Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
The best way to clear Shock and Awe Extreme would be to do as many quick takedowns as you can, from what I can tell. Primarily on the knife guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Played through the Harley DLC on AC yesterday, and at the Bats beginning when you speak to Gordon, he says "When this is over, we need to talk about that other thing. Remember?". Is that some dropped extra content, or is he just talking about a thread from AC?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Trickjaw posted:

Played through the Harley DLC on AC yesterday, and at the Bats beginning when you speak to Gordon, he says "When this is over, we need to talk about that other thing. Remember?". Is that some dropped extra content, or is he just talking about a thread from AC?

Probably Hush or Azrael is my guess

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Trickjaw posted:

It's in reference to the comic book tie-in epilogue to AC, which involves a horriblly written, trite plot-from-beyond-the grave by the Joker. The specific thing Gordon is referring to is cremating Joker's corpse.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

It's in reference to the comic book tie-in epilogue to AC, which involves a horriblly written, trite plot-from-beyond-the grave by the Joker. The specific thing Gordon is referring to is cremating Joker's corpse.

:allears: Tell me more!

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Discendo Vox posted:

Maybe he keeps the ashes in a fancy jar over his bat-fireplace

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Excels posted:

Oh, I think it would be in a pouch on the utility belt. Or Just get Joker stuffed and put in a glass case in the bat cave to moon over.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I haven't read any of the arkham city tie-in comics, just synopses on the wiki. Apparently, they were all also written by Paul Dini, for whatever that means to you comic nerds.

Here's the general Arkham city comics on the Arkham wiki. They sound like they might be interesting.

The Joker cremation comic, called Arkham City: End Game, is much harder to find info on. The synopsis of what happens appears to be available on the Arkham wiki Joker page:

quote:

After the incident with Harley, Batman and Gordon meet at the morgue where James reveals that after the autopsy it was confirmed that The Joker really was dead and that they need to decide on what to do with the body. The next day Batman investigates the message recorded by The Joker in the event of his death and with it revealing that Joker has put bombs on the walls of Arkham City planning on releasing the criminals onto the streets of Gotham. To make sure others don't interfere, Joker sends a message to Gotham saying that whoever finds and returns his body to Harley will be rewarded with 1 million dollars, causing destruction and chaos in the streets. With the GCPD occupied, Joker claims that Batman is the only one that can stop it and says he'll find the deactivation code at a place of independence on his way to Arkham Asylum. Batman remembers a brutal plot by the Joker on the 4th of July in which the villain caused a blackout in Gotham causing people to go outside and investigate only for the Joker to have rigged firecrakers and lacing them with Joker Toxin killing many men, women, and children.

After the incident, Batman remembers he took the Joker to a cell of extreme isolation and summarizes this is where the deactivation code is. Entering the cell Batman finds a book containing the name of all his victims suddenly the door closes revealing bombs inside the the room placed by Clayface. Joker on a loudspeakers announces that he never planned on freeing the inmates in Arkham City and reveals that everything was set up to lead him into this trap and with his last words to the Dark Knight the bombs explode drawing the officers, Detective Bullock, and Vicki Vale to the scene. While the officers search, the only thing they find is Batman's bloody cloak. Gordon finds out and orders Harvey to keep the news from reaching the public. As Gordon loses faith in protecting his city he is contacted by Batman who does not reveal how he survived such a chaotic explosion and the two decide to cremate Joker's body. Finally after years of death and destruction Batman claims that finally there will be no more laughs as The Clown Prince of Crime's body is cremated.

So, yeah, it undermines all the interesting stuff in the game for a generic "I foresaw everything, have some bombs" beyond-the-grave deathplot.

Trickjaw posted:

Oh, I think it would be in a pouch on the utility belt.

Pocket sand.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

Finally after years of death and destruction Batman claims that there will be no more laughs as The Clown Prince of Crime's body is cremated.

Excels fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Mar 26, 2014

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Excels posted:

Or in the mouth of the t-rex in the batcave?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I don't think Paul Dini wrote for Arkham Unhinged or End Game. I think he only did the five prequel comics for the game.

But yeah, End Game was pretty awful.

And it might be canon, as Harley quotes a line from the comic during HQR. Something about her therapist saying that she's in mourning and prone to random acts of aggression or something. It occurs early on in the DLC.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I don't think Paul Dini wrote for Arkham Unhinged or End Game. I think he only did the five prequel comics for the game.

But yeah, End Game was pretty awful.

And it might be canon, as Harley quotes a line from the comic during HQR. Something about her therapist saying that she's in mourning and prone to random acts of aggression or something. It occurs early on in the DLC.

I guess even therapists need therapy eventually, huh.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

:frogsiren: COLD COLD HEART SPOILERS AHOY! :frogsiren:

Arkham videos reports the achievements and some other info for the DLC has been leaked. It looks like they're also taking the opportunity to add a challenge mode achievement for Ninja Bruce, although that's speculation on my part. Also some signs of more Anarky, everyone's favorite DnD poster.

Namaste
May 5, 2007
good news for people who love bald news
I bought the loving season pass for Arkham Origins.

:suicide: I make poor decisions.

C'mon, Cold Cold Heart. Be good.

EDIT: Nevermind. Figured it out.

Namaste fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Mar 27, 2014

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

e: stupid question.

Excels fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Mar 27, 2014

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Excels posted:

Didn't WB Montreal say they weren't even patching Origins because they had already moved onto another project? But they're doing new DLC?

They were working on the DLC. That was the project they were working on.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
http://www.vg247.com/2014/03/27/meet-arkham-knight-the-new-batman-character-created-by-rocksteady/

New article on Arkham Knight detailing how the Riddler has set up race challenges for Batman now. :geno:

But here's the Arkham Knight again:

How he is different from the Jason Todd Red Hood has yet to be seen I guess.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

AngryBooch posted:

http://www.vg247.com/2014/03/27/meet-arkham-knight-the-new-batman-character-created-by-rocksteady/

New article on Arkham Knight detailing how the Riddler has set up race challenges for Batman now. :geno:

But here's the Arkham Knight again:

How he is different from the Jason Todd Red Hood has yet to be seen I guess.

It is interesting how they come back to this every five years or so. Like there was the embarrassing Batman: Year 2 from Todd McFarlane that had the Reaper, someone just like Batman BUT THIS CHARACTER KILLS PEOPLE!!! Then there was Mask of the Phantasm which had the Phantasm, who was just like Batman BUT THIS CHARACTER KILLS PEOPLE!!! Then even the international ones like that Kia Asamiya Batman comic that was a big deal had another guy who was just like Batman BUT THIS CHARACTER KILLS PEOPLE!!! And of course Red Hood, Azrael, etc.

The answer is he/she won't be different from any of those characters. :/ Much like Injustice's storyline the initial hype tries to make it seem interesting* but it's just more evil twins and dark reflections, the REAL ____ would never kill someone!!!

The game will surely still own, City had a pretty dumb story too but it was so much fun to play. I still haven't touched Origins because I figured it was coming out close enough that it might get a next gen port but may as well wait til it's like $5 now.

*I'm not trying to say that actual, non-mind controlled heroes killing folks is automatically a good thing, just that theses particular premises are a great way to have that content happen "on screen" while still being without consequence, it's a copout, may as well go all out. Especially after Arkham City really does end with the Joker's death.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Mar 27, 2014

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I actually haven't seen any signs that the Arkham Knight is a vigilante. My suspicion based on the name and framing is that they might be some sort of ghost of the past character, not as in Oh No It's Dead Robin, but as in Court of Owls, What's Wrong With Gotham kinda thing. The two major themes of the batman mythos are Madness and the City- I'm wondering if we might get less Madness and more City with this one.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Batman is a hundred times more capable than the world's most competent police. By the end of Arkham City I can't imagine there is a single criminal in Gotham that Batman has not punched.

And yet with every game things seem to get worse in the city. :confused:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Maybe it's Damian, here to avenge his mom/grandpa.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Discendo Vox posted:

I actually haven't seen any signs that the Arkham Knight is a vigilante. My suspicion based on the name and framing is that they might be some sort of ghost of the past character, not as in Oh No It's Dead Robin, but as in Court of Owls, What's Wrong With Gotham kinda thing. The two major themes of the batman mythos are Madness and the City- I'm wondering if we might get less Madness and more City with this one.

I will admit I'm just assuming he's a vigilante or otherwise has pretensions of improving the city in a lethal way because they put Knight in his name.

Of course it could be that they accidentally cremated a double or something and it was Joker all along but I'm hoping there is finally the nexus of good batman game+no Joker.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Neo Rasa posted:

I will admit I'm just assuming he's a vigilante or otherwise has pretensions of improving the city in a lethal way because they put Knight in his name.

Of course it could be that they accidentally cremated a double or something and it was Joker all along but I'm hoping there is finally the nexus of good batman game+no Joker.

Maybe they go the South Park route and have someone drink Joker's ashes and then his ghost possesses them. IT WAS JOKER ALL ALONG.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Oh god, Aaron Cash is going to put Joker's severed hand on his own stump and we're going to get Liquid Jokelot. :ohdear:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Oh god, Aaron Cash is going to put Joker's severed hand on his own stump and we're going to get Liquid Jokelot. :ohdear:

I am one hundred percent on board with this.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Personally, although it's incredibly unlikely, I am hoping for a HARDAC scenario.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
Everyone should read this, and not just for the detailed descriptions of new gameplay: A Very Excited Man Tells Us About Batman Arkham Knight.

Rocksteady PR guys posted:

Dax: You're feeling good. You're looking good.

Gaz: I feel like Batman.

[Batman's car screams in]

Dax: YEEEEEESSSSS!

[Thug groans and gasps in pain as Batman gets out of the Batmobile and approaches.]

Dax: We call this the long slow walk of justice.

Dax: But you're thinking: where's the Batmobile now? Easy! You want to get back into it. A single button press and IT will come and find you. Check this out. Oh, come on, that is hot! Gaz, that is HOT!

timeandtide fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Mar 27, 2014

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

He sounds so excited about getting to design a new Batmobile, but it looks just like the tank from the Nolan movies :v:

e: if they added Batmobile skins from like the Burton movies or the comics I would be so down for that though

Excels fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Mar 27, 2014

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

All Arkham games including DLC are at 75% off today on Steam, including Initiation for Origins.

Edit: Actually I see the Season Pass is also at 75% off, does that include Cold Cold Heart when it comes out?

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Mar 27, 2014

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Excels posted:

He sounds so excited about getting to design a new Batmobile, but it looks just like the tank from the Nolan movies :v:

e: if they added Batmobile skins from like the Burton movies or the comics I would be so down for that though

No way, Adam West batmobile or go home.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I want the Beyondmobile.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

I want a Beyond game. Basically just reskin Saints Row IV, and much with the super powers a bit.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Really, though, I can't help but wonder why make an Arkham Knight after two games of referencing Prometheus... a guy who basically sounds like the Arkham Knight. :stare:

Excels posted:

Batman is a hundred times more capable than the world's most competent police. By the end of Arkham City I can't imagine there is a single criminal in Gotham that Batman has not punched.

Because Batman isn't really all that efficient at stopping criminals from killing people. He punches them before they can harm a majority, but otherwise they can succeed in the short term, which makes Batman look like a temporary speed-bump if anything.

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Really, though, I can't help but wonder why make an Arkham Knight after two games of referencing Prometheus... a guy who basically sounds like the Arkham Knight. :stare:

After two games and five years they've ascended from doofy fan-fiction quality writing to self-insert characters :v:

Obviously it won't actually be that bad but it's not like anyone plays these games for the plot.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Is it me or does the Arkham Knight look like it could be a chick?

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

chaosapiant posted:

Is it me or does the Arkham Knight look like it could be a chick?

Wasn't the animated Batwoman a killer? Maybe it's Talia back from the dead ~wrong~ after a dip in the Lazarus pit. Or something.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm terrifically loving sick of the Riddler. I think over 3 games I've done almost what, 600 Riddler things. I was hoping the side-poo poo would be Hush or anything besides the goddamn Riddler for the 4th time. Does anyone honestly want to keep solving this rear end in a top hat's stuff for a 4th time? How does he keep setting up all this poo poo? Please let me collect or find something, anything, besides question mark trophies. Azrael armor, Phantasm masks, Professor Pyg dollotrons, anything but Riddler trophies.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Excels posted:

Because all Batman does is perpetuate the cycle of violence instead of tackling the causes of crime.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Again, we have zero information about Arkham Knight's plot, character or motives. We don't know anything about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

I'm terrifically loving sick of the Riddler. I think over 3 games I've done almost what, 600 Riddler things. I was hoping the side-poo poo would be Hush or anything besides the goddamn Riddler for the 4th time. Does anyone honestly want to keep solving this rear end in a top hat's stuff for a 4th time? How does he keep setting up all this poo poo? Please let me collect or find something, anything, besides question mark trophies. Azrael armor, Phantasm masks, Professor Pyg dollotrons, anything but Riddler trophies.

Eh, I'm torn.

On one hand, I do like the Riddler. On the other hand, I feel like his capture in Arkham City would've been a nice bit of closure, considering all of the "Riddler's Revenge" stuff they had going.

• Locked thread