Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

oatgan posted:

Multi ring battle royal that is impossible to follow because of idiotic production and camera work and commentary is no help either because they also have no idea what's going on. One year they had three separate commentary teams for the three rings and they kept talking over each other and it was even WORSE.

Basically it's the best gimmick ever.

I now want to see all the crazy ways Kofi could travel from one ring to another in a WW3 match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

I now want to see all the crazy ways Kofi could travel from one ring to another in a WW3 match.

You can just watch the old Wargames matches if you want to see John Laurinaitis dive between two rings over and over.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
I love all these new Legends being added, but I think they would have gotten more out of it if they'd played them in order on the livestream before putting them on demand.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I watched Main Event today and there was absolutely no commentary during the Divas match at all. Both of the commentators + AJ were talking during the match, but they had no audio through the whole match and the replay afterward.

Did this happen live, or did they remove the commentary audio after the fact for some reason?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Phenix Rising posted:

I watched Main Event today and there was absolutely no commentary during the Divas match at all. Both of the commentators + AJ were talking during the match, but they had no audio through the whole match and the replay afterward.

Did this happen live, or did they remove the commentary audio after the fact for some reason?

When I watched it Tuesday there was commentary. I dunno why they would have pulled it- I don't recall anything particularly controversial being said.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
So I just finished In Your House 5 (Dec '95), and watching the Bulldog/Hart title match made me begin to wonder.
Has there ever been a match where the two wrestlers beat each other so unmercifully that the guy making the pin loses track and instinctively kicks out?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

So I just finished In Your House 5 (Dec '95), and watching the Bulldog/Hart title match made me begin to wonder.
Has there ever been a match where the two wrestlers beat each other so unmercifully that the guy making the pin loses track and instinctively kicks out?

If you mean the guy taking the pin, then there's an infamous Sandman vs. Cactus Jack match in ECW where Sandman is concussed early and refuses to stay down after multiple attempted finishes from Cactus. Not sure about the guy making a pin pulling up early, though.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

If you mean the guy taking the pin, then there's an infamous Sandman vs. Cactus Jack match in ECW where Sandman is concussed early and refuses to stay down after multiple attempted finishes from Cactus.

There was that time Sting won the TNA title from a wasted Jeff Hardy in 15 seconds by walking up to him, giving him the Scorpion Death Drop, and holding his chest down while he tried to kick out.

WWE clearly has the tapes of all these big deal ECW shows from before they had PPVs like the one that Sandman vs Cactus Jack match is at (clips from it are on WWE.com) but they're not on the Network for whatever reason. I don't want to go hunting on Dailymotion for a twelfth-generation VHS dub to watch it :argh:

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Mar 28, 2014

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Am I the only one that's interest in wrestling has picked up again ten fold since the network launched?

I watched pretty much everything from around 1994 (when I was 6) up until around 2009. Used to be into the indies during its glory era in the mid noughties but then just stopped watching around 2009 for whatever reason.

Ever since I got SKY in 2011 I've been sort of back into it, I'd watch the major PPVs like mania and rumble and I'd record Raw but very rarely actually watch it.

But since the network launched it's like it's jump started my interest again. I've actually been watching Raw (incidentally though, it's terrible) and I've been watching at least an hour or two of the network a night after I get home from work.

Basically what I'm saying is that the network is loving awesome and it's only going to get better

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

So ECW Heatwave 1999 was missing and I assumed that some music was causing an issue with it and it would be back soon. It came back this morning and they actually completely uncensored the famous promo from before the Dudley's match. I'm absolutely shocked they did that.

Also, they finally put up Raw episode 6 which for some reason had been missing since the beginning.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Deadpool posted:

So ECW Heatwave 1999 was missing and I assumed that some music was causing an issue with it and it would be back soon. It came back this morning and they actually completely uncensored the famous promo from before the Dudley's match. I'm absolutely shocked they did that.

Also, they finally put up Raw episode 6 which for some reason had been missing since the beginning.

On the plus side, it shows that they are listening and actively trying to restore content for the network to its original form.

I still think we'll probably not see stuff like Sandmans entrance music but it's like... obvious reason why

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Deadpool posted:

They also added 14 & 15 or whichever ones around there were missing. The entire first 30 episodes seem to be up now.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

sportsgenius86 posted:

They also added 14 & 15 or whichever ones around there were missing. The entire first 30 episodes seem to be up now.

Those were always on there, just not listed and only viewable through the search. Episode 6 was never there at all.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Deadpool posted:

Those were always on there, just not listed and only viewable through the search. Episode 6 was never there at all.

oh gotcha. Didn't know that.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Deadpool posted:

How much stuff is on there but not listed? Has anyone tried to just search random stuff to see what shows up?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

I Feast On Dogshit posted:

Am I the only one that's interest in wrestling has picked up again ten fold since the network launched?

Absolutely not. I've been watching Raw sequentially when I have a spare hour or two, Tuesday nights on the Network are pretty much required viewing, and my wife and I both love Legends of Wrestling. I haven't watched too many PPVs yet because of the time commitment required, but I'll probably get to those as I watch Raws (and eventually Nitros).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Some of my friends have been hyping the Attitude Era Podcast, and I thought it'd be fun to combine my desire to jump back into that era of wrestling with listening to people talking about the events. Am I wrong to be pretty disappointed that it starts from WM 14 which is in 1998? I don't think I watched any wrestling between 95 and 99 so was hoping this would begin in around 96 where that 'feel' came in, rather than the use of the logo.

On the other hand, Mania 14 has been really rather poor so far. I'm just about to watch the Cactus Jack match, but nothing has really stood out to make this feel like a prestige event like some of the ones I've seen before and after. Maybe they did choose a good time to come in (I know what happens in the main event at least).

Goddamn Network just gives me so much stuff to put on in the background its unreal.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Deadpool posted:

6 was definitely there at one point. They've been doing a new episode every day, and I definitely watched that episode. It had the formation of the Mega Maniacs with Jimmy Hart and a weird Hogan sit-down interview with Vince. Not sure why it was pulled/missing, though. That's weird.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

According to the WWE Network Help Page here's a list of stuff coming soon to the Network.

Original Programs
The Monday Night War
WWE Total Divas
WWE Rivalries

Vault
Clash of the Champions
Saturday Morning Slam
Rock n' Wrestling (tentative)
Saturday Night's Main Event
WCW Nitro
Vault Specials

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Deadpool posted:

According to the WWE Network Help Page here's a list of stuff coming soon to the Network.

Original Programs
The Monday Night War
WWE Total Divas
WWE Rivalries

Vault
Clash of the Champions
Saturday Morning Slam
WCW Nitro
Vault Specials

gently caress yes to all of that vault poo poo

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I still do not see WBF

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I got that page from https://twitter.com/AskWWENetwork

If you're on Twitter you should follow that as they seem to be providing a lot of info and answering lots of good questions.

I think WWE Rivalries is a great idea for a show. Can't wait to see it.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Deadpool posted:

Original Programs
The Monday Night War
WWE Total Divas
WWE Rivalries

Vault
Clash of the Champions
Saturday Morning Slam
WCW Nitro
Vault Specials
My fiancee is by no means a wrestling fan, but has enjoyed the occasional PPV at parties I've thrown. Recently, with no outside prompting, she expressed a desire to watch Total Divas. Time to make that happen! :getin:

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."
Nice, can't wait to watch some old Clashes

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Deadpool posted:

Original Programs
The Monday Night War
WWE Total Divas
WWE Rivalries

Vault
Clash of the Champions
Saturday Morning Slam
WCW Nitro
Vault Specials

The end of the free trial is tomorrow, right? Probably expect these to start showing up on Monday.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
For a second I saw that as WCW Saturday Night and got excited, but high quality full Clash of the Champions is good enough for now.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Network gonna get good pretty soon by the looks of it.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I'm watching the WrestleMania Rewind on Hogan/Mr. T vs. Piper/Orndorff, and it's using a different narrator. The ones I'd watched had Gary Thorne, this one has a guy who sounds eerily like Pat Summerall.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

TL posted:

I'm watching the WrestleMania Rewind on Hogan/Mr. T vs. Piper/Orndorff, and it's using a different narrator. The ones I'd watched had Gary Thorne, this one has a guy who sounds eerily like Pat Summerall.

It was him, done a couple years ago before he passed when they were trying to do an actual network.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Awesome! He really gives it some gravitas, but I'd have thought for sure he was dead when they made this.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The first episode is pretty much just the first half of the True Story of Wrestlemania DVD, which Summerall narrated, repackaged for the Network.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Deadpool posted:

I think WWE Rivalries is a great idea for a show. Can't wait to see it.

Yeah this is the kind of stuff I love the Network for. Touching on topics that don't need a full DVD documentary. The Bret vs Shawn Rivalry DVD set was great, but there are only so many of those you can do. When you condense it down to a 60 minute show rather than 2-3 DVDs of interviews & matches, you open up a lot more options.

DudeDeuce
Feb 2, 2003
The MAN

sportsgenius86 posted:

The first episode is pretty much just the first half of the True Story of Wrestlemania DVD, which Summerall narrated, repackaged for the Network.

I believe Keith David narrated the True Story of Wrestlemania.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

This Legends of Wrestling on outdoor stadium shows is a lot better then I thought it'd be. Backstage stuff from WM9 is amazing.

edit - they should have had a bit on Power Uti

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DudeDeuce posted:

I believe Keith David narrated the True Story of Wrestlemania.

well poo poo. Now that you mention it, you're right. I remembered the content of that DVD being almost exactly the same as what we saw on Wrestlemania Rewind so for whatever reason I was thinking Summerall did that too.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Is legends house still set for mid-april?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

TUS posted:

This Legends of Wrestling on outdoor stadium shows is a lot better then I thought it'd be. Backstage stuff from WM9 is amazing.

edit - they should have had a bit on Power Uti

Where are you seeing this? I don't see it listed under Legends of Wrestling.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It's there. In Through the Outdoors.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

DeathChicken posted:

It's there. In Through the Outdoors.

Yeah, the picture is of Nash in studio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Oh my god if the entire run of Rock N' Wrestling is going up there I'm never cancelling. Also I need to buy more weed.