Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011
professional wresters are much like stuntmen in that they do dangerous things that they're basically guaranteed to eventually get injured doing.

quote:

In professional wrestling, blading is the practice of intentionally cutting oneself to provoke bleeding.[1] It is also known as juicing, gigging, or getting color.[1] Similarly, a blade is an object used for blading, and a bladejob is a specific act of blading. The act is usually done a good length into the match as the blood will mix with the flowing sweat to make the wound look like much more blood is flowing from it than there actually is.[2] The preferred area for blading is usually the forehead, as scalp wounds bleed profusely and heal easily. Legitimate, unplanned bleeding which occurs outside the storyline is called juicing the hard way.[3]

because you could get some fake blood but gently caress it, a razor blade is like fifty cents!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

wanna get a bladejob

or as we call it in the biz, a bleej

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Improbable Lobster posted:

pro wrestling is basically a soap opera with more powerbombs, right

alternatively anime for rednecks, and whenever this comes up I think of this clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbvhZ_1peYI

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Some of the Macquariums built by others on an individual basis, the versions that Ihnatko refers to as "overly complex", were constructed with parts from two sources located closer to Apple headquarters a 1 Infinite Loop on De Anza Blvd in Cupertino, CA. Across the street from each other was the Tropical Fish Factory and a retail location for Tap Plastics, a supplier of scrap and custom acrylic plastic.[2] The Tropical Fish Factory was one of Northern California's largest aquarium products and live fish retailers. Both businesses are now gone, but their impact on Macquariums will remain. How these Macquariums differed is that the actual Macintosh shell was the aquarium where vent holes and the screen was sealed so that it could hold water.

The term "Macquarium" as it refers to the Macintosh-based aquarium is unrelated to the Atlanta, Georgia, user experience firm Macquarium Intelligent Communications.[5]

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
http://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/index.php/1256:_Questions

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Srgbnonlinearity.png

Three solid squares surrounded by dithers which, in the sRGB color system, should be equally bright.
The first square has linear brightness of 0.25 and is surrounded by a dither of 0 and 0.5; the second one is 0.5 and is surrounded by 0 and 1; the last is 0.75 and surrounded by 0.5 and 1. The values were converted according to the sRGB nonlinear transformation in the range 0–255.

quote:

This image could be recreated using vector graphics as an SVG file. This has several advantages; see Commons:Media for cleanup for more information. If an SVG form of this image is already available, please upload it. After uploading an SVG, replace this template with {{vector version available|new image name.svg}}.
"hmmm, dithering. that sounds like an ideal candidate for vector graphics"

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Srgbnonlinearity.png

Three solid squares surrounded by dithers which, in the sRGB color system, should be equally bright.
The first square has linear brightness of 0.25 and is surrounded by a dither of 0 and 0.5; the second one is 0.5 and is surrounded by 0 and 1; the last is 0.75 and surrounded by 0.5 and 1. The values were converted according to the sRGB nonlinear transformation in the range 0–255.
"hmmm, dithering. that sounds like an ideal candidate for vector graphics"

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

to be fair, he did save like 1.6kb

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
my brother won some pro wrestling tickets at work a couple of years back and couldn't go so I went

it was boring as poo poo because it's a lot more like taping a tv show than an actual sporting event, like there was only a crowd on two side of the arena, and they'd cut between each fight to change the banners and poo poo, it wasn't even interesting for people watching purpose so we left after the first $9 beer

welp that's my story

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

FrozenVent posted:

my brother won some pro wrestling tickets at work a couple of years back and couldn't go so I went

it was boring as poo poo because it's a lot more like taping a tv show than an actual sporting event, like there was only a crowd on two side of the arena, and they'd cut between each fight to change the banners and poo poo, it wasn't even interesting for people watching purpose so we left after the first $9 beer

welp that's my story

huh... so do they keep the audience amped up like during a sitcom taping?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yeah pro wrestling is basically a soap opera with more beatdowns and virtually no fourth wall

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Nelson MandEULA posted:

huh... so do they keep the audience amped up like during a sitcom taping?

not really, they'd play commercials for like judge dredd or whatever movies on the big screen but there wasn't a crowd comedian or anything, it was boring as poo poo

I wasn't in the part of the seats that would have been on camera, with the people with the signs and poo poo but that area was way more tightly packed, almost felt like those guys were extras or something

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Truck nuts, also known as Truck nutz, truck balls, BumperNuts, BumperBalls, CargoNads, Drive-thru Danglers, Trucksticles, HitchNuggets, Balls-on-a-truck, or, as they are known in the United Kingdom, Bumper Bollocks,

Pantsing is a common prank in school gym classes as a form of bullying.[4][5] Its most extreme form includes running the trousers up the school flagpole.[6] Some U.S. colleges before World War II were the scenes of large scale "depantsing" scraps between freshman and sophomore males.[7] It is also an initiation rite in fraternities[8] and seminaries.[9] It was cited in 1971 by Gail Sheehy as a form of sexual assault against grade school girls, which did not commonly get reported, although it might include improper touching and indecent exposure by the perpetrators.[10] The United States legal system has prosecuted it as a form of sexual harassment of children.[11]

enter the realm of madness here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_practical_joke_topics

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Whoopee_cushion.jpg

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
The Port of Rochester terminal still exists and has since been revamped. It now houses a high-end restaurant and event facility—Pier 45 at The Port, the restaurant Cheeburger Cheeburger, the restaurant California Rollin', a coffee shop named The Nutty Bavarian.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Today's featured article

Nikki Fernandez and Paulo are fictional minor characters on the ABC drama television series Lost, played by American actress Kiele Sanchez and Brazilian actor Rodrigo Santoro (pictured). The show chronicles the lives of over forty people after their plane crashes on a remote island somewhere in the south Pacific. Before boarding the plane, Paulo is a con artist working with his girlfriend Nikki. He murders a wealthy television executive, stealing the man's bag of diamonds with Nikki. The producers of the show were often asked what the rest of the plane-crash survivors were doing because the show only focuses on approximately fifteen of the survivors, and the characters of Nikki and Paulo were created in response. The couple is introduced early in the third season. Reaction to the characters was generally negative because of their abrupt introduction. Lost's show runner Damon Lindelof even acknowledged that the couple are "universally despised" by fans. As a result of this, the couple was killed off later in the same season. Both Nikki and Paulo are buried alive, with the diamonds, when they are thought to be dead after being paralyzed by venomous spiders. (Full article...)

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Today's featured article
fan wikis are cheating

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I remember brazilian people complaining about how the brazilian actor was killed off without giving him a chance to do anything relevant to the plot of lost.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

FrozenVent posted:

not really, they'd play commercials for like judge dredd or whatever movies on the big screen but there wasn't a crowd comedian or anything, it was boring as poo poo

I wasn't in the part of the seats that would have been on camera, with the people with the signs and poo poo but that area was way more tightly packed, almost felt like those guys were extras or something

Often times they are.. Seat fillers much like they do at the Awards shows. Reduced or comped tickets and a wristband, the caveat being that when Jimmy Promoter says "Eh go over to 102 row H and sit" you go and fill the place of some dad whos gone to get a beer or take a pisssssssssssss and then when he comes back you head to the next empty space

It was very entertaining working a show(security) and being backstage near to where the talent would get their moves all worked up before taking to the ring. They come to town usually once a year and typically I work around the ring- always watching the crowd and not the show- or near where they come out the ramp and get announced. Its an alright show to work, but gently caress other people kids

As pure entertainment like a soap opera, it is retarded. The guys are mostly all athletic and in shape(unless their gimmick is otherwise), and off camera there is a split between normal nice guys and dickheads just like any other profession.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
So do they have characters that they get into, and they're more like actors, or are some of them like boxers or other sportspeople and just as fun offstage as they are onstage?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Like I want to like Macho Man Randy Savage, the dude seems cool, but I have no idea if he's for real or if he's a character.

His album was amazingly trash and so-bad-its-great and I want to know if it was self-aware in-universe trash or if that just sort of happened.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Suspicious Dish posted:

Like I want to like Macho Man Randy Savage, the dude seems cool, but I have no idea if he's for real or if he's a character.

His album was amazingly trash and so-bad-its-great and I want to know if it was self-aware in-universe trash or if that just sort of happened.

:rip:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Oh poo poo he died? Welp :(

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Unironically loved that dude. Really sad to hear about that.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Suspicious Dish posted:

Unironically loved that dude. Really sad to hear about that.

i liked his voice

me and some weed buddies used to try to do "snap into a slim jim" over and over until we were hoarse as hell

it's pretty hard, you should try it

his death was kinda cool i guess because his heart attacked him and then he crashed into a tree, harming nothing but his soon to be corpse and his car :black101:

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbF5FAKVup4

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

File:Whoopee cushion.svg
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

No file by this name exists.

:rip:

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

wait im a dumbass

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011
you can rest assured Macho Man Randy Savage was never observed to break character, he really was like that

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Forums Barber posted:

you can rest assured Macho Man Randy Savage was never observed to break character, he really was like that

Thats exactly what I wanted to hear, Forums Barber. Thanks!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
my girlfriend used to work at a newspaper and when they ran his obituary they had a huge argument over whether to print his name as "Macho Man" Randy Savage or Randy "Macho Man" Savage

vvvvvvv the AP style guide says to use the latter for nicknames of notable persons so someone wanted to go by the book

haveblue fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Mar 28, 2014

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

the correct answer is obviously macho man randy savage because that's what he was always called

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
Android Privacy Guard (APG) is a Free Software and open source application that runs on the Android Operating System. The application provides strong, user-based encryption which is compatible with the Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) and GNU Privacy Guard (GPG) programs. This allows users to encrypt, decrypt, sign, and verify signatures for text, emails, and files.
The program allows you to store the credentials of other users with whom you interact, and to encrypt a file such that only a specified user can open it. In the same manner, if a file is received from another user from whom you already have stored credentials, you can verify the authenticity of that file (and decrypt it if necessary).
For more information on how the system for encrypting, decrypting, signing or verifying signatures works, see the page for Pretty Good Privacy as this is based on exactly the same algorithms and methods of operation.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Miley Virus posted:

to be fair, he did save like 1.6kb

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

haveblue posted:

my girlfriend used to work at a newspaper and when they ran his obituary they had a huge argument over whether to print his name as "Macho Man" Randy Savage or Randy "Macho Man" Savage

vvvvvvv the AP style guide says to use the latter for nicknames of notable persons so someone wanted to go by the book

His name is Macho Man Randy Savage. It's not a nickname. It's just his name.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

haveblue posted:

it's not a nickname though, it's a title

if prince harry died you wouldn't write "Henry Charles Albert 'Prince of Wales' David"

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

fork bomb posted:

the correct answer is obviously macho man randy savage because that's what he was always called

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
well someone didn't understand that and was being pedantic about it

they did print it correctly in the end