Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
That was by far the best episode this season for me. Probably in my top 10 overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

conrack
Oct 4, 2006
I love that the Dean wrote so many letters with shirt-ribbons that half of one side of his shirt was missing by the end of it, awesome episode again

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Maxwell Lord posted:

Loved the close up of Britta's face when her character "died". Just about every reaction in that scene is giffable.

TROLL SOUNDS!

Seriously, that episode was loving amazing. I was laughing the entire time.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I was really impressed by how well the cinematography was utilized to highlight the action. Cool episode.

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords
The more important thing is that, like last week's VHS game, Abed was using a first print AD&D 2e set of books, from the early 1990s... Well, at least the old dungeon master guide. Ah, the memories...

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Jorghnassen posted:

The more important thing is that, like last week's VHS game, Abed was using a first print AD&D 2e set of books, from the early 1990s... Well, at least the old dungeon master guide. Ah, the memories...

Those books were probably Dan Harmon's. I know they were his in the first D&D episode.

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords

GrandpaPants posted:

Those books were probably Dan Harmon's. I know they were his in the first D&D episode.

I do believe they used first edition AD&D the first time too. Definitely intentional. If there's a third D&D episode, it will have to be 3e.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Austrian mook posted:

I don't know how, but they managed to make me hate the Dean and Jeff's interactions.

I don't think it works when it's contempt, only when it's annoyance.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Any time the Dean opened his mouth during this episode, I laughed. So good.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Did Shirley make the sign of the cross? I thought she wasn't catholic.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Frostwerks posted:

Who cares, it's funny.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

DoctorWhat posted:

Who cares, it's funny.

Not really. This is a B- episode at best.

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.
Pretty sure she did in the first D&D episode as well, but I might be wrong.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

The Dean and Hickey need to do more poo poo together. :munch:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Twee as gently caress posted:

That was by far the best episode this season for me. Probably in my top 10 overall.

I agree with this post.

I enjoy how serious the Dean is about his character.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Oh yeah. Dean was the loving rock of this episode. Still the worst D&D episode it's ever done.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
What got me was Cross immediately getting annoyed about being told to go directly to the tower. I was thinking the exact same thing during Abed's intro.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Great episode. I think something's wrong with me though since I found this part by far the funniest:

"Well, it rhymes with "not there"".

"Times Square?"

Just perfect Chang delivery had me rolling.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Lugaloco posted:

Great episode. I think something's wrong with me though since I found this part by far the funniest:

"Well, it rhymes with "not there"".

"Times Square?"

Just perfect Chang delivery had me rolling.

The best part was the Dean leaning in behind him with a 'really?!' face.

Also I just noticed Hank has the same reaction to a fistbump as Buzz.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Mar 21, 2014

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

"I'll think about you evry night and rub"

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

MikeJF posted:

Also I just noticed Hank has the same reaction to a fistbump as Buzz.

Yeah that was a fantastic little callback there. David Cross was a great casting choice for Hickey's son.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Frostwerks posted:

The sign of the cross is common to many branches of Christianity.

HppyCmpr
May 8, 2011

Dr_Amazing posted:

What got me was Cross immediately getting annoyed about being told to go directly to the tower. I was thinking the exact same thing during Abed's intro.

Don't want to rail-road your PCs too much. I thought it was a pretty solid episode overall; will be cool if they did 3e next time.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I didn't like this episode much. It had it's moments and looked amazing, but it was very boring and not funny to me. Oh well.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
If you look at Harmon's white board in this video around 5:15, you'll see some spoilers for the finale under "Season 5 Ideas"!

http://www.channel101.com/segment/1461

Britta can't poo poo
Britta poo poos too much

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!

Brocktoon posted:

If you look at Harmon's white board in this video around 5:15, you'll see some spoilers for the finale under "Season 5 Ideas"!

http://www.channel101.com/segment/1461

Britta can't poo poo
Britta poo poos too much

Looks like giving Dan Harmon free rein for season 5 is finally going to pay off!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w44Q-l_dpX4

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.
Community's ratings were up to a 1.1! There, however, was no Big Bang Theory last night.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

TealShark posted:

Community's ratings were up to a 1.1! There, however, was no Big Bang Theory last night.

Let's hope this is a trend that keeps going!

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!
It won't. There's no new episode next week and after that it's back up against Big Bang Theory.

Edit: Spoilers for the upcoming animated episode http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/03/21/community-gi-jeff-animated-episode/

Sakarja fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Mar 21, 2014

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Sakarja posted:

It won't. There's no new episode next week and after that it's back up against Big Bang Theory.

Edit: Spoilers for the upcoming animated episode http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/03/21/community-gi-jeff-animated-episode/

Hahah! Annie as Shipwreck Already best episode.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Sakarja posted:

yeah this is happening. every one at the studio is doing 13 hour days to pull it off. I started off as a prop designer on it. Now i'm doing animation. and its being animated traditionally. so its going to be amazing.

I animated a bit of this sequence. and Drew that gun hes holding

I animated and did clean up for this sequence. but the roughs were originally done by the lead character designer.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

:aaa:

Unmature
May 9, 2008
NnnnnnnnnnnnNNNNNNNNNNNFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Tight Ship is pretty young. We try not to sexualize her.

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Help me find my true dharma
The scene where the dean thrusts himself onto the sword, further and further each time was fantastic.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Typical posted:

yeah this is happening. every one at the studio is doing 13 hour days to pull it off. I started off as a prop designer on it. Now i'm doing animation.

I don't know if you can answer this, but is it the whole episode or just a segment like Foosball?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's the whole episode.

I wish I could erase those pictures from my brain and go into the next episode cold. It looks amazing.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Dunno how much I am able to say with out breaking the NDA, but suffice to say you will NOT be disappointed..

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Typical posted:

Dunno how much I am able to say with out breaking the NDA, but suffice to say you will NOT be disappointed..

You haven't ever read this thread, have you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Typical posted:

Is it better than the puppet episode? That's all I need to know

• Locked thread