Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I was more surprised that the fatass that survived alongside hornetman became the loving Prime Minister of Japan somehow. And he's enough of a political genius to have foreseen China's shenanigans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapalope
Aug 17, 2009

Plutonis posted:

I was more surprised that the fatass that survived alongside hornetman became the loving Prime Minister of Japan somehow. And he's enough of a political genius to have foreseen China's shenanigans.

Well he can never die!

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009

Whos excited? :allears:

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
That is truly excellent news.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

.Clash posted:

Whos excited? :allears:

Goddamn I just hope that they get a late night slot (or at least an uncensored BD) for all the carnage :allears:.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Oh man this is gonna be good. Is there an expected release date for it or anything?

Broniki
Sep 2, 2009

Feminist Frequency is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign. Donate today!

I look forward to the renewed shitstorm about the roach designs.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The anime will be good only if the aliens talk like black people, too.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Broniki posted:

I look forward to the renewed shitstorm about the roach designs.

Nah, they are purple, you see.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

swamp izzo posted:

The anime will be good only if the aliens talk like black people, too.

They meet the roaches' leader, George*, and he starts speaking ebonics.

*They keep saying "jooji jooji" because their leader is named George, you see. Like the guy who writes Hajime no Ippo, Johji (George) Morikawa.

Bro Enlai
Nov 9, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

*They keep saying "jooji jooji" because their leader is named George, you see. Like the guy who writes Hajime no Ippo, Johji (George) Morikawa.

:tinfoil:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Terra-ForMars/Vol-008-Ch-064--MARS--DAY-AT-019-APR-?id=191374

New volume has been scanlated. It's like Bugfights but with real people!

e:

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Mar 26, 2014

Broniki
Sep 2, 2009

Feminist Frequency is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign. Donate today!

Ytlaya posted:

There's a couple of people working in anime/manga called Johji. Is there a particular reason for it (a western parent?) or is the name George just popular in Japan for some reason? Or is it a pen name?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Broniki posted:

There's a couple of people working in anime/manga called Johji. Is there a particular reason for it (a western parent?) or is the name George just popular in Japan for some reason? Or is it a pen name?

It's one of those names that became popular in Japan following the second world war, and is at this point internalized to the point of sometimes being written in kanji (i.e. 麻里安 for Maria, 譲治 for Jouji/George).

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

AnonSpore posted:

It's one of those names that became popular in Japan following the second world war, and is at this point internalized to the point of sometimes being written in kanji (i.e. 麻里安 for Maria, 譲治 for Jouji/George).

Ah, that's really interesting, thanks. I had just assumed that Jouji and Maria were "normal" Japanese names that happened to sound like Western ones.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Made it to chapter 12 and I'm about half and half on this series. I like the overall premise of super-powered humans versus a threat we unwittingly created; but given how easily a lot of characters have been dying I'm feeling like this is going to turn into another Gantz and I wasn't a big fan of killing off characters on a constant basis there either.

I'm not really expecting the body count to drop but do the teams start gaining the upper hand at all? Between the sudden infiltration and targeted destruction of key areas of Annex 1 and the possibility that the Terraformers have evolved a more intelligent caste capable of coordinating them future chapters look pretty bleak.

E:
Aaaaand now the terraformers have reverse engineered the abilities from the dead members of Bugs 2. That's just great.

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Mar 27, 2014

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Keep reading, the whole thing is just an excuse for silly animal/plant-based superpowers. It's complete trash, but entertaining none the least.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

trucutru posted:

It's complete trash

I disagree, friend.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Finally getting around to reading through the newest volume

67kg (pre-pregnancy), tragedy, tragedy, F cup by russian standards. Terra formars still got it

KoB
May 1, 2009

lil baby anime posted:

Finally getting around to reading through the newest volume

67kg (pre-pregnancy), tragedy, tragedy, F cup by russian standards. Terra formars still got it

Ignoring Japan's obsession with cup sizes, Japan does use different sizes than the US I guess. v:v:v

"Dislikes: keyboards with small "enter" keys
drat straight :colbert:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I just caught up and I'm really struggling to keep up with who all the characters are, which has never really happened to me before. The only ones that I can really remember are the Russian Crab, the original guy from the first team, the mantis shrimp since it seems to be playing him up as a/the main character and the chinese leader. I'd have included the Russian guy who just died but he just died

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

trucutru posted:

Keep reading, the whole thing is just an excuse for silly animal/plant-based superpowers. It's complete trash, but entertaining none the least.

I meant to respond back to this months ago. I finished the series up to the most recent translation and I'm glad I did. I think I get why the body count in the first two expeditions were so high but given what happens in volumes 3-8, the first couple of volumes don't do the series justice. It was right after the reveal that the terraformers had reverse engineered the bug organ that the fights started to feel less one sided. I like having characters that I can get attached too without worrying that they are going to bit it on the next page, some of them still die though but a main cast has formed out of the expedition group and they are actually getting closer to something resembling an answer about what is going down at mars.

Asimov is hands down my favorite character at this point because he's a massive Russian crab man who fights for his daughter and grandchild's future and he's awesome!

I also like the transition from Human vs Roaches to Human vs Human vs Roaches.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Hey, for anyone who cares, the Viz release of volume 1 came out. It's pretty good! For some reason I always appreciate translated sound effects.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I had no idea Viz picked this up. That's pretty exciting.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

mikeycp posted:

I had no idea Viz picked this up. That's pretty exciting.

Yeah, they're releasing it through the Sig Ikki imprint I think, like they do most of their non-shonen or less marketable things (ie Dorohedoro or Pluto). Wonder if it's getting the bigger volume size (if anyone cares it is).

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jul 16, 2014

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Viz seems to be releasing stuff through the kindle store now as well, which is super ideal for me.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Yeah, I got the kindle version, it's super huge for an ebook but it's really well done. The pages even scroll right to left.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Just get the viz app and give all the money to viz. it's on Amazons store so it should work on Fire.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Ended up just grabbing the paperback. Won't be able to check it out for a few days though

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

Literally The Worst posted:

Just get the viz app and give all the money to viz. it's on Amazons store so it should work on Fire.

I could do that, but this is the first comic I've bought in a digital format in ages. Seems a little silly unless I'm going to get more.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Same here. This is the only comic I read that isn't JoJo, which I am going to get physical copies of when those come out.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Check out what I found:

http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/4488/figma+Terraformar.html

Anyone planning to get this? :haw:

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

I'm sold.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Wow, finally a figure I could be more afraid of people seeing than an anime bikini babe!

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWc7aVFe2sY

:rock: Rock out and kill roaches.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Volume 9 went up today on Batoto.
Michelle get's to symbolically avenge her father's death and then the Chinese show up to troll everyone. Still no sign of the #6 squad though so things aren't looking too good.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Haha, wow, I can't believe they're making a show(movie?) about this silly poo poo. Entertainingly silly, though.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
It appears they'll be two OVAs sold with upcoming volumes of Terra Formars.

Brought To You By posted:

Volume 9 went up today on Batoto.
Michelle get's to symbolically avenge her father's death and then the Chinese show up to troll everyone. Still no sign of the #6 squad though so things aren't looking too good.

Goddamn, Michelle. :stare:

The roach pulling out a handgun was also pretty shocking, even though it should not have been unexpected.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Daler Mehndi posted:

It appears they'll be two OVAs sold with upcoming volumes of Terra Formars.

It's 2 OVAs adapting volume one, and then an anime series for the main story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Kinda forgot about volume 9 being out for a little bit. Happy birthday michelle :unsmith:

• Locked thread