Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

HMS Boromir posted:

how much Garbage is in this game? I want to dive into and eat Trash

100% of this game is garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Segmentation Fault posted:

is eating yourself cannibalism

Technically it's called "autocannibalism".

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Discendo Vox posted:

Technically it's called "autocannibalism".
Real men prefer manual cannibalism :colbert:

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Real men prefer manual cannibalism :colbert:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Hey guys my friend still hasn't gotten their vidcon pack, who do I contact about this.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

quote:

Hey guys my friend still hasn't gotten their vidcon pack, who do I contact about this.

You should try sending a strongly worded letter to:

contact @ talesofgames.com

I'll also mention about it to the sludge overlords, just in case.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

Lurdiak posted:

Whoaaaa, that's hosed up. These were sent out last year. We've got to give this dude something extra special with his.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It was a special case where I contacted the Togsters to upgrade my friend's pledge via paypal unbeknownst to them, so it's possible the unorthodox approach was what messed things up, since I've not heard of anyone else having such problems.

Gortarius posted:

You should try sending a strongly worded letter to:

contact @ talesofgames.com

On it!

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
Gortarius Where does the family comedy know as Kazzam fit into Canon? I believe it has to be after Barkley Shut up and Jam Gaiden considering (KAZZAM SPOILERS) He gets freed from the lamp at the end of the movie. Is that correct?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Lord Chumley posted:

Gortarius Where does the family comedy know as Kazzam fit into Canon? I believe it has to be after Barkley Shut up and Jam Gaiden considering (KAZZAM SPOILERS) He gets freed from the lamp at the end of the movie. Is that correct?

I'm not at liberty to talk about major plot points that take place in barkley2, but you can rest easy knowing that one day you will learn the mysterious truths, and all the pieces will snap into place perfectly.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Gortarius posted:

but you can rest easy knowing that one day you will learn the mysterious truths, and all the pieces will snap into place perfectly.

what a whopper

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
The more I'm told the more questions I have!

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Apparently this is playable at GDC. Do any sites have a write-up?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Cicero posted:

Apparently this is playable at GDC. Do any sites have a write-up?

There was this that was posted like the second GDC started:

http://www.destructoid.com/barkley-2-developers-hope-to-release-in-late-2014-272061.phtml

But if you've ever seen any article about B2, this is nothing new, and it has some ancient screenshots making me question how much effort was really put into it.

Other than that, I for one haven't seen anything, but I know from Pax and uhh... whatever that other gaming thing was in January that it takes from a few days to a few weeks for anything to pop up.

In other news, Dwarfnet is shaping up nicely...

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Gortarius posted:

There was this that was posted like the second GDC started:

http://www.destructoid.com/barkley-2-developers-hope-to-release-in-late-2014-272061.phtml

But if you've ever seen any article about B2, this is nothing new, and it has some ancient screenshots making me question how much effort was really put into it.

Other than that, I for one haven't seen anything, but I know from Pax and uhh... whatever that other gaming thing was in January that it takes from a few days to a few weeks for anything to pop up.

In other news, Dwarfnet is shaping up nicely...

This article mentions a Steam release. Is this something that's confirmed? If it's possible, I'd prefer this game on Steam.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

DoctorStrangelove posted:

This article mentions a Steam release. Is this something that's confirmed? If it's possible, I'd prefer this game on Steam.

I don't know how exactly it all works technically, but theres plenty of gamemakker gams on Steam, so I don't see why B2 couldn't get in there also.

Hotline Miami and Risk of Rain are both GM games I believe, for example, and they are on Steam.

I don't want to CONFIRM anything in case theres suddenly some issue with it that comes up, but its pretty certain there is a steam release.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Gortarius posted:

I don't know how exactly it all works technically, but theres plenty of gamemakker gams on Steam, so I don't see why B2 couldn't get in there also.

Hotline Miami and Risk of Rain are both GM games I believe, for example, and they are on Steam.

I don't want to CONFIRM anything in case theres suddenly some issue with it that comes up, but its pretty certain there is a steam release.

You'll need to go through Greenlight, which is basically an interest check where you need to get a certain number of votes to get through. B2 should have no problem, if you can handle the competition.

Anonymous Robot fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Mar 19, 2014

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Anonymous Robot posted:

You'll need to go through Greenlight, which is basically an interest check where you need to get a certain number of votes to get through. B2 should have no problem, if you can handle the competition.

Aww gently caress, we never had a chance.

I mean, we can get through greenlight by making a bunch of fake steam accounts and thumbs upping our own game, but we can't compete with a game like that.

EDIT:
That is an actual game right? It's just not a collection of newgrounds screenshots? I think we'll need to weave something like this into bakely too...

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Mar 19, 2014

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I just want someone to tell me they only turned into a ______ a few hours ago and haven't found any pants that work with their _____ yet :allears:

(foxgirl/tail can be replaced with whatever the hell hosed up postpostcyberpocalpytic space things you want I don't even care)

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Gortarius posted:

Aww gently caress, we never had a chance.

I mean, we can get through greenlight by making a bunch of fake steam accounts and thumbs upping our own game, but we can't compete with a game like that.

EDIT:
That is an actual game right? It's just not a collection of newgrounds screenshots? I think we'll need to weave something like this into bakely too...

You can play it now on Desura, the premium indie game distributor.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Anonymous Robot posted:

You can play it now on Desura, the premium indie game distributor.

Yea, I think I'll pass on both Desura and this game, but check out this grade A let's play of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5itKKStw4uI

Or just read some of the comments to keep yourself awake. I got 4 minutes into the video before I passed out. I don't want to sound like too much of an rear end in a top hat, but its amazing how awful that game appears to be. What is the target audience for this slideshow?

We definitely need this in barkley2.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

The time's up, Hoops. You fail university.

Edit: Gender Bender didn't impress you, so how about something a little more...action-packed? Think the thrills and spills in Barkley can stack up against Desert Gunner or Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae? Both got through Greenlight. Lucky for you, it's a new era of trash on Steam, so B2 should fit right in.

Anonymous Robot fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Mar 19, 2014

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Anonymous Robot posted:

Edit: Gender Bender didn't impress you, so how about something a little more...action-packed? Think the thrills and spills in Barkley can stack up against Desert Gunner or Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae? Both got through Greenlight. Lucky for you, it's a new era of trash on Steam, so B2 should fit right in.

You're telling me you don't want to play Metal Waifu Solid Rising revengeance?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Anonymous Robot posted:

W-wow... such quality.

You know, the games are what they are, but the descriptions for them are really good. Few of the features listed on the back of the box for B2 are going to be:

- As the player you can defeat enemies using weapons
- Wield gun's with bullet's

Is there a difference between hardcore and hard-core?

Also this makes me wonder if the greenlit games are like sectioned off into their own garbage bin because I've never seen any of these. Bakely is going to be just another bag of trash on the pile.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Update on my friend's situation: the TOGsters fixed the problem with haste, confirming that they are Cool Guys. She was very happy.

Speaking of problems, I noticed something familiar in the comments of that Destructoid article:

quote:

I loved the little bit i played of S&JG but couldn't play it because whenever i did Vince's laser special the game would crash.

Did you guys ever figure out what caused that particular problem? I'd venture to say it's probably the same thing that caused

but do you guys know the actual issue? It makes me sad to think some people might never get to play through B:SUAJG.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Lurdiak posted:

Update on my friend's situation: the TOGsters fixed the problem with haste, confirming that they are Cool Guys. She was very happy.

Speaking of problems, I noticed something familiar in the comments of that Destructoid article:

Did you guys ever figure out what caused that particular problem? I'd venture to say it's probably the same thing that caused

but do you guys know the actual issue? It makes me sad to think some people might never get to play through B:SUAJG.

as far as I know it's a dll issue with windows 8.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Gortarius posted:

Few of the features listed on the back of the box for B2 are going to be:
Was there a Kickstarter reward tier I missed? You probably could have extracted more money from me.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Lurdiak posted:

The crashes on the AGDQ run was probably windows 8 + ancient GM game = crash, but one thing that has consistently caused people trouble is the supersound extension that is used in bakely 1. Even then, it's just a handful of people who either lose sound entirely or have their games crash.

We could at some point port the first game over to GM:S (and compile an .exe with that) which won't need any extensions to play the most common sound formats, but I don't know if anyone is really willing to rip out supersound and then replace all the sound stuff with the regular system, plus there would be some other problems too I'm sure. But right now we have this boat anchor known as bakely2 chained to our ankles.

Also regarding the vidcon containers, I don't think there are plans to make any physical copies.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Gortarius posted:

We could at some point port the first game over to GM:S (and compile an .exe with that) which won't need any extensions to play the most common sound formats, but I don't know if anyone is really willing to rip out supersound and then replace all the sound stuff with the regular system, plus there would be some other problems too I'm sure. But right now we have this boat anchor known as bakely2 chained to our ankles.
It wouldn't be too hard for us to do, but I have this dog I need to feed (with code (its B2)). Although the satisfaction of knowing weeaboos could finally live out their fursuit dreams in the land of postapocalyptic B-Ball regardless of Operative Systems and Drivers and Resusomalutions is a mesmerizing utopian dream.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I feel I should give a little warning to those who are faint of heart:

Some portions of bakely2 take notes from the exemplary gameplay set forth by the revolutionary "Arise" series of games. The portions are extremely scary.

EDIT: For example, our sound guy who I asked to test this portion without telling him beforehand what there was is no longer with us, he was obliterated by fear.

:rip:

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Mar 21, 2014

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Gortarius posted:

Some portions of bakely2 take notes from the exemplary gameplay set forth by the revolutionary "Arise" series of games. The portions are extremely scary.

EDIT: For example, our sound guy who I asked to test this portion without telling him beforehand what there was is no longer with us, he was obliterated by fear.

here lies sound guy

peperony and chease

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Gortarius posted:

I never thougt that jpegs could kill a man. I'm sorry for doubting the awesome power of The Magical Realm of Tir na Nog - Escape From Necron 7: Revenge of Cuchulainn - The Official Game of the Movie: Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I never thougt that jpegs could kill a man. I'm sorry for doubting the awesome power of The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg - Escape From Necron 7: Revenge of Cuchulainn - The Official Game of the Movie: Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa

:siren: CORPORATE ATTITUDE SHILL SPOTTED :siren:

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
Is there an official Barkley wiki with an official list of official canon?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Barkley doesn't have a wiki, because wikis are the epitome of trend.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Whatever happened to Space Commander Frasier Crane? Haven't heard anything about that in ages, can't even remember who was working on it.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
:siren:CORPORATE ATTITUDE POST:siren:

Question for the developers: are you planning on talking with Sony on getting into bed with them Barkley 2 on consoles, considering they've announced that they're going to be officially supporting Game Maker games on PS3/Vita/PS4?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Delusibeta posted:

:siren:CORPORATE ATTITUDE POST:siren:

Question for the developers: are you planning on talking with Sony on getting into bed with them Barkley 2 on consoles, considering they've announced that they're going to be officially supporting Game Maker games on PS3/Vita/PS4?

Don't think anyone has said a word about it since it was just announced on GDC from what I understand. Although, if its based on a digital distribution system and there isn't excessive porting problems and such then I don't see why not consider it. Now, it is a really new thing so we should probably wait for someone else to walk into the trap first just to see how painful it is.

In other news, check out this (temp grafix) example of the one of many optional teuflischen Rätsels that are pure tedium and what we estimate 94% of the playerbase to skip entirely:

There ain't no zaubers to bail you out of this one. In fact, I'm not even sure if there is enough info to solve it as is, because I am really incompetent at making these let alone solving them.

EDIT: The puzzle was built around the number 169527.

EDIT2: This is what you have to look forward in B2, puzzles that may or may not be impossible to solve because they are garbage. Don't lose any sleep over it though because there is a form of quality control, which is the rest of the ToG people, who usually zealously filter out the worst offenders.

EDIT3: I'm currently locked inside an iron maiden for embarrasing the corporation with this Togbotch. Replaced the picture with a proper one. I think.

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Mar 22, 2014

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Pretty sure that's impossible under the information provided. The smallest number can't be 0, because another digit is a multiple of the smallest number. The largest number needs to be divisible by 3, because there is another number that is 2/3 of it. The upper range of possible digits here drops down to 6, at which point there aren't enough numbers available for there to be 6 different ones.

Unless the numbers can have more than one digit- or is the first line meant to indicate that the solution has six digits, not that the digits are all different?

vvvvvv Right, it can be impossible a couple different ways.

edit: OK, now it checks out. It's pretty simple, though.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Mar 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
If the third number is 6 then second number ends up being 4, and the fourth number is one less than the second number, which is 3 and that is not one of the valid numbers.