Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

thexerox123 posted:

You're one to talk.

:drat:

Irish Joe posted:

Do? No. Did? Hell yeah. Its not a coincidence that this season feels more like Community's Greatest Hits than a fresh new start. We already had L&O 2, Paintball 4 and D&D 2. In two weeks we're getting Cartoon 3. It'd be nice to get an episode featuring stuff that wasn't done better in the first three seasons.

I'd say you're over-generalizing, but... that's kinda what you do.

Stop raining on our parade. We're gonna our six seasons.

El Tortuga fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Mar 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

The only better thing would be to get a proper 20 episode season, to give breathing space for new ideas around the inevitable callback type episodes.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Senor Tron posted:

The only better thing would be to get a proper 20 episode season, to give breathing space for new ideas around the inevitable callback type episodes.

However many episodes they get, all I'm concerned with is that this is their chance to actually go into it knowing they can end it all on their terms how they want it. We won't have to settle for another finale that maybe could be the series finale, but maybe not.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.
They just showed the intro and a PSA from the GI Jeff episode to the attendants of PaleyFest and the buzz online seems really positive for it. The panel was pretty good and the cast seemed generally positive toward doing a sixth season, though nothing was officially confirmed.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Yep. Here is the preview for the episode. We are all working very hard to finish it in time.

http://youtu.be/o2N8wLKC7bw

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Typical posted:

Yep. Here is the preview for the episode. We are all working very hard to finish it in time.

This looks amazing. Why can't it be tomorrow?

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

Typical posted:

You're incredible, all of you. I thoroughly expect to be crying with laughter next week.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Typical posted:

That is absolutely fantastic.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Those names are amazing. Buzzkill and Fourth Wall

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
As a massive GI Joe Fan, I am massively excited about this episode. Abed's comment is pretty spot on too.

Also Harmon sucks!

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

The Russo brothers directed Captain America 2. I just saw it. There is a Community cameo. I will say no more.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Steve Vader posted:

The Russo brothers directed Captain America 2. I just saw it. There is a Community cameo. I will say no more.

Say more but in spoiler tags.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

We may have Moved On, but I wanted to comment on the AD&D episodes.

Like the mast majority of you, I really think that the first one was a lot better. Not only because Neil's stakes were higher, but because each player's personality shone through.

Chang showed up in wildly inappropriate makeup and introduced his character in a rap.

Shirley was her passive-aggressive self.

Troy didn't quite 'get' what was going on, and wanted to attack monsters with his Additional Notes.

Britta got distracted by the tragic plight of the gnomes, and wanted the rest of the group to shift their priorities to help them.

Annie channeled her character's unique characteristics, and clinically solved the problem of how to get pegasi with her enormous penis and some really awesome sex.

Jeff at first was detached and sarcastic, but when he got emotionally involved, he became the leader.

Pierce just wanted to gently caress poo poo up in the most chaotically random way possible - and unwittingly became one of the heroes in rescuing Neil. "I rub the sword on my balls."

And Abed held it all together with a mix of vivid imagination, robotic demeanor, and the ability to remain impartial. "You have," *rolls die* "successfully rubbed the sword against your balls."

Chand0X
Sep 15, 2003

Typical posted:

That was literally the best thing ever.

You guys aren't done yet? O.o

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
RE: Captain America, wiki sez Danny Pudi has a minor appearance as a SHIELD technician.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I think the first D&D episode was the better one too, but I think the first D&D episode is one of Community's best episodes. So it'd be tough to beat.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think that comparing them is a silly, fruitless exercise that will get us nowhere! But yeah the first D&D is still my favourite Community episode ever and I don't think the second matched up even though it was far better visually and perhaps equally funny.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Oh... so the G.I. Joe Community isn't on tonight? I am disappointed beyond words.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Is there no Community tonight?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Looks like it's just Hollywood Game Night tonight.

Way to Britta our nights, NBC.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Nope, it's next week.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

DoctorWhat posted:

Is there no Community tonight?

I think they didnt want to go up against March Madness Sweet 16 games.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

swickles posted:

I know those words but they make no sense.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

swickles posted:

That's a good idea. It's not like they're normally up against stiff competition on Thursdays at 8/7.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

El Tortuga posted:

That's a good idea. It's not like they're normally up against stiff competition on Thursdays at 8/7.

March Madness draws more attention and ratings than pretty much any sitcom and it isnt close.

Edit: also pretty much everyone took a hiatus during the Winter Olympics which isnt nearly as popular as mens basketball.

swickles fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Mar 28, 2014

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

swickles posted:

March Madness draws more attention and ratings than pretty much any sitcom and it isnt close.

Edit: also pretty much everyone took a hiatus during the Winter Olympics which isnt nearly as popular as mens basketball.

I'm just in the anger stage of grief that comes from no new Community.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

ETB posted:

This looks amazing. Why can't it be tomorrow?

Thanks, yeah we are really trying hard

El Tortuga posted:

Oh... so the G.I. Joe Community isn't on tonight? I am disappointed beyond words.
It will be okay, I'm sure you can wait

Chand0X posted:

That was literally the best thing ever.

You guys aren't done yet? O.o

Its been my favorite show to work on so far. But yeah, were going to be drawing right up until the air date.

Space_Butler posted:

You're incredible, all of you. I thoroughly expect to be crying with laughter next week.

Ive been laughing every day as the shots come in.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

swickles posted:

Is this true? It doesn't sound true

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
I hope not, otherwise everything I know about the world is in a turbulent downspin.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Looks like an average of 9.2 millions viewers per day (so far this tourney), compared to 21.4 for the Olympics. Last year the Saturday games capped at around 13 million.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Fast Luck posted:

Is this true? It doesn't sound true

I mean, it depends on your standard. The single busiest weekend for Vegas in terms of money wagered is March Madness, which beats out even the Super Bowl. Other fun March Madness stats: last weekend had more vasectomies than any other week by more than 50%. In the last couple years, the rate rate for people calling out sick at their job was between 3% and 5%, this year it was over 11%. People really like their sports, especially a ridiculous tournament that Warren Buffett put up a billion dollars for someone who called it perfectly.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

swickles posted:

especially a ridiculous tournament that Warren Buffett put up a billion dollars for someone who called it perfectly.
:stare: W-

Why?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Because it's great pr and will never, ever, ever ever ever happen.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Dan Snyder paid him an undisclosed insurance premium to insure the billion dollar payout. Warren Buffet got 6 figures for doing absolutely nothing other than saying that no one will hit 1 in a several trillion odds.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

swickles posted:

last weekend had more vasectomies than any other week by more than 50%.

Ummm...

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

swickles posted:

Dan Snyder paid him an undisclosed insurance premium to insure the billion dollar payout. Warren Buffet got 6 figures for doing absolutely nothing other than saying that no one will hit 1 in a several trillion odds.
Ah. I don't follow Basketball and didn't realize it was that hard.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

They "basketed" their "balls."

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

LividLiquid posted:

Ah. I don't follow Basketball and didn't realize it was that hard.

It's not a basketball thing it's a statistical thing. 63 games are played so you have to guess right 63 times. Imagine flipping a coin 63 times and guessing which face will come up every single time. It will probably never happen in your lifetime.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Enderzero posted:

It's not a basketball thing it's a statistical thing. 63 games are played so you have to guess right 63 times. Imagine flipping a coin 63 times and guessing which face will come up every single time. It will probably never happen in your lifetime.

That and you also have to account for the fact that not every game is evenly matched. You might think this makes your odds more likely, but if you bet on a favorite and they get upset, you get hosed over.

There was a game not too long ago where only 0.4% of the people chose the correct winner. It's not an easy game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

You know who I'd have liked to play D&D with them this episode? Real Neal. No big, just as part of their D&D playing group.

• Locked thread