Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Why would you want a bucket full of unrefrigerated meat?!

To taste what meat tasted like before electricity!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I like that Winston is the least hosed up one in this subplot.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Maxwell Lord posted:

Can't say that about his back. Snap city.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
There's a little song called "Breakfast at Tiffany's" that's perfect for this moment. :cry:

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

This episode was depressing and even Schmidt at the end couldn't help.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Don't be sad about New Girl being close to ending, because Nick and Coach go on to be cops!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2TpGj6q_qY

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
You want to buy a rabbit with him?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
I hate where this episode went for Jess and Nick. What a dumb pretext for a breakup.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I'll be honest, I'm kind of okay with it, it's been a while since we've seen grumpy drunk Nick.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Coffee And Pie posted:

I'll be honest, I'm kind of okay with it, it's been a while since we've seen grumpy drunk Nick.

I'm tired of watching sad sacks get drunk on TV. This had better be a temporary thing, New Girl writers.:argh:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Majorian posted:

I'm tired of watching sad sacks get drunk

Hits too close to home?

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
I like that some of the actors (like Schmidt) mess up their lines and don't always speak perfectly. It's all very realistic.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sooooo. That was a weird episode. I liked the call back to their first kiss but this time being a break up hug.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Ravane posted:

I like that some of the actors (like Schmidt) mess up their lines and don't always speak perfectly. It's all very realistic.

The way he said "emoticon" cracked me up.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Sash! posted:

Hits too close to home?

Technically I'm not watching myself when I get drunk, so the joke's on you, fuckface! Ahahaha...oh God...:smithicide:

But yeah, still not happy with last night's episode. The way things played out seemed to completely ignore the last few months of character and relationship development we've seen between Nick and Jess. It hasn't even been two months since the "Prince" episode.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I think everyone should actively be trying to forget the Prince episode. It was atrocious....except for Fire and Ice. Warm water was funny.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

I think everyone should actively be trying to forget the Prince episode. It was atrocious....except for Fire and Ice. Warm water was funny.

God will forgive you of your error here; history will not.:colbert:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hey, I love Prince. Just not in my New Girl. Sort of like oreos and hash browns. They are awesome on their own, but together it's just a starchy sweet mess.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

If the trained butterfly didn't absolutely make that episode for you, there is no way you weren't horrifically abused as a child.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Don't be hatin' just cause I lost my virginity before you!

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Twee as gently caress posted:

No new New Girl bums me out. Only four episodes left, too.

:smith:

You know it was renewed, right?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Evil Badman posted:

You know it was renewed, right?

Ooh, I didn't! Happy day today!

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
I just meant no new episode last week. Considering the episode we got, however :geno:. I was hoping New Girl wouldn't go through that stupid 'Well of course we have to break them up' every sitcom goes through. We don't need Jess and Nick to become Ross and Rachel.

In retrospect, I like the Prince episode a lot more. The part with Jess and Prince in the closet is still as funny as ever

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Maxwell Lord posted:

I was thinking this same thing. It's about time that they made Winston not be a screwup at absolutely everything. I hope the neighbor lady takes a fancy to him.

Also, does anyone else find it funny that Nick is absolutely the smartest among them when it comes to relationships? "I don't wanna have this conversation when we're hung over." Smart man, there.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

10 Beers posted:

I was thinking this same thing. It's about time that they made Winston not be a screwup at absolutely everything. I hope the neighbor lady takes a fancy to him.

Isn't Winston still dating that bus driver?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I absolutely love when Schmidt and Coach start feeding off each other. "That's weird and I don't think you know what you're saying right now."

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Davros1 posted:

Isn't Winston still dating that bus driver?

Maybe? It always seemed like Winston thought they were dating, and the bus driver was just using him for sex and companionship.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Poque posted:

Ooh, I didn't! Happy day today!

I thought the show was reasonably successful, was it on the bubble this year?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Despite mixed feelings about the ending, I was cracking up all the way through this episode. I loved Nick & Jess's dazed wakeup chat ("awwww son of a... bitchthewaterfellontheground") and True American continues to be funny. (My favorite line was the one about Nixon & Checkers but I can't remember it.)

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Haha yeah that was the best line, it was roughly "Drink up Checkers. Forget what you saw..." in a Nixon voice.

Winston absolutely kills it. It sucks they still haven't figured out a concrete direction for his character, but honestly the way they have been using that lack of focus to go weird places with the character has been a great source of humor.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Guy A. Person posted:

Haha yeah that was the best line, it was roughly "Drink up Checkers. Forget what you saw..." in a Nixon voice.

Winston absolutely kills it. It sucks they still haven't figured out a concrete direction for his character, but honestly the way they have been using that lack of focus to go weird places with the character has been a great source of humor.

The way I see it, it seems like they haven't figured out a concrete direction for any of the characters. Not that that's a bad thing.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Watching a fictional 20 year old with a cool accent land fictional hot girl Cece showed me that I have been doing something wrong with my early 20s.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm more convinced now than ever that Tran can communicate telepathically

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I don't like the breakup. It makes me sad. Hungry eyes. One look at you and I can't disguise :(

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Jess watching Coach watching Winston yawn was the cutest thing I've ever seen.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Coffee And Pie posted:

Jess watching Coach watching Winston yawn was the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Need a gif of that.

Also, I'm calling it: Tran is this season's breakout star. Most people will credit his Emmy to his rich baritone, but I think he's getting the best dialogue of anyone from the writers.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Pinot moir...meower...

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I laughed so hard at "He yells 'Yahtzee!' when he climaxes."

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Oh god, Schmidt reacting to Coach's bow. "Thank you, I needed this. Delightful. Oh, to you too buddy." God, Schmidt's the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
So is Coach a full-time cast member now?

• Locked thread