Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mock the Cross
Sep 4, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

It would not be improved by tacking on The Goon Panel.
I dunno man

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Doggboat posted:

I dunno man

this owns

^^^^^: That's unironically a lot better.

Mock the Cross
Sep 4, 2009

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Droogie has a new favorite as of 03:07 on Mar 25, 2014

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

:golfclap:

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

From A Very Funny Comic.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

E. Hilariously, it looks like the authors unironically refer to tvtropes to clarify stuff or explain cliches.

N. Senada has a new favorite as of 06:49 on Mar 25, 2014

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

N. Senada posted:

E. Hilariously, it looks like the authors unironically refer to tvtropes to clarify stuff or explain cliches.
Go easy on him. Not everyone knows the place is a den of pedophilia.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
That's Shamus Young, author of the also hilarious DM of the Rings.

Oh, my bad then.
VVV

SaltyJesus has a new favorite as of 12:22 on Mar 25, 2014

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
No, the star wars comics are not by Shamus Young, but are inspired by DM of the Rings. Check the FAQ on their site.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Darth & Droids has been going for sevenish years and just hit Hoth. I'm pretty sure it's never even had a hiatus yet.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Len posted:

Darth & Droids has been going for sevenish years and just hit Hoth. I'm pretty sure it's never even had a hiatus yet.

Aww gently caress I had to do things today. :(

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

paradoxGentleman posted:

Go easy on him. Not everyone knows the place is a den of pedophilia.

The artist is a goofy nerd that has a Physics Doctorate, and has an older comic that has ended already and he used to link to TVTropes in that too. His comics aren't usually very funny, but there's no creepy stuff in them, and he really doesn't seem like a Troper. Has TVTropes always been a pedo/rapist den?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
As I understand it it's mostly the forums that are a cesspit. The site proper is harmless, if useless.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Some articles, especially those that deal with sex or reactions to loli-friendly stuff, aren't safe either. I just checked out the TvTropes thread here and I almost felt sick.

Which is a shame because I don't think it's useless. I've learnt a couple of things reading on that site. It has made me more perceptive to hidden elements in media and made me apprecaite them more. It's even funny from time to time.

Hornibrook Bridge
Feb 13, 2014

by XyloJW

Agent355 posted:

I like Goblins :shobon:

Despite examples like that one I think it's pretty good overall.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Chainsawsuit

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

N. Senada posted:

In addition, the one adult woman character role plays as Anakin and all the other characters are interested in her (him).

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Mike the TV posted:

In addition, the one adult woman character role plays as Anakin and all the other characters are interested in her (him).

When it first starts yes that is true but that stops after Phantom Menace if I'm remembering right.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Caufman posted:

Bears behaving badly.

I feel sad the bear isn't going to get nachos. :(

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

http://darthsanddroids.net/episodes/0050.html

Holy poo poo, make sure to read the notes on this one and click through the links. Then do it again.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

RandomFerret posted:

Holy poo poo, make sure to read the notes on this one and click through the links. Then do it again.

You've loving opened a pandora's box of madness. It's lovely comics about movies explaining how those worlds would exist outside of themselves and what comics those people would draw, forever, all the way down.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Krinkle posted:

You've loving opened a pandora's box of madness. It's lovely comics about movies explaining how those worlds would exist outside of themselves and what comics those people would draw, forever, all the way down.

I'm pretty sure he was joking there, dude.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

paradoxGentleman posted:

I'm pretty sure he was joking there, dude.

No matter how many times you click that link, at the bottom of the explanation of how that star wars comic's universe is like ours but star wars never existed, isn't a cultural reference anyone would get, but every other reference like mad max still works, it will link to what the in comic universe authors would make comics about instead - the exact same comic but for another intellectual property which will give the exact same explanation and link further to another with a different background color. And it has a link to another. And another. and another, because he seemingly made an infinite regression of of these. It's some house of leaves poo poo in here and I got lost for what felt like aeons but I'm back, I'm missing fingers to frostbite, and I'm asking you to not do that thing he said!

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

RandomFerret posted:

quote:

Humphrey Bogart is known (barely) for doing voiceovers for poorly selling computer games, but gains widespread fame after his appearance in the first Futurama movie.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Click on the menu links too.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

A while ago I saw a four panel Biker Cop comic and it was amazing. It's in this thread but don't wanna search 1100 pages for one thing, does anyone have it on hand? Features him saying "criminal scum"

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Krinkle posted:

No matter how many times you click that link, at the bottom of the explanation of how that star wars comic's universe is like ours but star wars never existed, isn't a cultural reference anyone would get, but every other reference like mad max still works, it will link to what the in comic universe authors would make comics about instead - the exact same comic but for another intellectual property which will give the exact same explanation and link further to another with a different background color. And it has a link to another. And another. and another, because he seemingly made an infinite regression of of these. It's some house of leaves poo poo in here and I got lost for what felt like aeons but I'm back, I'm missing fingers to frostbite, and I'm asking you to not do that thing he said!

If it makes you feel better, I'm totally not going to click that link.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Twenty-one. Twenty-one goddamn levels to this vortex of madness. And the latest one was created back in January, of this year!

How long is this bullshit going to last!?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

That lady had comics for a while on a Norwegian online newspaper and then it was over and I couldn't google translate her punchlines anymore. And then her deviant art page is a deviant art page so basically a random collection of shapes and colors with no sensible meaning so I gave up on following Jelly.

e: There are.... three things that are new since two years ago. Unless deviant art throws them up in random orders or alphabetical by file name or some kind of nonsense like that?

Krinkle has a new favorite as of 02:35 on Mar 26, 2014

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I know this is supposed to be funny but I just don't feel it.

ILL ON PZONES
Oct 13, 2013

Decrepus posted:

Last panel needs a punchline. You can't put us through all those panels with no jokes and not have a joke at the end.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

ILL ON PZONES posted:

Last panel needs a punchline.

Ha!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Decrepus posted:

I thought it was supposed to be depressed and grimdark, with her hallucinating the kingdom as she suffocates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread