Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
Theres also lion fights at 10 on friday on axs featuring cyborg and metamoris on Saturday featuring Eddie bravo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Oh cool, I get to see Cyborg maul another last minute replacement

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Congrats to WillieDee who will probably be a godfather or something

https://twitter.com/JColossus/status/449260125098737664

quote:

@JColossus
Say hello to baby Colossus :) @GrazMerlino pic.twitter.com/ajlmvAXQ6Z

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Genki Sudo getting repped as having the next Gangham Style on CNN? Don't mind if I do!

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/showbiz/2014/03/25/mxp-japan-have-a-nice-day-music-video.hln.html

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Captain Log posted:

Genki Sudo getting repped as having the next Gangham Style on CNN? Don't mind if I do!

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/showbiz/2014/03/25/mxp-japan-have-a-nice-day-music-video.hln.html

Genki is the best, but I wonder if getting ultra-famous will prevent him from his ultimate goal: transitioning to the 4th dimension

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

quote:

@guicruzzz 11m
Matt Riddle vs. Jose Landi-Jons set for Titan FC welterweight title (@guicruzzz) http://sbn.to/1dA8Qyd

Matt Riddle fighting for a belt, I'm filled with joy

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Yuriy posted:

That does not fill me with as much joy as finding out that Pele is still fighting. I had assumed he retired by now that dude's been around forever.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
i too am glad a guy who was kind of over the hill in 1999 is fighting

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
i am glad that nick newell is getting a title shot, i know his girlfriend and he is a very nice guy

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Yuriy posted:

Riddle wins by smoke out choke out

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Bundt Cake posted:

i too am glad a guy who was kind of over the hill in 1999 is fighting

He was always pretty fun to watch. He was never an elite fighter anyway.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Sprecherscrow posted:

He was always pretty fun to watch. He was never an elite fighter anyway.

I think he was

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Pele was absolutely considered an elite fighter in the late 90's/2000. He started on a slide in 2001 and never really made it back above journeyman status after that point.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Yuriy posted:

Can't wait for Matt Riddle to soundly beat him and immediately pop for weed metabolites.

Keep the tradition alive!

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Yuriy posted:

you shouldn't be because he gonna use that same belt to beat his kids

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

1st AD posted:

you shouldn't be because he gonna use that same belt to beat his kids

The true negatives of not allowing weed for fighters

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Cage Warrior prelims are live on facebook and they sprung for Joe Martinez unlike the UFC

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

quote:

@JAronsonTitanFC 4m
@TheCodyMcKenzie u feel like fighting???

And Cody McKenzie finds a job

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...
Pity he couldn't find his shorts

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Cody McKenzie was built for the B-Leagues. Good for him, I hope he chokes out some bums.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Cody tried hitting on my bestfriend and she wasn't having it and I told him to go "eat his shorts" or something. I was a bit drunk and I don't really remember.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

omg chael crash posted:

Cody tried hitting on my bestfriend and she wasn't having it and I told him to go "eat his shorts" or something. I was a bit drunk and I don't really remember.

This story needs more words.

Also, Cyborg just got beat in a Muay Thai match. Sounds like she got knocked down a bunch.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

cool

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
I still want to see her fight Ronda.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Captain Log posted:

This story needs more words.

Also, Cyborg just got beat in a Muay Thai match. Sounds like she got knocked down a bunch.

I don't know, he bitched about the owner of his gym a lot and went on about Chad Mendes punching him a bunch or something. He's just a weird loving dude. He did teach us his guillotine that day before we went out.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

omg chael crash posted:

I don't know, he bitched about the owner of his gym a lot and went on about Chad Mendes punching him a bunch or something. He's just a weird loving dude. He did teach us his guillotine that day before we went out.

I guess he is the equivalent of a joke RPG character that you drain all their stats to 1 so you can dump 100% into a single category. In this case, guillotine chokes.

Also God drat that knee on Cyborg is loving beautiful.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Captain Log posted:

It's a pity this video gets major news network recognition rather than the others. Spacewalker and Mindshift were way better.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

this is unbelievably sick

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Marching Powder posted:

this is unbelievably sick

I'm not sure I've ever seen someone throw a pushing knee like that in MMA. It's awesome.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
:tinfoil: there's a reason that Ronda worked so hard on kneeing the poo poo outta Sara McMann I guess

gunblade
Sep 1, 2008

-Just lucky, I guess
A few more shots from the Cyborg fight here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXtZMa4F_gg

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

gunblade posted:

A few more shots from the Cyborg fight here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXtZMa4F_gg

Thanks. I like the little front kick and spinning back kick that dropped her even better than the knee.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
credit to Cyborg for getting in there in the first place, but Cyborg fighting actual legit muay thai opponents is such an incredibly loving bad idea for her that it could only have been the product of Tito Ortiz

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Pretty cool knee right here

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Not many fighters do a good straight knee (as opposed to upwards). Schilt's the only one that springs to mind.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Is this where I discuss WSOF?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

PaganGoatPants posted:

Is this where I discuss WSOF?

This is the appropriate thread, yes. You could make a GDT if you care too but I really doubt enough people are watching to warrant it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I looked at the WSOF weigh ins yesterday and completely forgot the show would be on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

The first prelim sucked and was boring