the 20 on the show this season, there's probably between 5-10 they think could be a serious competitor, and less than five they view as being legitimately capable of doing the prize job well off the bat.

It's not only that, but some of the "contestants" have contracts that guarantee they won't be eliminated until after so many episodes/eliminations. For all intents and purposes that contestant could fire scallops across the dining room from their rear end, and Ramsay would still have to find a reason to tell the person standing next to them at elimination to "hand me your jacket, big boy."

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

I miss the quail eggs. People used to screw those up royally in the early rounds.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I wouldn't mind being the guy who calls everyone a bitch or makes dumb jokes during the "interview" scenes. I wonder how many times I could get that "click-clack" bad joke sound effect. :haw:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

subroc posted:

I miss the quail eggs. People used to screw those up royally in the early rounds.

I miss when they'd mention desserts as if they were a thing that exists in those early episodes.

Future black jacket wearers looking bored and disappointed way in the background of every shot...

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
Had forgotten a new season was starting. Just watched the first episode of the season... About what I'd expect. In fact I basically the teams to still be this hosed up once they're in black jackets.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
New episode in 45 minutes! Completely forgot to do a final count on last week's episode, I'm gonna try and do it later tonight so I can have both this episode and last week's tallied up.

I'm gonna use spoilers since it wasn't shown in the actual previews, but tonight's challenge is a tricycle relay race, in which they must work in pairs to complete basic culinary tasks. The winners earn a trip to San Francisco, while the losers go carrot picking at a farm.

never change, hell's kitchen :allears:

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

I was gonna say that's not that bad a punishment, but then I remembered Hell's Kitchen.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Who wants to bet the losing team starts tossing carrots at the person they blame for losing them the challenge?

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Nobody's really shown enough personality yet to deserve support, but that's not going to stop me from rooting for Jason, Old Guy, and Melanie.

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
Recap: "We all have done it." :haw:

:ramsay: time! :dance:

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
drat, Sandra's mental.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Older contestants having a love connection?

That's new.

JoshGuitar
Oct 25, 2005
Oh no, a gross old people love interest!

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Doesn't look like 4:50AM outside.

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011

OmegaBR posted:

Older contestants having a love connection?

That's new.

Didn't expect it to start this early.

Although, in Richard's defense, he deflected it nicely.

4:53 AM:... WAKE UP MOTHERFUCKERS!

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
:jp: on the tricycles. Oh lord.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Stunning tricycles.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
"SOMEBODY'S GONNA DIE!" in the previews = JP riding a tricycle.

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
Uh-oh. Someone got cut. :ohdear:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Oh look. Another tie.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Oh poo poo, a blue team win already? :stare:

Edit: "azul" team

surf rock fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Mar 21, 2014

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
Men win.

Last season it took them 5 challenges to win one.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Tasteful Bulge posted:

It's not only that, but some of the "contestants" have contracts that guarantee they won't be eliminated until after so many episodes/eliminations. For all intents and purposes that contestant could fire scallops across the dining room from their rear end, and Ramsay would still have to find a reason to tell the person standing next to them at elimination to "hand me your jacket, big boy."

no... this is like the day I learned that Santa wasn't real. :(

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
Nicole should just shut up and cook.

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
All right Jason with the first app out this season!

Too bad it took 2 services for either team to get something out.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

liltimshady posted:

All right Jason with the first app out this season!

Too bad it took 2 services for either team to get something out.

Wait, I didn't see the first episode. Did they really not serve a single plate of food?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Wait, I didn't see the first episode. Did they really not serve a single plate of food?

Gordon kicked every one out and SHUT IT DOWN.

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Really. From either team.

It really was the worst service ever.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

liltimshady posted:

Really. From either team.

It really was the worst service ever.

What the hell were they doing?

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What the hell were they doing?

You have to watch it to revel in the hilarity and incompetence of both teams.

Basically it's the usual train wreck of the first service turned up to eleven.

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
Raw halibut!

Fish smash!

Did Gordon just say fricking instead of the usual [bleep]?

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
Nicole and Simone -- :frogout:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

drat blue. :getout:

And red. :catstare:

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011

Mad Dragon posted:

drat blue. :getout:

And red. :getout:

No winner...again.

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
No passion, no fight-back, no leadership.

Out of Beth, Simone, DeMarco, and Gabriel, Ramsay kicks out...

Nicole. :byewhore:

And she went out like a bitch.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I love you so much Ramsay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

HAHA that loving preview