Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Silver Fang's been pretty adamant about how powerful Saitama is and that he's a shoe in to become S-Rank, and basically every hero there was begging him to finish of Garou because they saw him manhandle the dude. Genos and King would obviously have his back.

But it's a joke comic. If there's a way to make Saitama not making S-Rank funny then that takes precedence over reason.

We need a new rank. A rank to establish how fantastic he is compared to other S-Rankers. He shall now be an F-Rank hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
You know, the Murata redraw had Sweet Mask being a string-puller at HQ, deciding who gets to rank up and who doesn't. That's even been hinted at a bit in this series, too. I can see Sweet Mask refusing to let Saitama into S rank simply because he hates his guts.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

SatansBestBuddy posted:

You know, the Murata redraw had Sweet Mask being a string-puller at HQ, deciding who gets to rank up and who doesn't. That's even been hinted at a bit in this series, too. I can see Sweet Mask refusing to let Saitama into S rank simply because he hates his guts.

Well, it's mostly because Sweet Mask is easily S rank, and everyone knows it, so his word has a lot of weight behind it. The problem is that Saitama makes S rankers look like leetle babbies.

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate
Zombieman saw the whole fight so he would probably not want to gently caress with Saitama as well.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

AnonSpore posted:

Well, it's mostly because Sweet Mask is easily S rank, and everyone knows it, so his word has a lot of weight behind it. The problem is that Saitama makes S rankers look like leetle babbies.

Garou is also able to make them look like little babies once he's pushed far enough. As a side note, I wonder how Garou compares with that intergalactic dude.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

Garou is also able to make them look like little babies once he's pushed far enough. As a side note, I wonder how Garou compares with that intergalactic dude.

I would say hes weaker than him. The alien seemed like he could destroy the world, and I dont think Garou could do that

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Garou survived more hits than the alien dude. Also, Onepunch-man is a brilliant inversion of basic shounen plot structure. Instead of the protagonist's power jumping every arc, the villain's power jumps every arc.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Wittgen posted:

Garou survived more hits than the alien dude. Also, Onepunch-man is a brilliant inversion of basic shounen plot structure. Instead of the protagonist's power jumping every arc, the villain's power jumps every arc.
This is one of the best things. Now with Garou, i've literally been cheering for the villain to land a hit. I mean, I don't want him to win, but just get a few shots in before he gets sent to orbit. When Garou started dodging Caped Baldy's attacks and counterattacked him first with a backfist and then a roundhouse kick, I cheered out loud.

Then kind of followed along with Baldy's disappointment as he started tripping loser flags and going crazy.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Wittgen posted:

We didn't see a bunch of the alien's fight. Not to mention the fact that Saitama was toying with Garou from the start, and never intented to seriously hurt or kill the guy.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I just realized the thread for this version is caught up to Boros, so I can link the best Onepunch-Man fan video ever made without spoiling anything. Click the little ... word bubble in the lower right to get rid of the comments scrolling over the screen.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Terror Sweat posted:

We didn't see a bunch of the alien's fight. Not to mention the fact that Saitama was toying with Garou from the start, and never intented to seriously hurt or kill the guy.

I seem to remember Saitama saying that he enjoyed the fight with the alien guy, to the point where he mentioned it being a challenge (even though the alien guy knew this was a lie, it still shows that he at least had Saitama's respect).

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Translation for the new chapter is up on Batoto. Looks like Saitama's list of roomies continues to grow.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Brought To You By posted:

Translation for the new chapter is up on Batoto. Looks like Saitama's list of roomies continues to grow.

For once the King Engine isn't roaring.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Brought To You By posted:

:frog:ninja

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well I guess Saitamas now more famous for his attitude than his strength.

I anticipate a cut to Saitama buying groceries because it's super saver day.

Poke
Mar 1, 2004
Still hasn't gotten any respect.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Poke posted:

Still hasn't gotten any respect.

He has the respect of about half of the strongest heroes in existence... And possibly the fear if most of the rest.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I read through all of this and a) loved it b) can't wait for the Murata version even more now and c) honestly the art was less terrible than I'd been led to expect.

I found it easier to follow than the end of Greed Island in Hunter x Hunter at least.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Shugojin posted:

I read through all of this and a) loved it b) can't wait for the Murata version even more now and c) honestly the art was less terrible than I'd been led to expect.

I found it easier to follow than the end of Greed Island in Hunter x Hunter at least.

Even though the art isn't "pretty" most of the time, it's well constructed, and I can follow it without too much difficulty, which can't be said for some of the huge manga like Bleach or Naruto at times.

JuanGoat
Nov 6, 2009

Shugojin posted:

Counterpoint:

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Shugojin posted:

You should read Mob Psycho 100. Its ONEs actual manga that he does for money. One is a solid artist when he wants to be. His layouts are always great.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Terror Sweat posted:

You should read Mob Psycho 100. Its ONEs actual manga that he does for money. One is a solid artist when he wants to be. His layouts are always great.

Here's a little mob psycho gif by one that proves this:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Did that gif just loving happen holy

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.
That wasn't made by ONE. That was made by this guy where you can see it with audio and two others.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Wow, those are all great.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Speaking of Mob Psycho, the last few chapters have been great. I look forward to Mob more than I do other mangas now.

Reigen is probably ONE's best character.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Condiv posted:

Here's a little mob psycho gif by one that proves this:

Guess I'll start reading it now.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Terror Sweat posted:

Speaking of Mob Psycho, the last few chapters have been great. I look forward to Mob more than I do other mangas now.

Reigen is probably ONE's best character.

Two words: Hypno Punch. :laugh:

Also Reigen 1000%. :catstare:

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Only 2 sidestories got scanlated and posted to Batoto today. That's okay though, since one of them involves Saitama being a true hero while the Hero Association was scumming it up.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

jwang posted:

Only 2 sidestories got scanlated and posted to Batoto today. That's okay though, since one of them involves Saitama being a true hero while the Hero Association was scumming it up.

I don't see them? Last posted thing is chapter 95 back on the 26th of march.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

In case you don't want to scour through the 50 other issues.

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/242580/onepunch-man_ch34.55_by_nerieru-scans/1

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/242579/onepunch-man_ch33.5_by_nerieru-scans

jwang
Mar 31, 2013

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I don't see them? Last posted thing is chapter 95 back on the 26th of march.

Whoops, posted in the wrong Onepunch thread. Oh well, still kinda relevant I guess?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/242580/onepunch-man_ch34.55_by_nerieru-scans/2 posted:

"We apologise for the lack of updates lately. Murata Yuusuke is currently improving his skills from the animation department at Toei, so please enjoy this extra chapter that originally came out in the Young Jump magazine. The next update will be on 15th May."

Murata is currently "improving his skills". The art in Onepunch Man is going to get even better. Holy poo poo.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

jwang posted:

Whoops, posted in the wrong Onepunch thread. Oh well, still kinda relevant I guess?

Well if you're gonna mispost your Onepunch-man it's better to post Murata in here than the other way around, I guess :v:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

JosephWongKS posted:

Murata is currently "improving his skills". The art in Onepunch Man is going to get even better. Holy poo poo.
That's typically the codeword for "manga artist has collapsed under the usual grueling schedule, needs time to recover their failing health." :ssh:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Haha, Garou cameo in the 2nd one.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Bang cleaning that floor is funnier than it should be :allears:.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Saitama keep increasing his badassness.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

JosephWongKS posted:

As I understand things he was asked to do designs for some new series and asked to be taught how to animate as part of the deal.

EDIT
In some of the recent pics on his twitter you can see the paper has the telltale 3 hole punches that are used for the pegs when animating.

Popo fucked around with this message at 21:17 on May 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Also the one with Saitama in the police station is a lot of fun. It's always fun to see him just intentionally give the credit to someone else because he thinks that's the heroic thing to do.