Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Funkmaster General posted:

"Rick and Morty will return in two weeks!"

... Okay this is getting old, guys.

Cartoons take time to make. Sometimes deadlines are missed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

hey you kids, get out of my moat, it was not meant to be played in
Did anyone notice Rick was watching Ball Fondlers when Summer came home after being fired?

Man, what a good episode. Rick's such a dick he can make the devil himself attempt suicide.

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

Planet Piss posted:

Did anyone notice Rick was watching Ball Fondlers when Summer came home after being fired?

Man, what a good episode. Rick's such a dick he can make the devil himself attempt suicide.

And there's a photo of Snowball on the wall in the dining room.

This episode was great and I can't wait for the next one.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
That was tremendous.

I'm loving the little things, when Morty walks in after being sent home from Pluto Rick says "Hey! Er... Hey." Awesome to see characters this detailed.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Oh my god, the DMX montage was amazing.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

TheModernAmerican posted:

That was tremendous.

I'm loving the little things, when Morty walks in after being sent home from Pluto Rick says "Hey! Er... Hey." Awesome to see characters this detailed.

I don't know why the Buttertron's dejectedly lobbing an entire stick of butter into Rick's TV dinner right before this cracks me up so much, but I can't stop giggling about it.

I also loved the bewildered look of bystanders in the gym at the end, giving the impression that it wasn't a montage so much as a few hours (Turbulent Juice?)...

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Wow. I did not expect that ending in the slightest. That was awesome.

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

hey you kids, get out of my moat, it was not meant to be played in
Gotta agree, that ending was loving phenomenal. Didn't see it coming at all, but why the hell not? It makes as much sense as anything else they'd have done.

I'm really liking these Rick and Summer episodes, they play off each other really well

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
Not sure if I want to decurse my cursed items at a place that lets trunk-people hating bigots shop around :

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

It makes me happy as hell to see Rick and Summer bonding like they are. I like that Summer seems to be matching the same mental wavelength.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Even better the second time. AS needs to replace King of the Hill at 4am with a 3rd helping.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Holy poo poo that episode was amazing. I love the way they take cliched plots and warp them. Everything about Rick loving with the devil was fantastic and of course Jerry being an idiot never gets old. I also love how well both Morty and Summer take crazy poo poo in stride now. But that ending was perfect.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It was all fantastic but the butter-robot C-plot was incredible.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

lovely Wizard posted:

Not sure if I want to decurse my cursed items at a place that lets trunk-people hating bigots shop around :

We're not in the trunk people universe, how can he be bigoted against something that doesn't exist? :colbert:

(He's probably a homophobe though!)

nikochansan
Feb 11, 2014
Week after week, this show is just consistently pleasing me in the best of ways. I mean, with Dan Harmon involved, I'm not surprised, but still, there's just so much I love about this show

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
This show.

yessssssssssss. Oh my god it's so good.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Ahahaha this show is loving magic. Starting as a Needful Things parody and ending with a DMX smackdown is glorious beyond words.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This episode ruled. I love Alfred Molina as The Devil.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Pick posted:

It was all fantastic but the butter-robot C-plot was incredible.

Agreed. I had a huge laugh at Rick creating a sentient robot and then immediately making it depressed about its existence.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Who voiced the king or whatever of Pluto? It almost sounded like David Wain or something.

EDIT: Nevermind it was Rich Fulcher

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
In "honor" of Fred Phelps taking the express train to Hell, we need a .gif of Rick and Summer beating the poo poo out of the "God Hates Fags" guy.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

The Pluto part was kind of boring but Rick vs. The Devil completely made up for it. Rick's reaction to finding out that he made The Devil attempt suicide was simply amazing. And that DMX montage was great as well.

Hoopy Frood
May 1, 2008
Awesome episode. I love how Summer isn't just some annoying older sister to play off Morty, but has a few of her own stories. I also loved how it showed her looking completely bored while travelling in a homemade flying saucer to her new job.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Hoopy Frood posted:

Awesome episode. I love how Summer isn't just some annoying older sister to play off Morty, but has a few of her own stories. I also loved how it showed her looking completely bored while travelling in a homemade flying saucer to her new job.

Guess that space ship from the Gazorpazorp world ran out of whatever it runs on.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Agreed. I had a huge laugh at Rick creating a sentient robot and then immediately making it depressed about its existence.

Anyone gif the sulking butterbot? it had me in loving hysterics.

Also in Meeseeks what was Morty holding at the begining when he killed his family, it looked like an old Nintendo cartridge game

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Mar 25, 2014

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I don't know why the Buttertron's dejectedly lobbing an entire stick of butter into Rick's TV dinner right before this cracks me up so much, but I can't stop giggling about it.
Buttertron = Rick's NEPTR

Rocksicles posted:

Anyone gif the sulking butterbot? it had me in loving hysterics.

Also in Meeseeks what was Morty holding at the begining when he killed his family, it looked like an old Nintendo cartridge game

Yes, it totally does. I LIKE THINGS THAT I REMEMBER

This episode is now the one that I will be using to introduce newbies to the show from now on or until it is surpassed. Bye-bye Meeseeks.

VideoTapir fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Mar 25, 2014

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Oh man. I missed the, "Um. I'm here for my Undead Cat and Child." thing from my first viewing.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Summers has such strange, almost whimsical, sense of morality. She’s willing to help The Devil himself as long as he’s nice to her and treats her with respect. She refused to deprive Snuffles of sentience even though he was clearly dangerous because that would be “Indian giving”. She’s clearly has a strong desire to do the right thing, but her idea of what’s right doesn't quite match what’s socially acceptable.

She’s also not above using steroids to get super buff with her grandpa so they can punch Satan in the face when he tries to Zuckleberg her, which is pretty awesome in and of itself.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Summers has such strange, almost whimsical, sense of morality. She’s willing to help The Devil himself as long as he’s nice to her and treats her with respect. She refused to deprive Snuffles of sentience even though he was clearly dangerous because that would be “Indian giving”. She’s clearly has a strong desire to do the right thing, but her idea of what’s right doesn't quite match what’s socially acceptable.

She’s also not above using steroids to get super buff with her grandpa so they can punch Satan in the face when he tries to Zuckleberg her, which is pretty awesome in and of itself.

She also beat up bullies and homophobes though, so I'd say she has some strong sense of morals. She probably justified the Devil to herself as the items teaching lessons.

Hoopy Frood
May 1, 2008
It's almost like she's just a teenager or something!

Yeah, I do get what you mean, though. I saw it as kind of sad in a way. It seemed like she was just craving a bit of respect and praise from an adult, so she put aside her morals for awhile.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
What job that hires teenagers isn't evil, anyway?

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Rick and Summer skipped leg day

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Morty telling his father over and over that he was about to jerk off when he barged in after their heartfelt moment was pretty good.

Also I love the betrayal of expectations with characters, Summer is great likable person, who most shows would write off as "annoying bimbo teen!"

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
This show is on par with or better than the best of Futurama. I have a new favorite cartoon.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Rick and Summer just non-stop spitting all over their victims in the post-credits scenes was magnificent.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
After watching western cartoons for a while, you kinda grow accustomed to them having a pretty loose continuity. Sometimes there is a nod back towards something that happened in the past, but generally each episode is a pretty isolated incident.

Rick & Morty is different in this regard, and it's part of what I think makes it great: the continuity is as tight as most live-action comedy shows.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I love the way they reinforced the idea that evil is ultimately self-destructive and a little stupid. Rick Sanchez drove the Devil to a suicide attempt by being casually dickish. What did the Devil think was going to happen when Rick got really angry with him for messing with Summer?

johntfs fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Mar 25, 2014

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!
I honestly think Rick admitting he was basically being Bugs Bunny was the funniest line in the episode. It made me laugh the most, at least. I love this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
I finally saw the after credits sequence. loving amazing.

• Locked thread